September 21, 2014 | 1244 users online

Lips - Jordana - Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by deadonarrivals

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

WOW, these knocked my socks off across the room and down the hall. So many mu companies are making these gloss stains and many are failing. My vote is Jordana. These are so creamy and pigmented. The staying power is quite impressive too. They cost $2.99 so affordable you can buy all the shades. I picked up 3 shades: Tropical Frenzy (cool bright hot pink). Candied Coral (warm peach). Rock n Rouge (orange red). All three shades are beautiful!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by ehawkes10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Jordana Twist & Shine Balm Stain is such a great product! I had been looking for a lip stain that was natural looking, not drying, and something I could wear every day to the office, out on a date, etc. So I applied the stain at 8am before work and I ate, drank, etc. and it is now 2:30pm and the color is still there! Very moisturizing with just a touch of shine and very nice pigmentation! They even smell good! lol. Today I'm wearing the color Honey Love, and it is so gorgeous and 'barely there' sexy. This is my new go-to 'every day' lip stain! I also bought 2 other colors: Candied Coral and Cranberry Crush, which are brighter colors, but still wearable. I haven't worn these out yet, but I did try them on and they look amazing. I'm greatly looking forward to buying more shades. I would highly recommend this product, and for $2.99 a pop you can't pass it up!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by gracie114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

As others have stated, these are excellent quality and have great color payoff. I love the scent, too.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by rc630

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My review is for this product in shade 01 Nude Chic

This product looks very much like the Sally Hansen ColorFast lip tints, in the tube style and look of the actual product. For $2.99, you get 0.095 oz, which is the same as Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains and a little less than the CoverGirl Jumbo Gloss Balms, (each about $8).

Since Revlon's balm stain in Honey turned neon on my lips, I was eager to find a different nude stain. Nude Chic appears in the tube to be a medium cool nude shade. When looking at the sealed package (safety sealed, that's a plus), the plastic of the tube looked almost matte in the store and appeared to have a slight shimmer in natural light, but only with my eye up close to it.

Then I put it on. There is SILVER GLITTER ON MY MOUTH. It's not a frost, it's glitter. There is barely any nude color on my lips, just a wash of FREAKING GLITTER. Nude "Chic" my butt.

It is lightly moisturizing but there is no stain of nude base color left after 30 minutes (yes I left it on that long). Unless glitter counts as a stain, but it doesn't. I might try another shade of this since there seem to be a lot of good reviews floating around, but for now, I have to keep my rating at a 2. The only reason it's not a 1 is because, unlike the SH or CG ones, this product is somewhat moisturizing, and it did not turn crazy colors like the Revlon.

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by ashmiaka

i need more makeup like i need a hole in my head... but i couldn't resist buying 2 of these balm stains (sweet pink and honey love) during the walgreens BOGO 1/2 off sale. sweet pink is a bright yet neutral-ish pink. i found this to be comparable to covergirl's jumbo gloss balm in "watermelon twist" except a little more glossy and perhaps a bit more pigmented. honey love is a neutral berry shade that adds color my lips without making them look too vampy.

both colors are very pigmented, slightly glossy looking, and pretty long-lasting. i can't say that they feel moisturizing on my lips, but at least they don't feel parched. however, after the color fades (leaving behind a nice even stain) a few hours later, my lips do look a little dry. i have found that reapplying after the initial color wears off results in a distortion of the colors... where it becomes deeper, more intense, and not as true to color as the 1st application.

i'm pretty fair (about NC20) and prefer a more neutral / natural look... and actually felt that "sweet pink" was a bit too bright for my everyday taste. i actually prefer the color after it fades (+ a light application of maybelline baby lips). however, i do like "honey love" on its first application. overall, these are without a doubt the best bang for the buck that i've found so far but i have to admit that i'm not as enamored with them as other people seem to be.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by pigmentpro

I am super duper impressed with this product and cant wait to explore more colors!! Really cool packaging as It looks like a huge crayon with a twistable device at the bottom to push up more product. What a genius design for a lipstick as this is something new that ive never seen before. I bought this in the color Candied Coral and the color really pops on my lips as it is not sheer at all. Has a nice shine to it, feels moisturizing, has extreme staying power and rarely needs reapplyment. It has the consistency of a chapstick but wears like a lipstick. Really cool!! This was such a great buy as they were ony $2.99. Supreme product, very impressive and a fun new way to wear lip products!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 10:05:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh my goodness gracious. This stuff. Okay so a couple weeks ago, I bought the Tarte Lipsurgence and upon discovering this gloriousness, I've decided I'm returning the Tarte one because this one does a FAR better job. I like the Tarte one a lot, but I'm tempted to return it now and get a mascara or something instead.
I heard about these on MUA and decided to pop over to Walgreens this morning to pick one up. I decided on two, because these crayons are ridiculously cheap. I got Honey Love and something about Tropical or whatever (it was bright pink), and I immediately put Honey Love on in the car and was blown away. It's the most perfect beigey MLBB shade, and the texture is to die for. It's not super glossy - it's more satiny than anything, but it really makes my lips look healthy and pigmented. (The pigment on these is FAR better than the Tarte ones or any of their other copycats.) And it's a lot more hydrating. Oh man, I love these.
The packaging is basic-looking, but very functional. The bullet feels secure, and I enjoy the twist-up design.
And the price. Do we even need to discuss this? Jordana's prices are ALWAYS amazing, and the quality is on point every time. This is to be expected now for me, seeing as Jordana is owned by my other gleaming beacon of beauty hope, Milani.
5/5 for everything. Love love LOVE.

