NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.2

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Awesome!! I got this in vanilla & I am a total convert! This is the best for under eye concealer & highlight on me. It's creamy but noncomedogenic. It blends really well & takes away the shadows under my eyes due to the lenses on my glasses looking dark. The closest example I can think of a DS dupe is Loreal Lumi but it's nothing as good as Nars. I've loved everything I've ever tried from Nars. This is no exception. I could've probably gone up a shade but I was wanting Vanilla coz dammit that's what Jaclyn Hill uses! The consistency is perfect. It's not too thick nor too thin. It's almost too beautiful to use sitting there in its pristine black rubber capped packaging w the sleek logo but trust me I will get a lot of use out of this. This.does.not.crease!! You can do a no makeup look with a few swipes or all glammed up rocking out depending on ur other makeup. If Nars wasn't the rare treat, I would use Nars as all of my makeup but alas the price point. :( I know some don't consider Nars to be a true high end well not a luxury brand but I decided I could use a little quote luxury (define by I!) in my life & ordered this. Best decision!! Vanilla has a pink tinge to it & it is kind of pale. If you are >NC/NW25 this may not work for you also I think this would work better for NW than NC because it's pinky even thou I happen to be NC & I be contradicting myself by saying how much I love it! All in all I am one happy customer...& I got a free sample of UD lipgloss in Bittersweet coz I ordered from sephora!! :) my next high end purchases: more Nars!! :)

on 4/30/2015 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Best concealer EVER. I use Chantilly to brighten my under eyes and Vanilla for blemishes. It's thick, but spreads easily and lasts all day.

My endless quest for a good concealer is over. I love this one, totally worth the money. I'll go a tad darker on my shade choice next time since it's leaving me a little ghosty, but that's my bad for rushing in sephora. It's perfect under my eyes and on red spots. That's a rare combo, usually it's one or the other. I'm happy

on 4/28/2015 3:50:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I did not like this concealer at all. First off, the colour selection is extremely limited, and with such high coverage, it becomes extremely obvious when the colour doesn't match.

Secondly, I found this concealer to be extremely drying. It looked thick and cakey wherever I put it, no matter how little I used. Definitely not appropriate for under-eye usage, and would only recommend to people who need extreme coverage and don't mind looking very made up.

Still, there are better concealers out there, for less.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Beautiful concealer! It blends like a dream and covers perfect. I just dab a little on where I need it and buff it right into my skin. I wear moisturizer and primer underneath and do not need foundation afterwards. It's a very nice blendable creamy texture and dries to a totally natural healthy "real skin" finish.

I wear Ginger which is a golden medium shade.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I have tried many other concealers (Lancome's Effacernes, which was my previous go-to but the consistency was too runny for my liking. Clé de Peau, I liked the packaging but it settled into fine lines - to name a few) and finally this one from Nars appeals to me on all aspects.

1) Packaging - it can fit into my small makeup case that I keep in my purse at all times.
2) Application - I don't need to use any other tools to apply as it comes with a doe-foot applicator, meaning you can apply on-the-go.
3) Consistency - not too runny and not too thick, feels great to apply/blend and quick to do.
4) Coverage - you can go from medium to high build-up, a little goes a long way. It never settles into fine lines or cakes.
5) Lasting power - it usually lasts me ~8 hours. So if I'm going out after work, I generally reapply. I've had my current tube for 5 months now. My previous tubes have lasted me ~8 months with daily undereye usage and very occasional spot coverage.

How I use it: I apply a tinted moisturizer all over my face, then I apply a swipe of the Nars creamy concealer on my undereye area, blotting/dabbing in (never wiping/rubbing) with my ring finger to blend. Sometimes I will set it with a powder, but I like the 'radiant' look as well. I wear Nars' tinted moisturizer in St. Moritz and use the Creamy Concealer in Ginger.

on 4/26/2015 3:24:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Overall, it's very good concealer as it is highly pigmented and it does last long if set properly with a setting powder or just a pressed powder patted on top with a sponge. However lately I have had dry under eyes so the fine lines are showing a lot more. It does crease a lot and give a drier looking under eyes. I have tried several ways to apply it - with serum and eye cream, just serum, just eye cream, with and without setting powder but it still dries my under eyes and shows the fine lines even more. So if you do have the same dry issues then this concealer might not be the best. As usual NARS can be pricey and I don't want this to go to waste. I bought med2 Ginger and have been using it as a highlighter. I am c4 / c5 in MAC face&body and this colour is a good every day simple look highlighter on the cheeks, brow bone and nose. Packaging is good, simple and typical NARS black rubbery handle which tend to really attract dirt but easy to clean with wet wipes.

on 4/26/2015 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

love max

on 4/25/2015 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this in the Vanilla shade (Light 2) to cover up my dark circles after a consultation with a salesperson at Sephora. Of course it looked great in the store, but I've noticed lately that when I apply it in natural light, it looks more orange than the rest of my face. It also has a tendency to crease in the lines under my eyes, which was something I was specifically trying to avoid.

The concealer is very creamy and pigmented and it lasted me a long time. I might consider buying it again if I found a better shade, but since it accentuates my lines, for now it's a dealbreaker.

on 4/24/2015 6:59:00 AM

Edit: Custard is a smidgen too dark for my NC20 skin tone. Vanilla works better. Will save Custard for summer :) they're both yellow in undertone.

This is a fantastic concealer. Extremely good coverage. On my NC20 skin, I chose Custard. Don't go by Nars' shade ascending order but rather tones to suit your needs. I use this predominantly for around my nose to conceal redness and under my eyes after I have colour corrected.

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer (I used shade 10 and finished two tubes before biting the bullet and buying Nars) is not comparable. Nars is much more pigmented, opaque and slightly tackier/thicker/creamier in consistency. Nars is similar to Mac Pro Long Wear except Nars is more suitable on my normal to dry skin whereas Mac dried out my undereye area slightly, looking crepey at times. Nars is a satin natural finish. Mac is matte. Maybelline is dewy-satin. Maybelline Fit Me may look the same packaging wise however, I had to use 2+ layers to achieve decent coverage. 3 dots of Nars concealer completely banishes any flaws under my eyes. A dot around each side of my nose covers all hormonal redness. Maybelline required a whole swipe each side. Redip into tube and another swipe for the opposite nostril.

On days when I do not need a made up face, a dot around my nostrils to cover redness. 3 dots under each eye blended out.. Topped with MAC msfn and I am out the door.

$35 for this tube in Australia. Packaging is okay. No issues with concealer building up at the rim of the tube. Maybelline in the other hand... Nars' rubberised packaging can be annoying. My post concealer blending fingers touch the tube and blaaaaah smudges galore.

Would I repurchase? For $35... IT cosmetic concealer and Tarte concealer are much more efficient.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Cover FX Natural Finish Foundation & NARS Creamy Concealer - Review and Demonstration by BeautySavers

Top Rated NARS Products