August 23, 2014 | 1074 users online

Cleansers - Dermalogica - Ultra Calming Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2009 2:21:00 PM More reviews by facebylace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this product, but I don't love it. It's great for dryer, more sensitive skin. However, I have oily skin, and while it is a great cleanser if you have a sunburn.... oily skin + this cleanser = breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2009 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Lienke

This is my favourite among the dermalogica products I'm using at this time. I don't like foamy cleansers so this one felt perfect for me.
At night I use it in a 2-step regime along with the precleanse but at morning I only use this one along with a moisturizer.
I have sensitive skin and this cleaners really soothes it, I get no irritation whatsoever. After applying it my skin feels calmed down.
I love the fact you can use it on your face and eyes.
After getting a 50ml bottle I ordered a big one, I love this and recommend it to all.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2009 12:52:00 PM More reviews by ninigivi13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this cleanser. I use it as part of a two step cleansing regime. I use their PreCleanse first. Sometimes I switch back to cheaper cleansers but I always regret it. Its so good for my oily skin, its the only thing that keeps my face under control. It doesn't take make up off completely, which is why I'd reccommend the PreCleanse also. I like both products because they don't foam, which I find to be too harsh for the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2009 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Tpot

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

EDIT 10/02/2012 : I have just tried the new version. It smells slightly different from the old one, but that's about it. It's still the gentle, soothing, calming cleanser that my skin loves!

Like this very much as it's soothing to my sensitive, oily & dehydrated skin. I use it after dermalogica's Pre Cleanse, and it's great especially for days when my skin gets itchy rashes. This cleanser calms my skin down w/out being too drying or too oily. Its almost similar to Cetaphil cleanser but whilst Cetaphil dries my skin out, this doesn't. Great product!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2009 12:56:00 AM More reviews by estle

This product just feels like you put some soap on your face and washing it off. It doesn't work anything here except cleans it like soap does.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2009 1:00:00 AM More reviews by seuseu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a must. I am an Esthetician, and loooove this cleanser. It works for any skin types. I usually give a sample to my clients after they've had a chemical peel or microdermabraision. It flies off the shelves.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2009 10:45:00 PM More reviews by littletwinklestar

I really like this although it does feels like cetaphil cleanser. I like this better than cetaphil :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2009 7:30:00 PM More reviews by ccbloom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best cleanser I have used. (In comparison to clinique, clarins, bobbi brown, benefit, neutrogena, simple and eucerin)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2009 6:35:00 PM More reviews by angeladrylie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I really hoped this product would calm the redness on my cheeks ( I have combination sensitised skin) but it didn't and it made me really dry in places that I don't normally get dry which was really disappointing considering the hefty price. Initially I really liked the texture and the smell, and it did feel gentle on while doing a good job of removing my makeup, but despite my being very careful to rinse it off my skin looked like a red flaky desert. The only reason I paid so much is because I was getting desperate for something to help my irritated skin and I thought dermalogica would do the trick, but now I am using Clinique Liquid Facial Soap in mild which is doing the trick for about 1/3 of the price. As far as I am concerned Dermalogica is a rip off.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2009 11:47:00 AM More reviews by val_encia

Been using it for a year, I love how it treats my sensitive skin with care. Mild yet cleanse very well!!!