July 26, 2014 | 1081 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by muzikmk18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was quite excited when this product launched and finally got my hands on it. Now, the problem with Rimmel foundations shades is that there's very few shades (8 shown on the website). Not only that, the shades are a little off sometimes as most lean towards pinker shades or it appears a little 'orangy'. If you can find a shade that suits you, great!

I have it in Soft Beige (200) which does fit me (just a smidge bit darker than my skin tone) and it has great coverage. It will emphasize dry patches so I think this foundation is suited more for normal/combo and oily skined people. The texture is quite creamy and the lasting power is nice as well. The texture is similar to the Revlon Colorstay Whipped foundation but I still prefer my Revlon one as it is my HG.

For people who are used to liquid foundations, it will feel a little thick on the skin but it doesn't bother me too much. Also, I have to give props to the packaging as it very compact and easy to travel with (a lot less bukier and more sanitary than my Revlon WF).

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Katlynmorrow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Amazing product very good coverage wear everyday as a base under liquid foundation only thing I don't like is when your coming to the end of it you can't seam to get it our of the tube

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2014 2:18:00 AM More reviews by Breevee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pros:
-Medium Coverage
-Keeps skin matte
-Cheap

Cons:
-Limited shade range
-Emphasizes dry skin

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by kkarle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation! I've always had a hard time finding a foundation that was full coverage, but didn't feel heavy, and this one fits the bill. A little goes a long way too! I thought I would have to buy alot of it, because the packaging is so small, but i've had my container for about two months, and I wear foundation every day!

It doesn't move, doesn't get shiny, and doesn't look like a train wreck after 5 hours (I live in Texas, anything that doesn't sweat off my face is a godsend!)

Seriously, this is the best foundation I've ever used.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by songy67

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The texture and wear of this foundation is phenomenal, especially considering the price point, but finding a color match has been a nightmare for me. For reference: I'm an NC15 in MAC foundations, Gobi (Light 3) NARS Radiant Creamy Compact, Classic Ivory in CoverGirl foundations, and 150 Buff in Revlon Colorstay. I first picked this up in the shade 103 True Ivory after swatching it on my hand at Walmart and eyeballing it as my best match. T'was a mistake: too dark and has an orange/salmon tone when applied to my face. I can sort of pull it off if worn very sheerly and blended down my neck. But in natural daylight it still looks obviously wrong.

Next I picked up the shade 100 Ivory, thinking, what's another $5? The fact is, I really adore the mousse texture on my oily/combo skin and the satin-matte finish I get with this foundation. It also wears beautifully throughout the day and doesn't get cakey or patchy. It doesn't oxidize either. So I figured I'd get another shade and perhaps mix and match. Another mistake. Ivory was much too pink for my warm, yellow-undertoned complexion and still a bit dark. I returned it.

Finally, I purchased the shade 091 Light Ivory (Light Porcelain looked much too pink) and thought for sure that this time I could make it work... Nope. When applied to my face Light Ivory also has a distinct pink undertone that clashes with my natural skin tone. It's very brightening, but the line of demarcation between neck and face is quite visible unless I apply sheerly, take it down my neck, and slap on a generous amount of bronzer to warm it all up. Light Ivory is the one I can sort of make work for me. But it does take some work.

I also tried mixing 103 True Ivory and 091 Light Ivory... but the combo gives me an ashy, salmon-toned color that makes my complexion look strange and corpse-like. Ugh.

If you can find a color match for you I am quite envious. (Or if you are NC15 and have a solution for my dilemma I would very much appreciate a PM and some pointers). As I've said, I really love the finish and wear of this foundation. I think it performs wonderfully for being a very affordable drugstore product. But PLEASE, Rimmel, PLEASE release more shades!

I apply this product with an EcoTools Skin Perfecting Brush, which is very similar to Gossmakeupartist's #1 foundation brush. It takes me a while longer to stipple and buff in my base, but it literally erases my (sizeable) pores and gives me an airbrushed, smooth, flawless but natural-looking finish.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by AngieGCarp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

What a lovely understated gem. This is a perfect running around hanging out or running errands foundation. You can just buff it in and it is just easy and fresh. I would say it is light to medium coverage. The price is incredible. I definitely think this would be good for young ladies just starting out in makeup. Stay Matte is just beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 8:03:00 AM More reviews by brittclow69

I LOVE this foundation.. Omg for the price it's amazing.. A little goes a long way.. It stays put.. Easy to blend.. Makes my face look flawless! I was always really impressed with rimmel foundation.. I use to use the 25hr long wear and I liked that.. But this is going to be my new HG.. So affordable.. I usually use covergirl 3-in-1 foundation but like this way better

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by madisonhouston9

This foundation is my go-to foundation for everyday. I am in the shade Light Ivory. It is a moussey texture that is super blendable. A little goes a long way, and the packaging is amazing. The price is reasonable and overall, I would say buy this product! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2014 10:07:00 AM More reviews by melanie0820

My skin is very oily tzone with sometimea dry cheeks. I soooo wanted this to be my HG but unfortunately it broke me out. It's about medium to full coverage so thats a plus, but the mattifying qualities dont last very long. I used the matte primer plus the matte powder to set it all but it stayed matte for about 2 hours before shune started coming through. It definitely broke me out, and even got a feq whiteheads on my chin before the end of the day. A few days later, total breakout on my chin. Sadly, this foundation is NOT for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by svang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Goes on great-- makes skin look flawless at first. But like all mousse foundations, my skin looked greasy and cakey after a few hours. I was horrified when I looked in the mirror at lunch. My forehead was an oil slick. I even used finishing powder as well. Also, the ingredients aren't the best-- ended up getting a couple whiteheads during the middle of the day. Tis a shame that this didn't work for me-- its so affordable!