L'Oreal Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stain

3.6

OCTYLDODECANOL • AQUA / WATER / EAU • TRIMETHYLSILOXYPHENYL DIMETHICONE • ETHYLCELLULOSE • SORBITAN STEARATE • ALCOHOL DENAT. • CETYL ALCOHOL • PHENOXYETHANOL • SUCROSE COCOATE • SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE • HYDROXYPROPYL GUAR • CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE • HYDROXYCITRONELLAL • LINALOOL • CITRONELLOL • BENZYL ALCOHOL • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE May contain: MICA • CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE • CI 77491, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES • CI 17200 / RED 33 • CI 15985 / YELLOW 6 • CI 16035 / RED 40 • CI 15850 / RED 7 • CI 19140 / YELLOW 5 • CI 42090 / BLUE 1

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Get the YSL Glossy Lip Stain instead.
I want to love the L'oreal but I spoiled myself by already being introduced to the YSL. About a year ago I tried the YSL for the first time when I heard about they had a gloss/stain. Wow I was impressed. I actually raved to my friend about it and she bought one and the first time she wore it she thanked me for the compliments she got. The YSL is great; so when I discovered L'oreal was coming out with their drugstore dupe for their own luxury cosmetics product, I was so excited. I'd love to think these compare, but once this L'oreal product wears throughout the day to leave a patchy gloss and stain. The pigment is also all across the board. The richer shades seem to come out nicely, but any light colors are a joke. The nude and pale pink are just hints of color no matter how many layers. If you want this product to work to its fullest potential, and don't mind putting more money into it, get to a YSL counter. The only shades worthwhile in this are the deep red, pink, purples.

on 4/19/2013 3:55:00 PM

I have this in Eternally Nude.and it is a great take on MLBB. I'd call it MLBT - My Lips But Tawnier. This formulation reminds me of a Paula's Choice product (Constant Color?) from years ago (liked the formulation - couldn't get a color that worked for me). This goes on very slippery, gets into place easily, and then dries down slowly leaving occasional patches that are more sticky. I don't detect much stain, but that may be because this color matches mine so closely. The effect is very pleasant, but subtle (which is what one should expect with a color that has 'nude' in it). This also plays well with liner. I would try this in another color, but none of them spoke to me. In fact, I don't usually go for nudes because they wash me out, so if you have that problem, too (or have very pale lips), this might give you a very natural look

on 4/17/2013 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Finally an actual lip stain, not just a product claiming to be a lip stain when it's actually a full in lip color, so this product offers a sheer color to the lips and a glossy finish, some shades will make your lips look naturally pink while some will give your lips a boost, I have pink rebellion and i believe a red one called eternally red, both are great i mattify them sometimes with translucent powder to make them more natural looking, and you can even use these as a CHEEK stain, they don't feel too drying and last for about 3 hours, if i would compare this to another Product i own i would compare it to my benetint with the exception of the glossy finish. Great lip stain !

on 4/16/2013 2:47:00 PM

I have this in Rose On & On and Eternally Nude. I really, really like these! I've never used the YSL stains, so I can't really compare them, but for me, this was a departure from the norm!
The product comes with a tear-shaped, doe-foot applicator and applies very similarly to a gloss. (Be sure to coat your lips evenly, though. I think that's the key to making the color fade more evenly throughout the day.) However, it really does stain the lips. Even if I try to remove this (particularly Eternally Nude, which is a orange-tinted brownish color), it leaves a stain behind. Even after the glossiness fades, though, the texture isn't totally matte. It's a wearable satin-ish finish.
I think the key to these are getting colors that suit you. The lighter colors (like Rose) come off as a bit more sheer and on me, aren't quite as flattering. The darker colors definitely have more of a staining quality to them. I'm an NC25 in Mac and I adore Eternally Nude. It may sound a little scary, but it's a kind of "my lips but better" color that is pleasantly surprising.
The packaging on these is also gorgeous. They're the kind of pretty you love to display on your vanity. They have a slight floral scent, but no taste, and the smell fades as soon as you apply.
Personally, I haven't found these to be drying on my lips. I usually use a lip scrub and balm before applying any other products, so that may make a difference.
Overall, at $10 each (and obviously, less with BOGO at the drugstore), these are worth a try. I love the overall affect and I'd buy again for sure. Yay for pretty spring colors!

on 4/14/2013 3:37:00 PM

This is a nice lip gloss stain. The gloss doesn't last though, and it's not very sticky when it sets either. It comes in a nice arrange of colors and goes on smoothly. I love the sleek and gold packaging. The applicator is doe foot and makes application easy. When applying, the product feels light and wet with a cool touch to it, but not at all cold. This does last for quite a bit. I highly recommend this to anyone! It's definitely worth it's pricey amount.

on 4/12/2013 12:04:00 PM

Love this product and a great (affordable) dupe for YSL's version.

I bought Rose On and On, but will be going back to purchase another shade or two.

on 4/6/2013 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have this in #184 Rose On and On. I was really excited to try these as I've heard they compare alot to the YSL Glossy Stains. The color I chose applied easily and smoothly. I did one coat on my lower lip, one coat on my upper lip. I kept my lips apart, making sure to NOT smoosh them together, then applied a 2nd layer. I kept my lips seperated for about 30 seconds after the 2nd coat, and again, did not press them together. I was astounded by the amount of shine these have! It really did look like my lips were coated in glistening water, and this shine held up for the 5 hours I wore the product. My lips felt extremely hydrated upon application. The product did not slip around my lips at all despite being very, very, glossy looking. Around hour 4 of wearing the product, when I pressed my lips together, it felt a little tacky...like it was going to ball up on my lips. When I did a mirror check, my lips still looked great, the product just *felt* a bit different.

My only issue comes from how my lips felt *after* I took the product off. I thought this might be a little hard to get off, so I used a lip scrub to remove. It came right off, but my lips felt a little...strange. They didn't feel dry, per say, but they felt tight and shiney. Like I had a coat of liquid latex on my lips. Lots of lip balm and the morning after, my lips seem to be fine. This just makes me weary of wearng this a few days in a row.

With the mixed reviews on these, I was pleasently surprised. I could see how the darker colors could get patchy/uneven, though.

on 4/5/2013 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really want to like this but it fell under expectations. Sheer color dries out your lips. Gloss does last longer but fades patchy color. Not sexy

on 4/3/2013 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Okayyy... so I really liked the colours (Lilac ever after and Nude, sheerer, and Coral tatoo and Red, more opaque and bright) and the effect. It wore for a great decent amount of time. But, after wearing it on nude lips for two full days in a row, my lips are more than dry, they seem downstraight burnt. Today is the second day I am treating them with lots of moisture and wearing a Juicy Tubes clear gloss on top, and I only begin to feel them coming back - they've peeled a lot this evening. So beware. Are these gloss stains worthy a place in my makeup cupboard? Totally. They look gorgeous. I just won't wear them two days in row. As for the burning part... I am taking a lippie of a(could be...) 4 lippie product.

on 4/1/2013 9:53:00 PM

Noooo. Did not like this. It did not last at all. I expect at least a little staying power from a stain. It also has a weird watery consistency too and felt weird until it dried. After it dried it did not feel natural. The color was "ehh". I purchased this in "Lilac Ever After". I will not waste my money on this again.

Recommended for Medium Skin