July 29, 2014 | 2083 users online

Foundations - The Body Shop - All-In-One Face Base

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2010 9:59:00 PM More reviews by chowchow2005

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG now. This is my 3rd time rebuying. I love how natural the 002 shade looks on me. I put this on top of my moisturizer. After putting this powder on, I top it with some powdered blush. That's it for my daily makeup. I retouch in the middle of the day and I don't mind doing this. It's a powder and it's so easy to do touch ups. I'll be using this forever. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2010 7:50:00 PM More reviews by pasta

Update: Still loving this and have repurchased.
Love this foundation and I've used many, over the years.
Number three is the perfect shade for my neutral-to-pink toned skin (lighter than MAC NW15, YSL Teint Resist #4, MUFE HD 117). I use a brush and this goes on light and is easily buildable for a lovely finish. It stays pretty matte and keeps oilies at bay. I usually touch up once a day with Kryolan anti shine powder or simply blot with a blotting sheet.
After three weeks this could be HG. The only con is the high price for the amount one gets. It's not bad if you wait for sales like buy two, get one free.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2010 1:23:00 PM More reviews by AshleyKat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do love this all in one. I use it as a setting powder now but when used alone it looks perfectly natural. It does lean towards more of a compact powder than foundation so it is quite dry. Recently I have not been about to use this because of how dry my skin is and this stuff just makes me flake all over.

The price is good for what you get and it will last rather long depending on how much of it you use per day. I ran out in about 2 months and purchased a new one :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2010 9:30:00 PM More reviews by smellysub

So i got this at the body shop's 3 for $30 sale and i figured with a deal like that i might as well pick it up. I have shade 03 and it looks a little dark in the package but on my skin it matches like a dream. I don't like applying it wet very much but continue to experiment-currently I am applying with a powder brush. I have just hit the pan, and it's been about a month.

PROS: -good color match -matte -lasts for a full day on your skin (12-ish hrs) -covers my mild-er acne very well while looking light and fresh on all of my clear skin

CONS: -expensive! (lol at least 4 me) -dosen't cover redness too well, but use a concealer BEFOREHAND, and you should be good -accentuates facial hairs -i'm worried about this breaking me out cuz it does have oil in it, so i'm trying to be careful and might switch to another foundation if i feel it breaks me out.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2010 10:11:00 AM More reviews by VickyS169318

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

i bought this foundation as i was hoping it would look more natural than liquid foundation and remove the need for concealer, foundation and powder as it is an all in one product.
I purchased this in the lightest shade 002 which looks very yellow in the compact which did put me off a little bit but i bought it anyway because there was 20% off at the time.
At first i really liked this product. I used it for a week and the coverage is really natural looking and buildable and it wasnt really yellow on my face like it looked in the compact. The only problem was that one some days it just didnt look right, even though i applied it the same, it wouldnt cover properly or go patchy, my face also got oily pretty quickly. Another big downside is that i only had it less than a week and i could already see the silver pan showing, so as this is a foundation product you do not get a lot for your money if you will be using this everyday (it costs £12). I also had to stop using this as it gave me spots which no other makeup product has ever done.
The only plus side of this foundation is that it looks natural, is easy to use and the packaging is nice and sturdy with a built in mirror and sponge.
P.S. there are only six shades to choose from and neither are really pale or dark, they only cater for light-medium skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2010 1:47:00 AM More reviews by walver

I tried so many brands before, but this is the best, really match my skin,and never oxidize. coverage is okay, and make my face looks fresh and healthy. it also doesn't break my skin. I love this stuff !

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2010 3:25:00 PM More reviews by xicaxeca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

My sister made me switch (used to use other brands) to Body Shop cosmetics because they don't test their products on animals. This powder is one of the best I've ever tried. It can be used either as powder or make up which is pretty cool, it covers imperfections well and still makes your skin look natural. I use it in combination with the Body Shop Flawless skin concealer. Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2010 7:27:00 AM More reviews by cem

I used to use liquid foundations because I was convinced they looked more natural than powder foundations. Plus, I needed pretty heavy coverage, which is easily achievable with liquid foundations.
Anyway, I started accutane and my skin improved a lot. So I decided to give this powder foundation a try. I'm so happy I did! The coverage is sheer-medium, but you can use a concealer under the foundation if necessary. It really evens out my skin tone and covers up any redness. It photographs really beautifully and lasts all day long. Also the application is so easy and fast compared to my liquid foundations!.
As others have stated it's really important to exfoliate and moisturize with this one!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2010 8:17:00 AM More reviews by Timkerbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am torn with this product. I absolutely love some aspects of it, but am unhappy with others.

On the plus side:
- I have very fair skin, but its more neutral/yellow than pink, and almost all fair skin products are too pink for me. Not this one. The colour match is amazing with the 002.

- The coverage is very good without being cakey. I have quite big pores around my nose, and this foundation evens them out nicely. You can actually apply quite a thick layer of the foundation without it looking cakey.

And the negatives (that have me keep searching for that HG foundation):
- It doesn't last well. I am not particularly oily, but the staying power of the foundation isn't great. I do need to reapply during the day.

- I don't like the packaging. I first bought this product in the mid 90's and I preferred the packaging how it was then, with a longer box and the sponge on the side, with little holes for drying it if you used it wet. The compact now looks a bit tacky, and it's fiddly to get the sponge out. As the sponge is meant to be used either wet or dry, there should be ventilation to dry it after you wash it IMO.

- It settles on any dry patches you have. Exfoliating and moisturising is very important when using this foundation (but then again it is for any product I suppose)

- You don't get very much product in the package. It's not a terribly expensive foundation, but not super cheap either, and it does run out a bit too quickly IMO.

In spite of all the negatives I will keep buying this, as the positives outweigh the negatives

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 6:58:00 PM More reviews by GooMavs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Absolutely love this foundation. I wore liquid foundation pretty much since I starting experimenting with makeup (mainly CG clean, Revlon CS & PF) and I never felt it looked natural. Two months ago I got really fed up with all the blocked pores that kept popping up around my chin and forehead and decided I would try something other than liquid foundation. I tried BE matte, but I didn't care for that too much. I stumbled across reviews for All in one face base and ran out to get it. I'll never look back! The color selection is geared more towards those with lighter skin tones. I'm usually the lighest shade (ivory) in foundation, but for this foundation I'm a perfect 03. It definitely looks best applied dry. I use MUFE green base, then apply this with a sponge, apply concealor on any blemishes, then use a fluffy brush to apply a bit more foundation. Viola! Beautiful skin and lots of compliments. Love that this stuff doesn't dry out my skin, cause more blemishes, or accent any flakies I might have. Highly rec'd!