Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This is my new favorite eye shadow pallet. Everyone needs this in their makeup collection. There's so many ways you can wear these colors.

Pros:
-Super sleek packaging
-Great for travel
-5/6 are matte shades
-Great pigmentation
-Easy to apply and blend out
-Neutral colors
-Also make great liner colors to smudge out on the bottom of your lashes!

Cons:
-3 very light shades that are quite similar (Venus, Foxy, W.O.S)
-Can't think of any others. You really have to understand what a palette like this is for if you are going to buy it. If you want something with more variety and more "bang for your buck" check out the Naked Palette's. This particular palette is for someone who has a "go to" easy neutral eye they wear on a daily basis, or when you aren't sure what makeup to wear. A friend of mine uses only this palette every time she does her eye makeup. She prefers something compact that gives her the exact colors she is looking for and can wear on a daily basis. Since this palette doesn't offer many color selections, you really should enjoy all 6 shades if you are going to purchase it. Go to your Sephora or Ulta and swatch them to make sure it is in fact what you are looking for before you order/buy it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love this eyeshadow! I have very oily skin, and even without an eye primer, this eyeshadow stays flawless all day. Beautiful colors that are super easy to blend to create that perfect look. I will definitely buy this again!

on 5/18/2014 12:05:00 AM

Got this back in december for my birthday and i use this almost everyday. Fav colors are w.os and faint. Only complaints is that crave isnt as dark and black as i want it to be but i use it still to line lash line

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i got this pallette for christmas and it is my HG pallette now! i use it almost every single day and absolutly love it! the colours are very pigmented (especially venus & crave) and they are perfect for any naturel to smokey eye looks. the only thing is that it is pricey so i would just ask for it as a gift again. overall its an amazing pallette thats perfect for everyday looks.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Perfect little palette for traveling with great urban decay creamy eyeshadow quality! Great packaging and shade selection.

on 5/15/2014 11:50:00 PM

Overall, this product is decent. I was expecting a little more, especially since this was my first urban decay eye shadow purchase. On to pros and cons:

PROS:
- PERFECT colors for every day use, specifically foxy, naked 2, and faint
- Nice color payoff, do not need to build up the color very much, unless I want a more dramatic look
- Very easily bendable
- VERY smooth texture, applies amazingly

CONS:
- doesn't last very long, even with the tarte 360 clean slate eye primer and occasionally using the urban decay all nighter setting spray. I apply at 10 AM and it's already starting to crease and fade by 4 PM. I am prone to having very oily eyelids though
- Very minor, but the packaging can be difficult to open sometimes (chips nail polish..............)
- price is pretty steep. This was my first high end eyeshadow purchase. $33+ for 6 basic colors is on the more expensive side. BUT, also comparing to the price of individual UD eyeshadows, this is a good deal
- pans are not filled very much. I've had for about a month of almost daily use and foxy is already almost at pan...
- can be a lot of fall out even when tapping off excess

Overall, I would probably not repurchase. It's a good product, but for such basic colors with not very good staying power I would rather buy something cheaper with similar quality.

on 5/15/2014 10:26:00 AM

This is my most used Palette. I'll often use it alone for an every day look, and sometimes just for a natural crease colour (Naked 2/Faint) when I'm using colourful eye shadows. I love that it's small and that you can get a wide variety of looks out of this palette which makes it great for travelling. The only downside is that I also have the Naked 2 palette so there is some overlapping with the shades, but I find myself reaching for this one more often than Naked 2. I love this palette and will definitely be repurchasing when I run out!

on 5/11/2014 9:40:00 PM

I am in LOVE with this product! It's has the kind of colors that can make a regular every day natural look or a night out smokey look! It is amazing for traveling and the colors are gorgeous!

on 5/11/2014 10:33:00 AM

Naked Basic is must have for women "on the go". I reach for this palette almost everyday to create professional 9 to 5 neutral eyes. I easily transform 9 to 5 neutral eyes into after 5 smokey eyes by sweeping my crease with faint and applying crave to my outer V. This palette is travel friendly, as well. It fits snugly into my make up pouch. Price wise, you actually get 6 full size eyeshadows for $28. If the shadows were purchased separately, the consumer would pay $18 per eyeshadow which is a total of $108. Word for thought, don't focus on the small packaging, focus on the "amount of product" within the package.

Popular Palettes

Contour Kit
NAKED
PRO Palette
NAKED3

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Simple Daily Makeup Tutorial (Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette) by Anna Boroshok

Top Rated Urban Decay Products