August 22, 2014 | 1051 users online

BB Cream - Revlon - Photoready BB Cream SPF 30

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by calliethrutchley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I quite like this. Definitely the best BB Cream I've tried. It gives very decent coverage, as good as you could expect from a BB Cream. I use it over a primer, and then just use concealer over anything this doesn't cover. Nice product!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by graciem4298

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When it comes to a BB cream, you expect light coverage, but you're okay with that because the more you wear it, the less you need make up. This is the thickest BB cream ever and has the best coverage. Seriously, compare it to that drippy Maybelline BB cream and you'll see what I mean. It is the ONLY BB cream i have ever tried where it actually has coverage to be proud of. Plus, if you feel like it doesn't, its great for building up. However, make sure you blend this well for it does have an orange-y undertone. And ONE last flaw, it does not have staying power and can cake a little if you build it up too much. So i recommend a primer and powder- always!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by martel92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have used just about every drugstore bb cream there is and this is my absolute favorite! It provides excellent coverage and is very buildable for a bb cream. I have very dry skin and this does not accentuate my dry areas at all or cause flaking. I obviously make sure to moisturizer before applying, so I can't say how the results will be if you don't.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by eadinsmo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this product a lot. For one thing, it's light enough for me (in Light) and that's uncommon among BB creams, which tend to have very few color choices. The tube packaging is great. It seems expensive at $11-$12 but Revlon products are often on sale or Buy 2 Get 1 or have coupons. You shouldn't have to pay full price.

Like other BB creams (American ones, apparently) this is more of a light foundation than anything else. It does provide some SPF, but it's not moisturizing. You still need moisturizer underneath, and concealer if your skin isn't flawless. I need powder in the summer, but probably would be happy with the dewy finish in the fall or winter.

Frankly, if there's not some really important reason to use full foundation (my beloved Revlon Colorstay Whipped) then I'm migrating toward using BB cream most days.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 8:29:00 PM More reviews by pageturner

I have pale, somewhat normal to dry skin and I live in Texas. I spend a fair amount of time outdoors. I walk to and from work so I need to look professional and be sun safe at the same time. So the one thing that I immediately love about this is how great and unburnt my skin looks at night when I wash this off. So the 30 SPF broad spectrum sunscreen is a big hit with me. I have never had a foundation or tinted moisturizer look so good and block so much of the sun before. I hope that this 30 SPF or higher becomes a trend with other products as well. When I got it at Walgreens, it was the last one left in any color and I was lucky it was the light shade that I wanted. I did a quick look around and noticed that for the most part, the face products with SPF seemed to be selling better than the ones without. I got this in early July so that was probably why I saw that trend.

The product itself is a bit oily on my skin but I am okay with that since I think it gives me a dewy look. It gives somewhat sheer to light coverage which is the kind I like the best. This coverage evens out my skin tone but I still need a concealer for the problem bits. Right now, this is my best product that I have found for my face in several years. I'm 46 and I just wish this had been around since I was a teen, I can only dream about how young I would look if I had always had this high of a SPF on my face and body everyday.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by nichdizzlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first tried this product, I didn't like the color or anything about it. I wanted to return it asap. I thought okay if I spent 12 bucks on this thing I'm going to find ways to make it work. I have tried it with mixing it with a foundation(covergirl stay fabulous) which worked well, but it oxidized on me. I have tried different brushes to apply this stipple, flat top, flat foundation, and the Real Techniques buffing brush and none them of ever seem to work. I do have combination skin and I picked up the shale Pale.
One morning before church, I decided to use my normal primer(sheer envy) and I applied this bb cream with my fingers, it looked amazing on my skin. I do have a few dark spots from acne, it doesn't cover my imperfections completely but just enough the way I like it. I like my makeup to look natural. It gives me a subtle glow. I do have to blot but I don't mind blotting with bb cream that has 30 spf and lightweight feel. I live in a very hot and dry climate and it held up for 3-4 hours before I had to blot, but the way I control the oil is applying a powder foundation over the bb cream. It gives me more coverage and lasts much longer. I use my trusty Maybelline powder foundation.
I would not recommend for people with oily skin or very dry skin. I have a few dry spots and it does make them appear more flakey. Overall thumbs up.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2013 1:17:00 AM More reviews by Jaded11885

I have pretty dry skin that's sensitive to acne, I tried this looking for an easy natural polished finish to wear on days I don't need full makeup. I was a little disappointed that it didn't give me "bb cream" smooth skin even w extra moisturizer and primer underneath. I like the natural sheen to it but its (light/medium) a little pinker than my NC27 skin. It settled on the little fuzzies on my face not to mention the bumps that appeared every time I wore it. It had a good medium coverage though wish it didn't break me out. In short, maybe not so good for dryer skin but probably perfect for someone w normal skin that wants a natural medium coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by babyshinn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't like this product but it's not the WORST out there where it does absolutely nothing.. I like when I first apply it because it def evens out my skin tone but then later on it just makes me a little oily looking on my t-zone and the even coverage doesn't even last long

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2013 10:43:00 AM More reviews by hjrkhld

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I wanted to try this BB cream as an alternative to the messy and oily photoready mousse foundation I tried before and honestly, this product is no better.

Feels nice and smooth on the first application and then it gets oily and starts to slide around my face. My concealer just would not stay put! I tried to set it with the 2-way photoready foundation powder which works until the moment I step outside and then it just melts right off.

Would NOT be purchasing any of the photoready range anymore except for the 2-way powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by kateliles02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Okay ladies, a BB cream is basically a glorified tinted moisturizer. It protects against sun damage while providing MINIMAL coverage. If you're looking for a fuller coverage, try Maybelline's BB cream. Their's might be a bit heavier. I've tried almost every drug store BB cream and the Revlon BB cream was by far my favorite. With Maybelline in a close second.