April 19, 2014 | 1731 users online

Skincare - Face - MAC - Fix+

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

I am kind of obsessed with this product right now.
The funny thing is my skin is quite oily in the summer (I am oily combination) but this product does not make me look greesy. I can see why USUALLY people with oily skin should not use this because it creates a dewy effect.
I think everything should be done in moderation, so if you are a person with drier skin then sure keep spraying this all over the face as much as needed. For a person with oily skin or combo skin I suggest only spray this once your face IF NEEDED.
I personally do not like primers because I feel like they just create an additional layer on the skin and make my face look greesy no matter what (even the oil controling ones). I also do not enjoy a complete matte face because it honestly does not look flattering on anyone (sorry).
The reason I like this product so much is because I can moisturize or mattify my face before applying a foundation and then once the foundation is on, if I see my skin looking a bit dihydrated then I spray this product on my face and it makes it look FLAWLESS.
I also spray it over all of my powder foundations to take away the cakiness and chalky feel.
I think it works much better than UD setting spray, but try a few and see what you think of this one.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

I cannot say for sure what this product does, so probably it can be left out from your make up routine. I use this product if applying powder foundations or when applied too much setting powder. What Fix+ does is it takes away the took much powdered look, brings back a natural look.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2013 12:13:00 AM More reviews by yas17

not quite sure how i feel about this one. it kind of makes my skin look cakey, but other times it leaves it with a nice matte effect. i think my makeup stays on a bit longer with his application but it could all just be a trick to the mind. next time i'm going to try the urban decay one, but if that turns out horrible maybe i'll come back to this.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by thedaydreamer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product makes your skin look amazing after foundation because it takes away all of the cakeiness left after powdering. I didn't keep my makeup on for that long (but longer than if i didn't use it) but it made my skin look so dewy and fresh. I loved it, but after about 2 days it broke me out :( so i can't use it anymore. If you have skin that doesn't break out easily though, i would definitely recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 9:20:00 AM More reviews by Dulcelissa

Obsessed! That is the word that I have for this product. I purchased this a while ago and it has become a staple to my makeup routine. I use it before I apply makeup to freshen my face and make it look more awake, it helps my primer and foundation apply easier to my skin. I also use it after I have applied all my makeup to give me a dewy effect, which is my go to look at the moment. I also use it on my brushes before I apply eyeshadows or loose pigments, it makes the shadows so vibrant and really brings out its true colour. The price is great for me, as I live in Australia and cosmetics are quite expensive, I was surprised by the price. I will be purchasing this again and be experimenting and trying new ways to use it. For more beauty and fashion advice go to dulcelissa.com

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by louiseannette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a fantastic multi-use product! I spray it on my face before applying makeup, I mix my long wear foundations (Revlon Colorstay, Estee Lauder Double Wear) with it to make it easier to blend and I use it to set my makeup. I've read that it can be put in the fridge and used as a cooling spray, the weather isn't warm enough here in the UK for that yet, but I can't wait to find yet another use my fix+! Although it is by no means cheap, it is one of those products that if you get along with it, like the smell and find many uses for it, you'll find its well worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by baddieb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the mac fix! Cant do my makeup without it..
it refreshes my face and makes my makeup look flawless

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by suanle23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been looking for a makeup setting spray that made me look dewey, and didn't suck up all the oil. Besides having a fantastic fragrace, it is intensly hydrating.
I sprayed this on my beauty blender and applied foundation, and then sprayed my face twice after everything was applied. You do not need to keep re-applying this, it sets makeup beautifully and I really feel like I have a nice springtime glow.
The price is "ok", but I am a MAC pro, so i got a 40% discount on this.
I will def. purchase again. As a professional MUA, I will use this on clients that have drier skin, but still want their makeup to set.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 9:25:00 AM More reviews by BeautyMarie

I wanted to try this product for a while so I was really excited when I got it. I have a pretty oily t zone but find that I look really cakey even with a light coat of powder. I use this after I finish my makeup and can feel my skin hydrating immediately. When I look in the mirror I can see that dewy, healthy glow on my skin. As the time passes I can see a little bit of oiliness in my t zone but nothing that a blotting rice paper can't fix. Overall I really really like it and I'm pleased with the results but not that much with the price. For all the people that think that it's the same as using water, its not. You can feel the difference once its in your face. I am probably going to try another setting spray but will also repurchase this as a back up in case the other one doesn't work out.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Alexandralouisemoore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I haved mixed feelings about Fix + by mac. On one hand it has a really nice scent that isn't overpowering and makes your skin feel fresh, however I don't think it did a very good job of setting my makeup. I also tried using it on my brush when applying eyeshadow but I don't think it made more of a difference then using water would have. It is the first setting spray I have used so until I try others I can't compare it's quality! Who knows maybe it could be the best around!