Mary Kay Satin Hands

4.3

My very favorite hand lotion. I use it everyday. But if you have very dry hands, switch to something with more emollient for night.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I guess that this does have kind of a funky scent, I'd never really thought about it before, but it doesn't bother me. And, the product works really well; it moisturizes like there's no tomorrow and it dries/absorbs to a soft non-greasy texture.

This product is absolutely amazing. I live in a very dry area, and the skin on my hands and fingers was soooo dry. I kept getting hangnails and my cuticles looked aweful. I was going for professional manicures every 2 weeks and nothing really helped until I started using this product. It is awesome, I reccomend it to everyone... Even my dad likes it haha.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have the peach smoothie set, and it smells awful! My friend describes it as a "dirty diaper" smell. Gross!

The scent of this product is awful and it does not smell like peaches as advertised. The hand creme scent is a little overwhelming and made my eyes water as I tried to bed. However, the products work great on my hands and feet. I would repurchase if it were fragrance free or not a floral scent on the creme.

I really dislike the scent of the hand cream. It is very overwhelming. On the plus side, the cream does absorb really well. I would purchase again if it was scent free.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Again, I wish I could rate each piece of this set separately. In case you don't know, MK only sells a newer 3-piece version of this. I received a sample set of the older, 4-piece version, so I know about both. The thing is, the "smoothie scrub" smells great, feels divine, but is very overpriced for something to wash my hands with. The hand cream and extra emollient cream are worth their price, actually the hand cream is a bargain at $8. The extra emollient cream is excellent for winter use anywhere on the body. Because it can feel so greasy on the hands, I mix a small dab of that with the hand cream and massage it in to my hands. It gives the hand cream an extra boost, but doesn't leave them feeling greasy.
BTW, my mother-in-law has an auto-immune disorder that causes her skin to crack and break open at the joints in her hands. She tried perscription creams, vaseline, etc and nothing helped. She got some of the extra emollient cream and within a week, her skin stopped cracking and bleeding. Now, her hands are normal.

I have tried both the older 4 step and new 3 step "peach smoothie" kits. I really like the new packaging (tubes and a pump dispenser) over the old jars as the jars get very slippery and messy. I also love the new scent and the cleanser/exfoliator pump bottle is pretty enough to leave on the counter. I would have preferred all new packaging but keeping 4 steps though. MK combined the exfoliator and cleanser to eliminate a step but I think the old exfoliator worked slightly better. Overall I like the product a lot and it does just what it says it will, so I will repurchase, but especially if its on sale.

Also I think it works better if you use the Hand Lotion for the day as it is on the lighter side, and the Emollient for a night cream if you use it just before bed.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I completely agree with robotica77 on 7/8/2006 7:49:00 AM. Robotica stated it better than I could have.

I received this in a swap and I'm pretty impressed with it. I have the older kit version, which is a 4-step process, compared to the new version which I guess is a 3-step process and smells like a peach smoothie! I just finished my first application and my hands feel extradorinarily soft and smooth, and I thought they were pretty soft before the treatment! I guess I should pamper them more often!

Top Rated Mary Kay Products