Younique 3D Fiber Lashes Mascara Set

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I saw the newest hype over the 3D moonstruck mascara by Younique and after watching the youtube tutorial I was sold! I just had to have this since my eyelashes are long but very blonde. I saw the price and realized that this product is very pricey, but if it really lengthens my lashes and it works the way I watched it on youtube, this buy was a must!! After I received it, I immediately tried it out and to my surprise it worked like a charm. My lashes were longer and fuller. Yay!!!! After going about my business for about 2 hours it felt like I had little sand pebbles in my eyes and I could barely look out of my eyes, everything was blurry. My eyes were irritated like crazy. My husband then said to me that I have some black stuff under both of my eyes and I should look in the mirror to wipe it away. It was fibers falling off my lashes and into my eyes which made my eyes horribly itchy and painful and on top of that I looked like I have black rings under my eyes. When we got home I washed the mascara off, but I still had all kinds of fibers in my eyes for hours after I removed the stuff which drove me crazy. I didn't put 2 and 2 together yet. I applied the mascara again the next day and almost immediately the fibers fell off into my eyes and accumulated under my eyes. Hmmm, maybe I am applying this wrong, so I watched the tutorial again and applied the mascara step by step just like in the tutorial. Once again, a ton of fibers fell off into my eyes and under my eyes. Needless to say I discontinued to wear this product. I conducted some more research on this so called wonder mascara, just to find out that there is numerous complaints about the same problem from a lot of other users. I even contacted my consultant and was told that she has never heard of these problems, hmmm.... maybe she should do some research before telling her customers that this is unheard of !! One customer even had a cornea injury from this mascara. This mascara is not what it promises and it is extremely expensive. I will never buy this again and won't ever use this product again. I literally threw 35 dollars plus tax into the trash. Oh yea, you can't return it if you don't keep the original packing it comes in either. I do not recommend wasting your money on this mascara.

on 2/25/2015 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is actually pretty great mascara, but you gotta have time for this. You also need to do one eye at a time. You apply your own mascara lightly and then apply the transplanting gel. Before the gel dries you need to apply the fiber product. TIP
Only focus this stuff through the mid to end of the lashes. LIGHTLY. Don't treat this like a regular mascara because it's not and you will be super disappointed and not to mention you many fibers you'll end up having in your eyes. Apply to many causes undesired results. So just apply it lightly and do it in a couple coats.

I personally had great results. My lashes are pretty sad to begin with and I even had a few compliments on them which is great because I've never had that. I didn't have any flaking either, which some people experience. Again, apply both products evenly and you shouldn't have a problem. They also recommend using the lash comb, but I don't think you need it. Also I find the fibers get stuck in the gel bottle and it can make it kind of clumpy but not too bad.

My only minor complaint is I wish this was more black. It's definitely alright though. I used my own mascara before application as well so that may have helped.

The price point of this sucks at $35 but it's not too far out of the price range for these types of mascaras. I do wish it was cheaper tho. If something like this interests you then I'd recommend this. It's really beautiful looking. If you hate it, I'm sure it can be sent back! I'm also not too sure about contact lense compatibility....xoxo

on 2/24/2015 2:07:00 PM

I like this product. I have tried twice and the first time I already had on mascara. So, I applied over the mascara. This seemed to cause more flaking of the fibers. The second time I just used the primer/mascara followed by the fibers and it produced good results. I have very short lashes and they looked so nice with the product on. Came off with Loreal eye make up remover. As with all mascaras, you need to be careful with application to avoid the clumpy look especially this one. I like the product, it is pricey but does deliver results.

on 2/20/2015 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

If you like "spider leg" looking lashes -- go for it...hmmm I have a love hate relationship. It does give volume but messy looking clumpy looking bug leg resembling lashes. I think I will stick with extensions.

on 2/19/2015 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely adore this product. I was a religious eyelash extension client until overuse took its toll on my natural lashes. This product creates the same effect as eyelash extensions.

It is simple to apply - as simple as applying mascara - and takes about 60 seconds. I find it's best to use a very light touch and a magnifying mirror during application.

After wearing the product for 15 hours, I had 2 or 3 black flakes underneath my eye. This also happens when I wear mascara by itself.

I have not experienced any irritation or sensitivity from using this product. It feels like I'm wearing mascara. Just an FYI- I do not wear contact lenses or suffer from any eye conditions.

on 2/10/2015 10:52:00 PM

I'm neither loving not hating it. So, pros: if applied carefully , in proper order and not in a rush - it will give you promised huge lashes. For me personally, it's one of very few mascaras that actually don't run or flake. It's relatively easy to wash off, with warm water and just touch up after shower with some make up remover to eliminate raccoon eyes. Cons: when you take it off, you kinda take off at least 5 of your own lashes I don't recommend it for daily use. It's more of an effect/ night out product rather than office daily thing. It can get very clumpy if not applied carefully, so you may need to start all over at times. Overall it's a good mascara, better than many I've tried in terms of not running and staying in place all day. But I am somewhat prejudice and feel like it damages lashed so I wouldn't use it every day.

on 2/9/2015 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used this mascara for the first time today. While it gives good volume (as good as any department store brand), I have to say I'm a little disappointed with the amount of money I spent.I paid approximately $35.00 for my set (gel and fiber).

My biggest complain is the fiber brush. The specs/pieces of fiber (from the fiber brush) got in my eyes and fell to my cheecks, right below my eyes. The effect of the makeup was good, but the discomfort of having stuff in my eyes all morning is not worth it...especially considering the cost.

I'll continue using to see if the fiber falling into my eyes stops.

on 2/8/2015 10:00:00 PM

I am a new presenter for Younique cosmetics and I am totally sold on their 3D fiber lashes! My lashes are 3 times as long and great volume. Take off is easy, I use Neutrogena eye make up remover and it comes off easily. I've received many compliments! I'm a fan for life!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm pretty happy with this mascara. To avoid the clumping as many buyers have warned about, i combed through my lashes with an eyelash spoolie carefully to separate each lash at every step. I naturally already have long, dark eyelashes however they are not voluminous and I often glue on individual lashes in spare spots for special occasions or nights out. This mascara gave my eyelashes a bit of thickness but I'll still be gluing on individual lashes at the ends of my eyes.

I modified the instructions though to suit my liking.
Firstly, I used an eyelash curler on naked eyelashes, then an eyelash primer as my second step (Clinque Lash Building Primer), then 2 even layers of TooFaced Better than Sex mascara (it was a free sample that I'm trying to use up), followed by the instructions provided with the Younique mascara. The result was really nice full lashes! They look like extensions for real! I haven't noticed any fallout since I was pretty careful in covering up the fibres with the sealant. However, the occasional fibre does fall into my eye, but it doesn't hurt particularly badly. It's just a weird feeling nuisance.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I just bought the Younique mascara but bought it on ebay for $12 and a few cents, w/no shipping or tax. Description states it's factory sealed, etc., so I'm going to try it. I try the more expensive mascaras this way in sample sizes before buying a full-size I may not like. The Younigue mascara is full size though. A friend really likes it. I haven't received the mascara yet, so I have incorrect ratings for Overall and Packaging. But I wanted to tell others in case some hadn't thought of trying ebay. I buy makeup and skin care occasionally there and has always gone well, but prefer sellers w/100% ratings. I'll update my review or write another after I try this.

Video Reviews & Tutorials