July 24, 2014 | 996 users online

Palettes - LORAC - PRO Palette

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by aimsterdam

It is a very nice palette with a good variety of colors. The colors have great pigmentation BUT i ALWAYS have a hard time blending the darker colors like the black and deep purple. I BARELY dab my brush into the color and once i place it onto my eye, its SOOO hard to blend and i have to be super be careful to not make mistakes. 1 lippy off for that. I wish the dark colors were easier to blend. the colors are also pretty dusty and make a mess. Very nice palette otherwise.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by thegrumpus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love my pro palette so far! The colors are beautiful, and so buttery in texture, that they're a dream to apply! I like the variety of shades, and how there is a mix of shimmery and matte. I feel like you truly can create almost any look with this! They are also long lasting. Applied it in the morning, was out and about all day (my last stop was the gym), and when I got home it was still looking like I had just applied it! I hadn't put on primer either since I was in a rush! I think I may even like this better than my naked palette....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Let me first start out by saying that I am extremely picky about eyeshadows. They have to be buttery, pigmented, true to color, and long wearing. These shadows check off all those things. This palette is AMAZING. I am so glad I bought it. Not one color is a dud. I also love the mixture of mattes and shimmer. Run out and get this palette NOW.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2013 10:55:00 AM More reviews by rediscoverme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I lost the internal battle against getting this palette recently, and I have to say that I am super happy I actually decided to go through with my purchase! I've been staring at it for what seems like forever, but I just couldn't commit when I have almost every other naked/neutral palette available. The thing is that every time I go into a makeup store, I find myself right back in the Lorac section playing with the Pro palette. I just couldn't hold myself back any longer!

Pros:

It has such a wonderful range of colors, and they are unbelievably pigmented. I was extremely impressed with the fact that they have such an ideal balance of matte and shimmer colors, which is a very big plus for me. I never thought I would care much for matte shadows, but they are a definite must for crease colors and blending purposes. The shadow colors are all to die for, I can confidently say it is the first palette I've ever bought that I will use every single shadow in.

This is the first neutral palette that I can actually use without needing to grab a different color from anywhere else. So convenient!

The mirror is great, and the names are quite literal, which I find kind of useful.

The textures are creamy, rich, buttery, silky ...and all of the other stuff we all look for in eyeshadow textures and quality. Even though I have come across the powdery thing that others have spoken up about with Lorac shadows in the past, It has not been the case with this one any time I've ever sampled or used it. This was actually another big reason I finally purchased it. The quality just seems superior, and that's saying a lot considering that powdery or not, I absolutely love Lorac's eyeshadows.

I purchased mine for $42.00, which is overall cheaper than the other neutral palettes out there.

CONS:

The Packaging. I love that it's flat because it being compact makes it awesome for travel, but I am disappointed to find that it is made out of some sort of hard cardboard. Truth be told, I didn't even realize it until reading these reviews, but I can see where it would be an issue with smudges or concerns that it will be flimsy. The cardboard-ey thing it's made out of seems pretty sturdy, so it's definitely not that much of a negative for me. Like I said, I find it just sort of disappointing.

The shadows are small compared to other neutral palettes. Even though I purchased it not too long ago, and it's terribly pigmented so as to not have to use so much, I'm already having anxiety over hitting pan on the colors I know I will use really often. I guess this can also be seen as a plus, if only because I love it so much that I'm already freaking out about running out. I will also add that I justify the smaller size in my head as being an OK thing because of the amount of different colors it comes with; most neutral palettes may have bigger pans, but they don't have the range this one does.

The champagne color, which I was hoping would be a constant inner eye highlighter color for me, has chunks of glitter in it. It's a beautiful color, but I can't STAND getting glitter all over my face. This is probably one of the things I'm most bummed out about because I'm worried I won't want to use it very often as I don't really want to deal with the clean-up hassle. I'm also worried about what other colors I may find in the pallet which will have chunks of glitter in it. The chunks are actually not as big as say, the UD shadows that contain glitter in them, but it's still irritating.

----

Overall, I find this an amazing palette. I would recommend it to anyone looking for just one neutral pallet or starting their collection. The positives definitely outweigh any negatives for me, and I can't wait to see what different combinations I can create with it!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2013 1:46:00 AM More reviews by rockabettie83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this thinking that since everyone I've seen on YouTube loves this palette I might like it too. Boy was I wrong. I gave it a try and it is the worst group of eye shadows I have ever used. The colors are nice but that's it. Too much fallout and even using the primer that it came with it does not last. I would apply the shadow and it I dared to blend it would disappear. Man what a rip off! I'm glad I was able to return it and try something else that seems to work better for me. My biggest suggestion is try the product out at a Sephora or Ulta before buying online because otherwise you may be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 12:39:00 AM More reviews by RachelCouture

