October 21, 2014 | 2018 users online

Treatments - OPI - Chip Skip

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2005 10:51:00 PM More reviews by ShoppingMommy

I really LOVE this stuff. I won't paint my nails without it anymore. I am a neatfreak so I am always cleaning. This stuff allows me to do that and still have polished nails. It also makes the polish go on much smoother. I love it! It keeps paint from chipping for up to a week, which is about 3-4 days longer than it was before I tried this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2005 8:14:00 AM More reviews by blush223

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Don't expect miracles with this. I think all it really does is give you a super-cleansed canvas for the polish application. That's all, but it can make a difference in chipping. I don't find it super drying, but if you can test it first, you may want to. I haven't had staining problems, but I never wear dark polishes without applying a good base coat first. Dark polish will stain if you don't. I have a hard time keeping polish on and this does seem to help some, but nothing particularly amazing about it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2005 3:26:00 AM More reviews by semolinapilchard

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

worthless.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2004 8:54:00 AM More reviews by rachesi

Two words- not impressed!! This totally dried by fingernails out whilst doing nothing to prolong my manicure. Also, I found that when using dark colours such as Santiago Sangria and You're A Pisa Work it stained my nails really badly. Its taken me months to get the stains out of my nails, so if you;re gonna use dark colours with this then all I can say is BEWARE!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2004 6:33:00 PM More reviews by chkl8grl

This is so not OPI. I was not expecting miracles but I was expecting it to work for at least one day.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2004 3:53:00 PM More reviews by sousou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although OPI generally produces high quality nail polish per my past experience - I bought this thinking it was the answer to all my nail problems - NOT! Too much money - it dries the heck out of your nails, and whats with the miniscule brush tip?? DO they not test these products on normal women before throwing them out on beauty salon shelves?

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2004 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Verrine

I bought into the whole OPI set-up because of the colors & rave reviews. I've been using the Chip Skip, Natural Base, 2 layers of color, Top Coat, & Drip Dry. My nails aren't even going 2 days w/o chipping! I am so not impressed.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2004 11:54:00 AM More reviews by imaladybug

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Tried this for a couple of pedicures & found it to be extremely drying. Tip: To remove any residue and prime nails before applying polish, try swiping nails w/ a cotton pad soaked w/ witch hazel & giving your hands a quick rinse.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2004 6:41:00 PM More reviews by amyaub

I'm in the minority on this but this seems to be working pretty good for me. No serious chipping of my polish and it hasn't done any damage to my nails.

However, that being said, I wouldn't recommend this product. I received my bottle as an extra in a swap and was really excited since it was a wishlist item. Would I repurchase this when it runs out? No. It costs about $17-18 a bottle which is ridiculous. You can buy a much cheaper polish base and get the same results. So, unless you can get this cheap or get in it a swap, pass on it as it's not worth the price. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2004 2:36:00 PM More reviews by mill7163

Why didn't I check the mua reviews of this product before I wasted $13.00 on it. This was a total waste of money! Don't fall prey to OPI's false promises of a long lasting manicure, as you will only be disappointed! At least I was.