October 21, 2014 | 1424 users online

Liquid - Bare Escentuals - bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by joy2uandme

I finally went into a BE store and was color matched and learned how to use this. Turns out I was using the wrong color and using way too much. The MUA used a total of two drops on me. She striped them on my skin then buffed them in one at a time. My skin looked great and it held up all day. So I bought it again with the brush. I am in 08 and I am NC 25/30, pantone 1Y07-8 right now for summer, Laura Mercier, blush during most of the year, sand right now. Cannot stress enough about not trying to guess your color but either going into a store or calling the BE line. The BE CS phone line had told me initially that I was 08 but I didn't believe them. The colors in this and the ready line can run very yellow.

Additionally I have slightly combination skin right now. The MA only used a smidge of mineral veil on me but I could see why folks with oily skin would have a problem with this foundation. This serum foundation looked natural on me but where I am a tad oilier it looked dewy so for oily folks the matte BM is probably your best bet.

The feel is indeed weightless which I go for. But I won't be able to rely on the sunscreen factor with 2-3 drops so I have to wear several layers underneath this. I wore this over sunscreen/moisturizer and primer.

I have some arthritis in my hands and although the bottle is hard, I like that is dispenses a drop at a time.

Initially I didn't like this but I was using the wrong color and too much. As with most of BE's products there is a learning curve.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by SusieLouise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was super excited when I saw this foundation at Sephora. I have been a BareMinerals user for years, and I never go without my powder foundation, even over bb creams. Well this promised to be light and feel like nothing, while still providing great coverage, which is something I have been searching for endlessly in a bb cream, to no avail. The first few times I tried this foundation, I DID NOT LIKE IT. I hate anything that makes me dewy or "luminous", aka shiny, and this was exactly that. It stayed moist all day. So I tried dusting my mineral foundation over top to set it and make it more matte, but all that did was make it cake horribly. I was about to give up and return it to the store, when I realized what I was doing. BareMinerals powder is not a powder, its a foundation....so essentially what I was doing was putting foundation on top of foundation....of course it was cakey! So I tried dusting over the serum with BareMinerals mineral veil, and VOILA! Perfect! Mineral veil is the setting powder in that line, so it did everything I was hoping: made the foundation matte, natural, and best of all, it stays allllllll day! And now I absolutely love it! The coverage is fantastic, and it blends sooooo nicely. You just have to make sure you shake it very well-- I see some reviews on here with people complaining about it being streaky or discolored, and I think they just aren't shaking it well enough, it separates a lot while sitting. I use about 2-3 drops for my whole face, and its plenty. True to their word, this foundation really does feel like wearing nothing at all. It feels amazing on my skin, and with minimal ingredients it sticks with my natural skin care beliefs. Note: I did not buy the brush, as it was quite pricey- I just use a foundation brush I got at cvs, works just fine :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by Jennifoo2010

I'm surprised by the negative reviews! I've never found a foundation that I like previously including everything from Chanel to bobbi brown and even bare minerals powder. When I had the associate color match me in the store I wasn't super impressed as it looked cakey but I figured I would use less at home and the color was good. She used about 5-6 drops and I now use 2 drops for my entire face. I absolutely love the soft, dewy coverage this provides. I don't have major skin issues and really like a no make-up feel which this provides. The brush seems necessary to me for great coverage. I find it to stay true to it's color and keeps good coverage all day. The only negative I would say is that I feel like your skin needs to be pretty smooth/hydrated or the product may cake a bit- I use a gentle exfoliator most mornings before applying. I've been on this site so many times but have never felt strongly enough to post-love this stuff!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2014 7:49:00 PM More reviews by lashandbrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

An SA had me try this on today. When I picked up my cell phone to take a call the foundation ended up on my screen. No thank you.

If you are looking for a foundation --- try Sephora Perfection Mist Airbrush --- it won't make friends with your cell phone but it WILL stay on all day!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by sandyteeful

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have the shade 05 and i think the coverage is amazing! Let me just say that i've been a huge fan of bare minerals forever, so i was excited about this product!

My first impression was that it was reallly waterly and thin! It really does feel natural and like nothing is on your skin! I have to apply at least 4 drops for a nice coverage. The best thing for me was the way my makeup applies to the foundation, it really made my makeup easily blendable and looked so nice with the foundation! Although i did like the coverage, id have to say i wont be repurchasing it again because I dont think this is a "Must Have" item. Even though it is nice, compared to all my other foundations; many of my foundations shine more compare to this foundation. However, I would recommend it because it is a good product for a light foundation, its just not the best foundation out there.

