April 25, 2014 | 1109 users online

Concealers - NARS - Radiant Creamy Concealer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2013 1:54:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Even though I will give this concealer a thumbs up, I won't repurchase. Why? I bought this solely for the purpose of concealing my red acne marks and it does this quite well but once it starts wearing off, the look isn't that great.
The texture is creamy and goes on smoothly and blends beautifully. The coverage is medium to full, depending on how much you use.
Even though I prime my skin with moisturizer before using this concealer, I think my normal to combo/dry skin soaks it up after a full day and the result is a cakey look.
I prefer Bobbi Brown's face touch up stick concealer as it works better with my skin type. It lasts longer and doesn't look cakey like the NARS one after a long day.
I can't use the Radiant Creamy concealer under my eyes as the formula is too drying for that area. Overall, I think oilier skin types might find this concealer works better for them. In the meantime, I'll stick with my Bobbi Brown concealer.
For reference, I'm NC30/C3 and Custard is the perfect match.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by MBROOKS425

I was disappointed because I have moderate dark under eye circles and was looking for something to conceal this. I wear NW25 in Mac, and tried this in the color "custard." While I love Nars, and I love the wand applicator and consistency, it does not cover under eye darkness very well at all. I have to use a corrector underneath before applying this, and even then I only get decent under eye coverage. (If you are looking for the best under eye concealer, I have found it to be Mac Pro Longwear concealer) I guess its okay for the weekend, or very mellow outings. However, I like using this concealer on other areas of my face, it does cover well for general areas of the face/blemishes. So if you're not looking for under eye coverage, maybe it will work for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by amandeaux

Skin profile: oily all over the face
Do not possess a MAC foundation but UD Naked Skin 4.0 matches me quite well
Most likely around NC25-30

Shade used: Custard
Holy grail material--though I'm still continuing my journey finding one
I like this better than Laura Mercier's secret camouflage/ undercover pot for it is so much easier to work with -- in terms of application and blending
Coverage is great, blurs my acne scars but not enough to cover one of my extreme hyperpigmentation spots left by one of my old acne
But really, it is like 5-6 shades darker than my face so I can't blame this product for it
I might need to try Kat von D for this purpose.

I'm using this under my eyes and for my blemishes and so far I'm enjoying this very much, leaving my UC pot & SC untouched for weeks.
It is my daily concealer -- until my other shipments arrive -- and I do not especially set it with powder as it dries quickly. However, I do use powder foundation all over my face after I apply concealer. Even though I do not pat the powder right on the concealers, it might receive some and it still looks okay. Usually last me the whole day under my eye but not so much on my blemish -- most likely due to me excessively blotting my face with blotting paper.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by WynterOlly

This concealer is so creamy and gorgeous. Medium to full coverage but looks so natural. Covers anything - fatigued eyes, blemishes, redness, anything. Doesn't break me out. My go-to. Only gripe: no light shades with a yellow undertone. I have "Vanilla" which is almost perfect....but waaaay too pink. "Honey" is too dark, but the perfect undertone. I'm making "Vanilla" work by applying a tiny amount and blending well, but still, too pink - and I notice. More shades please for us fair, but golden girls!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by scs2dd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This concealer is pretty good but not good enough to stop the search. My closest match is Chantilly-- I greatly appreciate a very light shade with a yellow tone instead of rosy ones that most other lines assume pale people have, but I wish it were just a half-shade darker because the next lightest yellow tone is Custard and is too big of a jump, in my opinion.
The texture is nice and creamy going on, but settles into undereye lines quickly. The concealer I switched from, Bobbi Brown, isn't as opaque but resists creasing and doesn't appear more dry throughout the day like Nars does. I'm a fan of the lipgloss-style packaging and doefoot applicator. If only it didn't crease! I don't think I'll buy this again although I can see that other people love it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 6:18:00 AM More reviews by Lylith

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a pretty good concealer. I use it under my eyes and on small blemishes and it does it's job just fine. I use the color vanilla, which is slightly less yellow toned than my natural skintone.
I did notice that some commenters mentioned it is drying and settles into fine lines. Although I have quite dry skin, this doesn't do that to me however I can see this happen if you have very dry skin, or when you're slightly older.
It is very pigmented, has great staying power and covers blemishes and dark circles very well.
Overall a very good concealer, and quite affordable considering it's quality.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by pewtermercier

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm so disappointed that this didn't work for me. It has great pigmentation and can cover dark circles (the purple/blue under my eyes is epic), but 30 minutes after applying, I looked as though I was doing a special effects makeup demo. The product got flakey and settled into every single line -- lines I didn't even know I had -- and aged me 40 years. If the skin under your eyes isn't perfectly smooth, this product isn't for you. For what it's worth, I also found the Bobbi Brown concealer too drying, so I'm going to have to stick with Laura Mercier, MUFE (insanely expensive), and Clinique's eye brightener.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2013 9:31:00 AM More reviews by daisysteiner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Cakefest! Ok, it's not catastrophic, but this certainly isn't a good concealer for my under-eye area. It's sticky and it pretty much cakes up and sets into fine lines right from the start. I appreciate the coverage and staying power, but if it doesn't look nice, it has no reason to hang around for hours.

Like many others I chose the shade Vanilla ('cause that's what I am). Now at least I'm able to use it on redness and spots, which seems to work better, and I don't have to throw it away after I've paid so much for it. That being said, a tube would be more useful and hygienic than the type of packaging they went for with this one.

No wonder this mostly gets high praise by young beauty bloggers with nice supple skin. I'd say the older you are, the less likely you will be to find this ideal. If you want a good concealer for your dark circles, try the Maybelline Fit Me. The packaging is similar, but the formula is much more suitable for that type of use, at least on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Great concealer with medium coverage that can be sheered out over skin for lighter coverage and built up to full coverage. I wear this in "Custard" (yellow tone for light-medium skin) and wear the NARS Radiant Cream Compact in "Fiji" and it's a perfect match (for reference in other brands I wear: MAC NC20-25, Bobbi Brown in Beige, Missha Perfect Cover in #21, Giorgio Armani Lumi Silk in 4.5, Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour in Light-Medium Sand). I sometimes set this with powder but it holds up very well even without it.

Pros:
- semi matte skin like finish
- works well for dark circles, blemishes or any discolouration
- lightweight and smooth texture that blends easily
- highly pigmented
- doesn't dry out skin
- amazing staying power (up to 9-12+ hours - lasts me all through work no touch-ups needed!)
- no creasing/caking/settling around nose, eyes, lips

Cons:
- None (except maybe the price, but it is NARS so to be expected)

Repurchase? Yes, I like this better than what I previously used for my under eyes (Benefit Erase Paste or Hard Candy's Glamoflauge) because the colour is a better match and it is less sticky and thick, longer-wearing, more natural looking than both the Benefit and Glamoflauge.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by dandggirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Great concealer!

I wear Ginger in the winter and Biscuit in the summer. I love the texture and the finish. It is creamy but sets on it's own - powder can be used but it is not necessary.

It is a strong medium coverage concealer. I recommend looking at a shade lighter when you are trying to find your colour.