September 30, 2014 | 1115 users online

Liquid - Bare Escentuals - bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2014 11:29:00 AM More reviews by mely10

I was dying to try this foundation, I bought the brush that they recommend you use (waste of money) I absolutely hate this foundation which makes me sad because I soooo desperately wanted to love it:( I tried different ways of applying it , I tried different primers and the end result was always horrible! I have combination skin really dry on my cheeks and really oily on my T-zone. Well with this foundation my cheeks look super flaky and my blemishes stand out even more and on my t-zone after an hour it looks super oily , it's horrible !! I had a difficult time getting full coverage , I feel like 5 drops do nothing for me , I'm so glad this foundation worked for so many other people unfortunately for me it was a disaster .

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Gissprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hello everyone, my name is Gisselle and I only truly right reviews on things WORTH IT, & this my honeys is truly worth every cent.
**before we continue a back round on my skin: •I have dry/ normal skin (patches once in a while)
•discoloration on face (some redness)
•one or two minor breakouts (once in a while)

So if you have a similar skin type keep reading!!!...

I'm going to try to organize this review as best possible breaking it up into 1) coverage 2) lasting power 3) price 4) color shades 5) affecting skin 6) overall/ my experience

•1) HOLY COVERAGE! When I saw the consistency I was like no way this is going to cover anything on my face this thing is going to slide right off! We'll it proved me wrong. I personally use 2-3 drops on my whole face and neck! What? I know crazy but trust me girl that's all you need.
•it glides on smoothly; blends in so beautifully and it's different than anything I have ever used.
•I love the light weight feel it has to it (smooth and silky) IT LOOKS LIKE PERFECT BABY DOLL SKIN

•2) lasting power is SPECTACULAR! I have used it for about everyday this past week; I apply it In the morning at 5 and i get home around 3 and it's still on (no lie)

•3) price is a great happy medium for a higher end product, you don't use a lot of product so it's going to last a while! Worth a of 29$? Best believe it honeys! Stop spending and invest in this.

•4) they have a wide selection from light to dark and had many undertones. Talk about mega plus!!

•5) So far this foundation has not clogged any of my pores or made me break out which is great, because I have sensitive skin and usually break out on my chin and forehead. Good job bare minerals !

6) To conclude I have to say I have tried so many freaking foundations from drug store to high end and I have to give this one a lot of props. It is so hard to find a foundation for dry skin especially and this will deff, give a nice glow and satin finish. It honestly feels like skin and it's perfect (hydrating) I love a good hydrating formula. OF COARSE YOU STILL have to moisturize we'll (and prime, I rarley do) BUT OVERALL It has great coverage, lasting power, perfect shade match. I mean what else can you ask for? This is a great price and bare minerals is a very great company. I wish I would have payed attention to them more but I'm just not one of those powder girls. Feel me ?

I WOULD GO TO sephora or ulta TODAY OR SOON get color matched get a sample, test it and I promise you'll love it !!

Will i say I have found my holy grail? Yes yes yes so far!

Xoxox

I hope this review helped someone out there
Follow me on Instagram @gissprincess
for questions and more makeup reviews and advice

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2014 9:50:00 AM More reviews by CJenkins33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing foundation! I was worried it said brightening i thought i was gonna make my face look blotchy but it has really helped with the red marks around my cheeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by JaydeLife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am absolutely in love with this product. Easy to blend, free of harsh chemicals, good coverage & actually good for your skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by 0811test

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My initial reaction to this product was Yeach!!!! Despite regular exfoliation my skin had decided to go through a shedding phase that I wasn't even really aware of. If you are flaking at all this foundation will pick it up and magnify it. Fortunately, my skin just does its thing for a day or two then stops for months so after everything was back to normal (and I exfoliated like crazy pants and I mixed the product for 10-15 s as suggested by several reviewers here) I reapplied and the results of a very few drops thinly applied with a sponge were fantastic. Got compliments galore Even a couple of my geriatric demented patients who are honest to a fault, bless their hearts, complimented me on my "nice complexion" which no one has ever done before. And it lasted through a double shift at the hospital which is saying a lot. If it keeps up the good work I may have a new foundation which I have really needed as my older formulation was getting a little thick and heavy for my skin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by sxs

I got sucked in my the brush, I admit it. When I got it home, though, the whole thing is pretty meh. The brush isn't great for getting areas like that spot where your nose meets the rest of your face - it's too chunky for that. The foundation is foundation. It's fine, but it's nothing special.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Kahley15

