Chanel Allure for women

on 11/9/2009 2:38:00 PM

One of the rare Chanels that I can actually pull, which means that it is perhaps geared towards relatively low-key audiences that look for comfortable sensuality rather than the edgy million dollar look/smell. Nevertheless, it oozes quality as the soft, fluffy sensation it offers is unique. It is almost linear on me, but in such a way that I wouldn't like it to develop into anything else anyway. It's creamy, very slightly flowery, and kind of bright without ever becoming screechy or super-perfumey - this is often my trouble with Chanel. When I wear this, I always think of white. A whitewashed black and white Maine cottage, a white fluffy blanket on crisp white sheets, a white silk robe. Not so bad sillage and long lasting. I don't have a signature perfume but I feel kind of uncomfortable when I run out of Allure.

on 10/24/2009 8:21:00 PM

This was/is one of my fave perfumes. I'm sad because I ran out and I've never really stuck with one scent for longer than a run or two but this will definitely be re-added to my collection. the scent is so intoxicating and classic. Its a bit strong but I love it for those special occasions. Loved it.

on 10/22/2009 9:13:00 PM

This is the most mature fragrance in my collection. The warm scent simply evokes class and sophistication. It is a really beautiful scent to wear in the night. A little of it goes a long way, so don't over spray or everyone can smell you from a mile away. (:

on 10/22/2009 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I originally had the EDT, and then I bought the refillable purse spray which was EDP and I'd asked someone to buy me the refills dutyfree and they bought me the parfum.

I think I like the EDP better (I liked the effect of the light spray application) but the parfum is a very close second.

This maybe is not going to be a useful review because I'm not sure exactly what the notes of this are on me. Its supposed to be a floral oriental? Well usually I can only wear florals, but occasionally an oriental will work on me, which I really enjoy because sometimes I feel perfumes no matter how they are supposed to smell just turn overly sugary sweet.

Allure is a beautifully complex fragrance that just becomes one with my skin. There apparently is a bit of a 'powdery' feel to this for others? This doesn't come through at all on my skin.

I have smelt this on other people and have not liked it at all... As with all fragrances this is one where individual chemistry will really make or break it.

IMO the sillage isn't overpowering, not where I walk in a room and someone says "oh, you're wearing allure" more the type where I keep enjoying the fragrance all day with the occasional appreciative comment from others.

on 10/22/2009 7:34:00 AM

My first Chanel!!!!!! And I'm 30!!!! Allure is a pretty pretty thing!!!! I didn't make this purchase lightly. I sprayed a card with the EDT (they only had EDP on display so I had to ask the SA to take out the EDT from behind the counter so I could try that because I thought the EDP may be too strong, seeing as this was going to be my first Chanel, lol. The SA seemed unimpressed, telling me they were the same thing, one was just stronger-but we know that's not always the case, don't we ladies?) Anyhoo, I tucked the card in my shopping bag. It seemed strong. When I got home the shopping bag smelled VERY strong of warm flowery powderiness. I thought to myself, Oh it's good I didn't buy this, way too strong. However, i couldn't stop smelling the shopping bag. MMMM it smelled sweet,flowery, pretty- perfumey but comforting. I still wasn't thinking I would buy it, but the scent was growing on me. So comforting and rich smelling. Smells classy and inviting. But is it too strong? Will it dry down into old lady on me? I kept sniffing that bag until Allure ultimately 'lured' me in. I wanted to smell like that, but I would have to be VERRRYYY careful not to overdo it. I own the EDP and the EDT. I prefer the EDT because I find it a bit easier to wear, although the EDP smells very similar, just a bit deeper. I also have the body lotion, which is lovely. As long as this is applied lightly, I find it gorgeous. It's the only Chanel I really like. Give it a try, but beware.....once you smell it it's hard not to buy it!

on 10/4/2009 10:48:00 AM

Maybe it's pretty soon to post, as I just received samples of this in a swap, but I love this scent. Initially I liked Coco Madmoiselle as I thought it was lighter, but it dried too floral for me. I spray just the tiniest bit on my wrists, dab on my neck, and am instantly surrounded with pure gorgeousness. I'm not good at describing fragrances, but it smells very womanly, musky, but still natural. Allure almost becomes part of your skin. I love it.

on 10/1/2009 12:26:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

This is a gorgeous perfume. Very warm and sensual. Perfect for fall/winter. One of my favs!

on 8/29/2009 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

One of the most beautiful drop dead gorgeous fragrances i've ever encountered. Sometimes a "drop dead gorgeous" fragrance can get boring and tiresome but this is the perfume that keeps on giving. I think it's up there with Robert Piguet's Fracas in terms of it's floral beauty and complexity, warmth and sexiness. Beyond this description i don't think i could do it justice, just buy it and love it! I have it in the eau de toilette and it is perfectly wearable even during the day and two sprays are more than enough to create a long lasting effect. Would love to give the eau de parfum a try on a daily basis but i've gotta say this has got to be one of best eau de toilette's in terms of staying power, intensity and vibe of subtle feminity it creates, i don't think i'd like it as much if it were stronger. I must admit this is not a particularly cutting edge scent but at the same time is quite modern for a floral scent which in my mind says a lot about the creator of the perfume, nothing has been left to chance with this one, it is quality all the way.

on 8/29/2009 5:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have only sample size so I was trying this on my hand and must admit I like this grandma-reminding perfume. :love:
I would wear it now because it's just so not me, but I think I'll buy it in about 10-15 years or so, if it still will be available. :)

It's really sophisticated, feminine and to some point sexy and it's definitely perfect for warm (not hot) evenings.

on 8/28/2009 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

love this szcent.always got compliments with it even if i don't really smell it on me.

Popular Fragrances