November 27, 2014 | 1461 users online

BB Cream - Tarte - BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by alexperriap

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this product is lovely. very smooth on the skin but it does a great job of evening out my redness. I probably will purchase this again. The only negative I have with this product is that when I look up close in a mirror I can see where the it settles into my pores which is quite nit-picky I know but other tarte products dont have this effect.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by amosina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wish this product weren't so expensive - otherwise I'd only use this brand. The coverage is good and it makes me look nice and tan without looking like I'm wearing makeup. On days when my skin is more oily than normal, I sometimes need to use a little finishing powder over the BB cream to get a more matte finish. Otherwise, I usually find the BB cream is enough coverage on its own.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Lampa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I used the sample in February and I knew this product would be really great for summer so I saved it for summer! I've been loving it. It provides light to medium coverage. Even for my oily skin this was a little drying in winter time so I would recommend for summer. I do not recommend this for people who have drier skin. :( Overall I love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by cdwhitehaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product. It went on a like a dream. But it made me look shinier than I already am, and it caused lots of breakouts. Total bummer.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by shescrafty72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

MEH! Don't love, don't hate it. As a BB cream, not so great, as a tinted primer, much better. There is an asian brand BB cream that I love love love so this had big shoes to fill! Color selection is good, provides decent light coverage and is ok for days when I just want to even out my skin tone without a full face of makeup, I still have to powder to set it. Not a huge fan of the "silicon-y" feel that most people rave about, but that is why its a primer right. Really, I just wish tarte would have not tried to jump on the BB cream bandwagon and called it a tinted primer, having said that, I wouldn't have purchased it had it not said BB cream...but I do feel kind of mislead. I'm not sure that calling it a "treatment" is accurate either, there are no other good-for-your-skin qualities other than the spf. Will I use it up? sure, but I will not repurchase it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Kemmae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Asian bb creams, but was interested in trying a western bb cream and chose this bb cream in Light. This bb cream in great! It doesn't feel heavy on my skin and feels so smoothly when I put it on. Coverage for me is light, which is great for summer. Not my HG bb cream, but definetly in the top.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by ahitter

I wish this wasn't so expensive, as I would slather it all over my body. I even like this alone with a dusting of mineral powder. I do pair it with the Amazonian Clay foundation, and love the results. I am very pale, and while a bit darker than my skin, it is not a deal breaker. Provides a nice natural finish for a no make-up look, or a smooth base to begin your makeup routine, I also have an oily t-zone, and this helps absorb oil and make my look last longer.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by hipmamma

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was on my second tube of Smashbox's BB cream when I decided to try Tarte's version. Why:
the Smashbox BB cream would oxidize to an unflattering grey over time and I wasn't very thrilled with the color match.
Tarte's BB cream started out wonderful but I had to discontinue because of chronic, persistent breakouts. I don't have sensitive skin so this was a real shocker for me. If it wasn't for that I would still be using it. I love the "slip", the finish, the color match (medium) and the lasting power.
Also the cap on my second tube broke within a week of opening; not good!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by hellok1tty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Oh my! I have found the perfect product for my face! I was playing with various powdered mineral foundations, but after using this, I am done searching. This is what I use as my foundation now, and I just can't gush enough about how much I love it. It's a bit pricey at $36, but a little goes a long way.

This stuff goes on like silk, and it spreads soooooo well. I didn't need very much at all. I applied it using a foundation brush. It offers light coverage which is buildable, and it was just enough to cover my imperfections, including redness. It didn't cover the redness completely; after all it is a bb cream and not a foundation (I have noticed some reviewers have unrealistic expectations of tinted moisturizers), but it did cover it enough without me having to glop on more products to cover the redness.

This bb cream makes my skin look smooth and flawless and amazing, and I don't look like I'm wearing anything at all. I didn't even need concealer for my dark undereye circles because the bb cream covered them perfectly. I set it with a very light dusting of mineral finishing powder.

EDIT: After using this product for a while, I have noticed that it tends to cake up on dry areas of my face, and it settles into my fine lines. I have dry facial skin, so I tried putting moisturizer on before I apply this bb cream. I have tried both a light daily moisturizer and a heavy-duty moisturizer and neither one seems to make a difference to how the bb cream reacts to those parts of my skin. If I put a primer on (I use aloe vera gel) after I moisturize and then apply the bb cream, it seems to help with the issue, but I think that's too much to do simply to wear this bb cream. I still really enjoy the coverage and the texture of it, but I don't think I will buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Lately, I have been feeling extremely frustrated. I have been trying to find a foundation that will do what I want it to do. I have a medium complexion, redness, small bumps, and extremely oily and sensitive skin. Foundations either fade away after a very short time or look cakey and unnatural. So I started researching BB creams. Most of the ones I found are very sheer and give almost no coverage. I loved the staying power of the Amazonian Clay, so I decided to get a sample of this BB cream from Sephora. I'm SO glad I just got a sample rather than purchasing a full size tube right away.

To put it simply, this product was a HUGE disappointment. When you first put it on, it looks amazing. A pea sized amount is enough to cover my entire face. It covered the redness well and minimized the bumps. I did use a moisturizer and primer with this as well.

This product claims to last 12 hours. The Amazonian Clay foundation did last over 12 hours for me, so I was hoping this BB cream would do the same. But unfortunately, it did not. The areas where I have the most trouble with making staying put is on my nose and my cheeks. This BB cream faded away on both in a very short time. I would say it lasted less than 6 hours. Which is really disappointing. When I applied it this morning, I really liked the lightweight, natural coverage it gave me. I will not be purchasing a full-sized tube of this product.