BeneFit Cosmetics Lemon Aid

3.2

titanium dioxide(CI77891) Ozokerite, talc, neopenyl glycol dicaprylate, tidecyl trimellite, lanolin oil,PPG-2 myrystyl ether propionate, kaolin, iron oxides, fragrance, butylparaben, citronellol, BHA, hexyl cinnamal, alpha-isomethyl ionone, benzyl benzoate.

on 8/18/2011 7:05:00 PM

I got a sample of this in the Confessions of a Concealaholic kit. I had heard very good things about it. Unfortunately I don't think it's that great. It does make your eyes brighter but goes on very thick and it's difficult to rub in. It also shows through any shadows that aren't neutral. The day that I got it I wore it under some purple eye shadow and it turned it a weird color. Then the next day I wore it under neutral shadows and it was ok but I can't see spending all that money on the full size one if you can only wear it under certain color shadows. I doubt I will buy this again

on 8/14/2011 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think the reason so many people dont like this is because you are trying to use it as an eyeshadow primer which it isnt, its supposed to be used to cover up blue/purple veins on the lids, hence why it's yellow. You only need a small amount, warm it up a little on your fingers and then proceed to use. I think it works fantastically at hiding those pesky purple/blue veins on the eyelids, i then put powder eyeshadow ontop and i have no problem with creasing, however i guess all eyelids are different so some may experience a bit of creasing. The only thing i dont like about this is the packaging, i dropped mine and the lid fell off and wont stay on now which is annoying but id be sure to buy it again especially if they changed the packaging. (:

on 8/14/2011 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is an awful eyelid primer. It creases like nothing else I have ever seen! BUT it is great as a redness counteracting concealer! It works really well just dabbed on using a fine eyeliner brush and then set with powder. It also works to counteract red patches such as cheeks or breakout areas if I mix it with a primer and then apply foundation over it. I use this daily.

on 8/14/2011 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I use this on my eyelids to cover the small purple veins. I have super fair skin and this stuff works well. I apply with my Bare minerals max concealer brush and blend. I use it when I don't plan on wearing any eyeshadow.

on 8/14/2011 3:12:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I got this product a few months ago in the confessions of a concealaholic kit. The only way I can use this product is if I mix it with either another concealer or another color corrector. On its own it just did not work for me at all. I used it on blemishes and it slid off in minutes...I used it as an eye primer with the same effect...and as an under eye concealer. With a slight tan the light yellow color was way too light to use anywhere on my face except as an eye brightener but it was way too transparent for that..It might work for people that are more fair or with different skin tones. I have fair skin in the winter but will not review this again because of the transparency and melt factors it has. I don't think anyone with major dark circles would be able to get this to cover them no matter what skintone. After an hour it creases and slides all over my face especially in the heat...it would just melt literally in front of my eyes! Even if I could get this to stay put on my face the color correcting yellow seemed to fade after a while and not seem to color correct as it did before but that could have been due to it disappearing in general. Overall, I will not be purchasing this product on it's own. I will try to use up what I have mixing it with different concealers and correctors until I find a better yellow color corrector. I use UDPP as my main eye primer and I'm sticking with that.

on 7/23/2011 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

On the concealing side, this does what it says. It really brightened up by eyes but I don't think I would recommend it for anyone with oily lids because it creased like crazy on me no matter how lightly I applied it. Although powder over it makes it last considerably longer.
The packaging is really cute and it it's so compact you can throw it in your purse. If it's left in a really warm area, it can get a little greasy feeling but too cold and it feels almost waxy.
I bought this mainly to test as a primer but I think it's not any better than a regular (cheaper) concealer. Though I do like it for it's colour correction.
Would I repurchase? No.

on 7/16/2011 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This product definitely does what it's supposed to - used lightly around the top and bottom of my eyes, it makes them appear much brighter and really reduces the appearance of redness and dark circles. I look so much more awake and fresh when I'm wearing this, so sometimes I just use it on its own when I can't be bothered with a full face of make up. However, it creases like mad so it really can't be caked on, although find that a generous sweep of powder over the top sorts this out, so it's not a massive problem. I do really love the compact - it's very handbag friendly, has a nice mirror in it and always snaps shut with a satisfying click! It is expensive, but it lasts for quite a while even though the compact is small.. there seems to be a decent amount of product and you don't need to use a lot of it. I don't notice a difference in my other make up that I put on top of it, it just creates a really good base and freshens up my look.

on 7/3/2011 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

benefit says lemon aid is a color correcting eyelid primer.
The website goes on to say:
"Our soft, lemon yellow cream helps to hide redness and discoloration on your eyelids. In a snap, eyes look refreshed, frisky, and ready for fun."
"what else you need to know - Can be worn with or without eye makeup."

I was just getting back into wearing makeup and this was recommended to me by a benefit SA and gullibly i bought it. On first application on my eyelids it made my eyes look brighter. But it didn't take long before it slid into my creases. A later attempt to put eye makeup over it just made a smeary mess.

lemonaid certainly didn't work as a primer, and it was only good at hiding discoloration for a rather brief time before it slid around on my lids. All in all, this product is great for about 15 minutes, but beyond that it is an utter failure, a complete waste of money.

on 7/3/2011 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

The benefit package says:
"lemon aid - color correcting eyelid primer"
This just might be the reason some people think it is an eyelid primer.
The website goes on to say:
"what else you need to know - Can be worn with or without eye makeup."

lemonaid certainly didn't work as a primer -- which it is called both on benefit's website and on the product package -- and it was only good at hiding discoloration for a rather brief time before it slid around on my lids. All in all, this product is great for about 15 minutes, but beyond that it is an utter failure. It is a complete waste of money.

on 6/30/2011 6:56:00 PM

I was disappointed with this product. The actual coverage of the concealer was great, but it creases almost immediately on my lids. The packaging completely fell apart. The compact broke in half, the top part with the mirror no longer fits together anymore. I got it cheap, thank God I surfed eBay before paying the full whopping price for it. Not worth the purchase, will definitely not be repurchasing.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products