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far one of my best palettes ever! The pigmentation is great. Matte as well as shimmer shadows. You'll find colors that compliment your skin tone. I love love love this palette.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by nattiekins05

First of all, i just want to say that Lorac is such an awesome brand, and i have NEVER had bad luck with any of their products... i have tried many bronzers, illuminators, and foundations, but never had i bought any.of their shadows, or any of their eye makeup. so about 6 months ago, i purchased the pro pallet and i loved it so much that i wanted try more of the Lorac eye makeup. At ulta, they had an exclusive limited edition 'dazzling dozen' shadow set: full sized, each in their own little tin for $35 (each purchased separately is $228 value). Anyway. between the two sets, i had MANY shadows to chose from. MOST of them were matte, but there were a couple that had a touch of shimmer. I normally stay far far away from shimmer- i am not in the 8th grade, and cleaning up the fallout and keeping the shimmer ONLY on your eyelids (even while using a shadow primer) is nearly impossible. That however was not the case. The shimmer was very subtle and it was very fine, with no chunks of glitter or anything like that. I have even slept in my makeup after a night out, and the shimmer was everything but all over my face. It was very easy to remove and came right off with a makeup remover wipe. oh, i almost forgot, like another reviewer had stated- this was by far the easiest of all my shadows to blend. i applied them with a shadow brush, and used my smudge brush to blend the colors together. This made my smokey eye take half the time it normally would. It was a breeze. The only downfall is the price, some may think its way too expensive, but when it saves me time- i will pay the exyra money, hands down.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I own a lot of makeup and palettes but I always end up reaching for this one! I only got this for Christmas and I've hit pan on 5 of the eyeshadows already. It has the perfect mix of shimmery and matte eyeshadows to give you any look you want - from natural to dramatic and smokey. I wear this to work and I've used it to create night time looks as well so its very versatile and a must have to any makeup collection - whether you are just starting out or professionally a makeup artist.

All the eyeshadows are highly pigmented and they blend like a dream!!! The eye primer is the best out there besides TFSI ...I love it and it lasts all day. My favorite shadows are Taupe and Mauve....they are the perfect transition or crease colours. Cream is an amazing highlight colour. Nude and Lt Bronze are my go to lid colours for every day. Pewter is perfect for a smokey eye. If you don't own this yet you have to go out and get it! I love this more than my UD Naked Palettes.

When I run out I will definitely be repurchasing because I cannot be without any of the colours. The palette snaps shut with a magnet and travels well (none of the eyeshadows have broke yet while travelling). It also lays flat so you can keep it open as you apply your makeup. I use this professionally (I am a MUA) and personally. My one and only complaint would be that the pans should be a bit bigger - I would definitely pay a few more dollars to have wider or longer pans in the palette so it lasts a bit longer. I absolutely ADORE this product and really want to try more products from Lorac.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by alixloring

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The best palette I've EVER owned. I'm more of a matte shadow type of gal, so I was so excited to see that half the palette was matte colors! (as opposed to most palettes, where there's like 2 or 3 out of 12 that are matte) The colors are beautiful and I have come up with tons and tons of completely different looks using this palette. The packaging could be a little better, it is flimsy, but it doesn't bother me. I will absolutely 100% repurchase this once I start hitting pan on some of my favorite shades! 5 lippy's for Lorac Pro Palette! :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 3:23:00 AM More reviews by x3rjessikers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This palette is super nice. Let's start off with the packaging. The packaging is cardboard, feels a little flimsy and has that texture on it that can make it super dirty if you still have foundation on your fingers and you grabbed for this palette. My palette is pretty dirty looking, But I'm scared if i wipe it down with alcohol or a makeup cleaning wipe, it'll ruin the texture forever. D: Although it feels a little flimsy, its quite durable. I've traveled with it a few times and nothing has happened. Moving on inside. The mirror is a nice size and is a real mirror, none of that fun house, reflective stuff. It's good for doing your eye makeup up close, but a bit small to do your whole face makeup with just this mirror. The shadows are in a fairly small pan. A LOT smaller than what you would get in a UD naked palette (for example). The top row is all matte (minuse White, that has some shimmer in it) where as the bottom row is all shimmery. The shadows itself are very soft, very blendable, very pigment, and verrrrrryyy silky. When I first put my brush in it, I was surprised as how much powder it kicked up (my first experience with Lorac shadows). However, if you gently place your brush in it without digging it in, you'll get a decent amount of color. You can create so many different eye looks with this, ranging from barely there to a deep, dark smokey eye. I brought this palette with me on vacation and it was really all I needed. No need for any other palette or any other shadow. It really is versatile and gave me plenty of different options of different looks I wanted to create. Overall, the shadows are nice and silky. The pans are a bit small but as long as you're more sparing with how you use them, it should last forever. I've had mine for over a year and it still looks brand spanking new. The mirror is good and its great for traveling. I would definitely reach for this to take traveling over my naked palettes.