April 19, 2014 | 1833 users online

Treatments - Biore - Pore Cleansing Strips - Nose

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2013 8:57:00 AM More reviews by NiecyBaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

While this product isn't a miracle worker, it wouldn't remove all my blackheads or the stubborn ones. It does what it claims it will do. The first time I used these and after a considerable stretch of time not using it. It did pull out a lot of gunk I didn't even know was in pores, even after I exfoliated. Though its gross, its satisfying to see what these strips can pull out. I'll probably have to get a professional extraction for some of my blackheads. But this has done what a lot cleansers that claim to get rid of blackheads could never do with my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by clairedy6

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product with high hopes that it would dig out all the blackheads on my nose. The first time I tried it, there was quite a lot of gunk on the strip, but none from the nose. I used another one about a month later, and there was barely anything on the strip. So I tried again the next month, and the same thing happened. Overall, I didn't notice any difference in the size of my pores or blackheads. Also, what really bugged me is how the strip actually goes in the crease of my nose (right next to my nostrils) and made them really dry and flaky. It took about a week of me applying Vaseline to them everyday for them to heal.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 7:14:00 AM More reviews by haneuli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using the nose strips since they first came out. I don't use them very often, maybe about 2-3 weeks or so? I've gone as long as three months between use, but it's only because I forget to use them...

The strips work very well to remove blackheads (which appear when I've been lax about using the strips for longer than a month). The trick, as mentioned previously by other MUA lovelies, is to completely wet your nose. The strips work best after a shower + exfoliation + dripping wet nose (preferably warm/hot water to loosen the crap on your nose). I cleanse and exfoliate with Olay Daily Facial Cloths for Sensitive Skin nightly. Remember to let the strip dry completely hard before carefully peeling from the sides, working toward the middle. I find strange comfort in examining the gunk on the strip afterwards, knowing that crap is no longer on me. :) I'm not sure what kind of effect the nose strips have on my pores... I don't know if they would be larger with or without using the strips. I have not used the baking soda trick that others have mentioned, because I have so far not needed to. In any case, I will keep using them. They are a staple in my skin care regimen.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2012 9:41:00 AM More reviews by maddance713

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I first used this when I got a free sample from my Seventeen magazine a few years ago. I had heard a lot about them and was really excited to get rid of all my blackheads, but when time came for me to peel it off, nothing happened. It stung really bad while I pulled it off and I didn't see ANY blackheads on the strip. I thought maybe it was just a first use kind of thing, so I went to the drugstore to pick up a pack. I went through all of them and absolutely no results. They always left my nose red and raw. I would not recommend them to anyone and I don't plan of ever buying them again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2012 1:53:00 PM More reviews by glossyxlipz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

Ok so alone, I dont think this product is very effective at removing blackheads. When I used as instructed, it didn't take all of them off. So I found that using the mixture of baking soda and warm water, soaking cotton pads in that mixture and soaking my nose with it for 10 minutes loosens the blackheads up. When wetting my nose, I use that mixture and that really helps the strip stick to my nose. This is method is more effective for me.

Took a lippie off because I have to do extra steps for it to work better for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by lex16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love these, so cheap and always effective for me. I use once a week and always get a good amount of gunk up. I know my bf and sister have mixed results so maybe they dont work for everyone. I have used for some years, maybe 5 years, with no adverse side effects. My nose always feels so clean and tingly and empty after using one. I get gross thrills out of looking at all that crap that is now out of my face too haha:)
They dont work on my chin unfortunatley, just my nose, and always get the most stuff out of the sides, but any kind of removal of congestion is better than none to me. They are so cheap too, like $10AUD for a pack of 10. I use the chin ones on my nose too, work exactly the same. People here must have crazy expectations of what's 'cheap'. Heard of la praire anyone jeesh

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by mayvalentine100

I use this strips regularly, once or twice a week to cleanse my pores. These strips only seem to work where pores are visible i.e if I use them near my jaw line nothing will come up. :[ So I can only use the ones for my nose or really near that area. It is really effective in pulling up all the gunk and it is so cool to look at! :D And it helps in that it reduces the amount of acne I get on and near my nose, but it sucks for me that that's the only area it works in.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2012 5:31:00 AM More reviews by kianacarly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I remember buying these and liking them as a pre-teen, and I still have some noticeable blackhead issues so I bought them again. The first time, it kind of worked, but my nose looked exactly the same as before, even though there was some stuff on the strip. The next time I used it, nothing even came up. The first strip slightly helped the ones on the side of my nose, but that's it. Waste of money. Only upside was that I didn't experience some of the pain that others seem to have when peeling it off.

edit: to increase their effectiveness I found steaming my face beforehand helps, but it still didn't make enough of a difference to make me want to repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2012 8:04:00 PM More reviews by zoekay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was so disappointed with this product. I was expecting great results since their pore unclogging scrub is fantastic, but nothing! It did absolutely nothing for my pores and it was a waste of ten dollars.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2012 2:56:00 AM More reviews by hkgrl71

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using these off and on for several years, and every time I'm amazed by how well they work. I recently stopped using them for several months, and instead focused on using AHA and BHA products to exfoliate and clean my pores. Then I came across a half-used box of these in the bottom of my drawer, and decided to try it again. The result was great -- little bits of gunk were pulled out, as well as a couple of blackheads. I guess I need to use stronger BHA formulations for my nose area :P. I have combination / oily skin with visible pores on my nose. After cleansing my face, I leave it dripping wet, and place the strip on my nose, smoothing it down. I wait for it to dry -- it has to feel stiff, almost hard -- before peeling it off from both sides. I then wash off any residue with water. It does leave a slight stinging sensation, but only for a few minutes. I apply my BHA gel afterwards, and there is no stinging at all. I will probably use this every 2 weeks as a deep cleaning.