December 21, 2014 | 1601 users online

Lips - Jordana - Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

For the price and quality, these are such a great value. I've heard that Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains are a great dupe for Tarte's Lip Surgence and I have all of those, but these are better because they don't have the drying peppermint and feel a lot more like a balm. Just wish they had SPF. I also like the colors of these better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have 4 of these and I LUUUUUURVE them! (The other 4 shades were out of stock and I have them on order).
The kid in me rejoices at the crayon like appearance and as a geek, I adore the twist up base mechanism - no waste either, which is always a bonus. The formula is a dream; slick, smooth, not waxy, moisturizing and smells faintly like fruit candy. Yum.
The stick of balm itself is quite firm, you can use it several times before the point even begins to blunt and you only require a small amount for each application. You can layer it to intensify the colour or just swipe on lightly for a gentle tint. The colour lasts really well, especially if you've worked the colour into your lips a bit - it's 2.30pm as I write this and there is still faint colour left from my initial application at 8am this morning. It lasted OK through eating lunch, though it has faded quite a bit (evenly at least) and could do with refreshing. For a $4 product, that is amazing performance and value!
Honey Love - a pinky mauve shade, very wearable, a bit more intense that MLBB on me
Cranberry Crush - a gorgeous plummy berry, probably my favourite!
Tropical Frenzy - vivid, cool coral pink, quite bright
Rock N Rouge - clean, sheer red
All apply evenly and semi sheerly and can be layered for added intensity and lasting power. Light, inoffensive sweet fragrance, no taste.
My only (teeny, tiny) little gripe is that the lids don't "click" shut - they seem to stay on OK in my makeup bag (so far, touch wood) but the lid just seems to pull on and off without actually snapping shut completely securely, like a lipstick would.
Will be ordering these for all my close friends as well, they are just so fun!
More colours please Jordana!
EDIT - got the other shades!
Terra Crave is a natural, russet based neutral, not too peachy or brown with just enough pink in it to look flattering.
Candied Coral - the tube is very neon, the product itself is still bright but wearable. Lovely corally pink, very vivid.
Sweet Pink, medium, bright blue based pink, with a slightly dusky tone.
Nude Chic - great neutral toned nude, the colour itself has amazing depth but this also has fine silver shimmer and I'm not sure why... am undecided on whether this is a good thing or completely unnecessary as it appears to be the only shade in the range with shimmer.
Overall, I love these!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by catnip777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love, love, love these. I have the red, nude, honey, terra crave- great shades for me. They are super easy to apply, moisturize and give a hint of color. The red (rock n rouge?) is a great shade for those who are dipping a toe into the world of wearing red lip color. It gives a wonderful suggestion of red color on the lips, but isn't "HEY EVERYBODY LOOK AT MY RED LIPS!".

I would highly recommend you pick these up and I will buy some backups.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Breana529

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I happened upon these suckers when I was perusing my local Walgreen's make-up counter. I hadn't heard of these products before or even knew if they would be decent, but for $2.99, I had to try them out. I have small lips and so often times I am slightly disappointed with how different lip products look like on my lips. So, I have been staring at the Revlon kissable balm stains every time I walk into a drugstore, but I can never bring myself to spend almost $10 on a lip product I may or may not like. That being said, I tried the Jordana Twist and Shine moisturizing balm stains, and I have to say, I LOVE THEM. I want all of the colors. These are super pigmented and really do leave stain on your lips, hours after one application. The one thing I will say is that these can be a little drying (like all lip stains), so I like to apply a lip balm before I apply these to my lips and then carry a lip gloss in my purse for any time I feel my lips are getting a bit dry. These are perfect for working women. Your lips have color all day and Jordana has great colors! I have Candied Coral and Sweet Pink. I love them both! Sweet Pink is very work appropriate. Ok, that was long winded; I know. Now, go out and get you some!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by deadonarrivals

