January 30, 2015 | 1904 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Whisper

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by rhema86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product could probably best be described as grainy and drying. The color I chose was some kind of nondescript pinkish plum berry that neither looked good nor bad on me. It just looked like I was wearing a grainy lipcolor in the pinkish plum berry family. It may have also looked like my smile was strained the day I wore it, but that was not because I had a bad day or don't like you. It's because this Color Whisper was drying the life out of my lips and made smiling feel like stretching a rubber band a little too close to its breaking point.

I prefer almost every over tinted lip balm style item to this one. None of them are truly as moisturizing as a real lip balm, but many of them are at least equivalent to a sheer, comfortable lipstick.

One of the awesome things about a sheer lipcolor is that, with less pressure on packing in pigment, there is room for the formulators to add things like moisture. Maybelline forgot to do this, probably on purpose, probably just to mess with us.

They did not forget to add 1,000 lbs of scratchy glitter particles that don't contribute sexy sparkle so much as irritation. If you ever feel like your boyfriend could benefit from exfoliating his lips you could just kiss him while wearing this gritty Color Whisper. Except then he would go ahead and break up with you for wearing something so gross on your lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca753

I have all the products from the color sensational line and this is a welcome addition. It is sheer enough to apply without a mirror but imparts a nice sheen. I have a pinkish nude shade and I love it for daytime wear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Juliet7781

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have been pleasantly surprised by this product. I have two colors and hope to get more. They're a balm-like lip color that offers a pop of nice sheer color. Recently I've been into color balms (i.e. Revlon Lip Butters) because I want a pretty lip color without the heaviness of a full lipstick. I do have to touch up after a few hours but nothing major.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Nataliaxxbebe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is AMAZING! Let me tell you, I am NOT a lip gloss girl what so ever, so i was kind of skeptical of actually wearing this because it is kind of a lip gloss.. but i was wrong! I have never seen or felt such a beautiful ever so slight shine on my lips! They aren't sticky and over the top glossy, just the slightest prettiest shine and it really makes my lips look beautiful

Because I usually only stick to just nude/pinkish nude lips, it can get too matte or dry looking but when i pair The whispers with my nude lipsticks i love the outcome :) I never wore my revlon lip butters. They aren't nearly as smooth.. And i didn't like how glossy they looked.. By the way i have this in the color Lust For Blush.. Seriously a Beautiful color! I think I have finally found my "my lips for better color ;)"

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by melissamberry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the color whisper in lust for blush and a Revlon lip butter in berry smoothie. It's a pretty color, and goes on nicely but it really emphasizes any dry parts on your lips, while the lip butter covers them better.The lip butter is creamier while this one kind of feels like oil. Keep in mind I only have one of each. It defeats the concept of an easy product, will use up but I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by bini85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Honestly, I love! I bought the Petal Rebel one today and it's honestly the best lipstick ever. It goes on so smooth and glossy.. It's a hot pink but subtle not opaque and cakey looking. Def going to get more colours.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by HannahAcruz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love These lip sticks! They are lightweight and are easy to apply! I have 2 and im gonna buy more of the colors!The colors and nice and the packaging is super cute:)after my mom tried mine she went and bought herself one to!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 7:12:00 PM More reviews by ladypamela1

I wish they had more of a color selection because the moisturizing, non-sticky formula is divine. I picked up the fuchia and the blush color, and they are both similar colors to what I already own.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Babymutt01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this! I have to say I love it more than Revlon's Colorburst Lip Butter. Revlon's is more shiny and not as much color. This lipstick makes lips feel very smooth with nice color with a touch of shine. The packaging is so cute and looks very modern. Smells like sweet cotton candy too! A very nice lipstick to have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 5:20:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

what can i say about this lip color? I have it in four different shades and i LOVE it! I know some are complaining that there is really no color, but I have to disagree. While the color pigment isnt bold like a normal lipstick, it goes on sheer with a subtle tint. I love making up my eyes in bold dramatic colors, with a classic smokey eye- and I got these lip sticks because they are a perfect pairing for when I want to draw my attention to my eyes, yet still have a subtle nude, sheer color on my lips. I find that when you wear dramatic eye make up andfeel make your eyes reallyin pop, its not the best time to put on that beautiful red lipstick. I myself think its just too much... save the beaitiful red lips for a day that you decide to wear more neautral and natural colors on your eyes, so that the two dont clash and all attention will be on your beautiful lips and the stunning color. I know the product is a bit spendy, considering the color is so sheer... but grab at least two of these- one in a soft nude sheer and the other in a pretty soft pink for those days you want a more natural look, or you want something a little more sheer so people arent drawn to your lips. This smells good, its very moisturizing, and you can build the color if you choose... I give it 5 lipsticks for how often i use it, how fun these are to play with, and the array of colors they have to choose from. Give it a try, start with one... and add more as you go. I own bare to be bold-a very subtle nude with beige tones, one size fits pearl- which is more of a sheer peach color and pedal rebel- which is a little brighter pink, but still glides on sheer so its not so in your face. LOVE THEM <3