December 18, 2014 | 1709 users online

Hair Treatments - Joico - K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 1:15:00 PM More reviews by lissmorleyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great product for dry/split hair. I use all the K-Pak products at the salon I work at and its a miracle worker. Very expensive but worth it x

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by sudali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I love this stuff!!! Love that's it's PH balanced & smells so good too =) My mom has her cosmetology license so I actually get this super-discounted which is nice cuz I deep condition with it once a week & I majorly saturate my hair =) I use a plastic cap & go under my bonnet for 20-30 minutes (you can buy a bonnet @ Sally's, I got mine @ a beauty supply store for $35). Definitely see a much more dramatic difference when I use the heat! Joico also makes an intensive moisturizer that I mix with the K-pak. This is a definite must have, I haven't gone without in the last 10 years.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 1:57:00 AM More reviews by StarLuXe

I have processed platinum blonde hair that's been through the ringer and it had started to show bad signs of damage, and it seemed like everything I tried didn't make it feel or look any less dry...talk about a bummer! Anyways, a friend's cousin, who owns her own salon, recommended this to me. I went to Ulta and purchased the 5 dollar travel-sized version just in case I didn't like it. I washed my hair, ringed out the water and put this on, wrapped my hair in a bun and blasted the blow dryer on it for about a minute. Wrapped my head in a scarf and went about doing other things. 30 mins later I washed this stuff out and WOW, even as I was washing it out (with cold water) my hair felt different. Put on a deep conditioner and finished up. Usually when I blow dry my hair, I look like I stuck my finger in an electrical socket...but not this time. My hair had almost no frizz and it was straighter than usual, not to mention super soft. I use this when I wash my hair, which is once a week. Let me say this, it has changed my hair. This is another staple added to my beauty routine. Def. worth every penny. Your hair CAN get a little dingy, but nothing dry shampoo can't fix ;)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by armaclin041584

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have 3c/4a curly-kinky hair. I spent over $20 bucks(8oz) on this and my hair did not respond to this product.

So would I say this product is horrible....No, because my hair didn't feel any different (not better or worse) and I used it once a week until the conditioner was gone. Just an FYI, I had the same results when I used Sally's GVP version.

My hair LOVES Ion Reconstructor and Aubrey Organics GPB.
Both brands cost less and actually work!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2011 2:57:00 PM More reviews by buhagiarmalina67

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is the most important deep conditioner in my hair regimen, and trust me...i have alot! So anyways it smells so good, like freshly chopped up bananas with a hint of coconut! This stuff has a really weired texture once u get to the bottom but i dont mind. Its very thick and it makes my hair so so soft! when i first used this product thats what saved my hair! It made my hair a lot softer and not as much hair fell out of my scalp, and my ends were alot softer! After this was gone, i immediatly went to go by another one! This stuff costs around 15, 16 dollars but i would spend alot more on this! Everything is great about this product! this didint let me down at all! I would recomend this to anybody no matter what!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2011 7:32:00 PM More reviews by emmio10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a quality protein treatment which I have been using for the last 4 months, and it has done wonders for my chemically processed hair. I usually only used the reconstructor once or twice a month as my hair was not too damaged. Remember an overload of protein for hair will have the reverse effect expected. So those with hair in fairly good condition really do not need to do this treatment more than once a month to maintain your hair's health. I also think the reconstructor has contributed to my hair growing quite quickly and thickly in the last few months which never happens.

My routine with the K-Pak Reconstructor is:
1. Wash hair with a clarifying shampoo, I use the Joico K-Pak Chelating Shampoo.
2. Then I gently squeeze out all the excess water before applying the reconstructor. I apply more generously towards my ends and tend to lay off the top of my head as I find that it does make my roots greasy. Leave on for 5-10 mins with a shower cap on, trust me, that is long enough. Rinse. Squeeze out excess water.
3. Next I apply a deep moisturising masque, I usually use the Joico Intense Hydrator. It is vital that the reconstructor is followed up with some sort of moisturising conditioner because its purpose is not to deeply hydrate your hair but to make it stronger and 'reconstruct'. Do not use the reconstructor as a daily conditioner or on its own. Even my hair stylist told me it must be followed up with a moisturising conditioner/masque, otherwise hair will feel dry and knotty. I usually keep my masque on for an hour or more.

This routine has totally transformed the condition of my hair for the better. It felt stronger, healthier and so soft, UNTIL I stupidly got highlights done on my naturally dark hair by the most rubbish hair colourist ever! The bleach completely destroyed my hair and it was left dry, extremely damaged, brittle and felt like straw. Its the worst condition I have ever seen my hair in which made me so upset. I waited three days for my colour to settle before I did the k-pak reconstructor routine, except I used a gentler shampoo instead, as a clarifying shampoo would have been too harsh on my weak hair. And WOW! just after one use, my hair feels SO much stronger and softer already. Its unbelievable! I now really appreciate this product and have really put it to the ultimate test. I will continue to use it once every week for a month to reverse the damage that has been done.

I have never tried any other protein treatments but this one is truly amazing, and really good value too so I'll be repurchasing. I purchased mine for around 10 online, and I love the fact that it is in a squeezy tube instead of a tub for hygiene reasons. I also recommend doing this routine a few days before having any colouring/highlighting/bleach done in order to prepare your hair, to ensure it is in good condition and to add extra protein as bleaching will strip your hair of protein. And keep it stored in a cool, dry place and away from your shower.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by esissan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has become a staple product in my hair regimen. I have fine hair and I use it once a week. It really strengthens and restores my hair. My curls become bouncy again, too. I always follow this with Joico's Moisture Recovery Balm. A winning combo.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by hawaiian_tropic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My hair has improved SOOO much once I put myself on a regimen of protein treatments and deep conditioners on a REGULAR basis. I have long heavily highlighted hair and although I have always taken good care of my hair, the processing eventually causes some breakage etc. I use this every 10-14 days and follow up with deep conditioner. I noticed my hair is much more manageable,feels healthier to the touch,and most important the regrowth on the parts with breakage is very impressive! My hairdresser even commented on my hair the last 2 times asking what have I been doing and she stated my hair was taking the bleach so well...anyway.....DEFINITELY recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 2:50:00 AM More reviews by hnrenfro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I find with this product i need to shake it up really good each time before i use it, its a product for dry damaged fine hair mostly for girls who bleach or dye there hair, it smells good how ever i dont dye my hair so i MUCH perfure the Kpac Hydrator<3 thats my favorite but this one is good too its more expensive tho but works great so it evens out

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2011 1:41:00 AM More reviews by justilou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I keep coming back to this product. Have been for years. It's expensive, but it WORKS!
My hair is more like cat hair than human. It's that fine. I have fried it many, many times.
The trick with this is knowing how to use it to get the best results.
1) Shampoo
2) Towel-dry
3) Apply Treatment
4) Shower cap
5) Back under shower with cap on to cook up some extra heat
6) Rinse VERY well
7) Apply a light hydrating/moisturising conditioner
8) Style your new soft, strong hair

I use it twice a week and notice results pretty quickly. The longer I stick to this programme, the better my hair is. Stronger than pre-fry days.