August 2, 2014 | 1213 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by asmolkin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is not the original stay Matte. THe ORIGINAL stay matte, I wore to my engagement party. The original is an extremely sheer finish. At the time, because I was able to obtain such a perfect match in my skintone (101 porcelain only available on ebay), it worked well for me. Otherwise, I would say that one really is not worth it. Extremely sheer and only really controls oil, does not really give a matte finish.

Well the new mousse version, does provide a matte finish and I like it. Because of this matte finish, exact shade match is not so crucial. And it also does not oxidize (neither did the original I dont wear foundations that ozidize)...i am not looking for a less natural look, and this one suits me well, in fact I cant wait to go to a night club wearing this one. I have it in classic beige. If I want more pink pigment, I add L'oreal powder in shell beige. This is a good powder for it, because it absorbs like a makeup, rather than a powdery powder, and mizes well with the stay matte mousse formula. Love the squeeze tube formula...i dont know I though l'oreal magic souffle was my hg, now I am loving this one. Magic souffle will always be one of my hg's. WOrks best in the heat. But the finish is more natural matte, the stay matte is more a velvety matte, so I like it for colder weather, for indoors. I love them both. Both amazing for oily skin

this is VERY mush like the tarte amazonian clay! same texture...same EXACT consistency....the tarte is just a bit less matte. If you want that matte from the 90's look, go for the rimmel, or demi-matte go for the tarte..both are great. I prefer the rimmel stay matte because it is just slightly better in coverage and it also is amazing for the skin it will not clog pores

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by stephdev

This is one of the best foundations I've used. I love mousse foundations. I find that the coverage is very buildable and it blends well. I am very pale with neutral undertones and this is the best matching foundation I've ever used and I've tried them all.

I find it's comparable to the ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup which I also liked very much but it smelled horrid.

No breakouts while wearing this and I work 36 hour shifts....a la Grey's Anatomy :)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2014 12:59:00 PM More reviews by niffun

I am currently in the midst of an awful breakout from this foundation. From using it only TWICE! My face is inflamed, red, pustule, and ALL over my face. It's driving me crazy and it's because of this foundation. Do NOT use this foundation if you have trouble with foundations or you have sensitive acne-prone skin. UGH.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by bevinc123

I sworn off all Rimmel products after using their bronzer because I was just feeling like they were cheap and not worth it. I tried this because of how cheap it was and thought the color blended well on my hand. I LOVE THIS. The coverage is full and evens out your skin tone. It looks amazing with bronzer and blush over it. Plus I don't think it has contributed to any break outs, because I get cystic type acne on my jaw line. I think the package is petite and cute and yes, I'd definitely buy again- I just may need get a darker shade for the summer :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 6:51:00 AM More reviews by tuejjlaz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This foundation is amazing! I have tried and worn a few in my time but so far I haven't tried one that would offer such good coverage, actual matte finish and good lasting power, never mind at this price.

There are a few considerations for those of us with oily skin, though -- at least for me primer or another oil-control product is a must with everything, Liquid Mousse included, because otherwise it will just slide off my face, and accentuate dry and flaky patches. With primer, though, I got several hours of wear off this foundation, and not much less without primer.

I love that you don't necessarily need powder or concealer with this foundation because it provides such good coverage and instant matte finish, because that's two steps less in yur makeup routine and I do love products that make it quick and easy. I found that adding powder on top, even just a little to set it, made it look cakey and didn't help with lasting so I just skip it now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Since 1983 I've been trying and buying any foundation I can get my hands on that is oil-free. Anyone remember the old Maybelline Shine Free Foundation? Yeah, well that like Reagan went out with the eighties. Now however, seems that the technology is much better and all of the modern foundations I have tried are good, but none seem to "mattify" the skin with that dewy, but velvet smooth look. I was sceptical when I tried this one and am actually very pleasantly surprised. This foundation, coupled with the matching primer is the bomb for any skin that has any extra oiliness at all. With this, I don't have to touch up during the day and it makes my light normal-oily skin just glow. The only drawback is that there is no spf, but other than that, the beautiful and flawless finish that this delivers makes up for the lack of sunscreen ( I just whisk on my Olay spf 30 and I'm good to go). I LOVE this stuff and hope that they never discontinue it. I also use the matching powder as well which really controls oil well, but doesn't come with a brush nor a puff. Small price to pay however, for flawless, oil-free skin. Highly recommend. Love the purse friendly easy-to-use tube too.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2014 4:28:00 AM More reviews by cupcakeofmylife

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! I use it on a daily basis with my Real Techniques face expert brush. I am usually an NC 20-25 skin and I'm in the shade 103 Light ivory.

It doesn't oxidise on me (CG outlast did, a lot), and it smells kind of like a cake (in my opinion). On normal skin, it doesn't look cakey at all and does not emphasise pores. This foundation also stays on for a long time (about 8 hours on me)

One con to this foundation is that it may look cakey on dry areas/patches but can easily be fixed with a mist of MAC fix+ or to moisturise beforehand.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by cilla2229

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation! I have dry-ish skin with mild rosacea on my checks, nose and chin. It does not increase my dryness and covers my redness like a dream! I wear a light BB or primer to help smooth things out underneath, then a light dusting of my Cover FX loose powder and I'm set for hours. Also doesn't cause any flares to my rosacea, which I truly appreciate. An excellent option for a fuller coverage foundation that doesn't break the bank! (It's like $5!!)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 8:33:00 AM More reviews by sofisticationn

Wow. I am totally impressed by this drugstore foundation. This is great for DRY SKIN! Pair it with porefessional by benefit and blend it out with real techniques expert face brush. Lightly set it and then forget it. I wore it yesterday from 5AM to 7PM and it stayed looking amazing. Rimmel PLEASE DON'T DISCONTINUE THIS AMAZING FOUNDATION.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by roxyower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ok let me start by saying that at first I HATED it. Almost threw it away. Set it aside forever. Then I started working longer shifts at work and my makeup I was using just wasn't working and recently my skin has started getting so oily. I was desperately looking for something that lasted longer. I was going to go with Estée Lauder double wear but was advised to go try dermablend. I got a sample and I loved it! But my sample was running out so I remembered the rimmel stay matte was the same consistency. I decided to try it ONE more time using the same technique I was using with the dermablend: prime with rimmel stay matte primer, apply foundation (USING DAMP REAL TECHNIQUES SPONGE), then set with rimmel stay matte powder. I worked for 8 hours today and I only blotted once and didn't hardly need to repowder! It was and even better combo than the dermablend, covergirl three in one, l'oreal infallible, etc. DREAM COMBO! Do yourself a favor, before you throw it out cuz it looks terrible with any other application, go ahead and apply w a damp beauty sponge. You will love the matte and light but full coverage!! I'm a convert. Thanks you rimmel for helping my 10 hour days not be extra miserable because I feel ugly!