Clinique Exfoliating Scrub

4.3

INGREDIENTS: water\aqua\eau [] glyceryl stearate [] polyethylene [] hexylene glycol [] disodium cocoamphodiacetate [] disodium oleamido mipa-sulfosuccinate [] magnesium aluminum silicate [] salicylic acid [] menthol [] stearamidoethyl diethylamine [] methylparaben [] propylparaben [] titanium dioxide

on 4/12/2010 8:08:00 PM

After my beloved Clean & Clear Soft In-Shower Facial was discontinued I thought I could never love a scrub again, I even gave up on scrubs altogether for a few months. Then, after a rash of contact dermatitis caused by The Body Shop skincare products I needed something to clear up the last flaky bits of skin from the breakout. The lovely woman at the Clinique counter recommended this exfoliator and I haven't looked back. This makes my skin silky and smooth without upsetting my sensitive cheeks and used in combination with Shiseido Lucent Brightening Cleansing Foam my skin looks as creamy and fresh as it did when I was a little girl.

I just HAD to write a review.. just finished washing my face and it has made my skin as smooth as marble and evened out tone a bit too!!
LOVE LOVE LOVE
I've never had skin this smooth.. I'm gonna make sure I never run out of this and use it every 2 days for a while to come!
There's not much more to add but as an earlier reviewer already said, the tiny round beads in this exfoliate so well and the fact that there are so many of them makes exfoliation even better. Love the salicylic acid to clean inside the pores and the menthol for the nice smell and tingly sensation.
All in all..I think I've found my HG manual scrub!

on 4/9/2010 12:47:00 PM

I've been using this for years and will never switch! Leaves my skin silky smooth and even makes the lines on my forehead less noticeable. I put it on and then leave for about 10 minutes since it has salytic acid in it, but I wouldn't recommend if you have sensitive skin. The best scrub for oily skin!!!

on 3/30/2010 4:28:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love this product. At first I thought the product was too gritty and that it would just irritate my skin but having used this product 2-3 times a week I have seen improvements in my skin. But of course I use this product along with the clinique 3 step system.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I LOVE THIS!!!!!! This is my 3rd bottle of it and i will continue to buy this. I like how the grains are teeny tiny and not big and rough. This is perfect for morning exfoliating before moisturizer and makeup application because it makes your skin perfectly smooth. I love the feeling of the mint or menthol in it on your skin and how it leaves a cooling sensation. <3 LOVE. just be careful because if you really like this you have to try not to over exfoliate and try not to use it every day :)

on 3/16/2010 5:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Please note (I have been reading the other comments on this product)... you cannot expect EVERYTHING out of just one product. The exfoliant does exactly that... it exfoliates... what happens next to your skin depends on what products you chose to use after the exfoliation phase.
Again... great basic exfoliator.

on 3/5/2010 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this is just a meh product i dnt really see why the rave...
its nuthing special therefore i cant resort to buying it again. It leaves my face fresh and brighter for the moments after i use it ..but nuthing amazing...
one good thing tho,,,it will last you a longggg time for sure,,u onlly need so little and there is a lot plus ur sopposed to exfoliate like once a week.. so yup the price justifies it

on 3/1/2010 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This stuff is AWESOME! From using Clinique's Acne Solutions system, my skin is sometimes flaky from being dried out from all of the Benzoyl peroxide/salicylic acid ingredients, but if I use this once a week, no more flakes! My skin felt so much softer and looked brighter after one use.

on 2/15/2010 3:21:00 AM

I have tried numerous scrub and this one is defnitely number one in my books. It has lots of fine granules that gets into those pores and make it feel clean. The closest scrub that I have found to it is MAC refinish microdermabrasion. Great buy and I would defnitely recommend it to people who are picky like me about face scrub. I love smooth glowing soft skin!

on 1/25/2010 3:36:00 PM

I personally don't like this product. It's too abrasive for my skin. It does not contain parfum, which is a plus and afterwards, I feel my skin tingles a little and it feels fresh.