October 24, 2014 | 1007 users online

Treatments (Face) - Biore - Pore Cleansing Strips - Nose

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by xtasteofimpact

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

For the life of me, I cannot get these to have any effect on my nose. I've prepped properly and even used Mario Budesco silver powder on my nose before (which drastically opens the pores), but still, nothing :(

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2013 3:36:00 AM More reviews by screamstyle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

it is soo good.. it works very well...among other ones it is the one works for me..

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by aznlau22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I really enjoy these strips but they can be a hit or a miss, depending how well you prep your skin. Yes, in order for these strips to be used at its full potential, you have to do couple things to your skin before you slap these things on. Otherwise, these things won't work as well or work at all. Below is a regimen I use to whenever I use these strips:
1. Exfoliate. You need to rid of the top layer of the skin so the strips can get in contact with the blackheads and clogged pores. Instead of using a scrub, I like to use an aspirin mask because it's effective as sloughing on the first layer of skin and it makes your face feel baby smooth! I leave the mask on for 20 mins. Brand doesn't matter but fyi, I use the CVS brand.
2. Steam your pores. This step is super important because you need to open your pores to loosen the blackheads/sebum. There a few ways to steam your face and the way I do it is placing a hot face cloth over my face. I run hot water in the sink, soak the cloth, and lay the face cloth over my face for a few seconds. After repeating this a couple times, I then just do this on my nose area for a few times because that's where I'll be putting the strip (duh lol).
3. Wet your nose. Pat water on your nose so it's damp but not dripping wet. I made a mistake once of putting too much water on my nose and the strip never hardened.

I just did all this before writing this post, and boy, am I satisfied! It's gross but satisfying to see all that gunk on the strip. It's summer so my skin is oily and literally all my pores on my nose are clogged.The strip helped rid of a TON of blackheads but not all, so don't exepct that the strip will unclog all your pores if you have a ton of blackheads/clogged pores. Nevertheless, Biore strips help me immensely.

Though these strips are known to be pricey, you should get them on ebay. Instead of paying $8+, I can get them for $6.50 on ebay.

Overall, I recommend these and would purchase again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by Stephaniejeann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

These strips are not good for your skin especially the delicate skin on your face! These strips have given me broken capillaries and caused more trouble than they're worth. After some research I have found out the following... Most of the time the so called blackheads on your nose are sebaceous filaments which are not really blackheads at all. Your skin naturally produces sebum and sebum fills the pores that are large on your skin, and on most people the skin on the nose is very oily so these are more easily produced there. Sebaceous filaments are uniform whereas blackheads occur in isolation and usually have raised skin around it. The same process which forms sebaceous filaments forms blackheads, but unfortunately there is nothing you can do to make these filaments go away since they naturally occur. The only thing that can be done is covering them with makeup, and hopefully when your skin matures and stops producing so much sebum, the sebaceous filaments will go away too. This is the reason why when you use these pore strips you still end up with the "blackheads" on your nose. The only effective way to remove is a real blackhead is through extraction which should only be done by an esthetician as to not harm or scar your skin. No amount of cleansing or extraction through pore strips or otherwise will make sebaceous filaments go away. So do your skin a favor and stop using these strips!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by CollegeKid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've tried this product several times and it does nothing for my blackheads. I have stubborn black heads on my nose and this didn't fix the problem like I had hope for.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2013 8:25:00 AM More reviews by lucyschenk

I was so disappointed with this product. I thought tat this would be my answer to get rid of the blackheads on my nose. However, it did NOTHING for me. I've tried it several different times hoping for different results but it's always the same. Doesn't remove any blackheads or do anythings for my skin really.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by susieglass

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I will probably repurchase these, and they do work, but only in the sense that you can see gunk stuck to the strip afterwards. There's never any visible difference to my nose, and the blackheads that I was going after remain :(

There isn't really any competition on the market for blackhead removal, but if something else appears, I'll be right in there. In the meantime these aren't too expensive so I'll plod along hoping for a cumulative effect!

When I do use them, I use them after a warm bath. If I just do the old splashing warm water onto my snout, they're not effective at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Shampooaholic

Love these strips! I've used these once a month since they came out years ago. I have very bug pores on my nose and chin (thanks mom and dad) and my face looks dirty when my pores get clogged. Once a month I exfoliate then use these. My face looks and feels amazing! Will forever purchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Monzika

If you exfoliate the nose gently before using these they are far more effective. Don't use them as the sole way to get rid of blackheads because they can be expensive if used frequently. Use a good scrub to keep black heads away.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Bulabalabibi

I've been using these for years. I've tried other brands but Biore is definitely the most effective. Never bothered steaming my face first (too lazy!) but still works ok. I love the satisfaction of seeing the little blackhead things standing on the strip after I've pulled it off =P