NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.2

on 1/30/2015 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I had high hopes and it let me down.
Love the packaging, but something about this brands products breaks me out. I bought this for the normal concealer uses and covering the occasional breakout.

Firstly, the finish is brightening and powdery... I personally like makeup not to scream makeup, this does not look like skin. Yes, the colours are all pretty and may match, but you can't wear it by itself, unless you have naturally powdery skin texture.
It also sort of glows off your skin, i was matched, and tried three different colours for my skin, but even then it sticks out depending on the lighting. I've never had this before...

Secondly, the lasting power is so-so, i never usually complain about makeup lasting, but even with a finishing powder, it rubs off quite easily as time wears on.

For me this was a disappointment, especially from all the glowing reviews that pointed me in its direction. It is pretty, but for the price, and it's performance, there is much better out there without such an obvious finish.

on 1/25/2015 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this last year before I had ever heard any reviews on it. I was just playing around in sephora and was pretty impressed so I decided to try it out. I got excited at all the attention it was getting cause I really do think this is a great product! The color vanilla is perfect for me. I am quite pale, and finding a highlighting concealer can be hard because usually the lightest color just matches me. So im excited they have even a shade lighter that I plan to buy eventually. The coverage is really good, its creamy and easy to work with. I wish so bad they would just make a large container of this and sell it as foundation, it looks so nice on my skin. It has a doe foot applicator, so I mostly used this on my under eyes as I didn't want to use it on blemishes often for sanitary reasons. My least favorite part was packaging. At first I thought what you were looking at in the tube was the actual concealer, then for the longest time I was convinced it was just a colored tube. My tube is at its near end now and I can finally see some concealer has come off the sides. I feel like there is a lot of wasted product that I cant get the wand to pick up and that since its a hard plastic container I wont be able to get any more out.

on 1/25/2015 6:49:00 PM

Have searched for so long to find a concealer that has a brightening effect on my pale skin, and this is now my holy grail! I use the lightest shade and it has great coverage but does crease, though when set with a powder it seems to be fine. Is expensive but will keep purchasing until I find another brand that has a shade this light and brightening. Love, for now..

on 1/25/2015 3:30:00 PM

This product works very well and the colour Vanilla is perfect for me. I'd say the coverage is medium but buildable. I would not recommend this for under the eyes however as it does crease quite a bit.

on 1/25/2015 4:13:00 AM

Pros:
- can be layered for optimal coverage
- easy to blend in
- wide rage of shades to suit different needs (conceal, highlight...)
- the applicator's good, applies an even amount of product
- very high coverage

Cons:
- contrary to popular belief 'custard' is not a universal shade in fact I had to get a second tube ' Ginger' and a third 'Honey' to cover my under eye circles.
- it has a tendency to cake up if you apply too much and it transfers everywhere even when you set it with powder.
- it is more thicker in consistency than a liquid (DUH, creamy concealer), if you're battling against fine lines/wrinkles, this isn't what I'd recommend unless you really really prep and use a darn good under-eye cream to de-puff the area before going in with this.
- this broke me out sadly, I have very sensitive skin, so, that might be the cause.

on 1/25/2015 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
- love the packaging
- excellent coverage! covered up all my nasty pimples, scars and redness
- doesnt feel or look cakey
- doesnt break me out at all (i have very sensitive skin)
- a little goes a long way
- easy to apply
- sets quickly
- great for travelling

Cons:
- expensive
- i chose the wrong shade unfortunately :(

on 1/24/2015 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have two words for this concealer: Breakout City! Ugh.....

For reference, I have EXTREMELY sensitive skin and rosacea (the type that involves acne-like pimples; lucky me). My skin is so sensitive in fact, that I swear sometimes the air touching it will break me out. Seriously...even on days when I don't leave the house, I have to put on foundation to "protect" my skin from the air. Anyhow, with that said, here is my honest review of this product.

I purchased this in Chantilly, the lightest shade. It was a good match, but may have been a smidge on the light side, even for my fair NW 15-20 complexion. However, I do like concealers to brighten under my eyes, so this wasn't a problem for me.

I am big fan of the sponge tip applicator for its ease of use, but because I use concealer both under my eyes and on my blemishes, I had to spread it on the back of my hand, so as not to contaminate the sponge/product with my eye cream. That's just a personal preference; others may not have a problem with that.

I found that this concealer creased immediately under my eyes and on my eyelid. I had to deftly and diligently work with it to minimize the creasing. Once I did, I set it and liked the coverage, color payoff, and overall look. By the end of the day however, I looked about ten years older due to creasing. On my face, I found it provided excellent coverage over my foundation, but it tends to dry quickly, so you can't really "cook" it for too long. Also, it tends to dry a bit chalky. Oh, and the aforementioned break outs...yes, I developed a nasty rosacea rash, along with some cystic under-the-skin action, after 2-3 weeks of daily use.

Overall, I will not continue to use this and obviously would not repurchase. Even if I didn't break out, the product was just so-so for me. It does have a great color selection, which is a plus; but overall I will stick to IT's Bye Bye Under Eye for my eyes, and Covergirl Invisible concealer for my face. I can buy those two products for just a little more than one tube of the NARS, with way better results.

on 1/24/2015 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I bought this concealer in the shade Honey, & it's simply amazing. I use tons of NARS products, & they seem to not disappoint. The price is definitely worth it, & it's perfect to cover dark spots if you have any, or just under your eyes as I use. So it's definitely one of the best concealers I tried, which I have tried many.

on 1/24/2015 1:02:00 AM

I am going to be a downer and say I'm just not blown away. Yes, it is creamy but it is most definitely not radiant. When it comes to my skin, I want to achieve the most natural, skin like finish. The texture is thick and creamy; thus it just sits on top of the skin no matter how much you blend. It settles into fine lines and creases after 2 hours of application. Deeply disappointed and will not repurchase.

on 1/23/2015 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this when I visited the US since it's much more expensive in my home country Sweden. I have the shade Vanilla (second lightest). This is a very creamy, pigmented concealer, great for under eye and eyebrow area. It lasts all day so no complaints there. Also works as touch up during the day. It usually creases a bit on me though, which is annoying. I also thought I wouldn't use it up so quickly.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Cover FX Natural Finish Foundation & NARS Creamy Concealer - Review and Demonstration by BeautySavers

Top Rated NARS Products