July 28, 2014 | 1714 users online

BB Cream - Lumene - Vitamin C+ Illuminating Anti-Age BB Cream

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 9:21:00 AM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Add this to the list of NON matching bb cream/foundations out there for my super yellow NC20-25 skin. Its on sale for BOGO half at CVS right now so I took the chance & bought BOTH shades available and sadly neither worked for me. The Light is very NEUTRAL on my skin, clearly demarcated pink-grey, not as cool/orange as others I've tried but definetly not what I define as yellow. Please try this if your NW20 or so though. I kept reading how this was different and had warmer undertones, nope not for me atleast. The Medium is definetly more YELLOW but looked brown on me since its too dark, its best for NC35 IMO. Its a shame because the texture, coverage, spf & ingredients are really great, but shade selection & undertones are just not.

Its like Lumene forgot about 90% of women out there & just made 2 shades, perfect for 2 ranges of women. Its not even selling it as skin adjusting/universal blending, so there aware of the lacking. Maybe I can hope & wish for something in the future.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Lifeasanicecube

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this bb cream! It smells delicious and it's very moisturizing, it also has an SPF of 30, which is lovely.

It doesn't have that great of cover, but it is a bb cream, and I find it helps with redness.

The smell is sort of like oranges and smells fruity in a non-synthetic way.

It tends to run dark though, and light is still too dark for me and I'm not all too pale compared to other girls I know!

The packaging is a squeeze top, so it's hard to put in your bag because sometimes, if pressure is applied, it may leak. :/ But the writing on it's cute, it's in Finnish!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by suzzen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This BB cream is exactly what I had hoped it would be. The light color is perfect for my light olive/freckled skin. It blends perfectly. Smells wonderful . . . kind of like orange blossoms. I don't usually purchase the same items because I'm always tempted to try "new" and "improved" products, but I definitely will be purchasing this again when I run out. I had a coupon and it was on sale at Walgreen's, so that definitely helped with the price. My skin kind of glows when I'm wearing it. I have combination/slightly oily skin, but the BB cream doesn't make it greasy at all. It stays put and wears well. Easy to remove at the end of the day. I hope that after using it for a while I'll see the benefits that the BB cream boasts.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by skibumschick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this. I don't use it as a BB cream or even a tinted moisturizer. I use it as a foundation. The coverage I get from this is that good. After I apply my morning moisturizer, I apply this. I just use my fingers and gently pat it into my skin, blending the edges. It's a great color for my NC 20 skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Ginger30

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Another fan here. I love it! I use the light color. Good ingredients, good price (especially if you have a CVS sale coupon), good packaging, good spf.
No breakouts, no orange, no stinging. I have normal to dryish skin and it works great on me! Product gives a natural glow. Nothing fake looking on me. I like to try BB creams (and now there are CC creams, haha!), because I like the idea of "all-in-one" products, Since SPF is needed in in the daytime and foundations and primers are needed to smooth and cover redness areas, the BB creams are the best way to go for day.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by jmara

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used this BB cream for several weeks now and absolutely love it. I had tried several others before, some quite expensive, that just didn't work at all for me either because they were either too shiny, or the color was too yellow. This is the very best! It knocks all the others out of the park. On my fair/pinkish skin the Light shade is absolutely perfect. It looks like my skin only better. I don't need any concealer, I do use a little bit of moisturizer under it since my skin is very dry. It does "set" very quickly, but I got used to that right away and like others have said, it stays on all day and looks great.

This is a real winner! It's great to find an affordable product that really works.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 9:51:00 AM More reviews by lisa7788

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this based on the reviews here. I like it the best of the three I've tried. The color match of light is perfect and the coverage is just enough. I wear it more often than I thought I would. I'm blond with a fair-medium Scandinavian complexion and this works wonderfully. I will definitely repurchase!
Oh, I'm acne prone and this does not bother my skin at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

Couldn't agree more with most of the reviews on this. It really is fantastic. I was worried about there only being two shades but the Light works great for my NC25 skintone. This has awesome coverage and sets, yet still looks glowy, but not greasy at all. Love it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by AeonFlux

After reading all the reviews on this I really was excited to try it.
Well, I ended up returning it.
My skin is an NW20 and I found that this turned my face super orange. I even got it in the lightest color 01 Light. I don't know why it did that. It didn't look that way coming out of the tube. A lot of people said that this stuff doesn't oxidize but in the end, it did on my skin. Very disappointing. Oh, well...the search continues for my perfect BB cream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by barnycat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an excellent product. I have never been able to wear liquid foundation. I've tried high end, low end, and everything in between. Without fail it oxidizes and turns orange or it slides off my face in a few hours, leaving a greasy mess. So I've used powder foundations for years. Now that BB creams are all the rage I did some research and Lumene was well rated, so I thought I would try it. I worried about the shade, as I'm very fair but with lots of ruddy undertones and Lumene only has 2 colors. I purchased this on sale for about 11 bucks in the 'light' shade. Best buy I've ever made on any foundation. It makes my skin look better but still natural. It stays in place for 6-8 hours with no touch up. No oxidation and no break outs. A little goes a long way, but it dries quickly so work fast. It almost soaks into the skin, the finish is lovely. The color is neutral and would work for any light color tone skin. A little powder and blush and I'm good for the day. This is truly a great product and I will continue to repurchase. Also, I've been using this for about a month, six days a week, and there is probably more than 75% left in the bottle. Good value.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No