April 16, 2014 | 874 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by iveto

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have dry sensitive skin, no break outs. I generally like clinic products so I decided to give this lotion a try...oh what a mistake. My skin became irritated and I started breaking out. It took me months to go back to my normal state. Never ever going back to this. Btw, I disliked the while 3 step system. Total fail for me :(

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by saiwez

I've had this moisturiser 3 times to me it's a basic moisturiser that everyone has to have there's nothing bad to say about this it moisturises doesn't make ur skin oily, I have oily skin this works great

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by ssips720

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing moisturizer. It does not make your skin worse , if you have problem skin.

Looking for a moisturizer that would provide real emulsion.. and yet not break me out lead me on a big hunt.. i was using.. cetaphil.. ole hendrickson.. all this thick stuff.. that was breaking me out like crazy.. And i couldnt use a light moisturizer, because it was iwnter time, and my skin was SOO flakey and dry.

This product is perfect in everyway by my standards. and the gel is great for summertime.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by hanabi318

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This face moisturizer is good if you have dry skin, especially in the winter time. It does feel heavy on the skin and my makeup did not stay on nicely throughout the day. I didn't like it because it ended up clogging my pores.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by angelz969

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

TRY A SAMPLE FIRST!

I really wanted to like this product. I received a sample from the Clinique counter by day 2 of using this product it has destroyed my skin and I now have mass of under skin bumps which feel horrible and rough and white heads all around my jawline, chin and between my eyes. Along with my skin now being super sensitive / red, patchy and dry.

Product is now in the bin and I'm looking for a way to recover my face!

I have never had a reaction to any product before, I will never purchase Clinique clinic products again and will be returning the ones I did by ASAP.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I used to use this product a lot. I have very dry and sensitive skin and this caused no irritation. However, my makeup slid off easily with this under it and over time, it caused little white bumps all over my face. I think they were whiteheads and I have only gotten them using Clinique foundations and lotions. This is one of the reasons I don't use their products anymore. That and they changed my favorite foundations.
    This is a heavier lotion and can feel a little heavy. This is probably better suited for older, dry skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by EveEve90

This product really isn't suitable for younger crowd because it is just too moisturizing. I love that this is fragrance free. However, it is rather expensive. The packaging should have been better because I was not able to pump out the last bit of the product due to it's design.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

There seems to be a lot of misinformation out there that people have fallen victim to regarding the mineral oil in this product. Just because mineral oil is derived from the same source as gasoline does not mean that they are at all related. Evidence has shown all over the internet that mineral oil can be very beneficial and moisturizing for your skin. Just thought I'd get this out of the way so no one would see any other reviews involving this misinformation. Now on with the review.

I really enjoy this moisturizer as a day time moisturizer in every season except for winter. I use this in the day only because no matter what time of year, my dry skin needs more 'umph' at night time and less for during the day to help makeup stay on combined with the fact that during the day my skin is producing a lot of its own moisture. It for me is the perfect 'no frill's moisturizer. It moisturizes, is unscented, costs next to nothing for the amount you get, is good quality and really smooths your skin out which was one of the most pleasant surprises for me. Somehow this moisturizer has the same effect on your skin as a foundation primer. Your skin just feels smooth and even which is so luxurious. My only real complaint about the product is that is has no spf in it. Since I use this moisturizer for the day time I find it irritating that it does not include spf- I have to add it into my routine. I'm an 'all in one' product type of gal so that certainly doesn't thrill me. Overall I really do enjoy this as a solid day time moisturizer. If you have really dry, peeling skin like myself you will definitely need a separate night time moisturizer to help you out but it will serve you well during the day. I would recommend this mainly for normal/combo skin but you could make this work for dry skin and potentially dehydrated, oily skin.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by sweetlikecinnamon

Since my skyn needs a little more moisture here in the winter time, I decided to try this product. After the first day of using it I noticed small red bumps (a rash) around my jaw/chin and cheeks, but they were not too bad. But then after the second day of using the Dramatically Different, the rash had gotten a lot more visible and my skin felt very uneven in texture and itchy, and the rash had spread to around my eyes and the top of my cheekbones too. I'm not sure if the sample I got was expired, because it did smell a little weird, but since Clinique is all about that 100% fragrance free, I thought that it might just have been the smell of the actual iingredients. However, the third day (today) I didn't use it, and the rash has already calmed down a bit. Again, it could be the product being too old, but I am not going to take the risk and buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by FrancescaMakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Bought this as part of 3 step programme. Whenever I use this I get a terrible spot breakout (acne) all over, which is unusual for me. Would not recommend for combination/acne prone skin. Would not use again.

My advice is definitely sample this product before spending a lot of money on it.