September 2, 2014 | 1171 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2014 9:59:00 AM More reviews by bih80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been officially won over. I have right now in rotation 5 foundations I'm trying out but this one is the one I find myself reaching for the most. It's definitely a mouse consistency and it's a medium coverage, a solid medium. It covers very nicely and the finish is matte, just like it promises. I dust a bit of their Stay Matte powder on my face and it's a perfect duo. It lasts all day (office job) but I've also worn it to be out in the heat and humidity and it lasted a nice 5 hours out and about before I felt I needed to blot. I got mine for $5 which was a steal for the quality of the product. Rimmel is quickly becoming one of my favorite drugstore brands!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2014 11:42:00 PM More reviews by catwoman1275

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

OMG this is one of the BEST drug store foundations out there and one of the most inexpensive...it costs less than Cover Girl and Maybelline. The lightest shade, Light Porcelain, is the perfect shade for me. (For a reference, some shades of MAC NC15 are a little too dark for me; depending on which specific foundation.) And it truly lives up to its name: it is probably the longest staying matte foundations I have ever used on my very oily skin, but I just started using this about two months ago so I haven't used it in the summertime yet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2014 8:58:00 AM More reviews by SugarFreeSheila

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This foundation reminds me a bit of Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse, but the shade selection is better. I'm also less oily with the Rimmel after a few hours - just a bit on my forehead & chin. This is a great choice if you're into a "matte lite" look, as you can simply skip powder - frankly, it isn't necessary with this foundation anyway. No concealer either, for that matter. I look very forward to seeing how Stay Matte Liquid Mousse performs in the summer.

Love the tight packaging; product comes right out.

Didn't break me out.

Oh, and you know how a lot of matte foundations can look funny between the eyebrows? Looks fine.

I'd deem it a Medium-Full coverage foundation. The shade range of this one skews a bit light, which is great for once. If you're super-fair, then the lightest shade might just be your play.

I've seen it priced as low as $4.97; but you can get it for even less with coupons and/or BOGO deals.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I purchased this and the Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 hour foundation at Target. I paid less than $13 for both foundaitons. This one was actually on sale. I was surprised at how thick this foundation is. Since it claims to be a mousse, I was expecting to be light and airy. But it isn't at all. In fact, it reminds me alot of the Amazonian Clay foundation by Tarte. I purchased this is Shade 200 Soft Beige. This foundation was somewhat hard to work with. It was so thick it didn't blend or spread very easily. It did cover my flaws, but looked somewhat cakey and mask-like. But a little goes a long way. Unlike the Lasting Finish, this didn't irritate my incredibly allergy-prone skin at all. When I first applied it, I thought it was a good color match, but within a short time, it oxidized something horrible. It turned really orange and was WAY too dark for my skin. If I did repurchase this foundaiton, I would probably try the True Ivory next time. But I don't think I like this foundaiton well enough to try another shade. I also found this foundation somewhat hard to remove. I removed this, and used my Estee Lauder Double Wear Light instead. I ended up returning this to Target, and most likely, will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by LauraLevine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on sale at Walgreens for $2.50 after the first time it became my hg. I love it. I went back and bought2 more for back up. It really stays matte all day and it lasts just as long. It even covers everything so i don't need concealer after all

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by Loved10

I love this product. It has great coverage but didn't settle into my lines or pores. It also did not cling to any of my dry spots. This foundation only broke down slightly on my nose where I am always using tissues as I have allergies. This stay matte formula does just that. After an 8 hour shift I got home and had no shine at all. Very good and very affordable!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by gechok

I like it a lot. I picked this up at Ulta one day because I wanted a good, full-coverage foundation. I wanted Revlon ColorStay, but I got the Rimmel because it was cheaper.

I like it a lot. I think it's really thick and full coverage. I wouldn't wear it for everyday. I'm 16 and I usually only wear a BB cream.

The reason I rated this a 4 is because when I put it on, it makes me look like I have a mustache and I don't know why. I just put a lighter concealer around my mouth and it's all good.

I also like to mix this equally with my MUFE Mat Velvet foundation for nighttime.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 11:41:00 PM More reviews by keiki300

I have come back to change my review of this foundation. I really liked it at first and gave a high rating. After a few weeks of using it I noticed I was breaking out. So I would not recommend this to anyone for that reason although it goes on nice and stays put. But I have used many other matte, longwear foundations and have never broken out. YAK!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 6:38:00 PM More reviews by gabs87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation...

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by AislingBo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had this in True Ivory but found it very dark (I have pale, Irish skin with a little redness on my cheeks caused by Keratosis Pilaris and lots of freckles) so I bought it in Ivory when my first bottle ran out.

Pros:
Great for a night out
Good coverage
Matte so I don't look all sweaty
Lasts long enough for a night out (6-8 hours or so)
Only a small amount of product is needed (mixed with moisturises - see cons) to cover my whole face

Cons:
Definitely not a daytime foundation for me as it was very thick and didn't look even a little natural
Quite thick so I mix it with a moisturiser on my hand before applying to make it easier to spread
Hard to apply with a brush, I resorted to using my fingers as it was just too think for the brush

Definitely not my HG foundation and I wouldn't use this for the daytime, as it's too heavy for my pale skin. I use YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat in B20 for daytime.
Worth the buy for a night out, though, and with the price it is you cant go wrong!