EDIT 11/20: I'm editing to give a bit of a rundown in terms of color, since I now own every shade except for the coral one. They all perform beautifully across the board.

Terra Crave: Reddened tan/brown. Least favorite color in the bunch, since the orange tones to it clash with my skin, but it performs every bit as well as the other colors.

Cranberry Crush: Second-to-least favorite. The color is pretty in the tube, but some deeper berries don't work with my skintone either. No fault of the product - just a mismatch in terms of color for me.

Honey Love: I love this shade at first, but the stain it leaves behind is a bit too bright. It's odd, because it starts as a gorgeous mauve that looks lovely on my lips. I do love the color of the stain; it's quite flattering, but when I reach for a mauve, it's usually because I'm trying to have a toned-down lip day. Nevertheless, I reach for this one quite often.

Tropical Frenzy: Bright Pink. This is gorgeous in Summer. It's perfect if you want to add a bit of brightness and color to your face at the beach, since the color lasts for hours.

Rock N Rouge: AMAZING dupe of Tarte's LipSurgence pencil in Lust, only with a little added shimmer that is nearly undetectable on my lips unless I look closely, but is enough to give the color some dimension. No feathering, hella good pigmentation. Definitely a terrific glossy red.

Sweet Pink: Pretty "Barbie" pink, but not garish or bright. It gives my lips a lovely cast of light pink, which adds a subtle but healthy glow to my face. Good everyday color.

Nude Chic: My newfound favorite of the bunch. I love the glitter (I'm 30 and I'll never grow out of my glitter obsession and no one should ever feel they have to). The color is a gorgeous beige that sits beautifully against my unpigmented lips, giving them a wonderful nude tint with a plumped, glossy finish. I rarely go for glossy nudes, but this one is so flattering that I never want to take it off. I will likely wear this at my wedding, since the tint stays and stays, and it won't leave color all over my husband-to-be's face after we say our "I do"s. Definitely my new go-to nude, because why bother with liner, lipstick, and gloss when I can get the same effect with one product?

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by lesliexyang

I wrote a review on my blog but I will just say it quickly now!

PROS: true to color (I uploaded the picture in sweet pink)
moisturizing (doesn't dry out lips)
cheap
no weird smell

CONS: none! want more colors!

This beats Revlon's or any other one that I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2013 1:33:00 PM More reviews by Meriel65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was fortunate to hear about this product from MUA; and then I stumbled upon some at a Walgreens on Saturday. There was one left of each color. I chose the Cranberry Crush and the Honey Love. These are outstanding! I like the jumbo twist-up pencil form of these tinted glosses/stains. I have issues with spending a lot of money from the Clinique or Tarte lines, for example. And Tarte ruins the formula with peppermint which is a known photosensitizer and can also cause contact dermatitis.

Revlon's price point is better; but again: the peppermint! Not so good! So then on to Cover Girl: Good price point, no peppermint, and I love what I got, the Plum Twist, though the formula is on the slick side and lacks longevity and there is no stain. B+ to A- if I were grading. Then I tried the new Sally Hansen version. Even better price point, and I like the thicker texture, which lasts longer. I bought 2 at Ulta during a sale, but the colors didn't quite work for me. The red shade was a warmer color tending towards a coral or tomato shade which isn't right for me, and the berry shade was just a bit too pale for me. But overall, a good addition to this type of product.

And now: The Jordana! Excellent formula, no peppermint, a bit of fragrance (like the Sally Hansen version) but nothing overwhelming. Maybe the tiniest bit of shimmer which works for me. The Honey Love is sort of a MLBB, though tending towards a cooler pink and not a true neutral in my opinion. Still very nice for an understated look, or for on the go when you don't have a mirror. The Cranberry Crush I think I might have to hoard if it comes to that. It is what I wished the Revlon Crush/Bitten had been: a lovely cool sheer berry. Really outstanding. I think I may have to try to seek out the Rock-n-Rouge color.

This is a real value and performs as well as or better than others of this type. And for the price of a Clinique or a Tarte, you can get almost all the colors of the Jordana line. I am hoping that if this sells well, they will extend the color line to add a true plum, wine and russet shade. Maybe MUA readers can start writing letters now to the company! Have fun with this!

Update: I did run out and get the Rock-n-Rouge today (and I did write to the company!). This is a fun color. I would not call it a true red, but more of a pink red. I'm trying to be helpful: I would consider this a kind of watermelon pink/red or that "Jolly Rancher" fruit punch red, if that makes sense. Jordana's version of the "chubby stick" has made me so happy! I have small, thin, lined lips and I do best with sheer colors and formulas. Jordana hit the nail on the head in terms of texture--not too thin and slippery, not too heavy--color deposit (a sheer pop of color, with a fair amount of pigment), some staining quality with the deeper colors, and the very inexpensive price point.

20 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by AndreaMCA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am impressed!! Someone raved about these on you tube about how moisturizing they are yet they actually last and even stain your lips. I'm always looking for something that lasts but yet doesn't dry out your lips and is moisturizing. That's what this is like. When you first put it on it's very moisturizing but after a while when the moisture goes away your left with a nice color and stain on your lips. You can even apply lip balm on the stain and there's still a lot of color. I love these! Well, I only purchased one to try it out but I'm definitely going back for more.