Essie Fiji

3.5

on 7/8/2012 10:41:00 AM

I hate this nail polish, I hate it with a passion. As my first (and only!) Essie nail polish i had high hopes, i saw it in the shop and the milky pink drew me in. I assumed it would either transfer as a smooth and creamy pale pink or as a sheer glossy colour; both appropriate for school. I was horribly mistaken. When i put the first coat on it looked streaky and cheap, I popped on a second coat: still not opaque, and definitely to streaky to pass for sheer, third coat: messy and thick. Finally deciding i had nothing to loose, went on to a forth: thick, gloopy, patchy, white nails. The pink seems to dissapear and the resulting colour is unflattering and fake. Also i takes forever to dry due to the amount of layers and dents and smudges really easily, if you can get passed that its actually fairly long wearing, but i never leave it on long enough to test its longevity. HATE HATE HATE this, save your self the frustration and money, dont get it.

on 7/2/2012 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This polish applies pretty streakily. Three coats (one thin and two thick) still result in streaks, although they aren't too noticeable from a distance.

My main problem with this polish, though, is the color. It's very garish on me. The best way I can describe the color is cotton candy pink. I'm very pale and I need something softer.

on 7/2/2012 7:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Fiji is the only color by Essie that is a staple in my beauty box. This is the only color I will wear anywhere and at any time. It is beautiful and surprisingly extremely long-wearing. I have repurchased this shade for years, and bring it in to my nail salon just in case they are out. Apply 2 coats for a thick opaque look.

on 7/1/2012 12:04:00 AM

idk how anyone could not love this color! its a white with a tint of pink to me. I love it! its soft but bold. only negative is i usually have to use 3 coats otherwise it is streaky.

on 6/30/2012 6:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love the colour of this... It kind of treads a fine line between high maintenance expensive and trashy... But in a good way. I just hate the application of it. It took me 5 coats to achieve anything wearable. But it's a gorgeous milky pale pink that is opaque, and finding this kind of colour isn't easy! I probably won't buy again because I'm not a pro at applying nail polish, but I will try and use it up.
Edit: After struggling with this for awhile, I have taken to using Revlon Colorstay 020 Pale Cashmere, which achieves a similar look though slightly less opaque and slightly more neutral compared to the pink of Essie Fiji, and I have to say I find it much easier and the overall effect is a lot nicer on me. Sorry Essie, fail from me.

on 6/20/2012 6:24:00 PM

Streaky after 3 coats.

on 6/19/2012 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Summer = Fiji pedicures. Total Man-bait. Do not wear to outdoor bbqs and parties unless you're comfortable being the center of male attention wearing this nailcolor :)

on 6/18/2012 4:59:00 PM

This has to be the prettiest colour on the market right now and it's absolutely perfect for summer! Problem is, this nailpolish is quite streaky and it takes 3 coats to make it look completely opaque. Would I buy it again, yes because it's a beautiful colour. Is it annoying to apply 3 times to get it just right? Absolutely. This nail polish definitely has it's pros and cons.

I looooove this shade, I heard a bachelorette wore this shade and had to have it! It's definitely almost white babe pink on the warm side of a cool pink (if you compare it to french affair this one is warm, but generally it's a cool pink)! It is opaque in 2 coats and lasts very well on my nails with a great base and top coat! Too many coats make it chip easier (as with any polish).

on 5/6/2012 8:30:00 PM

Fiji is a stunning baby pink. One of very few that is pale but goes on opaque. The formula for this polish is verrrry finnicky though. It goes on streaky and needs at least 3 coats to look smooth. It's a lovely neutral pink that looks very clean but not overdone.

Top Rated Essie Products