Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

3.4

OUTER CORE Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Diisostearyl Malate, Ozokerite, Polyvinyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene Carbonate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer [+/- May Contain Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides, Mica] F.I.L. D158948/1. INNER CORE Ingredients: Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cera Microcristallina / Microcrystalline Wax, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer [+/- May Contain Mica, Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides] F.I.L. D158947/1

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

The foundation itself does not wow me. It has medium coverage and a nice texture, but it needs to be reapplied every 3 or 4 hours, even with a good primer underneath. I am lucky, though, because it happens that the Fit Me line includes my most perfect color match ever--I got this in #220 "Natural Beige" for reference--which makes this foundation stick THE most practical, convenient product ever. I can swipe it on during my morning commute and blend with my fingers and know I won't have any obvious lines. However, because I know color match isn't something to rate the quality of a product on, I'm taking off 2 lippies.
Bottom line: the stick makes this a great product to keep in your purse for touch ups, but this will never be my go-to foundation since its staying power is horrendous.

EDIT: I forgot I had this. I started using it again the other day and I think the stick itself must have oxidized because it is NOT the same color as it was when I bought it. Threw it away.

on 7/22/2014 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just bought my 2nd tube, I like this a lot. the packaging is cute and simple and is so easy to apply. The only downside I see is that it fades pretty quickly. This foundation is so light and perfect for summer.

on 7/10/2014 5:18:00 PM

This product is good for the following reasons:
1. Sheer to medium coverage unlike many foundation sticks which provide full coverage.
2. Matte but still very natural looking.
3. Wide variety of shades so you could own some to contour and highlight.
4. Very easy to blend with fingers or a brush.
5. Reasonably priced
6. Portable and convenient for touch ups.

I use the shade 220 for my NC30 skin and it looks great.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

this product was amazing for my super oily, acne prone skin. it stayed all day (even in heat!) and kept me matte for a long time. it is a great foundation, I love it!

on 7/3/2014 8:39:00 AM

I have suffered from Rosacea for 40 years and have been searching endlessly for a foundation that does not make me break out, and ladies, this is it. This product stays on, doesn't clog pores, no breakouts. I am sixty years old and its been a long time coming. Stay away from all powders, bare minerals, Cover Fx etc they will make your rosacea crazy. Bismuth oxycholoride is in most of these products a known rosacea irritant, the makers of cover fx ought to know better they are dermatologists.

Thank you Maybelline.............

on 7/2/2014 10:47:00 PM

UPDATED: I love how its really creamy and easy to blend it my skin :) really enjoying this foundation :D

Update : So as much as I like this I hate how it just broke in half

==============================================================

I got the Maybelline stick foundation in 220 , I like that its in a stick because it just glides on my face is and is easy to blend . its really good for traveling . its light coverage if you apply one application but it you add two layers then you get med- to full coverage . I apply mine with powder so leave it less shinny . I would maybe buy it again if it would make me look oily

Pros -
Glides on easy
Good for people just starting off with makeup
Last long
Covers redness really well

Cons -
Makes you look oily or shinny
Needs to be set with powder
Makes dry skin look oily
Shows pore

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This foundation didn't break me out! The first of a few I've used. My skin is seriously acne prone (I think especially to titanium dioxide- an ingredient found in majority of foundations and powders) and this foundation didn't give me any acne! This has medium to full coverage (depends on how you apply) and is easy to blend. I don't think this kept me 'shine-free' but it didn't make me oily either. The price was reasonable ($15 Australia) but the packaging seemed a little tacky. I found my broke at the base when I brought it out with me :/
Overall I recommend this foundation and would repurchase.

on 6/29/2014 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This foundation is one of my holy grails. The actual product is great because it's the perfect amount of coverage for me (sheer-medium) and is very build able. I only have this product 4 lipsticks because I wouldn't say this is a shine free foundation because I still have to set it with a powder so I stay matte, but to me, it isn't a problem since I always set my makeup with a powder. The price would be one lipstick, but it makes no sense to me that the liquid foundation is cheaper then the stick form, even though there is less product in the stick form. Lastly the packaging isn't the greatest because the cap cracked and now the product doesn't close securely, unless I tape the cracked part. Although there are some problems with this foundation, it is still my HG because of the actual foundation.

on 6/27/2014 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I just finished up a tube of this stuff today. Basically, I can't tell a difference in oil control, which it claims to: control oil. My shade for the summer is 220. The finish is okay, at best medium and that's if you build it up and even then, some of my redness shows through it. Packaging is great and convenient, no problems at all with the design. I've just been wearing it a lot lately to the gym, errands, etc. so I can use it up and move on. It's jush... meh. Moving on. I wouldn't buy again.

on 6/24/2014 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I really wanted to love this foundation, and I'll admit that it is beautiful as you apply it. The color selection is great and it was a perfect match for my very fair skin. As many have said, it's super convenient to apply because of the stick form. It left my face looking natural but perfected... for about twenty or thirty minutes.

I do not have overly oily skin, and I usually have good luck with foundations lasting all day, but for some reason this formula just slides right off my face. I've tried it so many ways, looking for one to work - with moisturizer & primer, just moisturizer, just primer, and completely alone - no matter what I do, the staying power just isn't there.

I do live in the south where it's ungodly hot and humid, so I'm not sure if the climate would have something to do with it, but I've even tried it when I know I'm just going to sit around the house and it STILL doesn't last.

Also, I started to see some breakouts forming the last few times I tried to use it. Something to note if you're acne-prone.

Popular Stick Foundations