February 26, 2015 | 1860 users online

easy to apply
GREAT volume
very black

********Cons********

can smudge HORRIBLY on oil eye lids
tends to clamp a little bit but can be fixed with a lash comb
VERY difficult to wash out

I am actually hesitating whether I should repurchase it when I run out of all the mascaras someday. For me it's intolerable that it smudges so much, but the super volume it gives makes me somehow unable to hate it. I would say it's worth trying, after all, the price doesn't hurt to give it try. Maybe it will even become the HG for many people.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2013 7:30:00 AM More reviews by rachelk94

Wow just wow! I've been looking for a lengthening and volume mascara after trying rimmel and maybeline. This did not disappoint! One coat and the super black formula made a huge difference ! Makes it look like I'm almost wearing falsies! It has a long thing with little spikes brush which grabs a lot of lash. Yes the formula is wet but not as much as the rimmel lash accelerator and I find it doesn't smudge onto my eyelid to majorly at all. Definitely impressed one coat difference. In terms of clump I will admit the formula can be slightly clumpy but there very tiny and can look a bit spidery. If this mascara separated a bit more it'd probably be nearly perfect, but I just use another mascara over the top to separate. Easy to remove and I didn't notice any flaking . Very impressed for the price this will be a definite repurchase,! Also in terms of drying i didn't notice mine dried but there not in a proper package and the seal is easily broken. Also it doesn't seem to have as tight a screw top lid as some mascaras but for the price it's easy to replace.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by PaleBrunette

This makes my skimpy lashes look like falsies.
I will update concerning wear and tear but first impressions count!

I give the packaging a 1 because the tube isn't sealed.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2013 8:10:00 AM More reviews by madaisy

Better than They're real by benefit! You can remove this easier!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Namaranamara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It dries out really fast and it just disappointed me :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by akneil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I read that this dries up quickly, and that is DEFINITELY true.
Essence doesn't have seals or packaging on their mascaras, so CHECK before you buy. I should have noticed that it was pretty dry.
When it's dry, it does nothing. It isn't useable at all. I'm looking forward to trying a brand new one - but for now I'm giving this a 3, simply for how fast it dries out. I'll review again when I try one that isn't dried out.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by mellyru

After hearing the hype about this mascara and the good ratings on this site I ran out and bought it. While it did volumize and layered coats on nicely, it did not hold my curl at all.
I have short, stubby, stick straight asian lashes with an eyelid that pushes down on them. Having tried other mascaras that do hold my curl under these circumstances, this mascara sadly did not =(

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by xoxmarina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

when i had first tried on this product, i originally thought it would be my first holy grail mascara, but it seems like the more i got to using it, i liked it less and less. i do find it somewhat lengthening considering its a volumizing mascara. but it gives me nowhere near what i expected volume wise. on top of that its not a mascara you can apply more than about 3 coats without the tips of your lashes creating those weird mascara chunks..dont get me wrong, this mascara is better than a lot of others i have tried, but its still far from perfect

keep in mind that i have average lashes, not too long not too short, and not really sparse but not full either. i also really like BAM glamorous lashes that are super thick and pitch black

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by DrGMart

I've heard a lot of raves about this product, and I find it's alright. It does provide decent volume and crazy seperation, but I have other mascaras that can do a lot better in terms of length (which is a big factor for me), and I find this isn't very buildable without getting clumpy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by stimwink1

This has become my other go to mascara besides Cover Girl clump crusher. I use this when I don't want or don't have time to put on falsies but I want that fuller look (evening, going out etc)

This is a wetter formula and does require patients and a easy hand if you don't want to end up with spider eyes. Yes I know some gals like the look and can pull it off, for me it looks like I'm trying to put together a halloween costume.

I use my eyelash curler and sometimes I may lay down a coast of my clump crusher let it dry why I'm doing my other make up then go back with the essance. Easy hand, and I will blot the end with a tissue because as I said this is a WET formula. Let the coats dry throughly inbetween. Takes a little bit but if you do your other makeup inbetween you can not make it a longer process.

I've had a little flaking and if you are having a watereye day use your other mascara this will transfer and come off if wet. I have used it with my contacts no major issues. I use regular makeup remover and it does take a little more time to remove because it is a heavier product.

Over all I give this 100% inexpensive and it does the job!