Laura Mercier Pressed Setting Powder - Translucent

3.9

Ingredients: Talc, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Octyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Silica, Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Butylparaben. /- May contain: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Mica, Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Bismuth Oxychloride (Cl 77163), Manganese Violet (Cl 77742), Carmine (Cl 75470).

on 6/23/2005 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Love Laura Mercier products. This rarely gets much use from me. My LM foundation and powder stay on so well, that I only use after lunch to touch up. Another great product from LM!!!

on 4/26/2005 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I just started using LM products. So far, so good! Love the foundation (after being a DiorLift fan for years, they discontinued and I was on a MAD search!) Got the foundation and loose powder first, then went back last week for the pressed compact. I'm with others on the boards here...the sponge is not good, so today, I used a brush for my touchup and I love it! The jury is still out for me on LM concealer...but the foundation and powder...SUBLIME!

on 3/11/2005 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This pressed powder is works great on me! It keeps me looking "flawless" by giving my face a "soft" look. I have oily skin and although it does not keep the oilies away entirely, it does keep it in check.

I keep a compact in my purse at all times for touching up during the day. I love the compact, it's brown, simple and classy.

The only thing that I don't like is the sponge application - it's hard to use. I don't like sponges in general anyways. I need to find a purse brush to apply this while I'm on the go. Does anyone have a good one in mind?

on 2/28/2005 6:01:00 PM

Probably the only Powder I've ever used up. I love this especially for travel. I like it evenmore than the infamous loose powder. Very smooth and silky. Great powder!

on 1/30/2005 12:40:00 PM

Great setting powder! Goes on lightly (I use a brush) and stays well through the day. I love the natural flawless look of LM products!

on 11/8/2004 6:20:00 PM

I am so disappointed with this product! I bought the loose translucent powder a couple of months ago and LOVED it, so I bought this pressed powder to carry around in my bag for touch-ups. Turns out it's NOTHING like the loose powder - it goes on really chalky and white and makes me look about 10 years older!
I thought it was going to be the answer to my pressed powder search, but I'm still looking...

on 6/23/2004 12:27:00 PM

I have recommended this powder to all of my fair skinned friends and we all LOVE IT! It sets my MAC foundation beautifully and it is great for mid-day touch-ups. The only drawbacks are the price and the fact that in order to apply it well I have to carry around the Laura M velour powder puff since the sponge it comes with is completely inadequate. Love it but its pricey stuff!

on 4/16/2004 10:37:00 AM

I got this for Xmas a few years ago and thought it was just some ordinary touch-up powder then, but after familiarizing myself with the LM makeup line, I discovered that this powder was necessary for achieving the "flawless look," and today, it is one of my most-coveted makeup staples. I always use this to set my makeup, and while I'm fair-skinned, sometimes the powder leaves a chalky residue. However, that's not very common, and it's only noticeable after I apply powder over my concealer. Over my foundation alone, it's invincible! Applied over bare skin, the powder "can" appear chalky (although it's "translucent"), so I never use the powder alone. It works extremely well setting my makeup and adding a nice finishing touch to my "flawless face." I never tire of the fact that the talc always leaves my cheeks feeling soft and smooth! Before I run out of pressed powder, I plan on purchasing the translucent loose powder (for $2 more, you get more powder) so that I can use the compact for touch-ups.

on 3/11/2004 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG pressed powder. I have had mine for almost 2 years and it't still good. This is excellent for touch-ups: takes away excess oil without depositing extra color. I hate the cakey look and this never makes me look like I have powder on. On me it's translucent (I'm a MAC C3). I carry this with me everywhere I go. Another winner by Laura Mercier!

on 2/24/2004 7:03:00 PM

This is definitely worth the $28 price tag!! It doesn't take much at all and mine is lasting forever!! Very similar to the loose translucent which I put on in the morning--if I ever need any touch ups I use this. Normally I just put this under my eyes and on my nose! Perfect! I don't really like the sponge applicator it comes with though.