August 1, 2014 | 1178 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Allure for women

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2009 12:26:00 PM More reviews by missred2u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a gorgeous perfume. Very warm and sensual. Perfect for fall/winter. One of my favs!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2009 9:38:00 AM More reviews by nelson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One of the most beautiful drop dead gorgeous fragrances i've ever encountered. Sometimes a "drop dead gorgeous" fragrance can get boring and tiresome but this is the perfume that keeps on giving. I think it's up there with Robert Piguet's Fracas in terms of it's floral beauty and complexity, warmth and sexiness. Beyond this description i don't think i could do it justice, just buy it and love it! I have it in the eau de toilette and it is perfectly wearable even during the day and two sprays are more than enough to create a long lasting effect. Would love to give the eau de parfum a try on a daily basis but i've gotta say this has got to be one of best eau de toilette's in terms of staying power, intensity and vibe of subtle feminity it creates, i don't think i'd like it as much if it were stronger. I must admit this is not a particularly cutting edge scent but at the same time is quite modern for a floral scent which in my mind says a lot about the creator of the perfume, nothing has been left to chance with this one, it is quality all the way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2009 5:12:00 AM More reviews by vmelkic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have only sample size so I was trying this on my hand and must admit I like this grandma-reminding perfume. :love:
I would wear it now because it's just so not me, but I think I'll buy it in about 10-15 years or so, if it still will be available. :)

It's really sophisticated, feminine and to some point sexy and it's definitely perfect for warm (not hot) evenings.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2009 12:59:00 PM More reviews by nau

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love this szcent.always got compliments with it even if i don't really smell it on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2009 9:53:00 PM More reviews by dempsj

I don't like this fragrance as much as 'Chance', but it is a very beautiful perfume to wear. Most Chanel perfumes are. It's a bit stronger than chance, but is still nice and subtle to wear to work or out to dinner. The packaging is also very elegant and simple. I would buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2009 11:09:00 PM More reviews by ALBA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I hate this scent with a vengeance. It just reminds me of the 90s, seeing drunk girls with centre partings and cheap clothes, holding their shoes in one hand and a kebab in the other after a trashy night on the town. As another reviewer has said, it's designed to appeal to the masses. That wouldn't be so bad if I really adored it but it doesn't have a 'quality' aura, just a synthetic one. Just because it has the name Chanel on it doesn't make it 'special' for me at all.

The powdery notes in it are my main gripe because they make me want to heave everytime I smell someone drenched in it and whoever is wearing it, always seems to drench rather than dab. Rather than Allure it should be renamed 'Claustrophobia' or 'Migraine'. Those who like this will probably love the equally dreaded and sickly Angel, the old 80s Poison and the most gross of all time, Samsara.

Chance is more appealing because it lacks the powdery notes and it's more youthful and cypre but it's still not enough to make me want to buy a bottle of that either.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2009 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Nickylily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A Chanel I actually like a lot! Very rich and perfumey, but warm and refined. Not stuffy at all. The scent seems to remain the same through out it's life, no top, middle or basenotes. That's a nice change. I do not detect any particular notes, which I usually can. It's more like, hmm this smells good. Very well blended. Please remember to only spray once, otherwise this is just too strong.

UPDATE: I cannot tell you how many intensely positive responses this scent gets from people as long as only a little is used. I have the small parfum version, which I just dab on lightly. Both the parfum and eau de parfum are more vanilla/warm based than the toilette, which is more citrus based.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2009 12:59:00 PM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't buy very many perfumes or wear many perfumes. I guess I'm very picky about scents and very few perfumes resonate with me. This perfume resonated with me. It is a bit strong at first spray--the top notes are strong. I love the smell of this perfume as it fades--the mid notes are heavenly to me. The lasting power of this perfume is really impressive. This is really unlike any other perfumes on the market--it really stands out as unique.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2009 9:41:00 AM More reviews by violette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gosh, this is really lovely & so, well, “alluring”! For me, the scent is the olfactory equivalent of a warm & cozy cashmere sweater, with the quiet, timeless & classic elegance of a luxurious strand of pearl necklace. I LOVE wearing this to bed as it’s definitely one of the most beautiful & comforting smells you can ever wake up to. To my nose, the EDT (which I have) is very, very similar in feel to Coco EDP (another Jacques Polge masterpiece) with the same soft, sensual citrus/floral/powdery character (I haven't smelled the EDP, which they say amps up the bourbon vanilla & downplays the citrus notes, so I'm unable to say how that one compares to Coco). Though I'm really looking forward to try the EDP & pure perfume next, I wouldn't buy the EDT again for two simple reasons: 1) I rarely buy the same perfume twice as I like experimenting with new ones; 2) I have the 100ml bottle (originally a birthday present from my younger sister to my mom about 4 months ago, but ended up being passed on to me as mom no longer wears perfumes these days) & even with the EDT, 1-2 sprays last on me the whole day. Add to that the fact that I have several other full size perfumes & never wear the same one more than 3 days in a row, so I imagine this bottle would probably last me till I'm, oh, 50 or so... haha.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2009 4:16:00 PM More reviews by mmlaser

I received Allure EDT for my birthday and I'm really loving it. The soft vanillic base is so sensual, and as others have noted, lasts and lasts. This smells expensive and classy, but not fussy or 'old lady'. No headaches here.