September 20, 2014 | 929 users online

Treatments - Blue Cross - Cuticle Remover

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2007 10:29:00 AM More reviews by gigglemommy

While i already love Sally Hansen's Instant Cuticle Remover (in the blue bottle), i just had to try this. the bottle is ENORMOUS for the price, and it has great reviews. i'm glad i did! while i prefer the gel consistancy of the SH one, i think the Blue Cross one works just as well if not better, once i got used to it.
First of all, it's a liquid and very drippy. The first time i used it i got it everywhere, and tried to let it sit for a couple of minutes like i did with the SH. mistake. it completely dried, making it uncomfortable to scrape and not much came off when i did. the trick is to just do one nail at a time, one drop, and scrape immediately. it really does remove alot of gunk that way, i'm digging it now! i think i'll switch to this because it's so much cheaper and works so well.
it's ingredients are-
Water, Caustic Potash (Potassium Hydroxide), Calcium Carrageenan, oil, and lanolin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2006 6:00:00 PM More reviews by frgrl616

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was curious about this bottle that I always saw at sally's beauty supply and as well as the unmarked bottle of off white liquid that the manicurist always seems to use when grooming my cuticles...I consulted my handy dandy MUA productville and I was convinced! This is hands down, the most effective cuticle treatment I've ever used...my cuticles grow at an alarming rate and this stuff is the only thing that softens/dissolves them enough for me to get rid of them w/o tearing up my cuticles leaving hang nails the next day. Rush out and buy yourself a bottle of Blue Cross Cuticle Remover today!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2006 12:01:00 AM More reviews by mcmunson

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I first learned of this years ago from my manicurist. It's the best cuticle remover I've ever tried. I put a couple of TBSPs in a Dixie cup and add a splash of warm water, soak my fingertips for a few minutes and then my cuticles are soft and easy to push back. I use my fingernail to scrape crud off other nails and a nipper to trim loose skin. This stuff is dirt cheap and a bottle lasts forever. Also good for pedicures. Just remember to wash it off thoroughly--it has some ingredient in it that can irritate if left on too long.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2002 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Cinnamon1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the only cuticle-remover product I've tried that actually does anythng. I don't know what kind of horrible acid is in this stuff, but it just dissolves your dead cuticles and turns them into this white, slimy stuff. I put Blue Cross on, push my cuticles back from my nails with a pusher, and scrub the rest off with a nail brush. It works so well, I hardly ever have to use the nippers. And at $5 for a huge bottle from Sally, it's cheap and lasts forever.