Essence I Love Extreme Crazy Volume

on 12/24/2013 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I must say, I was intrigued by the packaging, the cheap price and the fact that you get sooo much product in the large and tall tube. I really did not like the brush / wand when I 1st pulled it out tho. However, I carried on and applied it to my lashes and did get some crazy volume, ha! I only kept it for about 3 days before I tossed it tho. It made my lashes stick together, feel glue like but worst of all, my eye-lashes fell out like crazy upon removal. It just wasn't for me as I must have an allergy of some sort to it. I was fine with their "Get Big Lashes (Volume Boost) Mascara", just not this one. Anyhow, needless to say, I will not be re-purchasing this paticular mascara.

on 12/22/2013 9:05:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've already bought this mascara twice and I love it! It adds extraordinary length and volume and somehow it's become the first mascara I grab when I'm doing my make up. It builds on the lashes and creates a full,blacker than black,dramatic effect. For that price, I would buy a whole carton to stock! Only downside for me is that it's dry and a bit difficult to remove. It dries out for good when it does. Mine did after almost 6 months,so I guess that's ok,but I felt like I didn't use it all. Anyway, it does miracles for my lashes and I will buy it again and again as long as I find it in stores. Love the tube too,so girly,stands out in my makeup bag!

on 12/16/2013 10:55:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Um, this stuff is AMAZING. Makes my lashes look long, dark, and thick. Doesn't irritate my eyes at all (which is a HUGE pro) and isn't clumpy from my experience. It's my favourite mascara ever and for $4, it's a steal! I live in Canada and I buy it from Shoppers Drug Mart. :D

on 12/16/2013 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is the perfect mascara for a young girl's night out with her friends. It does give extreme crazy volume, but it does not give extreme crazy definition. In my experience, it was a little clumpy and hard to work with. The wand is very big, which makes it hard achieve a natural look. But if natural isn't what you're going for--by all means, try this out! It's cheap and effective.

on 11/19/2013 1:35:00 PM

********Pros********

very affordable price,
available in supermarkts
easy to apply
GREAT volume
very black

********Cons********

can smudge HORRIBLY on oil eye lids
tends to clamp a little bit but can be fixed with a lash comb
VERY difficult to wash out

I am actually hesitating whether I should repurchase it when I run out of all the mascaras someday. For me it's intolerable that it smudges so much, but the super volume it gives makes me somehow unable to hate it. I would say it's worth trying, after all, the price doesn't hurt to give it try. Maybe it will even become the HG for many people.

on 11/19/2013 7:30:00 AM

Wow just wow! I've been looking for a lengthening and volume mascara after trying rimmel and maybeline. This did not disappoint! One coat and the super black formula made a huge difference ! Makes it look like I'm almost wearing falsies! It has a long thing with little spikes brush which grabs a lot of lash. Yes the formula is wet but not as much as the rimmel lash accelerator and I find it doesn't smudge onto my eyelid to majorly at all. Definitely impressed one coat difference. In terms of clump I will admit the formula can be slightly clumpy but there very tiny and can look a bit spidery. If this mascara separated a bit more it'd probably be nearly perfect, but I just use another mascara over the top to separate. Easy to remove and I didn't notice any flaking . Very impressed for the price this will be a definite repurchase,! Also in terms of drying i didn't notice mine dried but there not in a proper package and the seal is easily broken. Also it doesn't seem to have as tight a screw top lid as some mascaras but for the price it's easy to replace.

on 11/18/2013 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This makes my skimpy lashes look like falsies.
I will update concerning wear and tear but first impressions count!

I give the packaging a 1 because the tube isn't sealed.

on 11/12/2013 8:10:00 AM

Better than They're real by benefit! You can remove this easier!

on 11/6/2013 1:26:00 PM

It dries out really fast and it just disappointed me :(

on 10/17/2013 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I read that this dries up quickly, and that is DEFINITELY true.
Essence doesn't have seals or packaging on their mascaras, so CHECK before you buy. I should have noticed that it was pretty dry.
When it's dry, it does nothing. It isn't useable at all. I'm looking forward to trying a brand new one - but for now I'm giving this a 3, simply for how fast it dries out. I'll review again when I try one that isn't dried out.

Top Rated Essence Products