December 18, 2014 | 1127 users online

Skincare - Face - Dickinson's Witch Hazel

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2013 2:14:00 AM More reviews by Maria12977

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I actually have used the one from Target, it's way cheaper, $1.97 (16 FL OZ.)! Basically, it does work but it seriously purges your skin if it has tons of clogged pores like from heavy makeup over the years. My skin just broke out in tiny bumps along temples and jawline at first and then they grew to horrible and painful bumps. At first I thought I was allergic to it but turns out this is what is supposed to happen. Problem is that while I applied it morning and night, it felt nice on the skin, the smell does not bother me at all, probably due to the fact that I'm so used to disinfecting breakouts with alcohol and that really stinks! So while the hazel did not irritate my skin as I applied it, the reaction of my skin to it was too much to handle and my family was not too pleased with the results (my mom even said to me in disgust, "I don't even recognize your face anymore", so after 1 month and a half and 1 used-up bottle, I stopped. However, on the last night I began to notice an area of my skin, probably 2 inch square, completely clear, pore-less, and no more of my usual tiny bumps. This is when I realized that witch hazel does work, but the time it takes to clear the skin varies for everybody depending on the severity of clogged pores one has. For the time being I have switched to baking soda and water mask, and that works without the embarrassing and painful purging, but I need to be careful not to over do it to avoid possible irritation to my skin. So when I do have the time at least after my internship, I will return to witch hazel, which will help to finally clear my skin completely and continue to use it to prevent new breakouts from forming (then I'll give this product all 5 lippies)! Good Luck! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by cah123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this for a week or two and at first I thought it was too gentle to have much effect on my spots. But after a couple of days, even my stubborn acne was starting to heal. I have found that I now rarely get a new spot and if I do its as a result of now removing makeup or something. I read lots of reviews before I bought it and saw that a lot of people only use this and with good results. However, I think for most people, especially those with severe acne, this would need to used as part of a 3 step routine in order to take effect. I use after cleansing with cetaphil on a morning (also a new product as I'm trying to get rid of perfumed and chemical filled face washes) and apply a small amount of jojoba oil after to moisturise. At night I use Ultrabland from lush to remove makeup then tone and moisturise as I do on a morning. It's simple and effective, I love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by Cilla2121

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing! It drys out the pimples and leaves your face without shine which is great. You just put this on a cotton ball after you wash your face, or put it in a spray bottle and spritz throughout the day and before applying make up! This stuff is unbelievable and for the price? It doesn't get any better. Not to mention it's 100% natural which I love. Guys please try this you don't understand how great it is.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 5:39:00 AM More reviews by bbybreanna

was is this really supposed to do? i apply after my cleanser, and before moisturizer and/or benzoyl peroxide treatment. yes ill admit i do feel a tad bit cleaner afterwards, but it hasnt cleared up any acne or reduce surface redness. it has a weird smell, difficult to describe. i have a big bottle from cosco and i dont think ill repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This works great to reduce redness in the face and cleanse the skin. I put this in a spray bottle and mist other areas of my body that can sometimes break out. It has helped with minor breakouts tremendously and also helps to heal the occasional hormonal cystic acne I get on my jawline and chin.

I also find it works great after shaving, misted on the skin regularly, it prevents ingrown hairs and bumps.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by karaduquette

This is an actual lifesaver. Ever since I started using it my skin has cleared up so much, its unbelievable. I used to break out quite often, now I just don't. Since its summer my skin is oily and this helps control that too, if you're contemplating getting this, do it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2013 7:23:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

Okay firstly this may do a good job.. But it STINKS and it feels so rough on delicate face skin yuk

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Izthemermaid

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great product. I have very very oily skin and recently had a nasty breakout due to hormonal issues [but I have mild acne to begin with] and after just a couple of uses this is clearing up my breakout and making my skin so soft and feels refreshed and clean. I highly recommend this product if you have acne, and want a nice natural way to clear it FAST. Go buy this!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by AidaE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Out of all the toners I've tried this one has giving me great results without overly drying, or irritating my eczema prone skin. I tend to get occasional acne around my jawline and chin. Just swabbing a squirt of this on those area's solves the problem in a day or two. Many of times I don't even have to apply any other form of acne medication. I have even used this in the morning to cleanse my face without soap. It's super refreshing and has a slight cooling sensation when applied. It comes in such a large bottle that it has literally lasted me over a year, and for around $2-$3 for a natural product, it's a steal. I really don't have anything negative to say about it. It's just that great!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by csample

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I mix this with water, lemon juice, and a small amount of grapeseed or sunflower oil to use as a toner. It works great! I have had issues with acne for years and most recently a LOT of redness. It has been so bad that it looked like I had a sunburn all winter. I used to use so many products with chemicals to try and get rid of acne that I'm pretty sure I ruined my skin and now it has to heal. I use Burt's bees intense hydration or sensitive cleanser, this toner, and a natural based moisturizer such as desert essence that is oil and plant based. If I wear a full face of makeup I will even precleanse with OCM and then continue with my cleanser. I see improvement in my skin everyday, it is finally healing and the redness is fading. I can use this full strength as well and haven't had any problems. Any zits that do pop up with this routine go away in a day or two. I recommend this!