Laura Mercier Pressed Setting Powder - Translucent

3.9

Ingredients: Talc, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Octyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Silica, Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Butylparaben. /- May contain: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Mica, Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Bismuth Oxychloride (Cl 77163), Manganese Violet (Cl 77742), Carmine (Cl 75470).

on 2/28/2005 6:01:00 PM

Probably the only Powder I've ever used up. I love this especially for travel. I like it evenmore than the infamous loose powder. Very smooth and silky. Great powder!

on 1/30/2005 12:40:00 PM

Great setting powder! Goes on lightly (I use a brush) and stays well through the day. I love the natural flawless look of LM products!

on 11/8/2004 6:20:00 PM

I am so disappointed with this product! I bought the loose translucent powder a couple of months ago and LOVED it, so I bought this pressed powder to carry around in my bag for touch-ups. Turns out it's NOTHING like the loose powder - it goes on really chalky and white and makes me look about 10 years older!
I thought it was going to be the answer to my pressed powder search, but I'm still looking...

on 6/23/2004 12:27:00 PM

I have recommended this powder to all of my fair skinned friends and we all LOVE IT! It sets my MAC foundation beautifully and it is great for mid-day touch-ups. The only drawbacks are the price and the fact that in order to apply it well I have to carry around the Laura M velour powder puff since the sponge it comes with is completely inadequate. Love it but its pricey stuff!

on 4/16/2004 10:37:00 AM

I got this for Xmas a few years ago and thought it was just some ordinary touch-up powder then, but after familiarizing myself with the LM makeup line, I discovered that this powder was necessary for achieving the "flawless look," and today, it is one of my most-coveted makeup staples. I always use this to set my makeup, and while I'm fair-skinned, sometimes the powder leaves a chalky residue. However, that's not very common, and it's only noticeable after I apply powder over my concealer. Over my foundation alone, it's invincible! Applied over bare skin, the powder "can" appear chalky (although it's "translucent"), so I never use the powder alone. It works extremely well setting my makeup and adding a nice finishing touch to my "flawless face." I never tire of the fact that the talc always leaves my cheeks feeling soft and smooth! Before I run out of pressed powder, I plan on purchasing the translucent loose powder (for $2 more, you get more powder) so that I can use the compact for touch-ups.

on 3/11/2004 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG pressed powder. I have had mine for almost 2 years and it't still good. This is excellent for touch-ups: takes away excess oil without depositing extra color. I hate the cakey look and this never makes me look like I have powder on. On me it's translucent (I'm a MAC C3). I carry this with me everywhere I go. Another winner by Laura Mercier!

on 2/24/2004 7:03:00 PM

This is definitely worth the $28 price tag!! It doesn't take much at all and mine is lasting forever!! Very similar to the loose translucent which I put on in the morning--if I ever need any touch ups I use this. Normally I just put this under my eyes and on my nose! Perfect! I don't really like the sponge applicator it comes with though.

on 1/1/2004 12:10:00 PM

This product has been proven and tested to work! Bought this powder to use for touch up for my wedding day which was on a warm summer day. The hefty price that I had to shell out was all worth it after seeing my wedding photos (definitely no oilies!). The thing that I did not like was the packaging. I hope they would make this item easier to open.

on 12/17/2003 2:39:00 PM

Finally, a translucent pressed powder that does not look like I was hit in the face with a flour bag - lol! This is great for those with an oily t-zone. It really is translucent, no pinkish or whitish cast like many of the translucent powders give. It really helps with oil control (I use blotting papers, then apply to t-zone with a large brush). This gives a super smooth finish to the skin (compared it with Chanel and MAC Blot - those looked dry on my skin). This also adds no color, and does not darken or change color during the day (a plus for oily skinned ladies). $28 and worth the $$$.

on 8/8/2003 2:24:00 PM

I've gone through about 7 of these. It's my staple touch-up powder. I find that it blots the shine without getting cakey or turning my makeup any color at all. I don't think it's meant to be a truly "mattifying" product like MAC Blot, etc. but rather just a nice touch up powder. It gives me a very nice finish. The only thing I don't like is the price. I find I go through this fairly quickly and don't like having to shell out $28 for powder.