Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I've always had my eyes on the Naked palettes ever since the first one came out . This particular palette was the least of my interest .
Finally in January of this year I went to Ulta to take a look at the Naked 3 palette and walked out with the Naked Basics instead .
Honestly the main reason I got it was because of the packaging . I was going on a trip soon and wanted some new make-up and since this comes in a slim compact I figured it'd be perfect for travel .
Neutral & matte eyeshadows are my favorite so this palette has my name written all over it .

I always make sure to use a base . I like MAC Painterly paint pot but a little bit of concealer works fine as well . The shadows are easy to blend .
I love the versatility of this palette . You can create a simple and subtle eye that's perfect for everyday . Or a smokier/more intense eye for the nighttime . And you can add a pop of color to a neutral look .

I've used it almost everyday since I bought it and there are plenty of tutorials on YouTube using this palette . There's a lot of possibilities with this bad boy and I think it should be a staple in every ladies make-up bag !

on 6/9/2014 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

LOVE! Perfect for very fair people. In most palettes, the colors are too dark, and I only use the lightest two, but there is much more flexibility here. One shimmery pale color, one warm pale and one cool pale. The warm and cool look very different on me, but on darker skin they probably wouldn't. I got this after watching madmen and realizing I wanted a really subtle shade to my crease a la Joan. I use the two non shimmery pale shades to do it and I really love it!
This is awesome in my bag for touch ups at work too. It goes with all makeup so whatever I put on in the morning I can add a bit of neutral color to fill in any patchy areas and touch up my brows and liner. I'm considering buying a second to keep at my desk.
I have very sensitive eyes and unfortunately these DO irritate my eyes. I don't use the liner much for that reason but the shadows are ok.
The shadow quality is good, not the best I own cough cough dior, but quite good.

on 6/5/2014 10:38:00 PM

This is my HG eye shadow palette. I can play around with the colours: keeping it neutral for an everyday look and really pumping up the smoke factor for evening wear with the black colour. So versatile, this should be a staple in every make-up bag. Love!

Lovely palette. Covers everyday needs. Although I really missed a brush in the box! And one shimmery highlighting shade would be nice. Worth the money, colours are well pigmented and stays on the whole day.

on 6/3/2014 1:31:00 PM

I got this as a Christmas present, and I like it, the pigmentation is great, but there is a lot of light colors in the pallete. But I guess that's why its the basics, right! I do love it and I think its a great pallet and a great value for the money, you def need this pallete in your collection.

on 5/30/2014 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Love that UD has finally given us a pallet full of matte color options for my skin tone, age, and coloring!! I'm so happy I could dance… 😊 k, I'm better now!! Anywho, these creamy, pigmented colors are absolutely beautiful! I didn't notice any fallout (however it is a brand new pallet). The shadows blend like a dream, shading is super easy, and they all complement each other quite nicely. I believe they would look superb on any skin tone. The colors still looked fresh and vibrant after 10+ hours of wear (with UD's Anti-Age Primer Potion), yay!! This pallet will take a girl from day to night and back again! I had no issues with irritation on my sensitive skin. Well worth the $28 I paid. I'll happily purchase again!!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This is my new favorite eye shadow pallet. Everyone needs this in their makeup collection. There's so many ways you can wear these colors.

Pros:
-Super sleek packaging
-Great for travel
-5/6 are matte shades
-Great pigmentation
-Easy to apply and blend out
-Neutral colors
-Also make great liner colors to smudge out on the bottom of your lashes!

Cons:
-3 very light shades that are quite similar (Venus, Foxy, W.O.S)
-Can't think of any others. You really have to understand what a palette like this is for if you are going to buy it. If you want something with more variety and more "bang for your buck" check out the Naked Palette's. This particular palette is for someone who has a "go to" easy neutral eye they wear on a daily basis, or when you aren't sure what makeup to wear. A friend of mine uses only this palette every time she does her eye makeup. She prefers something compact that gives her the exact colors she is looking for and can wear on a daily basis. Since this palette doesn't offer many color selections, you really should enjoy all 6 shades if you are going to purchase it. Go to your Sephora or Ulta and swatch them to make sure it is in fact what you are looking for before you order/buy it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love this eyeshadow! I have very oily skin, and even without an eye primer, this eyeshadow stays flawless all day. Beautiful colors that are super easy to blend to create that perfect look. I will definitely buy this again!

on 5/18/2014 12:05:00 AM

Got this back in december for my birthday and i use this almost everyday. Fav colors are w.os and faint. Only complaints is that crave isnt as dark and black as i want it to be but i use it still to line lash line

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Simple Daily Makeup Tutorial (Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette) by Anna Boroshok

Top Rated Urban Decay Products