MAC Fix+

4.1

Water, glycerin, butylene glycol, Cucumis Sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf extract, tocopheryl acetate, caffeine, panthenol, arginine, ethylhexylglycerin, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, Ppg-26-Buteth-26, fragrance, disodium Edta, dehydroacetic acid, phenoxyethanol, benzoic acid.

on 4/20/2014 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this this is like every girls multipurpose make up product can me used before make up and after make up it gives ur skin a few glow look if make up is caked on and powdery ! Defines make up to I find also can use on brushes for deeper pigments and during the day this is a make up fan essential product x

on 4/14/2014 12:45:00 AM

LOVE LOVE LOVE! This product is great for refreshing your skin at any and all times of the day. I use it to freshen up after getting off a flight, setting my makeup, and priming my face for my moisturizer. It'll cost you roughly ~$30 in Canada and it lasts quiet awhile... depending on how often you use it. I l especially love using it after I have cleansed my face. The Fix+ helps my skin absorb the moisturizer better IMO.

on 4/11/2014 2:36:00 PM

I am in love love love with this stuff! I only write reviews if I feel compelled to do so, and I only feel compelled when I really love, or really dislike a product. This is one of my favorite products of all times. It makes your makeup stay put for one, but it does so without breaking out sensitive skin (like mine), and it gives you a dewy (but not greasy) glow. It is my favorite product in my arsenal.

on 4/7/2014 1:00:00 PM

I am a huge fan of UD Chill spray but I wanted to try this with my shimmery shadows and pigments because I've seen my You tube guru's use and rave about this product. I purchased the $10 travel size and I will say when it's gone I'm going back for the full size. I may also use this as a during the day pick me up for my makeup however it pops shimmery shadows and pigments and they stay put!!! The smell is very subtle and it does not sting or make my horrible allergy eyes go bonkers. If you are going to use this with your shimmer shawdows or pigments do not spray on them use a metal petri dish and scrape or tap your product on the dish and blend the fix in. It will ruin your shadow if you add it directly. I do find I need to use my clinque cream eye makeup remover to get the fix+ shawdows off because this product makes them stick. Little extra work totally worth it.

$21 for 3.4 oz

Bought into the hype on this one too. I spray my face with this after all my face powdering, but before I do my eyes. At first the droplets where they land on my face are obvious, but this seems to go away. I don't see that 'airbrush' effect some ppl talk about. Maybe I see the 'if you've over-powdered, this will bring your skin back to looking more skin-like'. Maybe I'm willing myself to see that. Lasts a long time. I think I use this more as a 'why not'. It certainly isn't an essential for me. I will continue to use and repurchase. Guess because I don't want to miss out. haha

EDIT: after watching MacDaddy on youtube and seeing how he drenches his face w this - and the results, I now use 3 full sprays over my face whereas before I would do 3 little partial squirts. I am really enjoying this product now. I do feel like it melts everything together, giving it a WAY more natural effect, allowing the makeup to become part of your face rather than appear like layers of powder sitting on top. I would never waste this product by spraying onto a makeup brush like I see ppl doing. Why not just mix a glycerin mixing medium to use for that purpose? Cheaper and does not waste.

I can't compare to other setting sprays, but have heard good things about NYX's and would probably get around to trying that someday.

I happen to make a stop into a MAC store and needed to get other products but one of the makeup artists noticed how my face was drying out in some parts of my face so she had me remove all of my makeup. She first applied the moisture cream...love... my face instantly became supple, smooth and quenched! After the moisturizer set into my face, she misted me with Fix + and after it dried, she applied makeup, and misted me one more time with Fix+. I asked her why she used the Fix+ before applying the make up, she said she likes to do that because it gives a smoother, sealed in base to work with. Ever since then I have been doing the same and I cannot tell you enough how much better my makeup looks and how much more vibrant my face is. The scent is also a plus!

on 3/28/2014 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Decent stuff! I use this to freshen up and give a little moisture to my face in the afternoon. I wouldn't know if it really fixes makeup, I don't wear that much to begin with :). Smells a bit odd, indeed a bit like (very weak) cocaine as mentioned by another reviewer. The Microdelivery face wash from Philosophy smells the same way btw.

on 3/28/2014 5:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I picked this up after my wedding as my make up atrist used it on me for my wedding day. Initially i was not really impressed with it but i have been using it a lot lately to get rid of the cakey foundation look that i have been having since my skin has become a little drier.

It is a brilliant multi tasking spray in my opinion. It definitely hydrates the skin but does not make it greasy or heavy. I wouldn't use this on light make up days as then i'd probably get through a bottle too often! But i would say this is lovely to have if you get a bit heavy handed with foundation/powder as it sorts this out quickly!! It is perfect for setting your make up too and defnitely helps it last that bit longer - worth it for special occasions when you have spent about an hour + doing your make up and want it to last!!! :-)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm giving this a good rating because I like it for the most part but I think this is more of a "hydration" spray than a setting spray. I don't find it makes my makeup last longer but I do love that it get's rid of a powder finish and can be used to un-cake a foundation finish. But with that said, there are other cheaper alternatives that give more product and do the same job and those will be the ones I will buy in the future.

on 3/15/2014 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

After reading rave reviews about the Fix+, I decided to purchase. I am disappointed to learn since purchasing, that this is not a fixing spray, more of a skin refresher to use before or after makeup. It does take away that powdered look, and is brilliant for foiling eyeshadows and pigment, however it did break me out with pimples on the forehead. Not a good look.

Popular Face Skincare Products