July 29, 2014 | 1543 users online

Body Scrubs - Clinique - Sparkle Skin Body Exfoliating *Cream*

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2003 1:55:00 AM More reviews by calyx_girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using Clinique products for a number of years now, and was really happy with their quality/effectiveness.
Sadly this was not the case with their Sparkle Skin body scrub. I bought this scrub along with a Clinique lip palette during a Christmas promotion last year. The lip palette was fantastic, the scub, regrettably, was dissapointing. 'Sparkle Skin' has a lovely minty fragrance, and the packaging was clean - and thankfully unbreakable so I could store it in my shower caddy.
I used this product for around three months and it didn't really seem to do much to help the condition of my skin. I didn't really notice any improvement or difference after using it over the three months. And the price - AUD$37.00 - was really that much too pricey to consider purchasing again, even if it had been a raging success.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2003 8:54:00 AM More reviews by candacej

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty nice sloughing gel - I like the minty scent and it's gritty enough without being abrasive. My other fave is Aveda's Smoothing Body Polish.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2003 12:58:00 PM More reviews by selina1

This is great stuff. I hated the oily scrubs which takes forever to rinse off. with this I can take it anywhere esp. to the gym. It also works great for bf. I'd repurchase again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2003 8:04:00 PM More reviews by canipej

I absolutely love the way this smells, and it does a good job exfoliating my skin. But the price is outrageous-$17 USD. I won't be buying it again for that price. It's not that special except for the fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2003 11:39:00 PM More reviews by jg0427

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I generally prefer scrubs with a lot of oils in them (no oil whatsoever in this), but this is a nice *strong* scrub (just the way I like it). I wouldn't use this to treat or pamper myself. Rather, I leave it in my locker at the gym and it is wonderful after a long, hard, sweaty workout. It makes me feel really clean and the scent is clean and sharp - perfect to keep my post-workout high as it is quite energizing. This is also a product I keep by the sink of our mud room - perfect for getting my hands really clean after gardening, and my huband washes his hands with it too after he's been working in the yard. Will definately repurchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2003 7:07:00 PM More reviews by peached_1010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really love this stuff. I have found other brands of exfoliant really gritty, but this one I found to be a little finer. I love the smell and the huge tub that it comes in. I have noticed a large improvement on my elbows, knees and feet since I've been using it. I have also started using it on my legs and bikini area and I haven't had as many ingrown hairs since. I love this stuff!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2002 6:03:00 PM More reviews by marin79

I really like this exfoliator.
Cons:It is in a stand-up tube that sometimes does that rush out at you when you open it thing. It also gets a little gunky around the opening and has to be cleaned up to close tightly. It doesn't moisturize or dry skin, so no points on or off there.
Pros: smells great- minty and a bit of citrus, grapefruit I think.
The texture is gel with roughies in it. I think it feels a lot like baking soda, very subtle, but effective. It's great as wake up tool. (I like it with John Frieda's Cool Dip Shampoo.)
It is around $17US, but Clinique always has Bonus Time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2002 8:11:00 PM More reviews by AliceinWonderland

I love how it comes in a big tub. It lasts forever that way. Smells minty too. Its a little too gritty for all parts of my body cause I am sensitive to so much, but I love the way this works.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2002 12:35:00 AM More reviews by mtvsux

This is the newer one in the jar/tub (8.5 oz). I bought it @ BG's so lucky me it was only $9!!! It does not have the same scent as the one in the tube, the smell is awful. The funny part is that it says 100% fragrance free. Well in this case, they should. Which is really too bad because it has a WONDERFUL texture. One of the best I have ever felt. Nice and gritty but fine. And the exfoliant is at one w/ the cream product. It does not foam. I'm not sure if i'm supposed to lather up afterwards, but it's cool. Apparently in a shower. I wish it had a different scent, it almost makes me sick. But sometimes i use it anyway b/c the texture is so good

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2002 7:15:00 PM More reviews by MegE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this body exfoliater, as it makes my skin feel fresh, yet not stripped. The texture is perfect-- not too gritty, and goes on evenly. Yet, just gritty enough to do the job well. It has a hard to place smell-- slightly minty maybe. I don't really love the scent, so I'm not sure I'll be buying a full-size of this. Although, I do love the texture and how smooth it makes my skin feel!