July 23, 2014 | 2003 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Maestro Fusion Makeup

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this, but for everyday work wear it's not the best for me. I do love how it looks and feels on my skin - it's totally natural and I can't feel it on my skin at all. With every other tinted moisturizer or lightweight foundation, no matter how sheer, I still can feel it. This truly feels like you're wearing nothing. And it doesn't make me any shinier than usual, which is quite a feat considering how oily my skin is and the fact that this foundation is oil-based. However, for longevity and coverage this just isn't enough for me. It fades after a few hours and rubs off if I touch my face (blotting is out of the question). It provides very light coverage, maybe a hair more than a tinted moisturizer, so it doesn't quite even out my admittedly not-so-great skin - I have to use a lot of concealer on top. I'll finish up this bottle but won't repurchase...only if it didn't come off so easily and had more coverage (or if my skin improves!) For shade reference: MAC NC 15-20, and I wear 2 in the Maestro. I wear 4 in Armani's Lasting Silk so it would stand to reason that I would wear 4 in the Maestro as well, but that was a touch too dark - 2 was a much better match.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by nnovak006

This is my first review ever, and I feel like I need to add my two cents because there are a lot of negative comments about this foundation. This has become my HG foundation, I personally love this foundation! If you are a person with really bad skin or likes to have full coverage this may not be for you. I find that application with my fingers delivers the best finish and at most this gives a medium coverage. The finish is very natural which is awesome for me because I don't care for the recent trend towards "luminous" foundations that make my skin shiny. Yes, the price is expensive but this foundation is worth it. It feels so light on your skin and blends very well. I'm normally an NC 20-25 in winter and I find that the 4 works well. If you are more on the 25 side you may need 4.5. I got samples of both and they both have good yellow undertones. I find that putting a light layer of primer on my cheeks where my pores are largest makes this look flawless. If you have any dark discolorations or blemishes you may wish to put concealer on underneath as well. Don't be put off by the bad reviews, try this wonderful foundation for yourself!

Update: After a couple weeks of using this foundation, I haven't broken out at all and everyday I love it more! The color doesn't oxidize at all and this has now become my HG foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by GrRoxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

UPDATE: after some time I learnt whats the best way to use it- dont use water based moisturiser- use oil. Over oil it glides beautifully and it simply sinks into the skin. The other tip- massage it into the skin, dont pat, dont use brush or sponge. Layer it for more coverage.
This way I get perfect, seamless skin and even sellers at makeup counters cant tell if I have foundation or not.

REVIEW:
I read all reviews on internet which I could find and I was pretty sure that I will HATE this product... I asked for sample anyway and oh my god... Its just the BEST foundation I ever used!! I just cant get over it.
First of all, I dont have acne or redness to conceal or huge pores. I have pigmentation around my mouth and nose so the light coverage is enough for me.

The BEST thing about this foundation is the consistency. Its so light, its not like other 'super light' foundations, its MORE than light then. Silky smooth. Blends immediately, no smudges, no streaks, nothing. PERFECT skin. Its just crazy, I feel like I dont have anything on my skin. Its not drying out my normal skin nor moisturising it. On my oilier nose it keeps it not shiny at all without any powder.

Bottle with pipette isnt the most practical but so luxurious! The smell is pleasant and fortunately dissapears. My colour- 4 is perfect match.

The only minus? I guess would be the price but for me- I dont use much of this and I fell its gonna last quite some time.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by EnsieBetsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is absolutely one of my HG foundations! I have tried quite a lot of foundations, from drugstore to high end, and this is by far the greatest. It is very light and fluid, definitely a little goes a long way. The coverage is quite shear, but buildable. If I wear this alone, I would usually put one layer on my face and just add another layer to cover my blemishes. I usually wear this with Bobbi Brown BB cream underneath. The combination is very beautiful. Luminous and natural looking (in spite of having two layers of makeup!). I know that it's quite too much product, but I find that the finish is just so beautiful. And it lasts forever too. I usually work ten hours a day and with a primer (hour glass serum primer), it's still good (with minimal fading) by the time I get out. The only thing that I don't like (aside from the price) is that it can be drying and can accentuate dry patches.. Now that it's getting colder I don't get to use it as much. Overall though, I really love this foundation and would definitely go back to using it once the weather is a little warmer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by SandraDS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am obsessed with this foundation. I read some of the negative reviews and can understand why some are disappointed, especially given the hype this product has received. Given its super lightweight, fluid formula, I suspect it's not the best product for people with very dry skin and/or those looking for moderate to full coverage.

I'm on the normal to oily side, so I prefer a lightweight texture. I'm also looking for a luminous look since I don't have many blemishes or dark spots to cover, so I prefer light/natural looking coverage. For me, this foundation is phenomenal.

I love the super fluid texture because it glides onto skin and immediately absorbs. I feel like I'm not wearing any foundation but my skin looks flawless all day. Once, I reapplied in the afternoon to go straight from work to dinner and it looked fresh, not caked on. I also love that it doesn't leave marks on my clothes or transfer from my fingertips to whatever I touch if I've first touched my face.

