August 30, 2014 | 1148 users online

Lip Gloss - NYX - Butter Gloss

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by cblazer973

I currently, and sadly only own one of these babies in Creme Brulee. I kept seeing this product talked about on YouTube channels and needed to find some. I actually stumbled upon them at a CVS I don't normally frequent but was super excited when I saw the stand. I went neutral on my first one because I want worried about looking clown-ish and was still trying to find a good nude color. I have to say, I've tried a lot of lip glosses and this one is quickly becoming my absolute favorite! I love me some Nars Orgasm, but the glitter is sometimes too much for me. These butter glosses are so beautiful! First the smell is DIVINE! Who doesn't love a good cookie/vanilla smell?! And the pigmentation is to die for! On top of all of that you have the smoothness from the gloss and it is not drying but doesn't have that sticky feeling either. I have to curb my usage because I imagine I'll be through the whole tube in less than a month!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2014 8:17:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was hesitant to try this product since I thought it might have been false hype. These go on sale frequently at Ulta so I decided to pick up some to try. So far, these are great and you can't beat the price. They are also great for layering with lipsticks. I own Merengue, Devil's Food Cake, and Creme Brûlée. MAC will always be my number one, but this is nice when I want to change things up. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2014 10:46:00 PM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review is for the Peach Cobbler butter gloss. This is my go-to spring/summer shade. The colour looks like a vibrant orange but it's not as intense on the lips. I can layer the gloss if I want more colour but with one swipe, I have nice glossy orangey/coral lips.

It does have a vanilla scent so if you're sensitive to scents then you may not like this. I'm sensitive to fragrances but luckily this doesn't bother me.
The staying power is standard with other glosses and of course, you can add it to lipsticks for extra colour or shine.

A great find at the drugstore!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Lilmissjudy

I've never purchase NYX lip products before. But I have to say I love these. I have two colors Praline and a pink shade. They smell good and go on smooth. They feel soft and look glossy but not sticky. I will go back to purchase more since price is such a great value.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 3:48:00 AM More reviews by Luv3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm never try any nyx product other than their jumbo eye pencil and pigment which i find really good. This is my first lip product from nyx. I have this in shade cherry cheese cake and peaches and cream. I like cherry cheese cake better than peaches and cream because i'm orange/coral kind of girl. The texture is smooth and it's easy to wear. It's also quite pigmented (one coat is enough for me) and last around 2 hours for me without eating and drinking. The only thing that i don't like is that this lip gloss make my lips flaky few hours after i use this but it is better than any other drugstore lip gloss (most of them make my lips flaky anyway) that i ever use and it is cheap and i don't mind to apply this every 2 hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 3:33:00 AM More reviews by tagme87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love these glosses. I have a couple different colors (Crème Brulee, Tiramisu, Angel Food Cake, Peaches and Cream, and Red Velvet) and like them all equally. They have a light, sweet vanilla scent and feel very light and silky on the lips. My lips feel very moisturized after application and the feeling hangs around for a while after the color wears off. The wand applicator tip gives pretty even application, but needs to be handled very carefully with the darker shades to ensure a precise application. Color payoff is decent--some colors are definitely more sheer than others, but I think in a good way. I feel like the sheerness of some of the lighter colors (like Crème Brulee) makes them very wearable and natural. They are not very long-lasting, but for $4.99/each (and often on sale BOGO 50% + coupon at Ulta) I can't really complain. I am on my second tube of Crème Brulee and plan on purchasing more shades in the future since the formula works so well for me. The shade selection is also quite generous and has a good mix of neutrals, bright colors, lights, and darks.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by handfulofgoo

I have this in the shade Tiramisu and I'm on my second tube of it! Once the first tube finished I realized how HG this was and decided I had to repurchase. I guess Tiramisu isn't one of the popular shades because I don't hear a lot of people talk about it but it's the most perfect mauve sort of pink. The website does not describe this shade well at all because it most definitely is not "brown"! Anyway, the texture of these is unbelievable ..so comfortable to wear, not sticky or tacky. They feel to me like a lip balm with extra slipperiness. And they also smell like cake, which is quite pleasant. I think this is something everyone should have when they want the glamour of shine that lipgloss gives. Also, this could be a great starting point for people who aren't used to or don't like the feel of lipgloss on their lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2014 6:01:00 AM More reviews by MSmith99

I have the shade vanilla cream pie. It is your standard blue based pink. What I like about the gloss is that it smells good (like cake or something, I can't quite put my finger on it) the consistency is nice (actually feels like butter on the lips!), the applicator applies a nice amount, the colour is gorgeous, it's cheap (for an Australian price) and the colour range is extensive! However, I do happen to suffer from my hair sticking to my gloss, and the lasting power is not the greatest. I don't really wear this to school a lot as I feel like I have to retouch my lipgloss every hour or so, I suppose it doesn't last too long because the butteriness makes it melt into your lips. Will repurchase though, as I've been eyeing a few (okay, definitely more than a few!) more colours in the range!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by annalea

NYX is hard to find in my area but I tracked these down around mothers day and ended up picking up 4 shades. They had a mothers-day-package with a red, peach and light pink, and then they also had one sold individually that was a purpled pink. I paid $14 for the set of 3, and around $5 for the single. I love all of them. The closest thing I can compare them to is MAC's Creamsheen lipgloss, which are my favorite glosses.
For me, if I want full impact color I will go for a lipstick, so the color pay-off (or lack there of) is not a huge deal for me. The red did have quite a bit of color for a gloss but was still very wearable and appropriate for daytime wear. The rest of the colors were lightly-tinted, but enough color for me personally.
I find they wear best layered over a coat of my Nivea lip-balm (it probably sheers them out ever more) but I can throw them on my bare lips without any problems.
Anyways, these are my new go-to lip products. I keep most of them in my purse because they are easy, cheap and moisturizing on the lip.
They smell better then Creamsheens and are a fraction of the price! These are a no brainer in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by darthodis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Not sticky, beautiful colours, nice smell, the color of the packaging actually match the color of the product, nice finish, affordable, great alone and great on top of a lipstick. Apple Strudel is my fave.

But I lasted only 30 minutes on my lips, maximum, before it was completely gone.