Dermalogica Ultra Calming Cleanser

3.9

Not tested on animals

NEW INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Bisabolol, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Glycerin, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Hydroxyphenyl Propamidobenzoic Acid, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Fumaria Officinalis Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Fumaric Acid, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Echinacea Purpurea Extract, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Cetyl Trimethyl Ammonium Chloride, Salix Alba Bark Extract, Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract, Glyceryl Caprylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Panthenol, Aminomethyl Propanol (05/2011). OLD INGREDIENTS: Lavandula Angustifolia(Lavendar) Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Citrus Medica Limonium (Lemon) Extract, Fumaria Officinalis Extract, Fumaric Acid, Cucumis Sativis (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium CHloride Phosphate, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Cetrimonium Bromide, Acrylkates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, AMinomethyl Propanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben 5/20/09

on 7/18/2009 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I always believed I had super dry skin. It turns out I'm super sensitive though which leads to the irritation that makes ny skin look awful and flaky and feel so dry and sometimes itchy. I've used Ultra Calming for 2 weeks now and it is my saviour! I'm soooo glad the facial lady thought to have me try the sensitive line! I use it with barrier repair and soothing protection spray and my skin has truly never looked better. My mom (who has bought me every product out there as a teen) can't believe she only bought me stuff for ultra dry skin all that time. All along what I needed was sensitive!! I wear Bare Essentuals and Ultra Calming removes it with no problem. Maybe it would be too gentle for harsher make ups but worjs perfect for me. My face is so even now with these 3 products, I don't have any more redness. I think I have mild rosacea because I did get redness but no more. My skin feels so goo dand not a single flake!!

on 7/12/2009 2:53:00 AM

this is a very gentle cleanser as reviewed by the others and i find that it does a pretty good cleansing job. its non soapy and can be tissued off but i still prefer rinsing off when i'm done. i usually wash twice with this cleanser and my skin still feels that it is not parched and dry.

also it seemed to calm my skin down quite a bit and my breakouts, while still frequent, seem lesser in numbers.

will repurchase this for sure!

on 6/30/2009 9:03:00 PM

I like this cleanser as its very gentle on my skin and calms down any redness. My skin doesnt feel tight or dehydrated after use. I use it morning and night. Although it is not the best cleanser for getting rid of makeup! I would prefer to use pre cleanse before hand. No nasty smells and doesnt foam, feels like massaging in a lovely mousse into your skin.

on 6/4/2009 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this product, but I don't love it. It's great for dryer, more sensitive skin. However, I have oily skin, and while it is a great cleanser if you have a sunburn.... oily skin + this cleanser = breakouts.

on 5/30/2009 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my favourite among the dermalogica products I'm using at this time. I don't like foamy cleansers so this one felt perfect for me.
At night I use it in a 2-step regime along with the precleanse but at morning I only use this one along with a moisturizer.
I have sensitive skin and this cleaners really soothes it, I get no irritation whatsoever. After applying it my skin feels calmed down.
I love the fact you can use it on your face and eyes.
After getting a 50ml bottle I ordered a big one, I love this and recommend it to all.

on 5/12/2009 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this cleanser. I use it as part of a two step cleansing regime. I use their PreCleanse first. Sometimes I switch back to cheaper cleansers but I always regret it. Its so good for my oily skin, its the only thing that keeps my face under control. It doesn't take make up off completely, which is why I'd reccommend the PreCleanse also. I like both products because they don't foam, which I find to be too harsh for the skin.

on 4/24/2009 10:58:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

EDIT 10/02/2012 : I have just tried the new version. It smells slightly different from the old one, but that's about it. It's still the gentle, soothing, calming cleanser that my skin loves!

Like this very much as it's soothing to my sensitive, oily & dehydrated skin. I use it after dermalogica's Pre Cleanse, and it's great especially for days when my skin gets itchy rashes. This cleanser calms my skin down w/out being too drying or too oily. Its almost similar to Cetaphil cleanser but whilst Cetaphil dries my skin out, this doesn't. Great product!

on 4/21/2009 12:56:00 AM

This product just feels like you put some soap on your face and washing it off. It doesn't work anything here except cleans it like soap does.

on 3/30/2009 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a must. I am an Esthetician, and loooove this cleanser. It works for any skin types. I usually give a sample to my clients after they've had a chemical peel or microdermabraision. It flies off the shelves.

I really like this although it does feels like cetaphil cleanser. I like this better than cetaphil :)