December 19, 2014 | 1736 users online

Mascara - Younique 3D Fiber Lashes Mascara Set

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by loopycute

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product its awesome!! Its pretty easy to put on and it really makes a difference. I actually love it and will recommend it to everybody.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2014 5:33:00 PM More reviews by EM760

Bought this because at the time, it LOOKED like it would be amazing. Does it lenghthen them? Kind of. But it is MESSY. The fibers come off very easily, and you're better off getting a covergirl mascara at wal mart or another store. The packaging was nice, but it was over the top. I am returning mine today and I don't recommend this product to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by kblimm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok so....I love the package that this comes in...It's like a little box thing that I can re-use when I decide to move my mascara and gel to a different home. However, the packaging isn't what's important. I will first say that the mascara takes a little while to apply, so I wear it on the days where I really want to be looking my best. On average off days, I use some other different mascaras because I tend to get a litlte lazy (but these other mascaras I use don't make my lashes longer like Younique does.). I think its very easy to apply if you read the directions. I know it has done this to some people, but it does NOT leave little fibers under my eyes (even throughout the day). I read that if it does that, you aren't applying enough of the gel stuff after applying the fibers. I also go back and make sure the tips have lots of the gel on them so they stick all day. I would buy this product again...I think it's definitely worth it. I AM NOT GOOD at applying false eyelashes, so this works perfectly for my SUPER short eyelashes...!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Badrock692

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara!!! You do have to really read the directions & take your time doing it but, it is so worth it! I'm truly addicted to this

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by micahlambeth

All of the people on here who are writing bad reviews probably are either using it wrong or just don't know what they were getting themselves into. This mascara is supposed to simulate false lashes and I think it does that perfectly since I usually wear false individual lashes. This product pretty much gives the same effect without the glue or tweezers. It does look a little clumpy but it clearly says on the packaging that if it gets clumpy, to go through it with a lash comb. I, as a teenager, use and love this as well as my fifty year old mom. GO OUT AND BUY THIS PRODUCT IF YOU WANT SERIOUSLY AWESOME LASHES. It's only three steps and a lot easier than falsies.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by ChellyTelly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Major fallout, wonky/crooked, ridiculous flittering lashes, especially on older ladies. Many of the positive reviews here are plants or dealers for this overpriced, overhyped mess. Just get some Loreal Voluminous and call it done.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Gehnigirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I admit, getting the hang of this product takes some time, but all in all I've really been impressed with the results. I have VERY small, thin lashes. I'm a falsies girl all the way; or WAS :). I've experienced better results without using a base coat of my regular mascara underneath. I think it's because my lashes are so wimpy to begin with, they can't handle the weight. Also, if you let the product dry for a moment before adding layer after layer, the fibers won't come off on the wand. No one product works for every person, but for me this one works great! It's much better than glueing other people's hair to my face (falsies) for sure. Keep in mind, for every disgruntled customer's bad review, there are 100 satisfied customers who've never thought if writing a good one. That being said, I'm writing a review because I believe giving credit where credit is due; Younique hit it out of the park.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by laura5168

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

terrible product

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by justinetindall

I would first like to say that not all of the reviews listed below are from actual customers. This company has hired and/or created different profiles here on Makeup Alley posing as a customer, but in reality, nothing but fake reviews. Point being, don't trust ALL reviews you read here.

That being said, for what this product claims to do and it's purpose of use, it does the job. Litte fibres, kind of like strands of feathers, stick to your lashes, and then you apply the black liquid mascara over it to seal the fibres onto the lashes, giving it that extra long look.

Can be hard to use, but for what it's worth, it does the job.

If I wanted something to give me some serious glam, and if I had flimsily eyelashes, and was prepared to put in a lot more effort to get long lashes, i'de use this. But, since that is not my case, i'll pass.

*Spoiler* Essence makeup has a $3.00 lash fiber alternative.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2014 2:27:00 PM More reviews by mirnacori

****Okay, so there have been really good reviews and really bad ones. All I want people to know is that we all have an opinion about everything. We don't need to cram it down everyone's throats as truth, but we also don't deserve to be censored because it may or may not reflect poorly on the company. Some of us are (or were) paying customers, and we deserve to have the quality product that we paid for. But we're all not the same, so when buying a new product, PROCEED WITH CAUTION.****

With that being said, I saw some of the instagram photos of this mascara in action, and I, like many others, wanted to try it out. I was in luck! There was a women's convention I worked on (as a makeup artist), and they had a booth! I bought it on the spot, and was excited that I didn't have to pay shipping. I went home, eager to share this product with my friends on instagram video.

But when I tried it, it didn't go so well. It's not that hard to apply (mascara, gel, fibers, gel, add fibers and gel to your liking), but I found the gel took off most of the fibers I had added on, or shifted then to the tips of my lashes. I like to have volume on the roots and length on the tips with a bit of volume. Thing is, the fibers keep getting into my eyes, irritating them badly. In the end, I ended up with clumpy, furry looking lashes (every single eyelash was furry with fibers, and gel didn't help keep them down.)

I tired every trick to try to improve the application. I tried a lash comb, I switched to a different mascara wand to better apply the gel (the one they had is the standard wand; I used a thicker, defining wand), I tried just putting fibers on the roots, even tried without mascara underneath at all. Nothing helped. I was disappointed. It kept being a clumpy, furry mess. Like the tarantula legs people fear having on their eyes.

Luckily, I remembered there was a money back guarantee. So I ended up getting my money back, but still had to pay S&H. Instead of bashing the company by saying "they suck" outright, I offer them to make it a challenge and improve on the formula. And again, everyone is different. I've seen tarantula legs with this product, but I've also seen great results; I just got the former. So, I end this review by saying good luck, and PROCEED WITH CAUTION.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No