October 31, 2014 | 1513 users online

Mascara - Essence - I Love Extreme Crazy Volume

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 8:48:00 AM More reviews by meighan04

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am sooo in love w/ this mascara. I am really very lucky I have naturally very lng eyelashes but bec I'm blonde I have to wear mascara to see them, but it affords me the luck to try almost any option. That being said this stuff is THE BEST. And I don't mean for its price point, or being a ds product which may I say at $4.99 isn't a bargain its a STEAL!!! my lashes get even longer when I wear this, to the point of hitting my eyebrows. I can honestly say I don't go a day when I'm wearing it that I don't get at least one compliment and/or asked if my lashes r real or not. This doesn't clump or rub off I know bec NOT only do I have oily skin, I sweat a LOT ALL the time. So really no need for touch ups durring then day or before going out at night. I would, will, & have recommended this stuff and will DEFINITELY repurchase, which is a glowing review from me bec I rarely have ever bought the same mascara twice and NEVER twice in a row bec I llike to experiment but I really don't think it gets any better than this!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2013 4:16:00 AM More reviews by Rebecca0407

overall a very good and inexpensive mascara. it has a great brush that's not flimsy but not harsh either. only downfall is for me it didn't have enough curl or lift. still better than others more than triple the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by eimear5sos

Omg i loved this! It was so cheap, only 3.99! It has cute packaging, i had the pink one. I don't actually know the difference between that and the black one. The wand is pretty basic, you can have a natural defined flick or a full on false lash effect. I wore this out one night and my friend was mad complimenting me! She couldn't believe how cheap I got it for! Of course I recommended it to her, and I will buy it again. I love this and overall essence is a good cheap and pretty reliable brand. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

This an awesome mascara to try. For 4.99 I find it similar to CG Lashblast in terms of volume..and that's coming from someone with stick straight eyelashes. I don't have problems with this mascara flaking or smudging

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a good mascara and is better than many other mascaras I have tried. Although, it doesn't give that "crazy volume" that the label claims. My search my HG mascara continues. I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 5:22:00 AM More reviews by mymakeuprules

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Every since my favorite drug store mascara was discontinued (Maybelline Lash Stylist) I've been on the hunt for a suitable replacement. I've found some that i like: Diorshow, Lancome Hypnose, Clinique High Impact but those are all over $40 AUD! Tried many, many different mascaras but no luck until now.

Here's what i want from a mascara:
Formula not too wet
Dries quickly
One coat coverage (2 at most)
Volumizing and Lengthening
No smudging or flaking (hello Maybelline Falsies! Yuk)
No fibers because they irritate my eyes
Easy removal with warm water (so no waterproof)
Cost effective

Yes, it's a lot to ask but......Essence I love extreme crazy volume (pink tube) delivers on all of the above. I've been testing it for a few days and survived long days, a vigorous Cycle class, a visit to the massage therapist (face down) and still no smudging! A tiny bit of flaking after 8 hours but hardly anything to worry about, I'm impressed. The rubber brush needs a bit of getting used to but I don't have any problems with it.
It's dirt cheap so no worries throwing it out after a while and getting a fresh one. The only issue is that these are not sealed and could potentially have been opened. Hence one lippy off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by captainflamingo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very short and sparse Asian lashes. After searching for a good mascara that would help them, I've recently given up. Now, I usually skip mascara because it doesn't make a difference on the visibility of my lashes once I put on my heavy winged eyeliner, but I've been noticing that since my eyeliner is so black, my lashes are visible and grey in comparison. So I've been fooling around with mascaras and impulsively picked this one up to try. Long story short, this is the only mascara I've EVER found that makes my lashes go past my eyeliner! The mascara is very black, and you apply it with a short-bristled rubber brush, like a thicker version of CG Lashblast Length. I use several coats and it lengthens my lashes significantly, volumizes, and even thickens quite a bit. It's a magic worker on my pathetic lashes and it only costs $5! My only gripe with it is that the stopper doesn't seem to work very well and the opening is a little goopy, even after two short weeks of usage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the first Essence mascara I've bought, though not the first Essence product (I've tried and like some of their lip products). It seems like most of this brand's mascaras on MUA have very high ratings and they are so cheap, I figured I had nothing to lose by trying one.

What I look for in mascara generally, ranked by priority:
1. Volume/Thickness
2. Blackness/Pigmentation
3. Length

This mascara is very, very dark, maybe the blackest mascara I've ever used and I love that. The brush is a rubber/plastic with teeny tiny stubby bristles, which I've noticed is a common brush in the volumizing formulas of a few brands. Even the end of the brush is rounded with a few spiky bristles, which is great for picking up the tough corner lashes. It works really well, picking up every lash. The formula can be somewhat goopy/clump lashes together, so you definitely need a lash comb, but the formula itself doesn't crumble or flake. It does a great overall job of giving the impression of thick/many lashes, lengthening them to some extent and also holding curl as well. The effect is dramatic, just what I was hoping for. I use about 2 coats - any more than that and you quickly get into spider lashes territory. This formula wears well without smudging or bleeding at all. Although it is not waterproof, it can become a mess if you are just trying to wash it off without using an eye makeup remover first. Remover is needed to get all of this off. Don't go to sleep without it cleaned off or you'll wake up with irritated eyes.

The packaging is cute and the price is unbeatable. This is my go-to for night-out/bold lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by hberlin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara totally exceeded my expectations. Here's my quick review:

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by xoburymyheartxox

After reading the reviews on MUA I decided to give this mascara a try since it's so cheap. It really makes my lashes look fuller and it stays on all day. It also hardly clumps which I normally have an issue with, I think because I don't have to apply so much because only a few strokes does it. I was so excited when I found this worked so good because it was only 4.99 the cheapest mascara I've ever bought.