April 20, 2014 | 887 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2014 12:59:00 AM More reviews by kirito

I got this for 40% off at my local drugstore, so I only paid around ~$7 for this foundation in the shade Nude Beige. I was pretty satisfied with Revlon ColorStay, but I wanted to try out more foundations since I have been avoiding them for a long time. If you told me to identify this foundation versus Revlon ColorStay blindly, I probably couldn't tell the difference. I think I have to put on more product with the Cover Girl one in order to get the same results with one layer of the Revlon ColorStay, so I wouldn't say it has the coverage of a concealer as it claims. However, this foundation is still really good. It doesn't make me too oily throughout the day. It blends well and does last for a decent amount of time.

The one thing about this foundation that makes it a million times better than Revlon ColorStay is the pump packaging. I hate Revlon ColorStay because I have to shake the bottle vigorously for anything to come out. The pump on the Cover Girl foundation is so easy and sanitary to use!

Overall, decent foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by j3ssica23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

WOW. I have used this foundation for months and always loved it, but was beyond impressed with it the other day. I put this on (with a primer and setting powder) at 7 am. I went to 6 hours of school, and went about my day. All in all, I did not end up taking off my makeup until about 3 am. I got about 20 hours of wear with this foundation and it did not fade away, oxidize, rub off, or break up. I definitely got shiny and had to powder multiple times throughout that time, but who cares! So long wearing! And when I did get shiny, I didn't look like an oily beast. It was more dewy looking. Love this foundation. The only one I like more is Make Up Forever HD Foundation because there is a color that matches me better, and it is slightly less coverage, but I could not ask more from a drugstore foundation. 100% recommend. I'm a medium skin tone and mix colors 840 and 845 for a perfect match.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2014 11:38:00 AM More reviews by mellypmakeup

This foundation stood out to me beacause I heard so much about it being long lasting, matte and full coverage (or at least medium to buildable) My issue is not with any of the above claims but the fact that it accentuates dry skin and dry blemishes. I found myself patting more over my trouble areas hoping the moisture from the product would soften the harsh dry patches. It did no such thing. I expected something similar to Revlon Colorstay.. No where near sorry. The only way I can wear this product is when my skin is dry acne free and just after an exfoliation. I mist over a setting spray to get away from that cakey powdery look that this foundation tends to give me.. Maybe it's just not good for dry or winter dry skin. I'll try it again during the summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2014 1:29:00 AM More reviews by amgreen2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Overall a great foundation! It gives very good coverage for a drugstore foundation and is buildable. Works really well for oily skin, this was the only foundation that kept my oil in check. This foundation would not work for anyone with dry skin though, as the finish is very matte. The pump bottle was a nice feature, made it easy to dispense the right amount of product. I found this applied best with a damp sponge. The only issue I had with this foundation is the lightest shade was a bit too dark for my skin, and tended to oxidize. The price was very good too, I got mine on sale for around 7 dollars. Definitely try if you have oily skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2014 8:00:00 AM More reviews by shaneeskye

I do love this foundation, amazing coverage and a relatively good price ($19.99), does tend to cling to my dry patches if I don't moisturise well before use. Definitely one of my favourite foundations from the drugstore

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2014 11:20:00 PM More reviews by anne99415

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this foundation. I've been using it consistently since the summer and I am on my third bottle. In the summer, I wore the second lightest shade, 910 and now in the winter I am the lightest shade, 905.

This foundation is not perfect, but it has worked the best for my skin out of all of the foundations I've tried so far. It is extremely high coverage, and for someone with very pale and acne prone skin (which has thankfully improved greatly in the past year or so), this is completely necessary in a foundation. I have a lot of acne and red marks, and this covers it without needing to be applied heavily.

I like that the lightest shade is actually light enough for me, because a lot of drugstore brands tend to have a pretty dark color selection. However, the foundation does however have a bit of a problem with oxidization. If my skin gets too oily, I find that it turns a bit orange on me, however, setting it with a powder helps to minimize this effect. It is also not very water resistant. It will wear off in spots where you sweat, so the forehead is the first area of my face that foundation needs to be touched up.

Overall though, for my budget and needs, this does the trick and I quite like it. It really does give a flawless finish, but I agree with some of the other reviews I've read that say it can look a little weird if your skin isn't smooth. I've noticed this too, but luckily my oily skin means that I don't really get flaky, rough skin often. My face tends to stay pretty smooth (except for that time of the month, or if I eat too much sugar) and this glides on beautifully. I would recommend using either a beauty blender or a kabuki style brush to apply it. Personally I use a Sigma Angled Kabuki Brush (not the flat angled, but the one that is actually recommended for cream blush) and it gives me the best results.

So for an inexpensive ($12-15 CAD) and full coverage foundation, I would give this a shot!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Jakkieee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've found again and again that these rave products often aren't good. You need to be so careful in following people review because some people don't know what makes a product good or want to love it so bad.

The only people that could pull this foundation off are people with very oily and extremely smooth, peach-fuzzless and flawless skin. But even they will be very lucky to get an accurate colour match because the colors also oxidise pink (in the lighter colours at least)

I have dry, acne prone skin. Even after extreme moisturising, it accentuated ever peach fuzz on my face and every dry patch. Sure it covers pretty good and looks good from far away or if you squint BUT close up, what a mess!

I applied it with a synthetic brush which was not easy because it kept streaking. After letting a layer dry, when I applied another it really showed how badly it oxidised. It oxidized about two shades pinker (I used the lightest shades) This would not look natural on Asian, neutral or pale olive skin. It's very noticeable if not blended down the neck but who wants to waste product and cover the neck with foundation.

Really the only good thing to say is that it has a skin like shine to it. Not too matte, not too shiny.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this and I'm glad I did. I think this foundation is meant for those with oily to very oily skin. It's very drying for those with normal to dry or even combo skin... When I tried this, it made my skin look dry... Like Cakey dry... Especially on my drier patches around my cheeks.... (I prefer looking dewy). It oxidized and turned my face slightly orange too. It's hard to find a match for me (NC30) because it oxidizes very badly.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by Ella001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I didnt really like it beacuse by the end of the day it looked orange-ish and u could see the line even if i blended it down my neck, but maybe i just got a darker color but maybe it did oxidise (idk how to spell it) but i have heard good things on it

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by SJTlove

First off, I have dry skin since it's winter. No matter how extensive my skin care routine, I always have an inevitable dry spot on my nose. With that being said, I LOVE this foundation! I was blown away considering I didn't expect much from it bc I've heard plenty reviews saying it's geared towards oily skin types. I am an NC35 and got it in 857 Golden Tan. As soon at it was applied, I noticed it being a bit dark for my face. I went about my day anyway and a few hrs later I checked the mirror and I noticed that the foundation ended up matching my tone completely! I've never seen this happen as my foundation always goes darker over time, never lighter. (It wasn't my lighting bc I've confirmed the shade darker in articial and natural light right after application.) Coverage is a high medium for me for 1 layer. And it concealed successfully with a concentrated application. Finish was not cakey surprisingly not on my dry area either. I really liked the finish as it paired well with my Rimmel Stay Matte powder in Silky Beige (in addition to under eye highlighting with Revlon Age Defying concealer set with Ben Nye's banana powder). All products worked wonderfully together! I applied the make up at 8am and washed my face at 8:30pm with my make up still looking in tact. Minimal slippage. No foundation transfer on my (or boyfriend's) clothing. I am so glad this foundation worked out for me! I understand everyone reacts differently to foundations, but I definitely believe it's worth a try for everyone.