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

WOW, these knocked my socks off across the room and down the hall. So many mu companies are making these gloss stains and many are failing. My vote is Jordana. These are so creamy and pigmented. The staying power is quite impressive too. They cost $2.99 so affordable you can buy all the shades. I picked up 3 shades: Tropical Frenzy (cool bright hot pink). Candied Coral (warm peach). Rock n Rouge (orange red). All three shades are beautiful!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by ehawkes10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Jordana Twist & Shine Balm Stain is such a great product! I had been looking for a lip stain that was natural looking, not drying, and something I could wear every day to the office, out on a date, etc. So I applied the stain at 8am before work and I ate, drank, etc. and it is now 2:30pm and the color is still there! Very moisturizing with just a touch of shine and very nice pigmentation! They even smell good! lol. Today I'm wearing the color Honey Love, and it is so gorgeous and 'barely there' sexy. This is my new go-to 'every day' lip stain! I also bought 2 other colors: Candied Coral and Cranberry Crush, which are brighter colors, but still wearable. I haven't worn these out yet, but I did try them on and they look amazing. I'm greatly looking forward to buying more shades. I would highly recommend this product, and for $2.99 a pop you can't pass it up!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by gracie114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

As others have stated, these are excellent quality and have great color payoff. I love the scent, too.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by rc630

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My review is for this product in shade 01 Nude Chic

This product looks very much like the Sally Hansen ColorFast lip tints, in the tube style and look of the actual product. For $2.99, you get 0.095 oz, which is the same as Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains and a little less than the CoverGirl Jumbo Gloss Balms, (each about $8).

Since Revlon's balm stain in Honey turned neon on my lips, I was eager to find a different nude stain. Nude Chic appears in the tube to be a medium cool nude shade. When looking at the sealed package (safety sealed, that's a plus), the plastic of the tube looked almost matte in the store and appeared to have a slight shimmer in natural light, but only with my eye up close to it.

Then I put it on. There is SILVER GLITTER ON MY MOUTH. It's not a frost, it's glitter. There is barely any nude color on my lips, just a wash of FREAKING GLITTER. Nude "Chic" my butt.

It is lightly moisturizing but there is no stain of nude base color left after 30 minutes (yes I left it on that long). Unless glitter counts as a stain, but it doesn't. I might try another shade of this since there seem to be a lot of good reviews floating around, but for now, I have to keep my rating at a 2. The only reason it's not a 1 is because, unlike the SH or CG ones, this product is somewhat moisturizing, and it did not turn crazy colors like the Revlon.

6 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by ashmiaka

i need more makeup like i need a hole in my head... but i couldn't resist buying 2 of these balm stains (sweet pink and honey love) during the walgreens BOGO 1/2 off sale. sweet pink is a bright yet neutral-ish pink. i found this to be comparable to covergirl's jumbo gloss balm in "watermelon twist" except a little more glossy and perhaps a bit more pigmented. honey love is a neutral berry shade that adds color my lips without making them look too vampy.

both colors are very pigmented, slightly glossy looking, and pretty long-lasting. i can't say that they feel moisturizing on my lips, but at least they don't feel parched. however, after the color fades (leaving behind a nice even stain) a few hours later, my lips do look a little dry. i have found that reapplying after the initial color wears off results in a distortion of the colors... where it becomes deeper, more intense, and not as true to color as the 1st application.

i'm pretty fair (about NC20) and prefer a more neutral / natural look... and actually felt that "sweet pink" was a bit too bright for my everyday taste. i actually prefer the color after it fades (+ a light application of maybelline baby lips). however, i do like "honey love" on its first application. overall, these are without a doubt the best bang for the buck that i've found so far but i have to admit that i'm not as enamored with them as other people seem to be.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by pigmentpro

I am super duper impressed with this product and cant wait to explore more colors!! Really cool packaging as It looks like a huge crayon with a twistable device at the bottom to push up more product. What a genius design for a lipstick as this is something new that ive never seen before. I bought this in the color Candied Coral and the color really pops on my lips as it is not sheer at all. Has a nice shine to it, feels moisturizing, has extreme staying power and rarely needs reapplyment. It has the consistency of a chapstick but wears like a lipstick. Really cool!! This was such a great buy as they were ony $2.99. Supreme product, very impressive and a fun new way to wear lip products!!