August 29, 2014 | 1857 users online

Blush - MAC - Matte Blush - Blunt

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2009 6:52:00 PM More reviews by cocodivatime

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of those products that now that I know about it I cannot see myself without anymore.
I bought it strictly for contouring after seeing a demo with it. I never really thought I NEEDED to contour but I wanted to try. It took some playing around but I love the sculpted look that it gives my brown skin . I don't need to countour but I like to from time to time.

I don't wear it everyday but its a great tool to have especially on special occasions when you want an extra oomph. I personally would never use this as a blush. its for contouring only. Thats why it will probably last me a million years. A+++

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2009 10:49:00 PM More reviews by zeje

Great contouring color. Heard raves about it, went to the MAC store and had the artist demonstrate how to use it. Instantly my round baby cheeks look sculpted.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2008 12:59:00 AM More reviews by tepurnell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Still trying to figure out how to make this work. I am an NW45 and was looking for a contouring shade - can be a little muddy but I haven't given up hope yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2008 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Sweetpotato314

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I complained about my chipmunk cheeks to a MAC SA and she suggested this for contouring on my NC45 complexion. I only recently started using it again regularly and I have to say I love its slimming effects. Be careful not to go overboard as it can turn to a rust color.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2008 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Sushischnitte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the color! I have 10 blushes from MAC, but no one is like blunt (I have a lot of pink blushes, like coygirl, breezy, blushbaby and fleurpower). First I thought it looks like dirt in the pan, but on my skin every brownish blush turns to pink. Blunt is a nice color, on me it looks like a bronzer without shimmer and it doesnt turn to pink or orange. Nice for contouring. This is my fav blush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2008 2:48:00 PM More reviews by beautifulscorpio83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this over the weekend when i went into the mac store to buy my good friend a b-day gift. i needed something darker to contour with because the bronzer i was using was to sheer and when i tried to build up the color it ended up looking really muddy. This stuff is awesome i just need a little bit to give my face supermodel cheeks!!! :) just try not to apply to much because then the color ends up looking a bit reddish. i learned that the hard way when i first applied it. The colo in the pan is a dark matte brown with no visible red tones imo, but when you apply too much red tones to appear...weird, anyway :) i love this and when applied just right it gives me perfect shading :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2008 10:21:00 PM More reviews by hotAsFiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a good shade for contouring on tan, darker skintones. I have to agree with some of the other comments...if you apply this shade the wrong way, it can look very muddy and just WRONG! You need the right brush and you need to start very light and then build up. When applying for contouring, MACs 168 brush is perfect.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2007 3:42:00 AM More reviews by PlNKdiamond

i chose this as a contour colour because it was the darkest matte shade i could find at mac. i have light asian skin and don't think it's too dark at all. my problem though with this product is that not sometimes, but everytime my body heats up or i feel warm, it changes the colour of this blush to a deep red, really flushed colour but not in a fresh healthy glow kinda way. it was more like i ran through a poison ivy bush. i don't know if my oily skin type has anything to do with the reaction but this definately wasn't for me. i've since converted to mac's 'taupe' blush and have no complaints.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2007 1:50:00 PM More reviews by DevinGirl83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was chatting with an online artist on www.maccosmetics.com. She recommended this with my NC42 skin. I'm new to MAC, but not new to applying makeup. I consider myself pretty skilled at it. In conjuction with the other reviews, caution & practice is CRUCIAL. I'll be honest...the person that helped me at my beloved MAC counter attacked me with a large fluffy brush & this blush. In the dimmish store lighting it had a heavy sun-kissed look. When I got in the car & looked in the rear view mirror, it was a very different scene. I, too, looked like I'd been playing with mud pies.

I've had this for a couple of days & am experimenting with different brushes & techniques. I'm saving for a #187 brush (or if I can find a Flirt! Feather Dust-her brush) & I think that will make a huge difference. It's a beautiful color though. It was hard for me to find something that gave a rich & dark enough color for contour that didn't add any shimmer. It is pretty pigmented for a "sheertone" blush. Buying blunt isn't for the faint of heart, but if you've got the time to practice & don't mind getting your hands dirty, this is a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2006 1:10:00 AM More reviews by jowork

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this blush after seeing it on Angela Basset in In Style magazine a couple of years ago. She used it in the creases of her eyelids, and used Stila Jezebel (copper colored) on the lids. Then she had MAC Charismatic lipstick on her lips, and either MAC Coppertone or Blushbaby on her cheeks -- I can't remember which. I tried the whole look, and it looked fantastic -- natural and coppery(I'm about an NC43 skin tone).

I haven't been successful in using Blunt as a blush - it's too dark. It's also been too dark used alone as a contour, but it does work well as a contour mixed with Wet'n'Wild Bronzer. The Wet'n'Wild looks about the same shade as Blunt in the package, but is much sheerer, so I get a generous amount of Wet'n'Wild on my contour brush and then very very lightly dip the brush in the Blunt. A perfect contour.