October 23, 2014 | 1414 users online

Palettes - LORAC - PRO Palette

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by sabrinalovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of my first ever Lorac buys & I have to say that I'm in love with the softness and the amazing blend ability these eye shadows have! This palette can creat oh so many looks really simple. I've already hit pan on a lot of the colors because this is my everyday go to palette! I would say that if your on the fence about this at least give it a try.. Everyone's outlook is always different but I really think you would enjoy this!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by sarah_417

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have both the Lorac pro and UD Naked palettes. I like them both, but if I only had the budget for one, it would be the Lorac palette.

The biggest difference to me is how powdery the Lorac colors are, but not in a bad way. I use Mac brushes to do my eye makeup, and a soft touch to the palette picks up tons of product. It goes on great and blends really nicely.

I use the lorac primer, and it works excellent with the eyeshadows, my looks last all day without creasing.

The only con is that you can not buy the colors individually. The highlight colors are my favorite ever, and I use them with my naked palette looks too. I wish I could buy full size versions of those. When I hit pan on those, it will be a re-purchase for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by bananachan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I believe I have finally unseated Naked 1 as my favorite palette.

I was so excited to receive this palette because I knew how versatile it would be. It comes with 8 matte and 8 shimmery shades, plus a mini primer. I did find, however, that white (a matte shade) had a little sparkle.

I did not anticipate just how buttery smooth these shadows would be. Applying them is a dream. I get little to no fallout even when applying some of the shimmery shades. They are intensely pigmented, yet they can be sheered out with some careful blending.

I am ready to sign over my firstborn for this palette. I love it that much. The only issue I have with it is the packaging; it is cardboard and it worries me that my beloved palette isn't well-insulated from shock. Nonetheless, I have fallen in love.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 1:03:00 AM More reviews by lindseyjo

HG PALETTE i can not say enough about how much i love this product!! I use it on a daily basis!! You can create such a range of looks. The shadows are creamy and pigmented. I'm obsessed! The ONLY con to this product is that the shadows can be loose so remember to tap of your brush to prevent fallout! I use this daily and am still yet to hit pan! I would highly recommend this palette!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this palette. Every shade is wearable and has a smooth, almost creamy consistency. I'm about to hit pan on a couple of the shades, as this palette gets a lot of use. There isn't a dud in the bunch. I highly recommend this, and I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Goldensunset83

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this palette because the pigmentation it OUTSTANDING and the eye shadows literally blend so easily! This is one of the best buys every besides my Naked 2 palette. The top row has matte and the bottom has shimmery. With all of the colors you can make endless combinations from soft day looks to dramatic night looks. The Lorac Pro is also great for travel because its so sleek and thin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 4:04:00 AM More reviews by meganxoxo1996

My favorite palette of all time :) I normally stick to drugstore products, and this is the first expensive palette I've purchased and I could not be any happier. The colors are so pigmented and gorgeous, and I love the mix of mattes and shimmers. This palette is so versatile, you can create so many different looks. It is a must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Margeilles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This palette is really good because it gives both matte and metallic shadows. I prefer this over UD because you kind of get all of the Naked collections in this one palette, meaning you get the "neutrals, bronze(y), and pink(y)" spectrum without having to dish out $156 for UD and with this you get a eye primer free with it. The only problem I have found that it's made with cardboard packaging, I'm a little rough with my palettes and this will probably not last very well for me. Other than that I can't complain!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by VMV

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was really surprised about the quality of these shadows. They have really good pigmentation even the lightest ones. I do have a little blending problems with the dark shades. Also there is some fallout but I have it with every eyeshadow that I own. Packaging is very sleek and nice but it gets dirty easily.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by k0k0black

I am probably in the minority here that wasn't all that impressed with the lorac pro palette. I tried so hard to love it because the colors are so amazing and it seemed like it had potential to be my go-to and travelling palette. However I had some blendability issues with some of the deeper matte shades. I'll sum up everything in pros and cons.

Pros:
- Gorgeous color selection
- The MOST pigmented eyeshadows I've come across. Every color swatched beautifully.
- 8 mattes, 8 shimmers. Genius !
- Long lasting (I have non oily eyelids)
- Texture is buttery smooth
- Packaging is very slim and lightweight. About half the size of a naked palette.
- The bottom half (shimmers) blend amazingly. The lighter matte shades also blend well.

Cons:
- The shadows are powdery and will leave fallouts. You must tap off the excess on your brush before applying it to your eyelids.
- The deeper mattes in the palette do not blend well. Mainly sable, expresso and black.

I don't know whether my palette was just a dud but the main crease colors which are the deeper MATTE browns and blacks don't want to blend for me. They love to leave a harsh line in my crease which makes me put SO much effort in blending it out. I have to blend so much that I got put off with using the palette. No there is nothing wrong with the way I apply my eyeshadows. I apply them the same way I apply my urban decay/too faced shadows and they all BLEND well. Plus I was annoyed with the fallouts and making sure I have to tap my brush before I start applying them.
One tip though, in order for me to get the deeper matte shades to work, I have to apply using a fluffier blending brush so that the colors are more evenly distributed and less concentrated. This will help prevent the harsh line in the crease area.

Overall I am just frustrated that i can't get myself to love this palette. I really wanted to. There's just more effort I must put in when using the mattes. (nothing wrong with the shimmers). But then again, like I said, the palette I got may have been a dud.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No