October 26, 2014 | 1335 users online

BB Cream - Tarte - BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Kemmae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Asian bb creams, but was interested in trying a western bb cream and chose this bb cream in Light. This bb cream in great! It doesn't feel heavy on my skin and feels so smoothly when I put it on. Coverage for me is light, which is great for summer. Not my HG bb cream, but definetly in the top.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by ahitter

I wish this wasn't so expensive, as I would slather it all over my body. I even like this alone with a dusting of mineral powder. I do pair it with the Amazonian Clay foundation, and love the results. I am very pale, and while a bit darker than my skin, it is not a deal breaker. Provides a nice natural finish for a no make-up look, or a smooth base to begin your makeup routine, I also have an oily t-zone, and this helps absorb oil and make my look last longer.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by hipmamma

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was on my second tube of Smashbox's BB cream when I decided to try Tarte's version. Why:
the Smashbox BB cream would oxidize to an unflattering grey over time and I wasn't very thrilled with the color match.
Tarte's BB cream started out wonderful but I had to discontinue because of chronic, persistent breakouts. I don't have sensitive skin so this was a real shocker for me. If it wasn't for that I would still be using it. I love the "slip", the finish, the color match (medium) and the lasting power.
Also the cap on my second tube broke within a week of opening; not good!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by hellok1tty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Oh my! I have found the perfect product for my face! I was playing with various powdered mineral foundations, but after using this, I am done searching. This is what I use as my foundation now, and I just can't gush enough about how much I love it. It's a bit pricey at $36, but a little goes a long way.

This stuff goes on like silk, and it spreads soooooo well. I didn't need very much at all. I applied it using a foundation brush. It offers light coverage which is buildable, and it was just enough to cover my imperfections, including redness. It didn't cover the redness completely; after all it is a bb cream and not a foundation (I have noticed some reviewers have unrealistic expectations of tinted moisturizers), but it did cover it enough without me having to glop on more products to cover the redness.

This bb cream makes my skin look smooth and flawless and amazing, and I don't look like I'm wearing anything at all. I didn't even need concealer for my dark undereye circles because the bb cream covered them perfectly. I set it with a very light dusting of mineral finishing powder.

EDIT: After using this product for a while, I have noticed that it tends to cake up on dry areas of my face, and it settles into my fine lines. I have dry facial skin, so I tried putting moisturizer on before I apply this bb cream. I have tried both a light daily moisturizer and a heavy-duty moisturizer and neither one seems to make a difference to how the bb cream reacts to those parts of my skin. If I put a primer on (I use aloe vera gel) after I moisturize and then apply the bb cream, it seems to help with the issue, but I think that's too much to do simply to wear this bb cream. I still really enjoy the coverage and the texture of it, but I don't think I will buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Lately, I have been feeling extremely frustrated. I have been trying to find a foundation that will do what I want it to do. I have a medium complexion, redness, small bumps, and extremely oily and sensitive skin. Foundations either fade away after a very short time or look cakey and unnatural. So I started researching BB creams. Most of the ones I found are very sheer and give almost no coverage. I loved the staying power of the Amazonian Clay, so I decided to get a sample of this BB cream from Sephora. I'm SO glad I just got a sample rather than purchasing a full size tube right away.

To put it simply, this product was a HUGE disappointment. When you first put it on, it looks amazing. A pea sized amount is enough to cover my entire face. It covered the redness well and minimized the bumps. I did use a moisturizer and primer with this as well.

This product claims to last 12 hours. The Amazonian Clay foundation did last over 12 hours for me, so I was hoping this BB cream would do the same. But unfortunately, it did not. The areas where I have the most trouble with making staying put is on my nose and my cheeks. This BB cream faded away on both in a very short time. I would say it lasted less than 6 hours. Which is really disappointing. When I applied it this morning, I really liked the lightweight, natural coverage it gave me. I will not be purchasing a full-sized tube of this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by sawmakeup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to like this because it did control oil very, very well. However, I think it made me break out. I used it for almost a month, but by the end, I had to say it must be this causing me to have bumps all over my face. Also whiteheads and blackheads on my forehead that I am still living through the purge.

It's also very matte, and I never thought that there was such a thing as too matte, but this is. It definitely is not moisturizing, so any dry patch at all will be accentuated. It does apply like velvet as others have said. and that is dreamy!!

I wish I knew which ingredient was the problem, but now I'm too scared to try another BB cream! Too late to return this, so I guess I'll use it up on my nose as sunscreen.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

Ok, I think I am a converter and will have to go and get a full size of this "stinker" just because I fell in love with it.
At first, when I saw the size of this BB cream I thought, no way in heck I'll be paying $34 for this and decided to try the amazonian clay foundation instead. A lovely girl at Sephora talked me through both products and really highlighted the part of this BB cream being a PRIMER not really a BB cream as we all think of it (Asian blah blah).
I am blessed with a decent skin but it is combination oily and I do get dry spots and small acne scars here and there so I wanted to see how well would this cover.
If you have a spotty face, this will NOT cover it up, you DO need to use a separate concealer which I am personally OK with and was expecting to do that regardless.
It applies so so effortlessly and feels like I have absolutely nothing on. I actually even checked my face through out the day to see if it slid off just because it felt so light on.
What this BB cream really is, is a tinted primer. It has a feel of a silky primer and it perfects the skin tone and pores. It keeps my oily T-zone matte/semi matte throughout the day, but I have to moisturize drier areas in order to avoid dry patches.

How I like to use it is I skip a moisturizer on my T-zone but do put some on drier areas. I apply the BB cream all over, cover the remaining spots on my face (pin point concealing technique is the best. Wach Lisa Eldridge on youtube if you don't know how to do it) and I set the whole thing with Laura Geller's Balance n Brighten powder foundation. Because it's a powder foundation you can really build the coverage.
This creates an absolutely flawless face for me and I think it's perfect for the humid summer months.

And the reason I gave this product 4 lippies is the price and yes, I have to go back and repurchase the full size dang it!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by LadyVLO

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love love love it. It's so velvety smooth going on and the coverage is decent. It gives a flawless matte look. I set it with MAC mineralize powder. I will most def repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by newman

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received a sample from Sephora after I ran out of the 'Smooth Operator' that is now marketed as a BB cream. The SA raved about the new BB tinted primer and suggested that I use the colour 'fair' and try it at home. I can't believe the consistency! It's like velvet and spreads like butter and you only need the tiniest amount to even out your skin. There is no chemical smell to it. The colour matches my skin perfectly (NW 15) and it feels like you wear nothing at all. It also does not oxydize. The Canadian version has the same ingredients as the US version but it doesn't claim 'Broad Spectrum' so just to be on the safe side you need to wear sunscreen under it. Remember too, that the tiny amount that you need to even out your skin would never protect you from the sun. I use the Ecotools foundation brush to blend the BB primer in and than put a little 'Dollface' blush on my cheeks and I'm ready to go. I have used it for 4 months and still have a lot left. This is the highest price I have ever paid for a BB Cream (it's really a TM) but I do not regret it and would purchase it again. I LOVE this, HG!! I previously tried Maybelline Dream Fresh which is lovely but just can't compare to this.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Shelbylee

Heard great things about this product and figured I would give it a shot. I absolutely FELL IN LOVE. This is my HG and I have never said that before. Consistency is different, at first, but it makes your skin silly smooth. Blends Imperfections and seriously makes your pores look barely there. Only downfall is for the price there is not much product (all though a little goes a long way) and the tube tends to become stained when makeup touches it. Other than that, I am rushing back to sephora to purchase more!