August 30, 2014 | 1711 users online

Treatments (Face) - Biore - Pore Cleansing Strips - Nose

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by Stephaniejeann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

These strips are not good for your skin especially the delicate skin on your face! These strips have given me broken capillaries and caused more trouble than they're worth. After some research I have found out the following... Most of the time the so called blackheads on your nose are sebaceous filaments which are not really blackheads at all. Your skin naturally produces sebum and sebum fills the pores that are large on your skin, and on most people the skin on the nose is very oily so these are more easily produced there. Sebaceous filaments are uniform whereas blackheads occur in isolation and usually have raised skin around it. The same process which forms sebaceous filaments forms blackheads, but unfortunately there is nothing you can do to make these filaments go away since they naturally occur. The only thing that can be done is covering them with makeup, and hopefully when your skin matures and stops producing so much sebum, the sebaceous filaments will go away too. This is the reason why when you use these pore strips you still end up with the "blackheads" on your nose. The only effective way to remove is a real blackhead is through extraction which should only be done by an esthetician as to not harm or scar your skin. No amount of cleansing or extraction through pore strips or otherwise will make sebaceous filaments go away. So do your skin a favor and stop using these strips!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by CollegeKid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've tried this product several times and it does nothing for my blackheads. I have stubborn black heads on my nose and this didn't fix the problem like I had hope for.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2013 8:25:00 AM More reviews by lucyschenk

I was so disappointed with this product. I thought tat this would be my answer to get rid of the blackheads on my nose. However, it did NOTHING for me. I've tried it several different times hoping for different results but it's always the same. Doesn't remove any blackheads or do anythings for my skin really.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by susieglass

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I will probably repurchase these, and they do work, but only in the sense that you can see gunk stuck to the strip afterwards. There's never any visible difference to my nose, and the blackheads that I was going after remain :(

There isn't really any competition on the market for blackhead removal, but if something else appears, I'll be right in there. In the meantime these aren't too expensive so I'll plod along hoping for a cumulative effect!

When I do use them, I use them after a warm bath. If I just do the old splashing warm water onto my snout, they're not effective at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Shampooaholic

Love these strips! I've used these once a month since they came out years ago. I have very bug pores on my nose and chin (thanks mom and dad) and my face looks dirty when my pores get clogged. Once a month I exfoliate then use these. My face looks and feels amazing! Will forever purchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Monzika

If you exfoliate the nose gently before using these they are far more effective. Don't use them as the sole way to get rid of blackheads because they can be expensive if used frequently. Use a good scrub to keep black heads away.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Bulabalabibi

I've been using these for years. I've tried other brands but Biore is definitely the most effective. Never bothered steaming my face first (too lazy!) but still works ok. I love the satisfaction of seeing the little blackhead things standing on the strip after I've pulled it off =P

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2013 1:35:00 AM More reviews by missjay3056

I've read many poor reviews for this product, and I must admit that the first time I used these strips I was very unimpressed with the amount of blackheads removed from my face, and I have many of them. In order to maximize your results, you MUST STEAM YOUR FACE!! I like taking a hot bath and immersing my face underwater for a few minutes, or try filling a large bowl with boiling water and (carefully!) position your face above the bowl with a towel wrapped around your head. The steam will open your pores and soften the blackheads, so when you apply the strips after this, you will be able to remove so much more! Works so much more efficient than just splashing your face with some warm water and sticking on the strips. Give it a try!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2013 4:20:00 AM More reviews by nyannyan3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This didn't really do much for my skin. I have little black head on my nose, so I bought this on a whim at the store. It did strip off the little tiny black heads I had there, but it didn't get the one that's been bugging me. :( I do like how it gets the little ones. And I get a satisfaction from seeing them on the strip. This product wasn't bad, I would use it again. But I only wish it could have been a little better on picking up the larger black heads.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by swatters

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't understand how so much gunk can come off on the strip, but it still looks like I have blackheads on my nose? Not fair. Anyway, this product might not change your life, but it's so satisfying to peel off the strip and see all the little comedone thingys sticking up all over the place. Yes, I will repurchase, because I like looking at the strip after I use it, just like you look at the Kleenex after blowing your nose. You can't help it!