Essie Fiji

3.5

on 7/1/2012 12:04:00 AM

idk how anyone could not love this color! its a white with a tint of pink to me. I love it! its soft but bold. only negative is i usually have to use 3 coats otherwise it is streaky.

on 6/30/2012 6:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love the colour of this... It kind of treads a fine line between high maintenance expensive and trashy... But in a good way. I just hate the application of it. It took me 5 coats to achieve anything wearable. But it's a gorgeous milky pale pink that is opaque, and finding this kind of colour isn't easy! I probably won't buy again because I'm not a pro at applying nail polish, but I will try and use it up.
Edit: After struggling with this for awhile, I have taken to using Revlon Colorstay 020 Pale Cashmere, which achieves a similar look though slightly less opaque and slightly more neutral compared to the pink of Essie Fiji, and I have to say I find it much easier and the overall effect is a lot nicer on me. Sorry Essie, fail from me.

on 6/20/2012 6:24:00 PM

Streaky after 3 coats.

on 6/19/2012 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Summer = Fiji pedicures. Total Man-bait. Do not wear to outdoor bbqs and parties unless you're comfortable being the center of male attention wearing this nailcolor :)

on 6/18/2012 4:59:00 PM

This has to be the prettiest colour on the market right now and it's absolutely perfect for summer! Problem is, this nailpolish is quite streaky and it takes 3 coats to make it look completely opaque. Would I buy it again, yes because it's a beautiful colour. Is it annoying to apply 3 times to get it just right? Absolutely. This nail polish definitely has it's pros and cons.

I looooove this shade, I heard a bachelorette wore this shade and had to have it! It's definitely almost white babe pink on the warm side of a cool pink (if you compare it to french affair this one is warm, but generally it's a cool pink)! It is opaque in 2 coats and lasts very well on my nails with a great base and top coat! Too many coats make it chip easier (as with any polish).

on 5/6/2012 8:30:00 PM

Fiji is a stunning baby pink. One of very few that is pale but goes on opaque. The formula for this polish is verrrry finnicky though. It goes on streaky and needs at least 3 coats to look smooth. It's a lovely neutral pink that looks very clean but not overdone.

on 4/27/2012 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is a beautiful pale pink in the bottle, but it does not apply smoothly at all. It streaks horribly and even with 3 coats I could not get it smooth, but did manage to make it so thick that it wouldn't dry properly. I imagine only true professionals or those extremely talented at applying polish could make this look right. If Essie could get the formula worked out on this one I would buy it again, because the color is beautiful.

on 4/27/2012 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This polish is an off white, slight pinky colour, which verges more white than pink. Can be considered as an off white, nude-y slight pinky colour. I like the Essie brush.

I personally am not the biggest fan of Essie in terms of formula but suprisingly, with three careful coats this polish will be reasonably opaque. One coat of this polish is equivalent to two coats of standard sheer Essie polishes, if you know what I mean.

The good thing about this colour is that it is not as stark as white, white on me looks tacky on my hands. Due to the colour this colour will stand out, especially with my dark skintone.

However, I definately experience cuticle drag with this polish if you do not let each coat dry before adding a next one. Due to this reason this is not the polish to apply when you are in a rush, but when you have the time to carefully and leisurely paint your nails.

Due to this reason, I don't often reach for this colour but when I am stick of blues, reds, greens etc, I'll put this on.

As far as Essie goes, its obviously not the most original colour but for a very, very light pink it is okay. Wouldn't have minded it being a little more opaque in terms of formula for my taste, but oh well!

Probably would buy again, but, saying that, as I hardly wear it, not sure that will happen anytime soon!

on 3/29/2012 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Although I love the colour, just a beautiful neutral baby pink. It's one of the most streakiest nail polish I've got!
On a usual day, I don't have time to apply 3-4 coats nor do I have the patient to do so.
I wish I could wear this colour more often.

Popular Polishes