December 22, 2014 | 819 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Le Volume De Chanel

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by TheHateress

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm completely smitten with this mascara, and it's the first that I have tried from Chanel, so I have no previous frame of reference. My lashes are short and curly, so I am perpetually on a journey for a mascara that makes them look super long. I felt that Le Volume de Chanel most certainly fits the bill.

I purchased this in 10 Noir, which is a standard black mascara, that's not a black as Diorshow Blackout, but is darker than Lancome Definicils. The formula is very wet when initially applied, but dries down really nicely. The wand is slim with plastic bristles, in a wavy unusual pattern. I mentioned that my lashes are super short, and I had no issues with the brush grabbing hold of each of them.

With regards to application, I took a tissue and wiped off all of the excess product prior to the first coat. I personally feel as though that is an important but over looked step in preventing clumpy lashes. I didn't find the lash separation to be very good, so I limited myself to 2 coats allowing about 1 minute of drying time between each. I did not experience smudging or flaking throughout the day.

The end result for me were beautiful, long and luscious lashes. If I could describe this product, I'd say it's like a pair of high heels for your eyelashes. I will most certainly be purchasing this again. I bought this at Macy's for $30.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Pixie

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Can you fall in love with an in animate object? I did, with this mascara. I've been wearing mascara everyday since I was in my teens, a very, very long time ago, and thank god, the perfect mascara (for me) comes out finally. I've worn the low end mascaras, the high end mascaras, the in-between mascaras, but this one is just worth every penny. What amazes me about it most, this is the first mascara that leaves my lashes looking as fresh, full and gorgeous at midnight as they did at noon. All the others have somehow flaked off or wilted after about six hours or so, leaving me with wimpy lashes. Oh, and it goes on so easily, one or two swipes and you're done. No clumping, no sticking. And no porcupine look, even here in the Northeast with our humid, damp, rainy seasons. Okay, when you compare it to Mabelleine, it's expensive. But when you consider how much better it is, you'll be saying "Money is no object." I've been using mine since April (every day, yes) and it's still going strong.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 2:49:00 AM More reviews by Missmelisss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

To start, I am a mascara snob.lol. I like to have false looking lashes without the mess of falsies . I've used hypnotic from Lancôme forever and have tried a zillion. Just got this today and all I can say is WOW! 😳❤😊It is a dream come true for people who are searching for their HG or looking for "THAT" mascara with a Wow factor. And it DOES lengthen also, not just for volume and separates magnificently!! And my lashes are not stiff or goopy or stuck together . My lashes are soft and "Light"... Doesn't feel heavy at all. Perfect lashes !! People may say $30 is alot but that's the average price point for a great mascara. And it will last you 3 months. So $10 a month really isn't breaking the bank in my eyes. Haha. You get what you pay for and I can bet ya you won't find anything close to what Chanel offers in this high end luxurious mascara. You only live once... The eyes are the heart to the soul and you are worth every penny! 😉

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by lma127

I am very impressed with this mascara. I was given a sample when I was at the counter just browsing . The sales associate told me it was new and that she had just tried it herself and loved it. She mentioned the price and I thought to myself it would have to knock my socks off to get me to spend $30 on a mascara when there are so many great mascaras for half that price. Well one week later I was back at the counter spending my 30 bucks ! To me it's worth it , it builds beautiful full volume without looking harsh and fake. It goes on smooth and is easy to remove . My new favorite !

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 8:21:00 AM More reviews by charmedbella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

5-stars all around. This mascara is amazing! I was using Chanel Inimitable Intense mascara, but decided to try Volume De Chanel and really love it. The formula is creamier than Inimitable Intense and I find Volume De Chanel lasts longer and doesn't dry out as fast as. This creates gorgeous, luscious lashes. It gives volume and length and doesn't smear. I think the price point is spot on for the quality you receive.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Jessydphs04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara received a sample when I purchased a lipstick for a wedding. I really wanted to dislike it but it is Amazing!!! I wore it for the wedding and my lashes looked amazing all night. I didn't even have any residue rubbing off all over the place like usual. It stayed put all night along. I have had Lancôme hypnosis and Diorshow but this is probably my favorite.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by CanadaGirlToo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I really wanted to love this mascara, and at first I thought I would. It really does add a lot of volume, and my lashes looked great. It does take longer to dry than most, but that isn't a big deal to me.

But, within a few hours, I had raccoon eyes. This mascara flakes like crazy and I had to remove my under eye makeup and re-do. I tried not using moisturizer around my eyes, in case that was the problem, but it didn't matter.

Then, when I wanted to remove the mascara at the end if the day, the last bits clung to my lashes like mad. I tried multiple makeup removers, none of which worked well on this mascara.

This VERY pricy mascara has been discarded.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by hernana

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I received a sample of this mascara from the Chanel SA after telling her I wanted a mascara that didn't require a lash prep or base coat. I wanted something that would deliver some kind of impact without having to use several products or take endless coats to make a difference. This stuff seems to do the job. I have invisible, fine, and weightless lashes, and with Le Volume I can actually get by with just one coat. Makes my lashes dark, thick, and visible - even behind my glasses!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by lucya25

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG This is the most amazing mascara ever! Know that I have tried almost every single mascara ever invented. I have spent tons of money. Right out of the package, first time I ever used this mascara, day one, awesome! My eyelashes are hereditarily long so all I look for in a mascara is volume. Not easy. So much deception in the marketing of mascaras out there, it is pitiful. But this le volume by Chanel mascara is volume compared to no other. The volume on the first time I pulled the brush out of the container was WOW! I only used one coat. That is not normal for me. Normally I have to use 2 or3 or at time even 4 or 5 coats to get the results I enjoyed from ONE coat, the first time with this terrific mascara. Yes, it sure is pricey but you have to pay something right. Why waste money kidding yourself that you are not going to pay this price and then regret your purchase of a cheaper mascara when you are not satisfied. Take the plunge! This mascara is tops! I love it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 5:11:00 AM More reviews by CoralElectra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think I found my HG mascara!!! The first reviewer (caligrl16) was totally right: I was considering buying this mascara for months too and last weekend I finally bought it! Now I can't understand why I hesitate so long. The brush divides really well the lashes and I simply LOVE the formula: richly dark, wet and doesn't change the colour throughout the day.
Although I admit first time I wasn't that impressed because I found the formula was too wet and the brush made my eyelashes short. But I usually need a couple of days before I get used to a mascara. My eyelashes couldn't look better. (I also always curl my lashes before).
If you didn't like this one, maybe Chanel's Inimitable Intense will suit you more as it makes lashes look longer while adding some volume too but not as much as Le Volume.