Mary Kay concealer

4.1

Water , Isononyl Isononanoate , Cyclopentasiloxane , Sorbitan Isostearate , Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone , Lauroyl Lysine , PTFE , Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate , Propylene Glycol , Cetyl Dimethicone , Hexyl Laurate , Sodium Chloride , Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein Hydroxypropyl Polysiloxane , Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil , Beeswax , Nylon-12 , Tocopheryl Acetate , Diazolidinyl Urea , Retinyl Palmitate , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract , Lecithin , Cyclohexasiloxane , Titanium Dioxide , Talc , Iron Oxides , Zinc Oxide May Contain Ingredients Ultramarines

on 10/12/2009 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I don't break out very often but when I do, I get those pimples that are really big and are both red (the base) and white (the very tip). I end up picking at them so I have a lot of pimple scars on my face. Not only does this concealer cover the scars, but also covers most of the large pimples so that they look very small. I use the Mary Kay foundation over it. From using these two products, people think I have perfect skin but I really don't. The bad thing about it is that it feels really cake-y even though it doesn't look like it is. As for under eye circles, it really works if you use the right foundation. My under eye circles are really dark and go about 2 fingers below my eyes. I used to use the cover girl foundation but it didn't cover the dark circles. The Mary Kay foundation was the only one that really worked well with the concealer.

on 10/9/2009 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This concealer works really well to conceal blemishes. I don't get undereye circles, so I can't say how well it works for that. I use Ivory 2 in the winter and Beige in the summer and apply it with a concealer brush. The packaging is nice and hygienic. I got it for $5 on ebay. I'll keep using it until I can find an organic or natural concealer that compares.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

i gave this a 4 because i have to mix colors bronze 1 and bronze 2 because bronze 2 is too red for me, but im lovin it so far.

on 7/28/2009 5:40:00 PM

Mary Kay is a fine makeup brand-- they have a lot of hypo-allergic makeup which is good for women who have sensitive skin. I personally, think their cover up is a bit watery, but that's just me

on 7/24/2009 2:59:00 PM

I was very skeptical about this concealer when my friend told me about it, saying that it was on Oprah's favourite things and named as the best concealer by numerous publications... well, count me among one of the converted! This concealer has made the dark circles under eye area disappear! And it stays put ALL DAY LONG, without fading, or settling into fine lines, and has not caused any milia.

However, there was a learning curve in using this concealer (and I only use this for my under eye area, can't really speak for covering blemishes). First, the formula is very 'dry' and pigmented. When I used it for the first time, I didn't like how it would just sit on skin and not blend at all. Then I began using a light eye cream underneath it, which made all the difference. Now I use MAC's Fast Response eye cream, which is an awesome product in itself, and then I apply the MK concealer over top. As with all under eye concealers, I use my ring finger and a tapping motion to apply for the best natural looking results.

The second issue I had with this concealer was the colour selection. I chose "beige 1" to begin with, and although it was an acceptable match to my NC30 complexion, I found it to be a bit ashy looking. I decided to get the "beige 2" to see if it was better. I found beige 2 to be a little too golden and dark on its own. So, now I wear this concealer by mixing a dab of beige 1 and 2 together. The resulting colour is absolute perfection.

For reference, I had been using MUFE's Lift Concealer (shade #3) prior to this, and even though it's a great concealer, I found that it tended to fade through the day, and when I come home in the evenings, I can see that my dark circles are visible. In the past, I have tried many other concealers for my dark circles, but I find that the MK concealer combines the best attributes of all the concealers that I have found. It wears really well through the day, so that my concealer looks as good at 8pm, as it did at 8am. The price is very reasonable, at $12.50 CAD for a 8.5g tube, even buying the 2 tubes to get my colour match, it's cheaper than the MUFE Lift concealer. A very tiny dab of this concealer is all I need to cover both my under eye area, so I suspect these 2 tube will last me well over 12 months. I may end up having to replace them before I actually run out of product. Highly recommended, and will continue using unless something changes with my skin, or if it doesn't hold up well on my skin during the winter months.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

WOW! This is a great concealer. I have it in beige 1 which is a bit light for my skin in the summer time, so I think I'm going to switch to beige 2. I use this under my eyes in the morning and it works so well! Covers any darkness that I have...you can't even tell I got 4 hours of sleep the night before. haha. I used to use the MAC select cover up, but it was waaaay too thick and heavy for me. It made my under eye area very dry and cakey looking. The Mary Kay concealer only costs 10 dollars, and works a lot better on me than MAC.

on 7/2/2009 4:24:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

A few weeks ago I tried a friend's concealer (In Ivory 2 - I use MAC Studio Finish in NC20) because i forgot mine and let me just say WOW... i am really amazed at this product since I never really liked this brand so much. But this concealer gave me so much coverage and it blended PERFECTLY in my combination-to-oily skin I didn't even have to use foundation (a HUGE deal for me) and it is so cheap that I had to get it. I think this concealer is my new HG concealer. I MIGHT just stop using foundation daily. Will definitely repurchase as many times as I have to.

EDIT: I use this mostly to spot-cover blemishes, my under eye circles aren't really a problem for me.

on 6/22/2009 12:37:00 AM

I have both Ivory(for winter) and Beige(for summer). I love the coverage and consistency. It's not too thin, or thick and it's not cakey at all. I have some redness and dark circles and it covers them up perfectly. I've been using this for years and don't plan on stopping anytime soon.

on 6/1/2009 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This is my HG concealer. I've tried looking for other concealers, they're either too liquidy or too pasty and cakey. This is the perfect consistency and pigmentation for me. It has GREAT pigmentation. I read about the yellow tone this has. Yeah, it does have a yellow tone, however, I NEED the yellow in it since I have yellow/golden undertones anyway. So, This is perfect for me. I've been with this concealer for over 4 years. It's simply awesome. Oh and the pigmentation works great for acne scars and sun spots. =D
Repurchase? lol Why of course!

on 6/1/2009 12:44:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was surprised by the good reviews on this. I've been using this concealer for a while but only because I get it for cheap. I do like the shade of the one I use, which is 'Yellow,' but I find it difficult and time consuming to get an even layer. I don't think the texture is thick enough. My under eye circles aren't even dark but it doesn't cover them very well in my opinion.

Top Rated Mary Kay Products