October 1, 2014 | 1789 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 12:14:00 PM More reviews by HotPink27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this cleanser! It's gentle and foams easily. It's scented sort of like a typical plain liquid hand soap(it would be better unscented or atleast a fresher scent IMO but it's not that bad). It leaves my face clean and soft. I've noticed the tone and texture of my skin looks much better since using this, it doesn't strip my skin but it removes makeup so well at the same time. I also bought the matching astrigent and love that too! My pores have shrunk with it. I will continue to repurchase both.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2010 11:52:00 PM More reviews by beautifuldreamer324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this after having a huge breakout of chin acne after using cetaphil gentle bar!!! i've only used this for two days and so far it's done a nice job of cleaning and soothing my irritated face. my skin today looked better than is has looked since before the cetaphil fiasco. i'll continue to use this for a week and see how it works. I'm considering trying the astringent as well to help with my blemishes. i was originally going to purchase "purpose" cleanser but i compared these ingredients with purpose and they were idential. this one was cheaper.

*edit*: I've been using this since the beginning of Thanksgiving week. This stuff is under $4 and does the job of cleansing my sensitive face without being harsh or irritating! I can't complain about that. The price is great, and this basic cleanser is exactly what I needed. Now if only I could find an HG moisturizer and thing's would be all good!
*I used this everyday along with the sensitive skin astringent & this cleanser is HG status for me. It's very basic & gentle & REMOVES ALL OF MY FACE MAKEUP!! 2 thumbs up for being a multipurpose product.*

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2010 1:22:00 AM More reviews by sarahlen

Im a bit of a cleanser ho, but not in the sense that I use one morning, noon and night and then ditch it suddenly for another one , Its more that I have a small arsenal of different cleansers for morning or night and for how my skin is feeling and how lazy I am . foaming cleansers are great for nights when I"m tired or in a rush because they take off makeup and cleanse deeply fast but they can be drying and too foamy for my clairisonic also its difficult to find one thats non active for retinol use. For awhile i was using stress control foaming it was only saycilic acid so it didnt interfere with my routine and it wasnt too too drying but you had to use a lot I was buying a bottle like every 3 weeks plus slightly drying . Before that I used neutrogena fresh foaming and yeah that removed makeup and cleaned without breaking me out but it was so drying my skin was so tight after. This is just right its concentrated and foamy but not so much that it drys you out and leaves you tight/irrittes but enough to take off makeup and clean relitivley deeply. with some foaming cleansers my skin felt so dry and tight after i knew my skin would overcompensate and i would wake up increadibly oily, this leaves my skin pretty balanced after i cleanse all the way to the morning , not as balanced as spectro jel (slightly drier) but its a lot faster and easier to use, its probably as non drying as your going to get in a foaming cleanser without added pore clogging moisturizers . It could be a tiny bit less drying and maybe have some anti oxidant or anti redness/sothing ingridients , that would be nice.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2010 2:42:00 AM More reviews by ReeVee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have oily/acne-prone skin and has mildly sensitive skin. I really, really wanted to like this cleanser, but unfortunately it didn't work out too well. After hearing such great reviews, and seeing how well it turned out for my cousin, i was pretty excited to give this a try. I've been using neutrogena for a long time and i was sick and tired of it. So i decided it was time for a change. After, more or less, 3 weeks of using this product, I have experienced break outs all over my face. I wasn't too sure if this was the culprit or not, however, since i STOPPED using it, my acne had decreased noticeably. Disappointment really does suck. I guess its back to using my stupid neutrogena...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2010 10:51:00 AM More reviews by ankhgrl49

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Awesome cleanser. I have been using this for about two months and it is gentle, but effective. I find that it removes whatever is left of my makeup after I've removed most of it. Doesn't dry out my face, just leaves it cleansed and ready for moisturizing. For reference I have normal skin with a chin that gets oily sometimes. Once a month breakouts that can increase with stress. No breakouts or clogged pores as a result of using this. Cheap and packaging is great with a pump. Will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 9:19:00 PM More reviews by holdparanoia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow. I absolutely love this cleanser. I have been struggling with mild acne for about 3 years now and this is the only cleanser that has helped. It foams up nicely and rinses off with no residue. My face is about 99% clear now, all thanks to this cleanser. Even though it doesn't contain any SA or BP it still cleared me up better than anything! After years of getting severe skin dryness from BP and other acne fighting products (which just made my acne worse due to irritation) and spending hundreds of dollars on skincare. I finally found something that works and for only 8$. I highly recommend this cleanser to anyone suffering from mild acne and sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2010 10:19:00 PM More reviews by silverbrook

This is my HG cleanser. I can't go without it. If I do, I feel very nervous about getting breakouts. This has kept my skin the clearest it's ever been, and it's gentle and cheap. It removes my eye makeup very easily with less abrasive rubbing than if you were to use a makeup removing wipe or some eyemakeup remover on a cotton pad since you can just swipe gently with your fingers. Great cleanser! I have repurchased again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2010 1:02:00 PM More reviews by thompsof

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Amazing! Removes all of my make-up and is super gentle. Absolutely no redness or irritation after I use this. I have acne prone/oily skin and this does a great job of cleaning off the excess oil without causing dryness. Nice light fragrance and the pump locks in place. Only downside for me is that it doesn't foam all that much. Highly recommend and am definitely buying this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2010 12:48:00 PM More reviews by photographsNwhite08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely LOVE this cleanser! It removes dirt, oil AND makeup so it does it all. Before I used the "Oil free" formula, but realized that it wasn't doing me any good on my sensitive skin since I had my daughter. So I found the new packaging for this and I, by mistake, bought the sensitive skin formula for only $3 and it works better than the other bottle that I had. It helps keep my skin clean and clear from blemishes and removes my makeup like a dream. I definitely recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin because it's amazing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2010 12:15:00 PM More reviews by Jmberry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this cleanser. I wanted something gentle that would still deep clean and had decided to try Purpose. Thanks to you smart people on Makeup Alley I learned that this product has identical ingredients and you get more for less money. It has an herbal/medicinal smell but I got used to it quickly. It doesn't produce crazy lather so if you need that to feel clean this product won't do it for you. It removes all of my makeup which is a huge plus and doesn't leave my skin feeling tight. Just nice and clean. I would repurchase.