July 25, 2014 | 1753 users online

Lip Gloss - NYX - Butter Gloss

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Juliette119

I LOVE these lip glosses! I have 5 of them and still want to get more. The packaging is cute, with a small heart on it and the matching color on the tube. These lip glosses are a steal for $5 or 6 dollars. They are creamy, non-sticky and have the perfect amount of pigmentation. They also have a variety of shades to choose from. These are some of my favorite lip glosses and are a huge must have wherever I go. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by anaelleee

I got really excited from all the hype, so ordered 7 shades from Cherry Culture at once, haha! The smell is alright, though I expected more since everyone was saying how yummy it smelled. I guess I am just really picky about scents (?). To me, it smelled a bit like play-doh, chemicals and a hint of sweetness all in one, which is a weird mixture for me.

However, the real reason I only rated this 3/5 was because of the formula. Since the first ingredient is petrolatum (essentially vaseline), it felt a bit heavy on my lips. It didn't sink into fine lines and lasted a decent amount of time for a gloss (2 hours-ish), but I could feel it on my lips the whole time, which is one of the reasons why I don't usually like lip glosses. It is a bit sticky, but nothing overwhelming, so that is alright for me.

creme brulee and tiramisu are both nice nudes for my nc20 skin, although creme brulee is much sheerer, almost like a clear gloss on me! The colours are sheer enough to be flattering for many skin tones, but opaque enough where all the colours look a bit different, so we can own many of them! ;)

Overall, I would recommend if you guys are used to the feel of Vaseline on the lips, but personally, after I use these up (Since I want to support a cruelty-free brand, the colours are nice, and it has decent ingredients), I will not repurchase and will look elsewhere. They are worth a try :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 5:05:00 PM More reviews by franneh

3 words: Buy. This. Now. The Nyx Butter Gloss in Eclair is an essential in my purse. It's the perfect baby pink that looks great on its own or on top of lipstick. Unlike most lip glosses, butter gloss is far from sticky. 10s across the board for opacity, texture, and value.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 7:55:00 PM More reviews by goldenpeach86

I really enjoy these lip butters.I have the colors Apple Strudel and Peach Cobbler,with Peach Cobbler being my favorite of the two. What I love about these is that they don't show up dry spots on the lips, they make my lips feel soft, and they provide a nice amount of color. Apple Strudel is more of a light baby pink and Peach Cobbler is as the name states a peachy pink that gives my lips the perfect pop of color. I don't find these to be sticky or tacky. They provide a decent amount of coverage with just one coat but I usually apply 2-3 for more color pay off. Peach Cobbler seems to have better color pay off than the Apple Strudel but I assume this is because Apple Strudel is a lighter color. If your looking for a gloss that isn't sticky, if you have dry lips that need hydration, or just want a shiny lip gloss that will provide you with a nice hint of color(darker shades seem to have better color payoff) then I would definitely give these a try! As other reviewers have stated the gloss wont last you all day but I am completely okay with applying touch ups. At $4.99 each your wallet wont be hurting either :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by gdallar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

HG gloss right here. I didn't wear gloss before I got these. Here's what makes these the absolute bomb-diggity.

PROS:
-affordable. I believe they retail at ulta for 4ish dollar.
-color selection. this is really NYX puts high end companies like MAC to shame. The color selection will allow you to find light to dark, cool to neutral to warm tones, that work just right with your skin and preferences.
-texture: *my favorite thing about this product. the texture is like butter, no gimmick needed here. feels almost like a thick, moisturizing, even, soft lip balm!
-pigmentation: the saturation is very even, and full pigment. you get what you pay for.
-scent: delicious yummy sweet cookie heaven. mmm mm good.

CONS:
-NYX isn't as easily available compared to CG or maybelline, being Canadian I certainly understand
-wear: yes, this gloss doesn't last forever. but when you get a buttery balmy type of gloss, this is the unfortunate consequence.
However, reapply is such a breeze and a comfortable non-drying experience, that putting on a fresh coat is never too much of a problem.

overall: ***if you hate sticky glosses, run and get this, now. pronto. stat.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 5:22:00 AM More reviews by seristoff

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG these are literally my favorite glosses, and maybe even my favorite lip products just in general! I love the shade Peaches and Cream. These little babies have pretty good staying power, and they definitely have some colour in them. The smells are to amazing, and I am pretty darn sure that these glosses each have a different smell. The packaging could be some what not that sanitary, but everything else evens it out. What I love most about these guys is they have this buttery non-sticky feel that truly makes these guys a winner. Love love love these glosses and definitely recommend :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Applehead09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Love them. Smells soo great !

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by biancam9214

I bought "Apple Strudel" and "Creme Brule". Love the colors, but the product does not last very long.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Emmylou28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't believe such a powerful little gloss can be $5. I have so far accumulated 11 of these little babies. I love them sooo much. I have bought a few backups of my faves eclair and creme brulee. They are medium coverage, non-sticky, glide like a dream. I seem to go throught them fairly fast, but then again I am a reapplyer so I guess I should expect that. This is truly the best lip gloss out there. I think it beats my higher end ones even. The wonderful thing about the butter glosses is they can be worn over lipstick or alone. I am trying to give my brighter shades a chance for spring/summer, but I seem to use the light pinks and nudes the most. I recommend to everyone, even lip gloss haters. These may just change your mind! <3

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by shelby1211

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product in Strawberry Parfait, which is a cool magenta-y color. It is somewhere between sheer and opaque but has such a delightful feeling on. No it is not the most moisturizing product I own, but let's be real, for these prices you will never find something that moisturizing. It is such a fun spring color (I AM SO HAPPY NYX IS AT MY LOCAL CVS AHHHH). I do agree that the packaging is a little annoying because you cannot see how much product you have but it's okay, a little cheap but for these prices, who can complain. One of my new favorite glosses!