November 27, 2014 | 1452 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Expert Eyes Twin Brow & Eye Pencils

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2009 5:56:00 PM More reviews by TheMadameDex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love these! One of my best drugstore bargains. I use the taupe-colored "blonde" pencils, and have found when doing makeup for friends/relatives that they work on just about anyone from platinum to med. brunette. Blonde is not too yellow or too ashy. The only drawback is having to sharpen these, but I don't mind. I find "manual" pencils often have better texture and blendability than "automatic". For the best natural effect when filling in the brows, use brushstrokes: start at the peaks, work toward the outer arch of brow, and then go back and fill in where the brow begins. Comb thru with a spoolie, and voila!
(I work in dept. store cosmetics and often recommend these pencils to customers when they're having trouble finding something "just right" for brows- but don't tell my bosses!)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2009 9:46:00 PM More reviews by celymoon

I've been using this eyeliner since I was in highschool. I used to borrow it from my mom and use it as eyeliner and on my brows. Since then I've gone through a number of different product for my eyebrows and haven't really found anything worth the extra cash, so I keep using this. It gives me a very natural look and fills out my brows really well. The only use I have for it is as a brow pencil since using it as eyeliner is pretty crappy. It gets all smudged and runny at the corner of the eyes. However, it's a great brow pencil and for the price - under $4 for two - you can't go wrong!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2008 7:23:00 AM More reviews by babydollnot4u

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using the blonde pencil and love, love it. I have fairly light eyebrows and had been using MAC Fling with success, although I didn't like paying the $13 every month or so. This is a cheaper version that you can actually sharpen! I believe I paid around $3 for the twin pack that will last me about 3 months. Would purchase over and over again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2008 3:27:00 AM More reviews by mmmgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Although the color is okay, this only lasts 2 hours on me before it fades. Also it tends to crumble sometimes. I haven't tried that many brow pencils, so I'm hoping I'll find something else that lasts longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2008 8:28:00 PM More reviews by chippergal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

My HG eyebrow pencil. I have dark brown hair and the blonde pencil actually works rather well for me (but would totally work for those with lighter eyebrows too). I have tried everything, from Christian Dior, to MAC, to Benefit and this pencils are by far the best (and cheapest!). They have a great soft quality too them and help to fill in my skimpy brows without looking too "pencil-y". Love, love, love! And the best part, you get two in a pack. One for the vanity and one for your purse. Fabulous!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2008 7:08:00 PM More reviews by wiccawonder

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product they are soft but not to soft where they break when using gently or sharpening. I use these to fill in my brows while they grow out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2008 10:54:00 PM More reviews by bibiancheng

i love the price~! i love the color blonde~! very natural, comparable to my Chanel one (which costs 27), Thanks my pretty coworker for introducing this to me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2008 9:42:00 PM More reviews by suzicole

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

At first (many years ago) I didn't like these because the dark brown was too red. But now I draw in my brows with the dark brown and then lightly go over with black and the color is perfect.
They stay on better than any others I've seen, all of which are much more expensive... sometimes the classics are best (but I still wish they made a dark brown that wasn't reddish)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2008 4:11:00 AM More reviews by RedheadDior

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have dyed red hair and the auburn is way too red for my brows and light brown is way too light so I've found medium brown to be perfect. I only use this on my browns because its way too hard to use on lids. Lasts a long time. It's an oldie but a goodie.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2008 9:49:00 AM More reviews by jlcana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Finally, a blonde pencil that doesn't look reddish on me! My natural brows are a dark blonde color but a little sparse. Just pencil it on and brush lightly with brow brush to blend, easy! Please don't just pencil it on and leave it, that's too harsh. Last pretty much all day but I have drier skin anyway.