December 20, 2014 | 1302 users online

BB Cream - Lumene - Vitamin C+ Illuminating Anti-Age BB Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by alicia14787

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Loving this so far. I wanted something lighter than traditional foundation for the summer months. The shade medium seems to warm up nicely to my tan skin tone. I do go over this with my glominerals pressed powder foundation to set it & matte my t zone. Together it's perfect coverage without feeling too heavy. I have some acne scarring & dark spots & it covers them very well. I will say it doesn't hold up well in heat. I wore it out in the heat & it completely melted off where my sunglasses were. It was totally obvious, and that's my only major complaint.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'll start with the one not so great thing about this product, it can feel tacky on your skin. However, a light dusting of powder takes care of this. On my combo skin, this adds great luminosity without looking greasy at all. It also blurs my imperfections and I only need a little concealer on acne, but no concealer needed under my eyes. The coverage stays in place for quite a few hours which is good for a BB cream. I also noticed that it looks pretty natural in daylight. I have the light shade and even with my summer slightly tanned skin, this is adjusting nicely. I really like this and will most likely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by amanda311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this bb when I ran out of my Skin79 VIP Gold and the US website was sold out of evvvverrryy size of it. I didnt want to wait til my VIP Gold came back in stock so I started looking for a good drugstore one to tide me over. Based on the reviews, Lumene's seemed like a good fit. It was 15 and change at CVS which is cheaper than the one I was using by half but it also comes with a little less. The tube is fine, sanitary and doesn't glop up in the cap. The consistency is okay, seems hard to spead at first but once you have a coat if you need a little more it will melt on evenly. The color of the light one is a little to dark for me, and maybe not yellow enough but I use a little regular foundation mixed in and it's fine. The spf is a little low and not truly broad-spectrum but it's a chemical sunscreen instead of a physical one and since some people can't wear physical sunscreens it's a good option to have. The foundation I mix it with has better spf so I'm not bothered but other ladies might want to moisturize with something with a broad spectrum of 30 or better. Coverage isnt bad, can be built. It moisturizes well enough, i have no dry patches. I dont think it broke me out, i think horomones gave me a pimple or two at the same time i used it. In any event, it hasn't irritated me further. Overall it's the only western bb I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by lulu56

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this. I tried Garnier, both versions, one too greasy and orange, the other too dry and cakey. Maybelline, tanned with it, not thrilled. L'Oreal, way too expensive for little product and orange. After reading the reviews here, I got this in Light and it is a perfect match for my skin. It was on sale at Walgreens. I like the smell and how it covers the brown spots under my eyes and it didn't break me out. I did get somewhat oily after 3-4 hours during our heat wave here but a little touch up with powder took care of that. I would buy again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this in light. As usual, with most drugstore products, it turned orangey on my pale NC20 skin. I can probably get away with it in the summer, but it's way to orange for year around use,. I didn't find that it moisturized very much,..it was drying as I was trying to blend it in, so you need to work fast, I haven't worn it long enough to see whether or not it agrees with my skin, or it makes any difference to my complexion, but I will update. I also found that I'm going to have to really moisturize before I apply this cream. Sort of defeats the purpose, I may return it, Just depends on now much I want to mess with a drugstore cream to make it work,

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 9:21:00 AM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Add this to the list of NON matching bb cream/foundations out there for my super yellow NC20-25 skin. Its on sale for BOGO half at CVS right now so I took the chance & bought BOTH shades available and sadly neither worked for me. The Light is very NEUTRAL on my skin, clearly demarcated pink-grey, not as cool/orange as others I've tried but definetly not what I define as yellow. Please try this if your NW20 or so though. I kept reading how this was different and had warmer undertones, nope not for me atleast. The Medium is definetly more YELLOW but looked brown on me since its too dark, its best for NC35 IMO. Its a shame because the texture, coverage, spf & ingredients are really great, but shade selection & undertones are just not.

Its like Lumene forgot about 90% of women out there & just made 2 shades, perfect for 2 ranges of women. Its not even selling it as skin adjusting/universal blending, so there aware of the lacking. Maybe I can hope & wish for something in the future.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Lifeasanicecube

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this bb cream! It smells delicious and it's very moisturizing, it also has an SPF of 30, which is lovely.

It doesn't have that great of cover, but it is a bb cream, and I find it helps with redness.

The smell is sort of like oranges and smells fruity in a non-synthetic way.

It tends to run dark though, and light is still too dark for me and I'm not all too pale compared to other girls I know!

The packaging is a squeeze top, so it's hard to put in your bag because sometimes, if pressure is applied, it may leak. :/ But the writing on it's cute, it's in Finnish!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by suzzen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This BB cream is exactly what I had hoped it would be. The light color is perfect for my light olive/freckled skin. It blends perfectly. Smells wonderful . . . kind of like orange blossoms. I don't usually purchase the same items because I'm always tempted to try "new" and "improved" products, but I definitely will be purchasing this again when I run out. I had a coupon and it was on sale at Walgreen's, so that definitely helped with the price. My skin kind of glows when I'm wearing it. I have combination/slightly oily skin, but the BB cream doesn't make it greasy at all. It stays put and wears well. Easy to remove at the end of the day. I hope that after using it for a while I'll see the benefits that the BB cream boasts.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by skibumschick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this. I don't use it as a BB cream or even a tinted moisturizer. I use it as a foundation. The coverage I get from this is that good. After I apply my morning moisturizer, I apply this. I just use my fingers and gently pat it into my skin, blending the edges. It's a great color for my NC 20 skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Ginger30

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Another fan here. I love it! I use the light color. Good ingredients, good price (especially if you have a CVS sale coupon), good packaging, good spf.
No breakouts, no orange, no stinging. I have normal to dryish skin and it works great on me! Product gives a natural glow. Nothing fake looking on me. I like to try BB creams (and now there are CC creams, haha!), because I like the idea of "all-in-one" products, Since SPF is needed in in the daytime and foundations and primers are needed to smooth and cover redness areas, the BB creams are the best way to go for day.