July 31, 2014 | 2022 users online

Stick - Maybelline - Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2014 3:08:00 AM More reviews by mwuah908

Okay product. It was very promising and I wished it worked out for me. It was difficult for me to find a shade because it didn't have the yellow undertones I was hoping for. It also made me very oily :( Really easy to apply and blend though.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Lrc1024

So I usually never wear face makeup. But I decided cause I was going to a party. Anyways this stuff is decent. I love how it doesn't look cakey no matter how much I put on! I used it to hide some acne scars & it really did a good job evening out my skin. I have pretty oily skin and this almost felt like a clay like texture but I did like it. Love how it's so easy to blend and the packaging is perfect. easy to carry around for touch ups! It felt like I wasn't wearing any makeup and that's what I loved. It's light but buildable coverage which is good cause I did add extra in problem areas. One thing I didn't like is it definitely shows your dry patches, so be sure to exfoliate and moisturize well. I would buy it again but definitely not one of my faves.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Fark222

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm all about convenience, so love the concept of a foundation stick. Since multiple brands were introducing their own foundation sticks this year, I thought I might do a trial run with Maybelline's more cost-effective version before diving into a more expensive product.

Pros:
- I swatched the colour (#110) in the drugstore and it matched my skin fairly well. Since I have pinky undertones to my very fair skin, it's hard to find a shade of foundation that isn't meant for more yellow undertones.
- The packaging, obviously, is ideal. Something you can just throw in your bag and you don't have to worry about leaking, or bulkiness.
- Since the foundation comes in the form of a stick it is fairly multi-purpose. I could swipe it under my eyes to use as a concealer if I wanted to.

Cons:
- The formula provides extremely light coverage and actually manages to highlight the dry skin around my forehead.
- The application is also fairly streaky and hard to blend. I can't tell whether it is because my skin is too dry, but I am pretty diligent in my skincare routine that it shouldn't be too hard to blend in any sort of product.

Overall, the foundation stick is a good idea in theory, but Maybelline's execution of it was poor. I'm not entirely abandoning the idea, but I'm definitely considering more high end brands for the next time around.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Sophiee1806

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been wanting to try this out for a few weeks and bought it a few days ago. i like it, I'm in a rush most mornings and its so much easier to apply that a liquid. the coverage is good enough and if you blend it in properly, theres really no need for concealer.

i have dry skin around my nose, and it didn't do that any justice, but so far i haven't found a foundation that does, so it didn't really bother me.
it definitely isn't anti-shine though, so i have to put a powder on top to set it and keep it on all day, otherwise it does fade, like most foundations though.
its a great size, so i can just put it in my bag, and if i do need to touch up during the day, its very quick and easy
for a drugstore brand, and for the price, i think its a pretty good product overall.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by MellyRocker

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was so sick of liquid foundations so I thought What could be easier than a stick?!
It IS easier. Just glide on and blend with your finger. Although I have to mention that color matching was a toughy. I had to pick 210 which is a bit too light for me, but then the next shade was a bit too dark...
PROs: It is easy to apply and FAST too. I use it all the time because usually there's no one to impress so why not? ;)

CONs:
I do have to say that the whole "This thing doesn't move an inch because it has a shine-free core" is a bit overrated. It WILL because shiny on my nose. So I don't even use it on my nose cuz it is sure to become oily there. I use it on the cheek area around my nose and it works fine there. At first when you apply it, it seems a bit too dry. But over the day it will become more...normal looking. It doesn't become SUPER oily or shiny for me on my cheek area, but just a little bit, but I like that because at least it doesn't look dry. That's just my preference.

Overall I love it mostly because its fast and easy.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by BigBeauty

I really wanted to like this product, but it made my face cakey and dry. It looked terrible. Especially around my nose area. The coverage was pretty decent and it masked my dark under eye circles. Still not worth the time or money. Two thumbs down.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by jmara

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I should have known better than to buy this product before reading the Makeup Alley reviews.

This ranks as simply the worst foundation I have ever bought and I will return it to Ulta in the next couple of days. The packaging is a good idea, yes, and the price is o.k., but once I tried it on my face at home, it very dramatically emphasized every single line and wrinkle, as well as some I didn't even know I had!! Plus, it cakes horribly, I felt like I had a mask on my face.

All in all, a total waste of money. Awful product. Don't even bother!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by winniedahpooh

I adore this product. I didn't purchase it for a full coverage product, so if that's what you're expecting, you will probably be disappointed. it's a very nice buildable to medium foundation. It's great for everyday and its super easy to apply. Its not very anti-shine, but it also does not make me more oily. I definitely have to set it with a powder, but with a powder it lasts for a good 9-10 hours.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by TristaJean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Let's start with the things that I did like: I liked the packaging for this product. The tube was easy to apply, and very portable. The price was slightly cheaper than most other foundations. Looked decent in pictures. buildable coverage.

Now for the bad: Cakey, cakey, cakey. My skin is combination, but gets oily throughout the day. This stuff clung to any dry skin I had, and made it look horrible. Coverage was iffy, yet buildable. Unfortunately for me, no matter how lightly I applied this it looked cakey and made my skin look horrible. It didn't do much for me in the shin department either.

Overall, I would not repurchase and am not satisfied with this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by snappalicious

This is a great product to use for everyday since it is so fast. The coverage is medium and decently long lasting. However, I do have to re-apply in the afternoon since I will start to see redness coming through. It hasn't broken me out and I really think that the "anti-shine" core does work to some extent. Highly recommend for the price as an easy everyday product to even out skin tone.