September 21, 2014 | 2031 users online

Liquid - Bare Escentuals - bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by 0811test

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My initial reaction to this product was Yeach!!!! Despite regular exfoliation my skin had decided to go through a shedding phase that I wasn't even really aware of. If you are flaking at all this foundation will pick it up and magnify it. Fortunately, my skin just does its thing for a day or two then stops for months so after everything was back to normal (and I exfoliated like crazy pants and I mixed the product for 10-15 s as suggested by several reviewers here) I reapplied and the results of a very few drops thinly applied with a sponge were fantastic. Got compliments galore Even a couple of my geriatric demented patients who are honest to a fault, bless their hearts, complimented me on my "nice complexion" which no one has ever done before. And it lasted through a double shift at the hospital which is saying a lot. If it keeps up the good work I may have a new foundation which I have really needed as my older formulation was getting a little thick and heavy for my skin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by sxs

I got sucked in my the brush, I admit it. When I got it home, though, the whole thing is pretty meh. The brush isn't great for getting areas like that spot where your nose meets the rest of your face - it's too chunky for that. The foundation is foundation. It's fine, but it's nothing special.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Kahley15

I just tried this foundation today, and all I can say is WOW! I am so impressed. I am a MUA and Estheitican, and cannot believe how amazing this feels and looks on my skin. I've tried a million foundations from drugstore to high-end. I believe the steps I used really helped in the application of this product. 1.) I made sure that my face was cleansed, exfoliated, and moisturizer. 2.) Then I applied Hourglass Viel Primer I my T-Zone. 3.) I used the BE Precision Face Brush. I made sure to shake the bottle at least 15 to 20 shakes. you really need to mix it well because it does separate because there are no fillers in the product. 4.) Make sure to start with 2 drops. I only needed 2 drops to cover half my face. I used 1 drop for my forehead. I also used 1 more drop to cover any additional redness. I couldn't believe how smoothly it applied and blended in the skin. I made sure to set the foundation with banana powder (Ben Nye). It's 80 degrees out today, and I was also able to go 6 hours before lightly touching up my combo/acne skin. I recommend getting a sample and getting color matched. This is a go to product now!! I think the original Mineral Veil would be great on top to set this. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by purpldy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a nice liquid foundation with limited ingredients, non irritating
(physical) sunscreen, and a semi-dewy finish suitable for dryish to combination
skin types. Bare Minerals hypes this as something new or innovative, but
other companies have been making mineral liquid foundations for years (and
have been doing a better job, for me personally at least, in color matching).
Borghese Minerali (both finishes) for example, performs exactly like BareSkin
(actually I think better) and will cost you less ounce per ounce.

Do not let the drop by drop gimmick fool you, this is not super concentrated
nor is it any more pigmented than most of your medium coverage "regular"
foundations, even from the drugstore. The dropper bottle is annoying, messy
and wasteful as you have to shake the $hit out of it to get any on your brush
and if not careful, you'll get it on you, the ceiling or the wall. A tiny bit less
rigid bottle would have been exceptionally helpful. 5-6 drops will be needed
for most unless you want no coverage at all.

As far as the "serum" in this foundation, those who use it over time will
have to review the skincare benefits. I can only comment that it wasn't drying
or irritating on my sensitive dry skin, nor was it greasy either. I powdered and
set my shiny forehead only, just as I do with all my foundations.

As far as color match, at least for me, was a total fail. Of the two "cool" lightest
shades, 02 "Shell" was peachy and a bit orangish as the day went on and 01
"Porcelain" is almost white, but would be wonderful for the truly fair out there.
I would most likely get a decent (not excellent) match mixing the two colors,
but $60 is way too much to spend on this foundation ;-) Hopefully others are
not as tone challenged as I am and would get a decent match.

Overall, if you are Bare Minerals fan and wanted a liquid foundation, give this
a try. If you are indifferent to Bare Minerals, there are many better liquid
foundations out there ;-)

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by millgirl70

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the foundation - I had to try it 3 times to get the right color for me. I wear shade 3 linen and I wear the brightening primer under it. I had to try a couple of primers, but this one seems to work for me.

I also use illuminating mineral veil and skinny dip bronzer. I also tried the new blush the natural high which seems to look much better on my face than Nars Orgasm. It is still sparkly, but there is a different tone to this blush. Everyone who sees it really loves the color and the way that it goes on.

I have read some of the negative reviews, but then some folks also hate the regular bare minerals - I always loved the powder, but I really also like the liquid.

I also love the brush - even after the foundation has been put on my face I use the brush to blend the foundation.

I put the foundation on first thing in the morning and it is still on my face when I get home more than 12 hours later.

The first time I tried it on one of my friends noticed that my skin looked different and she really liked how my skin looked.

