July 23, 2014 | 2130 users online

Cleansers - Fancl - Mild Cleansing Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2009 1:48:00 AM More reviews by dilllll90

I just purchased this product weeks ago, I tried it for about 10 days so far and I have to say, I am not impressed at all. It seemed this product is used to be fav and rave at MUA until they changed the formula?
I don't know but the texture is close to liquid, then, when you mix it with water, it becomes milky liquid-really looks like skim milk. It's easy to use, it doesn't feel like oil. In fact, I could not tell whether the makeup is indeed been removed or not since I don't wear heavy makeup. Yet I give it 3 lippies because I felt that Freeplus-I bought from Japan Kanebo made-is much better than this thing. After all, Fancl is very basic and cheap line. But Rhoto line can do the same thing with even cheaper price. I think I will try shu uemura later and try to compare it with that one too to see which one is the best.
continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2009 12:22:00 PM More reviews by laura1122

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I should have investigated more thoroughly before purchasing this, I didn't know the ingredients had been reformulated. I went out on a limb to try this because my standby, Clinique TTDO balm, was discontinued in all the local stores. I thought the Fancl MCO would be a cheaper alternative to order online since I found it someplace with free international shipping.

Whatever is in the new formulation (the list on my bottle is not in English) gave me one of the worst breakouts I've had in a long time. I'm never letting this anywhere near my skin ever again. What a huge disappointment because this had been given rave reviews in the past on the skincare board. Maybe not anymore? I'm curious to hear how more people feel about the reformulation.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2009 12:42:00 AM More reviews by GirlwithLongName

This used to be the make-up remover I used to the exclusion of all else: it was gentle, quick and thorough, but its new formula (with the meadowfoam seed oil they advertise AND a lot of complicated-sounding ingredients) made me breakout. Very distressing, since they were big and red, and they wouldnít heal either. Couldnít figure out what was making me get the zits at first cuz I hadnít changed my skincare products or routine.

That is, until I remembered the new formula of Fancl cleansing oil and stopped using it. Almost immediately, the pimples that were already there began to dry up and heal. Been almost a week, and I have had no new zits at all, and only one zit left to heal.

Iím definitely not using it again.

EDIT 11 AUG 2009: Someone asked why I sounded so harsh on this review. The reason is that I always double-cleanse, using another gentle cleanser so that I clean off first makeup and then whatever residue might be left behind, and I still broke out badly. Seeing as how this used to be my HG, I was not happy to say the least. Plus, I hate quite a few of the new ingredients - lots of chemically-sounding ones, which doesn't seem to fit into their philosophy.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2009 7:47:00 PM More reviews by shaleelo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ive already been through about 4 bottles of this!! its soooo amazing!

but i can only get it when i go to hong kong, which is a bummer so each time i go i stock up.

anyhoo, on with the review. the cleanser feels really nice on my face, and doesnt irritate me at all. however ever if it does get into my eyes my vison goes a little blurry, but it doesnt sting or anything. it takes off every last particle of make-up off my face!!!

highly recommend this product! tho, i think it does run out of the quicker side...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2009 1:46:00 AM More reviews by sculder

Highly recommended! Removes all traces of makeup with a few rubs, including water-proof mascara, without irritating the skin.

But I do follow up by using the fancl wash powder, being afraid of residue.

This one definitely beats the Shu Uemura oil cleanser, which is too watery and keeps running down my palm and face.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2009 1:28:00 AM More reviews by rebeccawangxiaoyin

It's a decent cleansing oil to take every bit of your makeup, waterproof or not, off your face. However, that is it. I did not find it anything different from those by Shu Uemura, SKII and some other drug-store brands. Plus, all products from Fancl has a expiry of one-month after I start to use. I don't wear that much makeup for which a cleansing oil is necessary on a every-day basis. It's kind waste of money that I have to throw it away when I still have half a bottle left.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2009 6:30:00 AM More reviews by whitebook

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the cleansing powder, that it melts all makekup immediately, but it gave me zits on my face. BTW, it only last for 6 month, it has no preservatives in it, so it's pretty easy to have bacteria living in it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2009 2:13:00 AM More reviews by HappyGoLucky27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This oil cleanser is fantastic! I've used many oil cleansers as I'm a big fan and this one tops my list. However it is expensive to get them in Australia so not in a hurry to purchase again. However it is highly recommended, my skin feels smooth and non oily afterwards and make up is removed perfectly. It feels nice on the skin. Two thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2009 8:09:00 PM More reviews by theorginal

I really love this stuff... I always repurchase this to take off my makeup and it does a pretty decent job. My only complaint would be how it expires 3 months after you open it. Even though it has a 3 months shelter life after opening... it only lasts me about 2 months and it doesn't come cheap!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2009 10:52:00 AM More reviews by oceanicblue

When I first used this, I would have had the same rave review as the rest of the members below, but not anymore. I would use this everyday in the evening to remove my makeup and it did take everything off. However, I notice that this clogs my pores 3 mths down the road. I took a break from it and my skin recovered 6 mths later. I gave it another try and the same thing happened. 3 mths and terrible outbreaks, very clogged skin despite double cleansing with a normal cleanser after. 2 pumps are enough to remove makeup completely but the price is not exactly cheap for a 120ml bottle that can last only for 2 mths.