September 3, 2014 | 1518 users online

BB Cream - Tarte - BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

Ok, I think I am a converter and will have to go and get a full size of this "stinker" just because I fell in love with it.
At first, when I saw the size of this BB cream I thought, no way in heck I'll be paying $34 for this and decided to try the amazonian clay foundation instead. A lovely girl at Sephora talked me through both products and really highlighted the part of this BB cream being a PRIMER not really a BB cream as we all think of it (Asian blah blah).
I am blessed with a decent skin but it is combination oily and I do get dry spots and small acne scars here and there so I wanted to see how well would this cover.
If you have a spotty face, this will NOT cover it up, you DO need to use a separate concealer which I am personally OK with and was expecting to do that regardless.
It applies so so effortlessly and feels like I have absolutely nothing on. I actually even checked my face through out the day to see if it slid off just because it felt so light on.
What this BB cream really is, is a tinted primer. It has a feel of a silky primer and it perfects the skin tone and pores. It keeps my oily T-zone matte/semi matte throughout the day, but I have to moisturize drier areas in order to avoid dry patches.

How I like to use it is I skip a moisturizer on my T-zone but do put some on drier areas. I apply the BB cream all over, cover the remaining spots on my face (pin point concealing technique is the best. Wach Lisa Eldridge on youtube if you don't know how to do it) and I set the whole thing with Laura Geller's Balance n Brighten powder foundation. Because it's a powder foundation you can really build the coverage.
This creates an absolutely flawless face for me and I think it's perfect for the humid summer months.

And the reason I gave this product 4 lippies is the price and yes, I have to go back and repurchase the full size dang it!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by LadyVLO

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love love love it. It's so velvety smooth going on and the coverage is decent. It gives a flawless matte look. I set it with MAC mineralize powder. I will most def repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by newman

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received a sample from Sephora after I ran out of the 'Smooth Operator' that is now marketed as a BB cream. The SA raved about the new BB tinted primer and suggested that I use the colour 'fair' and try it at home. I can't believe the consistency! It's like velvet and spreads like butter and you only need the tiniest amount to even out your skin. There is no chemical smell to it. The colour matches my skin perfectly (NW 15) and it feels like you wear nothing at all. It also does not oxydize. The Canadian version has the same ingredients as the US version but it doesn't claim 'Broad Spectrum' so just to be on the safe side you need to wear sunscreen under it. Remember too, that the tiny amount that you need to even out your skin would never protect you from the sun. I use the Ecotools foundation brush to blend the BB primer in and than put a little 'Dollface' blush on my cheeks and I'm ready to go. I have used it for 4 months and still have a lot left. This is the highest price I have ever paid for a BB Cream (it's really a TM) but I do not regret it and would purchase it again. I LOVE this, HG!! I previously tried Maybelline Dream Fresh which is lovely but just can't compare to this.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Shelbylee

Heard great things about this product and figured I would give it a shot. I absolutely FELL IN LOVE. This is my HG and I have never said that before. Consistency is different, at first, but it makes your skin silly smooth. Blends Imperfections and seriously makes your pores look barely there. Only downfall is for the price there is not much product (all though a little goes a long way) and the tube tends to become stained when makeup touches it. Other than that, I am rushing back to sephora to purchase more!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by MyDearSophie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Okay, I really loved this. I wasn’t to since I had really bad experiences with makeup in the past and even stopped wearing for over eight months because I couldn’t find any that didn’t make my face a gross, oily, streaky mess. I had just about given up on makeup completely (figuring that it was hopeless and nothing was going to be right for my skin), but decided to try again and out of sheer luck, I came across this. The texture of this is hard to explain, but amazing. Very light, airy and smooth. Also, great coverage for a primer. I have acne scars on one cheek and it helped quite a bit in blurring them. It didn’t get oily on my skin throughout the day, did smooth out my skin texture AND stayed in place all day (even in 102 degree California heat on a beach day) under my bareMinerals READY powder. Even looks nice when worn alone, good for a quick trip to the store (quick application and you get some coverage along with SPF 30). I would definitely recommend this product, I see this as the kind of product that would work on many different skin types, except for maybe really dry skin types because I have oily skin and it still flakes a little on my dry spots if I forget to moisturize before rubbing this on.

Update: As i really love purchasing new makeup, i seldom keep using the same product for very long. However, it has been over a year and I am still loving this product and have repurchased (only once, as a 1 oz tube lasted me 6 months with daily use). Granted, It did not get as much use during the winter months as I now know that this can really cling to any dry patches on the skin even on someone with skin like mine, combination but mostly oily. Now that we are getting back into the 100+ degree weather days here in California, this is a godsend. I love to use this (with Tarte's own Amazonian Clay Concealer, which melts beautifully over the top of this, more so than with any other base product I have tried it with), under my Bare Minerals READY Tinted Touch-Up veil, and top that off with Makeup Forever's Cream Blush (in 410, a universally flattering coral shade) all these products together give the most beautiful "natural" summer look (I just thought I would mention something that might make a good combination of products for those, like me, with sensitive/combination skin as they transition into the hotter weather, and possibly want to "lighten up" their look:). This BB Primer is definitely the key to how smooth it looks, and gives me more confidence when up close to others as i know this is not making my face look cakey and overly done. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by yoyolanda

I'm surprised by the mixed reviews. I've been quite amazed with this BB. The mousse like texture feels so light and delicate on my face when so many BB's are heavy and greasy. Love the coverage. And there is a noticeable improvement in my skin's texture and clarity. Worth the money because it actually follows through with what it promises

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2013 3:15:00 AM More reviews by glittermaven

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I truly wanted to love this product. It made my skin look great and the color was a perfect match for me(Light, I have about NC 25 skin). BUT this stuff broke me out worse than any product I have ever used. And I don't just mean a little, I mean huge cystic acne on my forhead where I don't ever breakout. I stopped using it about 5 days ago and my skin still looks horrible. And it was pretty great before. I have no idea what is in this that caused my reaction but acne-prone folks beware--this one clogs pores :-(

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2013 4:19:00 AM More reviews by geanieLOL

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Let me tell you about this BBCream, and using the sample for a month, it really did improve the look of my skin. I've always hated my forehead because it had discolouration and wrinkles when I raise my eyebrows. I could see a huge difference with this baby. HOWEVER me being an oily skin girl, and I mean extremely oily having to blot every two hours... This alone didn't control my oil at all. But I experimented with it more and used my primer under and it kinda worked! The coverage is good for it being lightweight and you also can never go wrong with SPF but I think it's better to use a brush with this to build more coverage, if you try to do it with your fingers, it will look cakey. I think I'll try bare minerals next though

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by sunlovin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Tried this on the advice of the Sephora consultant as an alternative to Smashbox BB.
I actually love the way this looks on my skin--can get away with this alone-- and also love the way my foundation goes on over it when I want more coverage.

Unfortunately, I have sensitive, acne-prone skin and it clogs my pores : ( After wearing it for a few days I started to get whiteheads, then got the beginnings of a big gnarly zit. Luckily I was able to prevent a full-blown zit by using a scrub and a peel, but after that I didn't dare try it again.

I think I'll try the Lumene next as that seemed to get great reviews even from acne-prone users.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Hilarigh

I wanted to like this but it was just too drying on my normal/combo skin. It really accentuated my pores and fine lines so I took it back. I think this would be great for someone with oily skin.