Dermalogica Ultra Calming Cleanser

3.9

Not tested on animals

NEW INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Bisabolol, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Glycerin, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Hydroxyphenyl Propamidobenzoic Acid, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Fumaria Officinalis Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Fumaric Acid, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Echinacea Purpurea Extract, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Cetyl Trimethyl Ammonium Chloride, Salix Alba Bark Extract, Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract, Glyceryl Caprylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Panthenol, Aminomethyl Propanol (05/2011). OLD INGREDIENTS: Lavandula Angustifolia(Lavendar) Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Citrus Medica Limonium (Lemon) Extract, Fumaria Officinalis Extract, Fumaric Acid, Cucumis Sativis (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium CHloride Phosphate, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Cetrimonium Bromide, Acrylkates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, AMinomethyl Propanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben 5/20/09

on 9/25/2009 7:10:00 AM

This is my second bottle. I originally started with dermalogica last year for my wedding, before that it was just d/s stuff.
This stuff is expensive, but it lasts forever! As I said, this is my second bottle in almost a year now. And the bottle is still about 3/4 full (I did take about a month off to try my ds stuff again, but hated it and went crawling back)
It helps keep my sensitive skin from going red, removes all traces of eye make-up and is super easy to rinse off.

on 8/29/2009 6:46:00 PM

After years of fighting acne, rosacea and severe redness, my esthetician convinced me to try this. Using in conjunction with my clarisonic brush, I have found my way to clear, glowing (but NOT inflamed and red) skin. I love the gentle cleansing and do find it to work better than cleansers that tighten and strip the skin because the long term benefits have proven to outweigh the "clean" feeling that I always associated with drying. Initially I thought this product was the same thing as cetaphil and so I moonlighted with that for a while and my skin broke out something' fierce. I switched back, cleared right up and am a believer ! I have been using this for two years and won't stray again!!! The only reason I don't rate this a 5 is because it's pricier than drugstore.... but ultimately it is worth it. To be more economical, I buy the large size with pump.

on 8/29/2009 1:01:00 PM

I bought a 16oz size of this cleanser for about $40 dollars, which is a bit more money than what I usually spend on cleansers. However, it is a big bottle and I only use one to two pumps each time I wash my face so it will last a long time. I have very oily skin, am acne prone, and on top of that my skin is sensitive and gets red very easily. I usually try to "fix" my face by washing with harsh foaming cleansers that just seem to make my skin even oilier. This cleanser is great because it's gentle, but still cleans thoroughly. My skin is left clean and matte after washing with it. It also does a decent job of removing makeup, however I have just started using dermalogica's precleanse before the ultracalming at night just to make sure I get all my makeup off. Also, I was a little worried that I would breakout from this cleanser because I am oily and acne prone and everything seems to make me breakout! But so far so good...no breakouts! I will update if that changes.

on 7/18/2009 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I always believed I had super dry skin. It turns out I'm super sensitive though which leads to the irritation that makes ny skin look awful and flaky and feel so dry and sometimes itchy. I've used Ultra Calming for 2 weeks now and it is my saviour! I'm soooo glad the facial lady thought to have me try the sensitive line! I use it with barrier repair and soothing protection spray and my skin has truly never looked better. My mom (who has bought me every product out there as a teen) can't believe she only bought me stuff for ultra dry skin all that time. All along what I needed was sensitive!! I wear Bare Essentuals and Ultra Calming removes it with no problem. Maybe it would be too gentle for harsher make ups but worjs perfect for me. My face is so even now with these 3 products, I don't have any more redness. I think I have mild rosacea because I did get redness but no more. My skin feels so goo dand not a single flake!!

on 7/12/2009 2:53:00 AM

this is a very gentle cleanser as reviewed by the others and i find that it does a pretty good cleansing job. its non soapy and can be tissued off but i still prefer rinsing off when i'm done. i usually wash twice with this cleanser and my skin still feels that it is not parched and dry.

also it seemed to calm my skin down quite a bit and my breakouts, while still frequent, seem lesser in numbers.

will repurchase this for sure!

on 6/30/2009 9:03:00 PM

I like this cleanser as its very gentle on my skin and calms down any redness. My skin doesnt feel tight or dehydrated after use. I use it morning and night. Although it is not the best cleanser for getting rid of makeup! I would prefer to use pre cleanse before hand. No nasty smells and doesnt foam, feels like massaging in a lovely mousse into your skin.

on 6/4/2009 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this product, but I don't love it. It's great for dryer, more sensitive skin. However, I have oily skin, and while it is a great cleanser if you have a sunburn.... oily skin + this cleanser = breakouts.

on 5/30/2009 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my favourite among the dermalogica products I'm using at this time. I don't like foamy cleansers so this one felt perfect for me.
At night I use it in a 2-step regime along with the precleanse but at morning I only use this one along with a moisturizer.
I have sensitive skin and this cleaners really soothes it, I get no irritation whatsoever. After applying it my skin feels calmed down.
I love the fact you can use it on your face and eyes.
After getting a 50ml bottle I ordered a big one, I love this and recommend it to all.

on 5/12/2009 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this cleanser. I use it as part of a two step cleansing regime. I use their PreCleanse first. Sometimes I switch back to cheaper cleansers but I always regret it. Its so good for my oily skin, its the only thing that keeps my face under control. It doesn't take make up off completely, which is why I'd reccommend the PreCleanse also. I like both products because they don't foam, which I find to be too harsh for the skin.

on 4/24/2009 10:58:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

EDIT 10/02/2012 : I have just tried the new version. It smells slightly different from the old one, but that's about it. It's still the gentle, soothing, calming cleanser that my skin loves!

Like this very much as it's soothing to my sensitive, oily & dehydrated skin. I use it after dermalogica's Pre Cleanse, and it's great especially for days when my skin gets itchy rashes. This cleanser calms my skin down w/out being too drying or too oily. Its almost similar to Cetaphil cleanser but whilst Cetaphil dries my skin out, this doesn't. Great product!