It doesn't clog my pores and washes off easily with a mild cleanser or tissues off easily with makeup remover.

I loved the foundation so much I bought the concealer as well. It's the same lightweight, fluid texture. For those looking for a creamy concealer, I would advise against this one. I have dark circles but am not concerned about fine lines around the eye so this texture is perfect for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Simplicity310

I am pleased to have finally found my HG of foundations. I have gone through so many brands (MAC, Estee Lauder, Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown, Guerlain, YSL, Clarins, Mary Kay, Smashbox, Dior) in my quest to find a foundation that provides coverage without looking cakey, matches my complexion, does not make me look like I am frying chicken mid day, lasts at least 8 hours and most importantly: does not break out my very overactive cystic acne skin. I am MAC's NC42-43 and mix #6.5 and 8 for a perfect match. It's pricey at $62/a bottle but well worth it when you've been on a long journey such as mine. The coverage is amazing. I really don't have to blot. This has NOT caused any breakouts. My skin actually looks 95% better after using this foundation and feels so silky. I am so pleased and encourage you to run, not walk to your nearest Armani counter. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 11:59:00 PM More reviews by koreancutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have been looking for a foundation that evens out my skin while looking like I'm wearing absolutely nothing. Generally speaking I can't even wear a true foundation because they just slide off my face no matter what kind of mattifying primer I'm wearing underneath. Yes I am just that oily. My skin is pretty clear, I don't have a lot I'm trying to hide. A little redness on my cheeks and around my nose and mouth and the occasional blemish. This stuff is like magic, only 3-4 little drops covers your entire face and it feels like weightlessness. From reading the reviews, people with drier skin haven't liked it as much as people with oily skin. Also it's best to apply this with your fingers over clean, moisterized skin with NO primer underneath!! I thought I was originally going to be a 4.5, however it looked way too light, 5 and 5.5 was way too beige not enough yellow for my asian skin, 6.5 was perfect. Also this seems to magically self adjust to your skin so even if your shade is a little off it'll blend in. I'm mac nc25-35 depending on the time of year, ysl shade 5 or 6. As a side note, usually with my concealer I go a shade lighter, however the shade 3 was too peachy/pink for my skin tone so I went with shade 4. I'll update again after I've worn this for awhile.
Edit: After wearing this for a week, it made me break out, not only did it make me breakout it also somehow managed to simultaneously dry out my skin AND drive my oil glands into overdrive :( sad to say this was returned to nordstrom.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Jaimee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to say, so far I am loving this foundation. It is very light, but it manages to even out my complexion nicely (my skin is fairly clear, but needs a "lift"). It wears very well - lasts more than 8+ hours. It also doesn't break me out. The only downside is the price. Then again I am a firm believer that you get what you pay for.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2012 7:56:00 AM More reviews by hisquiggle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

UPDATE:

After recently moving to a warmer and more humid climate, my skin has become more balanced and this foundation now works on me with the right moisturizer underneath. I use 6.5, and it's a great foundation for hot days because it lasts very well and doesn't oxidize or become oily. The only problem I have with Maestro is that it only works on me if I'm using a heavy enough moisturizer. Other than that, I love how it's undetectable on the skin yet perfects it at the same time.

I really wanted to love this foundation but it just doesn't work for my dry skin. I got a sample in 4.5, which is a little light for my NC30 complexion (4.5 is more like NC20-25). The texture and coverage of the foundation are both phenomenal; you don't know what weightless means until you've experienced this foundation. Maestro is a very liquidy, silicone-based foundation that applies best with fingers and dries down to a natural, satin skin-like finish (not matte or dewy). I have blackheads on my nose and enlarged pores on my cheeks, and Maestro does a great job at blurring those textural problems. It even covers the redness I have on my left cheek, which I usually have to cover with concealer when I wear tinted moisturizer. I'd say that it's a medium coverage foundation if you layer it, but it won't cover acne, scarring, or heavy hyperpigmentaion. Unfortunately, this foundation really emphasizes any dryness I have, which is a problem I have with a lot of foundations. Even with exfoliating and a heavy moisturizer, Maestro makes the skin on the sides of the nose and my cheeks extremely flaky. I'm going to try this foundation again in the summertime when my skin is more normal, and hopefully it'll work better because it's such a beautiful formula. If you have skin that's oily, normal, or even combination, Maestro is worth trying out.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by MeLev

I tried the foundation this week on my hand and bought it right away. I loved the light feel and texture. i am always on the lookout for a foundation that feels like a second skin. I thought I had found my dream make-uo I put it on when I got home for a hit minute and loved it! I applied it the next morning before work and was really impressed!! Then the flaking began....:..iwithin a couole hours, i looked like I had spent too much time in the sun, got a horrible burn which was now in the peeling stage. I am a religious exfoliater and have never experienced this EVER! I use $275 face cream so the problem is not that I was putting it over cheap moisturizer. Congrats to Armani for
developing a foundation that feels so light and comfortable, but they need to go back to the drawing board to fix the flaking problem. Not an attractive look. Wondering if your skin adjusts after a while and stoos the shedding process, but cant wear it to work if it is going to look this way in a couole hours.