September 22, 2014 | 1284 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Stay True [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2004 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Roxydolly

Not sure if I really like this one or not. Texture is light but very heavy. As soon as it dries, it never "completely" dries because as you may find out later in the day it smudges if your face touches anything (like clothes) or if you put your head down on a piece of paper (which has happened to me) the foundation will rub off onto the paper...so not a very matte finish... color selection is very limited and they all have dark pink undertones (not good). I had this in Stay Beige and Stay Neutral...ended up returning both for the Clinique Superfit.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2004 6:06:00 AM More reviews by Luna_llena

Light texture, kind of easy to apply make. Shame that it does not have SPF. Overall gok-ish value for money.
    Update:
    Lately this foundation makes my face feel really dry. Not sure if my skin has changed or what's happening. It might work better in olier skin. Wouldn't buy it again, I have difficulties applying it now.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2004 6:08:00 AM More reviews by temperlyne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I hate the bottle.. Why is it that cheaper foundation comes in convenient tubes and more expensive ones in clumsy bottles? Its what inside that counts and thats just great. It blends into my skin really well, thanks to the near perfect color match. Coverage is medium to full but not too obvious. It doesn't let my skin shine trough but sometimes thats what I need. It isn't really ultra matte so it doesnt show too much on my blemish flakes. I use it on nights out and other special occasions when I need the illusion of perfect skin. It tends to look artificial in natural light though.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2004 10:59:00 AM More reviews by srftmk

I tried this foundation because, I admit it, it's cheaper that my beloved EA Flawless Finish Mousse Makeup. I wasted $16.50. I am getting oilier since it's summer and thought I needed something that would provide a more matte finish. Wrong...this makeup actually made me more oily! Sometimes I think that the more products we put on our face to control oil, the more oil we produce. It's like our skin says "OK, I'm getting dry let's make more oil" I also feel that this contributed to an increase in clogged pores. I just went back to EA last week and see a major difference. My skin looks fresher, smoother and I have alot let clogged pores. Just goes to show that sometimes you do get what you pay for!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2004 9:06:00 AM More reviews by PrettyL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried a sample of this because I thought I wanted a very matte foundation for the summer. This IS very matte, but also too opaque for my taste. It is also too DRY for the drier parts of my face. the color I tried (21 'light') was lovely but I decided not to purchase after all-- I prefer sheer foundation and for the hot days I'd just rather use powder. For someone with oiler skin than mine who is looking for a rather opaque makeup, this would be great!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2004 1:28:00 PM More reviews by vina501

Goes on thick, needs careful blending. My skin looks nice after I put it on(if you are looking from far away), but there is just something about it that I don't like, it feels like a mask. Besides that the color is a little too dark. I can feel it on my face, YUCK!! I guess I am more of a tinted moisturizer girl. But it gives good, thick coverage I would just prefer to use some concealer and tinted moisturizer.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2004 4:32:00 PM More reviews by prettygeeky

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The coverage on this foundation is nice initially, but a bit heavy. I have oily skin and this foundation actually makes me need to use up to four oil-blotting sheets per day (much more than without makeup on)! I have this in Stay Light, and a few hours after application it turns orangey and the coverage starts to dwindle. Generally disappointing. Guess I'll try to find a foundation that actually stays true...

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2004 8:54:00 AM More reviews by goodbatteries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like the coverage (medium), the colour match, and the overall look of this foundation, but wow, I have like 3 seconds to blend or it dries to a streaky finish. This is the only thing that bothers me about this product, but hey, it forces me to pick up the pace in the morning when I'm doing my makeup, so maybe it's not all that bad! Update: I think this may have broken me out, had to stop using it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2004 1:37:00 AM More reviews by AprilH

Personally I prefer Superfit to this one. Whereas Superfit feels very light going on and dries quickly, Stay True has a thick consistency that feels heavy at first and takes longer to set. It eventually does dry to a fairly matte finish but not as matte as Superfit. As far as staying power and oil control the two are about the same. With Stay True it's hard to get the right amount of product, when you attempt to pour some out of the bottle it tends to come gushing out in large amounts. But the most annoying thing about this foundation is it does not "stay true." As the day goes on it starts to turn orangey. Also, the product remaining in the bottle starts to gradually turn orange. With every bottle of this I've purchased I've had to throw it away with probably 1/4 or more left in the bottle. I've tried keeping it in its original box, storing it in a dark place, and still this happens.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2004 12:51:00 PM More reviews by IlsaLund

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have bought this again...and again...and again. Honestly, this is the only foundation that I've found to work well for me. My skin has never looked better (breakout-wise), and I've never found another brand to make a light-enough color (Stay Ivory, the lightest - I'm very PPP - although it is a shade or two darker than I am). It doesn't feel heavy to me, and it's completely unnoticeable - my co-workers thought I didn't wear foundation! I personally like medium coverage, since it covers the little occasional blemish without having to load up the concealer, and evens out my sometimes-blotchy tone. I don't think I've ever finished an entire bottle though, since after about 9 months, the color tends to oxidize/darken - I've taken off one rating for that, but in my opinion, that's a decent length of time for a $16.50 foundation to last. I'm very pleased with it. I'm a warm PPP with fairly normal skin, a little oily in summer, a little dry in winter.