I just tried this foundation today, and all I can say is WOW! I am so impressed. I am a MUA and Estheitican, and cannot believe how amazing this feels and looks on my skin. I've tried a million foundations from drugstore to high-end. I believe the steps I used really helped in the application of this product. 1.) I made sure that my face was cleansed, exfoliated, and moisturizer. 2.) Then I applied Hourglass Viel Primer I my T-Zone. 3.) I used the BE Precision Face Brush. I made sure to shake the bottle at least 15 to 20 shakes. you really need to mix it well because it does separate because there are no fillers in the product. 4.) Make sure to start with 2 drops. I only needed 2 drops to cover half my face. I used 1 drop for my forehead. I also used 1 more drop to cover any additional redness. I couldn't believe how smoothly it applied and blended in the skin. I made sure to set the foundation with banana powder (Ben Nye). It's 80 degrees out today, and I was also able to go 6 hours before lightly touching up my combo/acne skin. I recommend getting a sample and getting color matched. This is a go to product now!! I think the original Mineral Veil would be great on top to set this. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by purpldy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a nice liquid foundation with limited ingredients, non irritating
(physical) sunscreen, and a semi-dewy finish suitable for dryish to combination
skin types. Bare Minerals hypes this as something new or innovative, but
other companies have been making mineral liquid foundations for years (and
have been doing a better job, for me personally at least, in color matching).
Borghese Minerali (both finishes) for example, performs exactly like BareSkin
(actually I think better) and will cost you less ounce per ounce.

Do not let the drop by drop gimmick fool you, this is not super concentrated
nor is it any more pigmented than most of your medium coverage "regular"
foundations, even from the drugstore. The dropper bottle is annoying, messy
and wasteful as you have to shake the $hit out of it to get any on your brush
and if not careful, you'll get it on you, the ceiling or the wall. A tiny bit less
rigid bottle would have been exceptionally helpful. 5-6 drops will be needed
for most unless you want no coverage at all.

As far as the "serum" in this foundation, those who use it over time will
have to review the skincare benefits. I can only comment that it wasn't drying
or irritating on my sensitive dry skin, nor was it greasy either. I powdered and
set my shiny forehead only, just as I do with all my foundations.

As far as color match, at least for me, was a total fail. Of the two "cool" lightest
shades, 02 "Shell" was peachy and a bit orangish as the day went on and 01
"Porcelain" is almost white, but would be wonderful for the truly fair out there.
I would most likely get a decent (not excellent) match mixing the two colors,
but $60 is way too much to spend on this foundation ;-) Hopefully others are
not as tone challenged as I am and would get a decent match.

Overall, if you are Bare Minerals fan and wanted a liquid foundation, give this
a try. If you are indifferent to Bare Minerals, there are many better liquid
foundations out there ;-)

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by millgirl70

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the foundation - I had to try it 3 times to get the right color for me. I wear shade 3 linen and I wear the brightening primer under it. I had to try a couple of primers, but this one seems to work for me.

I also use illuminating mineral veil and skinny dip bronzer. I also tried the new blush the natural high which seems to look much better on my face than Nars Orgasm. It is still sparkly, but there is a different tone to this blush. Everyone who sees it really loves the color and the way that it goes on.

I have read some of the negative reviews, but then some folks also hate the regular bare minerals - I always loved the powder, but I really also like the liquid.

I also love the brush - even after the foundation has been put on my face I use the brush to blend the foundation.

I put the foundation on first thing in the morning and it is still on my face when I get home more than 12 hours later.

The first time I tried it on one of my friends noticed that my skin looked different and she really liked how my skin looked.

I just want to urge people to try this foundation - I've been wearing it for a few weeks and even when I don't wear the foundation, my skin looks better bare than it did before I tried this.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2014 7:56:00 AM More reviews by RMulieri

I bought this product with high hopes .I love BE mineral foundations overall but they are so messy ,so having a liquid come out , I was excited. ..It was a good color match, but that is where anything good about it ends..I am not overly dry or oily skin( I am oily in the t-zone but dry elsewhere and I like dewy foundations as well as matte).I bought this off QVC and it came with the brush.This product emphasized every single dry flake, pore and wrinkle I have.You know its bad when people want to know what the heck you did to your skin because it looks like alligator skin.I gave this foundation several tries and used several application methods ( including the brush it came with).Sent it back to QVC for a refund

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No