September 30, 2014 | 1923 users online

Makeup Brushes - The Body Shop - Foundation brush

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2005 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Monsizzia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's not badger's hair, so if you need a high quality brush, go to Bobbi Brown, not The Body Shop !!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2005 3:25:00 AM More reviews by BellaDiva

This is the first foundation brush I've ever used. It gives a good finish, although I've found you have to be careful with it around the eyes. Too much on the brush will leave under-eye wrinkles looking very obvious! I'm used to using my fingers to apply foundation and I still think fingers are easier. But I'd probably use the brush for special occasions when I want a heavier and ultra smooth finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2004 3:48:00 AM More reviews by dkwilawan

I bought this because of its synthetic fiber. It's easy to clean and dry. So hygienic.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2004 10:10:00 PM More reviews by aelgif

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a good basic, synthetic foundation brush which is useful for applying liquid foundations. Being synthetic it is hygienic, and dries quickly when washed over night.
After a few practice goes, you'll like this brush for the price :-) Cost me about $23 AUD.
Only reason why I wouldn't repurchase is I prefer the shorter and stiffer bristles of Giorgio Armani's sable blender brush as I find it gives more control. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2004 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Mia88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I dunno if it's because I was new to the whole foundation brush concept and didn't clean it very well at first (left the brush upright after washing), and now the bristles are a bit splayed. Or perhaps it reacted to the foundation I used? (Napoleon Minimal makeup). I'm still not sure, but it still does the trick and hasn't shed ANY hair. I wanted to get this cheaper brush to see if it functions just the same as the expensive MAC/Napoleon foundation brushes, and I haven't had much problem with it, except that it's lost a bit of it's "bounce". When this brush totally wears out (I've had it for 7 months now), I'l try the MAC foundation brush to compare, so wn't be repurchasing this in the mean time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2004 4:47:00 AM More reviews by Chocomog

This is the first foundation brush i've ever tried, as the assistants that have applied foundation on me using a brush on me before have put me right off, the way they slathered it on you'd think they were painting a wall! Anyway, back to the brush. I've read so many good things about the MAC foundation brush, I just couldn't justify the price so I went for the Body Shop one instead. I tried it out for the first time this morning and wow! the finish was amazing. I use it with perscriptives custom blend foundation and it works a treat, the key is to only use a small bit on the end of the brush. My foundation looks far more even and natural, and as others have said now i've seen what a brush can do I will never use my fingers again! (I did notice some people had commented it was too soft, but I personally didn't find that a problem - it blended unbelievably well :) )

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2004 5:34:00 PM More reviews by carolyn8756

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this brush, but the bristles are a bit too flexible. I don't have a MAC store near me, so I bought this brush instead. It wasn't too expensive (forget how much) but I like that the handle is flat on the bottom so it can stand up.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2004 7:44:00 AM More reviews by jinglebells_anna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this brush, although in england it costs 10 which is quite a lot for me to spend on a simple brush, but i think its worth it.
I think it depends on what foundation you use as to whether you'll love this brush or not.
I use body shop foundation which works well with this brush and gives me a flawless look and people have commented on my skin since using this brush-even though I have been using the same make up for ages!
I did however try it with other foundations but it didnt work as well and left me streaky or uneven.
It would probably be better if this brush was a bit firmer.
Overall, a good tool and its so much quicker and less messier to apply foundation now! Plus I use up a lot less foundation than with a sponge. recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2003 10:35:00 PM More reviews by maryam

This brush is a great entry level foundation brush that one should buy in order to see if you're really actually going to use it or if you're just giving into an impulse. the price is great, $19.99 cdn, and the head is nicely shaped with synthetic bristles. however, i find that this does not work well with some foundations, specifically silicone based ones like CSN as the brush does not apply the fdtn evenly and you cannot wash the foundation off the brush--the 'cones coat the hairs and the fdtn never comes out! also, with some of my water based faoundations the finish is too heavy and sometimes streaky. i have also observed that not all of the heads on the foundation brushes are the same--some are too pointy and the hairs seem splayed on a lot of them so i guess it's just upto luck on whether you get a good one or not.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2003 10:10:00 AM More reviews by chaki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree w/ the last reviewer. The bristles are not firm enough to apply the foundation, leaving streaks all over your face. I should've spent the extra couple dollars for the MAC brush! This is going back to TBS.