September 18, 2014 | 1955 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Whisper

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 5:20:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

what can i say about this lip color? I have it in four different shades and i LOVE it! I know some are complaining that there is really no color, but I have to disagree. While the color pigment isnt bold like a normal lipstick, it goes on sheer with a subtle tint. I love making up my eyes in bold dramatic colors, with a classic smokey eye- and I got these lip sticks because they are a perfect pairing for when I want to draw my attention to my eyes, yet still have a subtle nude, sheer color on my lips. I find that when you wear dramatic eye make up andfeel make your eyes reallyin pop, its not the best time to put on that beautiful red lipstick. I myself think its just too much... save the beaitiful red lips for a day that you decide to wear more neautral and natural colors on your eyes, so that the two dont clash and all attention will be on your beautiful lips and the stunning color. I know the product is a bit spendy, considering the color is so sheer... but grab at least two of these- one in a soft nude sheer and the other in a pretty soft pink for those days you want a more natural look, or you want something a little more sheer so people arent drawn to your lips. This smells good, its very moisturizing, and you can build the color if you choose... I give it 5 lipsticks for how often i use it, how fun these are to play with, and the array of colors they have to choose from. Give it a try, start with one... and add more as you go. I own bare to be bold-a very subtle nude with beige tones, one size fits pearl- which is more of a sheer peach color and pedal rebel- which is a little brighter pink, but still glides on sheer so its not so in your face. LOVE THEM <3

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by chemistryfordummies

I have Lust for Blush. I think it is a gorgeous soft cool-toned pink color. These things smell AMAZING. I have warm undertones so I don't wear this shade on a regular basis; only when I feel like making a statement with my lips. But the color is sheer so it's not overwhelming. GREAT product and color, although a bit expensive for such a thin tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by kellyjr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have Faint for Fuchsia & I love the color pop on my lips. The gloss effect goes away but the color stays like a stain for a while after. Not sticky like a gloss or drying like some lipsticks. I will absolutely try more colors!
ETA: Just got Pin Up Peach and it's subtle & pretty, but what I LOVE is the two colors together! The peach tones down the fuchsia just a bit and the resulting color is great. I really love how these are like colored lip balms.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by ashleyl917

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have two of these, and I love them both...and plan on getting more! The colors are great for everyday wear, and I love that the product never feels heavy or sticky on my lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Delooo93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try The Maybelline Color Whisper in Oh la lilac, and I wasn't too pleased with the color pay off. I love that they are hydrating and apply easy with no creasing, though the colors don't show up. This is my second one and I realized that If I want more color, I'll go for a more matte lipstick. But for a natural and hydrating look it works well.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by luciaq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I have the Rose of Attraction, a MLBB style lipstick with a very pretty rose-pink color.
Pro:
- The color is very pretty and looks natural.
- It applies easy, is decently moisturizing and feels weightless on lips, never flaky, nor heavy.
- packaging is ultra-cute, looks elegant, feels great in hand
Con:
- 2-hr wear time (or sometimes just 30min, for no reason) so I had to constantly reapply.
- The amount of product (.11oz) is much less than other lipsticks (.13 - .15 oz). It is a slim tube and the actual usable part is 2cm, that's like less than 1/3 of the whole length. One lipstick doesn't last long, and it doesn't justify the price in Canada ($8-11).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by MCast

Quite happy! I hate lip gloss and heavy products on my lips, so I have been using lip stains for awhile. Decided to change my routine up a bit, and after reading its overall positive review on this site, I went with Pin Up Peach. Subtle pink that could work on many skin tones because of its sheer finish, yet by adding another layer of it, the color could be intensified. It's lightweight, and even when the hint of glossiness is gone, the color lingers on for a little longer. Great product for the ones who don't like to look made up, just simply natural.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by electricshock01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Bought Lust for Blush and it's a really cute color and isn't too wild. It does seem cool-toned. It wears generally for around 2 hours if I'm eating and drinking or talking a lot, 3 if I'm not. The texture is nice and is not gritty at all and glides on smoothly.

Will probably buy another one, possible Pin up peach.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Love this product! I love these more than the Revlon Lip butters. They are so comfortable. They are moisturizing but light at the same time. I only wish the color variety was a little better. I hope they turn these into a balm stain.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 9:50:00 AM More reviews by VersaillesVixen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am so in love with these little jewels! I've purchased three so far, and each of them looks absolutely fabulous with my skin color. They look extremely natural, feel dreamy, smell divine, and are inexpensive. Love it!