I just want to urge people to try this foundation - I've been wearing it for a few weeks and even when I don't wear the foundation, my skin looks better bare than it did before I tried this.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2014 7:56:00 AM More reviews by RMulieri

I bought this product with high hopes .I love BE mineral foundations overall but they are so messy ,so having a liquid come out , I was excited. ..It was a good color match, but that is where anything good about it ends..I am not overly dry or oily skin( I am oily in the t-zone but dry elsewhere and I like dewy foundations as well as matte).I bought this off QVC and it came with the brush.This product emphasized every single dry flake, pore and wrinkle I have.You know its bad when people want to know what the heck you did to your skin because it looks like alligator skin.I gave this foundation several tries and used several application methods ( including the brush it came with).Sent it back to QVC for a refund

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 2:08:00 AM More reviews by Lizpaola25

Best foundation I have ever tried. If you like a dewy look with full coverage then this is your baby! It's blends smoothly into my pores and it does not crease. A little goes a long way. I apply this with a flat kabuki brush. 3 drops covers my entire face and then some. I have acne prone skin and have not noticed any pimple and cystic pimples. It's light weight and does not feel heavy, greasy or cakey.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Dahlia70

I love this foundation. I've been wearing this for two weeks now and ta-da NO BREAKOUTS! I normally start getting a breakout from a new foundation within a few days but nada with this one, i'm so pleased!

I always make sure to shake it more than it probably needs and I use anywhere from 2-4 drops depending on what coverage I am going for. I cannot believe how well this covers stuff with so few drops! amazing! I sometimes will finish with mineral veil or if i'm going out for an evening with the original mineral foundation, but usually i don't set it at all.

I find this lasts me 8-10 hours depending if i set it or not. My skin looks great and I think its the foundation that is helping! I'm really impressed.

I get the negative reviews, i feel just as with the mineral powder foundation you either love it or hate it. this probably isnt made for people with really dry skin or really oily skin but those somewhere in the middle. I have normal skin and i don't find it makes me too dry or too oily.
I personally have nothing bad to say about it and found that i can get a good coverage without the brush they suggest you use. I've used my fingers, the elf studio powder brush and the Real Techniques face brush (the copper colored handle one) all with success.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2014 3:45:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

I cannot stand Pure Brightening Serum Foundation. I don't even know the right words that could express how much I dislike this makeup; I'm not exaggerating, this is one of the worst things I've ever put on my face. I was color matched in Sephora to Bare Almond 16, but I probably should have got Bare Maple 17—MAYBE even Bare Walnut 18. Anyway, I listened to the makeup artist & gave it a try. After seeing good reviews & a lot of people raving about this like it's the makeup from the gods, I had high hopes.

All right, so the foundation is on my face. Think of the monster from The Goonies. That's how I felt. Despite the actual product being so thin & borderline watery, it was streaky, felt drying, & looked flaky on my skin. Blending & buffing took forever & wasn't easy to do. Even with the company's special $28 Perfecting Face Brush they suggest you use, it was a mess! This foundation is weird to me. I was advised to use "three or four drops" for the full coverage I wanted, so that's what I did. Those three or four drops practically had me wearing a mask.

This foundation set in the worst way. It literally accentuated every single imperfection. Every blemish, line, bump, & pore on my face looked three times as bad after I wore this. Another reviewer wrote: "I'm 20 years old with little to no fine lines and this foundation made all the lines I didn't know I had come out and say hi." I absolutely agree. At 21, there is no reason my face should have been looking how it did. If you have large pores or any type of lines on your face, you'll see them x10. That "famous no-makeup look & feel" is a joke! If you even think of building up to medium-full/full coverage, you'll look caked & fake.

I hardly ever leave reviews THIS bad or with this much negativity. I was so let down & disappointed in this product… To add insult to injury, my mom bought it & it looks like it was made for her lol In most cases, even if I don't like a foundation, I can find SOME positive aspect about it. On my skin, this foundation is all wrong. I like nothing, & I mean nothing. Save your $29 & buy a drugstore foundation because it would be better than Pure Brightening Serum Foundation, or spend a little more money & get a quality foundation. Seriously, miss this.

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by nmaf23

I think I have found my HOLY GRAIL!! I have tried everything..NARS,GUERLAIN,GIORGIO ARMANI ,KANEBO SENSAI, CHANEL,DIOR,LANCOME,REVLON...you name it ,Ive tried it. While there are some of those foundations I absolutely love!..There is something this foundation does for me. I have combination skin that gets slightly oily in the t-zone but is quite dehydrated if that makes sense. This foundation is everything I need in a foundation. SPF for the day but still photographs well for night time, hydrates my dehydration lines but still stays in place. This foundation is my PERFECT match, I have never found a foundation that matches me perfectly..I usually mix two..I would be an NC46 in Mac if it existed. I wear BARE WALNUT in this and it matches me PERFECT. The foundation has a GORGEOUS natural slightly dewy finish with easily buildable coverage that makes my skin look supple and FLAWLESS. it is also extremely lightweight.
My only CON is it is not the most long lasting on its own but applied with my MARC JACOBS the face II brush over Philosophy the present and set with Hourglass Ambient lighting Dim and then Ben Nye Banana Powder .I can get a full 6-8 hr wear without touchups...
LOVE LOVE THIS GEM ...THE PRICE IS JUST RIGHT AND THE PACKAGING IS GREAT FOR ANY SITUATION...