Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express

3.6

(BLACK NON-WATERPROOF) AQUA/WATER, PEG-200 GLYCERYL STEARATE, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, PARAFFIN, COPERNICA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, STEARIC ACID, CETYL ALCOHOL, PALMITIC ACID, ETHYLENEDIAMINE/STEARYL DIMER DILINOLEATE COPOLYMER, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, LITHIUM MAGNESIUM SODIUM SILICATE, DIMETHICONE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANEDIOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, SILICA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SOSIUM LAURETH SULFATE, DIMETHICONOL, DISODIUM EDTA, POLYURETHANE-35, TETRASODIUM EDTA, [+/- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742 / MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510 / FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], (F.I.L. D54745/1).

on 12/7/2014 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I dislike the combination of the wand with the formula of the mascara. I don't find that it adds a lot of volume, but blackest black is really nice and dark -- a perfect black. I find that it makes my lashes feel a little crunchy, but it does give me great separation and length, and because it's so black, I like it when I'm wearing dark eye makeup, so I don't necessarily have use false lashes to ensure my lashes are visible. I don't hate it, but I don't love it, and I will probably not repurchase.

on 12/4/2014 11:14:00 PM

This was very liquidy. Even when putting on multiple coats it looked thin and spidery, but the next time you put it on it could be very clumpy. There was no consistency with this product. The only reason it's a 2 is because of the interesting packaging.

on 12/3/2014 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have a love/hate relationship with this mascara. I have really long eyelashes and this mascara makes my lashes look even longer and thicker and makes them look beautiful. When I'm wearing this mascara people have actually asked me if I got eyelash extensions. The brush is a bit stiff and weird and I have to be gentle when putting it on. The thing that I don't like about this mascara is how hard it is to remove it. I really like mascaras that I can just remove with warm water but it is impossible with this mascara. You have to use a good makeup remover to remove it. Recently I have been using coconut oil to remove my eye makeup and I have yet to try it with this mascara. At least it has worked wonders with other mascaras so I'm hoping the oil-cleansing method will work with this one.
I will buy this again but because of the cons it is not my HG but I just really like how this makes my lashes super long and noticeable.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

When I first bought this mascara, it used to clump if I tried to put a few layers of it. However, after the formula dried out a bit (a couple of weeks later) it worked beautifully. This can really lengthen the lashes. Like REALLY! And adds a decent amount of volume too. It doesn't smudge much and isn't flaky even when I fall asleep with it (I know. Bad habit). Lasts all day quite nicely.

What I dislike is the brush. I can't get it to the lashes on the corners of the eyes easily. Applying it to the lower lashes is also hazardous, specially when the formula is still runny.

A tip: I find that putting warm water on my fingers and then rubbing my lashes lightly is the most effective way to remove this mascara.

That being said, I recommend it to people with short, sparse lashes who want (read need) lots of length!

on 11/24/2014 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This has been my HG mascara for about 2 years now. It makes my wimpy lashes thick and separated with just a few swipes. The brush isn't small but it's not ridiculously huge and doesn't make a mess on my lids. I've never had a non waterproof mascara hold a curl so well either. It doesn't clump, flake or smudge, and most importantly it doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes...even when I wear contacts. It doesn't wash off as easily as most non waterproof mascaras, but it removes easily with eye makeup remover. I'm constantly trying out new mascaras, but so far nothing has compared to this, and I always have a tube of it in my makeup case. Love!!

on 11/22/2014 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

because the falsies gives me the false eye effect, comparing it to others is hard. this didn't give me much volume, not much length... very average. wears well, but other than that im not impressed with the results . not bad, but not worth praising.

on 11/19/2014 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Basically this is the Platonic ideal of mascara: dark, volumizing, rarely flaky, easy on, easy off. I'm on my third tube and we are going to live happily ever after, the end.

This is over all the BEST mascara I've ever owned. Doesn't clump up ur lashes. It makes them longer, stronger and very dark. 10/10 THE BEST.

on 11/18/2014 8:42:00 AM

This has been my go to mascara for about two years now. I have naturally super long lashes so it gives the perfect amount of volume by keeping them separated. One tube lasts awhile too!

on 11/17/2014 6:57:00 PM

A decent mascara. I have this in 2 colors. Wears nicely throughout the day. No smudging or flaking. It's not too wet. Can be a touch difficult to remove, and this is not even the waterproof formula. Gives nice volume, but can be a touch clumpy. But is easy to work with and can get it not to clump. Does not make my eyelashes feel dry nor does it bother my eyes. Just a pretty decent mascara.