Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil

Cetyl Ethylhexanoate,Butylene Glycol Diisononanoate,Polyglyceryl-10 diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-20 Octaisononanoate, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-20 Hexacaprylate, Limnanthes Alba Seed Oil, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Behenate, Eicosadioate, Phytosteryl/isostearyl/cetyl/stearyl/, behenyl dimer dilinoleate, Tocopherol, Stearoyl Inulin, Dextrin palmitate, caprylyl caprylate/caprate.

on 8/19/2009 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Another one of the products I have to buy in bulk when in Asia! I used to have awful acne, so I'm always careful with the cleansers I use, but Fancl Cleansing Oil has been perfect. Removes all mascara and eye mu, and doesn't leave skin feeling dry after. A shame that they can't make a large bottle with a fliptop lid for easier travel, but I'll do a bit of give-and-take somewhere...

on 8/14/2009 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have tried the cleansing oil of Fancl, DHC, Shu Uemura and Kose Seikisho cleansing oil, and Fancl is my favorite. As for price, I don't think it's very expensive. I paid about$12(or 16, I forgot ) for a 50ml Shu Uemura at Sephora, and a 120ml Fancl
MCO is just 23.95!
Edit: I prefer DHC to Fancl. Read my review about DHC.

Perfect cleansing oil--no fragrance or preservatives. If you order from, you can see the ingredients in English and get a fast Internet delivery--well worth the time as opposed to a Sephora gig where you can only get the Boscia or from Asia.

Boscia is also made by Fancl and readily available in the US, but the Boscia has more "ingredients" and a scent, not to mention the stinging eye syndrome the you won't get with the Fancl MCO. Plus, the Fancl rinses completely. I cannot say the same for the Boscia oil cleanser.

I always come back to the Fancl MCO.

If I am lazy, a quick massage dissolves the most waterproof makeup (including eye makeup) and then a quick "emulsify" with some warm water and a soft cloth, and my skin feels so clean, even removing waterproof sunscreeen. Some nights, this is all I am up to--you know how it is.

If I'm feeling the love, which is more often than not, then a glycolic cleanser or toner. Fancl makes some great gentle and effective toners (lotions in their biz). I recommend them as well.

No stinging, irritation, redness (and I am prone to this as well as hives/tendency to redness (rosacea)). I suggest, though, rinsing the eye area especially well. Splashes will do--no need to rub.

My total HG. Order regularly.

In addition, the bottle us all plastic with a special tab to keep the pump from moving when traveling. What more could you want??

All my friends love it as well--after they get over the removing oil/sunscreen/makeup with an oil thing. OH, then it's, "Can you order some of that oil for me, too?" Ha, sure. I'll keep the points to get some free stuff and be the supplier. Plus, is GREAT about sending samples. Do try!! Shipping is well worth it.

on 7/13/2009 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great cleansing oil that cleanses as thoroughly as the advertisement promises! Just a 20-cent amount does the job.

However, I find it second to Laneige's Refreshing CO as it does not take off my eyeliner as well. Need to apply a 2nd time specifically to my eyes to remove eye makeup thoroughly.

Also, after rinsing off with water, it feels like there's a layer of oil. Unlike Laneige's clean, soft, and supple feel. I felt the need to wash my face with cleanser after using it.

However, for those with lower budget, Fancl's MCO is really the No. 1 choice!

on 7/12/2009 4:07:00 AM

i tried the new reformulated one and the older one and got the same results - both broke me out really badly that i'm still dealing with the after effects up till now. i stopped using this about 2 years ago.

i've now switched to Dermalogica's pre-cleanse which works on the same principle but is proving more effective in controling my breakouts and removing my MU.

will not repurchase - fancl's stuff dont seem to work for me though i really like it due to the no preservatives philosophy.

on 7/9/2009 1:48:00 AM

I just purchased this product weeks ago, I tried it for about 10 days so far and I have to say, I am not impressed at all. It seemed this product is used to be fav and rave at MUA until they changed the formula?
I don't know but the texture is close to liquid, then, when you mix it with water, it becomes milky liquid-really looks like skim milk. It's easy to use, it doesn't feel like oil. In fact, I could not tell whether the makeup is indeed been removed or not since I don't wear heavy makeup. Yet I give it 3 lippies because I felt that Freeplus-I bought from Japan Kanebo made-is much better than this thing. After all, Fancl is very basic and cheap line. But Rhoto line can do the same thing with even cheaper price. I think I will try shu uemura later and try to compare it with that one too to see which one is the best.
continued >>

on 6/23/2009 12:22:00 PM

I should have investigated more thoroughly before purchasing this, I didn't know the ingredients had been reformulated. I went out on a limb to try this because my standby, Clinique TTDO balm, was discontinued in all the local stores. I thought the Fancl MCO would be a cheaper alternative to order online since I found it someplace with free international shipping.

Whatever is in the new formulation (the list on my bottle is not in English) gave me one of the worst breakouts I've had in a long time. I'm never letting this anywhere near my skin ever again. What a huge disappointment because this had been given rave reviews in the past on the skincare board. Maybe not anymore? I'm curious to hear how more people feel about the reformulation.

This used to be the make-up remover I used to the exclusion of all else: it was gentle, quick and thorough, but its new formula (with the meadowfoam seed oil they advertise AND a lot of complicated-sounding ingredients) made me breakout. Very distressing, since they were big and red, and they wouldnít heal either. Couldnít figure out what was making me get the zits at first cuz I hadnít changed my skincare products or routine.

That is, until I remembered the new formula of Fancl cleansing oil and stopped using it. Almost immediately, the pimples that were already there began to dry up and heal. Been almost a week, and I have had no new zits at all, and only one zit left to heal.

Iím definitely not using it again.

EDIT 11 AUG 2009: Someone asked why I sounded so harsh on this review. The reason is that I always double-cleanse, using another gentle cleanser so that I clean off first makeup and then whatever residue might be left behind, and I still broke out badly. Seeing as how this used to be my HG, I was not happy to say the least. Plus, I hate quite a few of the new ingredients - lots of chemically-sounding ones, which doesn't seem to fit into their philosophy.

on 5/22/2009 7:47:00 PM

ive already been through about 4 bottles of this!! its soooo amazing!

but i can only get it when i go to hong kong, which is a bummer so each time i go i stock up.

anyhoo, on with the review. the cleanser feels really nice on my face, and doesnt irritate me at all. however ever if it does get into my eyes my vison goes a little blurry, but it doesnt sting or anything. it takes off every last particle of make-up off my face!!!

highly recommend this product! tho, i think it does run out of the quicker side...

on 4/27/2009 1:46:00 AM

Highly recommended! Removes all traces of makeup with a few rubs, including water-proof mascara, without irritating the skin.

But I do follow up by using the fancl wash powder, being afraid of residue.

This one definitely beats the Shu Uemura oil cleanser, which is too watery and keeps running down my palm and face.