Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

4.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

***NEW FORMULA: sweet almond oil, beeswax, lemon peel oil, cocoa seed butter, candelilla wax, tocopherol, sunflower seed oil, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, beta-carotene, canola oil, vegetable oil. ***ORIGINAL FORMULA: Sweet Almond Oil, Beeswax, Lemon Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol Vitamin E, Cocoa Butter, Candelilla Wax, Rosemary Extract, Beta Carotene

on 12/7/2012 12:58:00 AM

This makes my nails look great for hours-just rub it in to cuticles. Lasts forever, love the lemon smell. I keep a tin in my purse and use on the go.

on 12/5/2012 12:43:00 AM

This works like a dream, my cuticles love it even the rough dry patch on my finger (I write alot) is softer. I highly recommend this. Let me warn you, this stuff's addictive! Could be because of the scent :)

Bought it online (overseas) because it's way too overpriced locally.Was still a little expensive for my budget, but hey I'm buying it overseas I have to pay for shipping and whatnot (but still cheaper locally by about 40%). Local Burt's Bees sell it for RM41, I bought it through an online spree for RM26, just some info for Malaysians out there!

on 12/4/2012 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

SUCH A GREAT CUTICLE CREAM!! My cuticles are SO DRY and this stuff is the only product that keeps them moisturized and heals any cracked, peeling skin around my nails. I love this product so much. It's very moisturizing and smells amazing. A little goes a long way! I love the look of the tin but it also can be a challenge to open sometimes. I've kept this product by my bedside for 3 years now!

on 11/15/2012 3:27:00 PM

This is my FAVORITE cuticle cream!!

I love the quality, scent and price... This product stays in my purse and goes all over the place with me. Such a great thing for when my nails are professionally done, helps preserve the nail longer and that is great on the wallet. On my natural nail it keeps them hydrated and they look pink and healthy!! I usually use enough that I can work it up my fingers and slightly over my hands and then I follow with lotion and never feel sticky.

Great gift for somebody too!

on 11/6/2012 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I got this maybe 2 yrs ago, but stopped using it b/c I didn't like. Turns out, this was not the problem. I recently got into taking better care of my nails and decided to give this another try with my new found knowledge. I must say, my cuticles have not looked better (altho they were pretty awful before, so my standards aren't very high). This can be a bit greasy and I'm not a fan of scented products, so I usually just use this at night before I go to sleep. Smells like frozen lemonade, so it's really not bad. This is so affordable, effective, and easy to use.

on 11/4/2012 8:28:00 PM

This is a nice cuticle cream, but I wish it still came in a jar. Other than the packaging, it's moisturizing, and I like the lemon scent...makes it enjoyable to use. Still, I would not say it is the best ever. Simple shea butter does the same thing, and some brands even have the same exact waxy texture - stays where you put it and melts into your skin. So I probably won't repurchase, because I can get 5 times the amount of shea butter for the same price. And it won't be in a ridiculous tin that is often a pain in the butt to open.

on 11/4/2012 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This was my old review - This is for the old formula product. I like this cuticle cream. Love the scent of lemons. I had bought a tin some years back and it lasted a while. This was before BB got acquired by the giant c/o. Wouldn't buy the new formula cream.

Update - Well, i did buy a new tin. This cream is good for healing the skin around the nails and cuticles. I have a bad habit of peeling away skin around any nicks or cuts on my finger. This causes those areas to bleed and hurt. Using the cuticle cream results in a soothing effect on the cut areas. However I still like the older formula.

Of course, the cream is super expensive...Opening the tin can be exasperating and troublesome at times and that puts me from using the cream.

Maybe there is some technique in opening the lid.....

I've been using this for about three years, and I think it's a really good product-definitely a 'gateway drug' as far as cuticle care is concerned. I have a mini tin on my desk at work and a full size on the coffee table at home. A tin lasts a very long time.
I find the tin pretty easy to use and don't really have trouble getting the lid off. It also stays clean inside and survives in the junkgle of the handbag quite well. A lot of people don't like the smell, but it doesn't bother me at all.
I find myself experimenting with oils and other balms a lot more, but Burt's still has a place in my heart. It's thicker than most, so I use it overnight or if I know it will be a long time until I can moisturise my cuticles. I also use it to seal in lighter oils.

on 10/28/2012 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For those of you who don't remember....this used to come in a jar with a screw on/off lid. It's true! I still have my jar to depot the product from the tin. The jar was a full ounce...wish they'd bring it back! I want to say that what comes in the tin may be a different consistency but as far as cuticle care, I love this! My cuticles are so ratty looking without it despite buying every product known to women...this has been the best. I use it every night and my cuticles look great! I do apply a few times a day as well after washing my hands. For winter, this is a must have but I will add this is the only Burt's Bees product I actually like.

on 10/9/2012 12:31:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

The tin! It's so hard to open, even after the redesign. If you already have the cream on your fingers, look out. It's never coming open again.
Well, maybe it isn't that dire. The product its self is pretty good. It does not absorb as fast as oils though, so it's better for nighttime/bedtime use. If you are sensitive to smells, steer clear. After years of using this, the smell has gotten on my nerves.

Popular Treatments