I have really dry skin, so normally; foundations do not make my skin feel oily or anything. I'd have to say that the only thing that i did not like about this foundation, was that it took a longer time to dry than other foundations. This is probably the only foundation that i MUST use a powder for because takes foreverrrrr to dry and using powder really sets it in. Once it sets in though, its really nice.

Make sure you shake well! Since theres no binders in the ingredients, shaking it is essential! Overally, i love the naturally looking coverage, how light it feels on, and the brightness it brings. Id give this product 4 stars!

Check out my FULL REVIEW here:

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by xojmfxo

Love this :)

It's a pretty cool and innovative approach to a liquid foundation- especially coming from Bare Minerals. I used to use their Matte in Golden Medium mineral foundation until I started getting really tan. In Bareskin liquid I use Bare Honey 15 now because I'm a lot tanner.

I honestly think this foundation gets lighter when it's blended in and throughout the day. It's half a shade too dark when I first apply, set with powder and an hour later it's my exact match.

But I do love this stuff because it's so easy to blend, and one drop- goes a long way!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2014 8:16:00 PM More reviews by graceface07

this foundation is so nice! I don't know what the problem is…the only thing I can say is that 1. I use a hydrating primer first and 2. I ditched the applicator brush to apply with a damp beauty blender sponge. It looks beautiful and covers without feeling heavy or cakey.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by ishhara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm giving it two stars because I really like the concept and how lightweight it is. I enjoy efficiency. There's not a lot of waste. One drop has the ability to spread across the entire face area. I also like the wide range of colours. In the BareMinerals powder foundation, I wore Light. In the serum foundation, I can either wear the Cream or the Ivory. And those are the only good things I can say about it.

The bad: to get the right coverage, one has to layer the foundation, except it doesn't like to layer. After the first application, anything on top stops absorbing and mixing (even if I wait a few minutes in between). Instead, it starts to sit on the skin and feel greasy - not sure how it manages that since it contains no oils or silicones. Even just one layer dries very slowly. After about an hour, it starts to melt off the skin in patches. Not only that, it doesn't look very flattering on. The foundation loves to show off any dry patches on the skin, and it settled into lines and wrinkles I didn't know I even had. I've tried using it with different primers and BB's as base. I even exfoliated before application. It's slightly better with a moisturising BB, but still no good. At best, it looks all right - but only within the first hour - which makes it pretty pointless.

I really wanted to like this. I think the concept the ingredients are innovative. I liked the direction BareMinerals wanted to go with the skincare aspect. I just wish it didn't suck.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2014 10:44:00 AM More reviews by rayoflight121

Finding a match was hard, #6 looks stright up yellow pigment
Its greasy but oil-free?
It dries down powdery and starts to disappear after 2 hours

My skin looks better without it on!

Its not worth the hassle, I've had better luck with drugstore brands.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by ginaxav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wear this foundation/serum in shade 7. For comparison and reference I wear a 2.5 in Touch Eclat pen, BD20 in Touch Eclat foundation, Fairly Medium in Bare Minerals powder, Warm Ivory in Dermablend Cover Cream, Fresco in Estee Lauder Double Wear, Fiji in Nars, NC20 in Mac, and 4 in Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk.

Back to Bare Skin...not a fan. It really will cling to any dry patches on your skin, and it was horrible even though an hour ago I moisturized with Tarte Pure Marajuca Oil. It does make my skin look very healthy and bright, but not dewy, it's a had difference to explain but dewy can equal sweaty or oily if you aren't careful. This wasn't shiny, but also not matte. It's a great finish really but that's about it. It didn't cover even very light sun spots with 2 layers. I do use their special brush with the indented middle section and it's really soft and seems to blend well, but I don't like it any better than my Shiseido brush or my Beauty Blender.

Very gentle if you break out easily. That's the only other plus I can think of. It doesn't last very long at all and will highlight dry patches that you didn't know you had. It's also very thin and if you don't shake the bottle enough you just get a watery drop that absorbs right into your brush and vanishes. I hate the dropper style, but I'm really partial to pumps WITH covers over them, such as Armani Fluid Silk. I suppose I do like the dropper style better than open tops such as Estee Lauer DW (though a pump fits on that, not with the cap over it to prevent accidental pressing when travelling etc).

I've reviewed a lot of foundations, if you want to check my other reviews for comparisons.