MAC Rebel Lipstick

4.5

This is my favorite lipstick. When I saw this shade at Mac it looked a little ...dark. Scary. But I had heard great things about it online so I decided to take the plunge and buy it. I was looking for something a little different than my normal hot pinks and reds. When it's on, it turns into this beautiful dark fuchsia pink color. For reference I'm about NC10-15 with naturally pale lips. I love their satin finish lipsticks: no smudging, but not as dry as their mattes. This one leaves a nice stain so it lasts on the lips for hours.

I absolutely love this color. This was my first MAC lipstick and I was looking for a bold, fall-winter color, something plummy like I see on a ton of models. After going to MAC and seeing Rebel and trying it on, I was in LOVE. I line my lips with MAC Currant first and then apply Rebel and it looks fantastic. It's a plum color that isn't toooo purple, but it's absolutely perfect and I'm so in love with it. I feel fantastic when I wear it with a black outfit. :)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Just picked this up for fall a month or so ago. I'd been wanting to get it for while and finally did. I'm so happy I did! Easily a new favorite!!

I absolutely love MAC lipsticks as they have a variety of shades to suit all skin tones. Plus they have many different finishes. I prefer their satin and amplified finishes as I have very dry lips but I do like their lustre finishes as they are more glossy. I was on the hunt for a purple/plummy toned berry lipstick that complimented my complexion so I thought 'Rebel' would be a good choice. The colour payoff is excellent. The lipstick itself is quite darker in shade but when you swatch it, it is a warm plummy/fuchsia berry colour. What I love about this lipstick is that you can change to undertone of the colour, e.g. a deep wine red for a bold vampy cranberry look or a warmer magenta red for a bright pop of colour. I have done both in the past and it really puts the makeup look together with a simple winged/cat-eye look. Since this colour is more of a statement shade, I prefer to wear this on nights out or special occasions. 'Rebel' is a satin finish so it's semi-matte but doesn't make my lips look dry/flaky. The lipstick usually lasts longer since it's a darker shade and providing I use a lipliner underneath. It does face slightly when I'm eating however it leaves a lip stain so it's more forgiving. I don't mind re-applying it again as I'm obsessed with this colour! It's a great lipstick shade for the autumn/fall and winter seasons. I have quite a collection of MAC lipsticks and. They keep bumpin' up the prices each year but I'd happily continue to buy more shades in the future. A very good quality lipstick and worth every penny. I can't highly recommend this enough! Hope this review helps :)

This lipstick is so sexy and unique! It makes my blue eyes stand out which I love.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This color is adorable :) MAC lipsticks are always great especially since they stay on so long.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm building my MAC lipstick collection, and I had to have this color! I absolutely love it! It's a deep, vibrant plummy/pink shade that can give you that vampy look, but it's also a color thats perfect for fall or winter. It does leave a stain on the lips, but that doesn't bother me. It has a Satin finish, which are my favorite because they are very pigmented, fully opaque, apply smoothly, are long lasting. Satin's have a matte looking finish, but with a slight sheen so they don't look too flat. This is one of the creamier Satin's IMO. I think this shade would look good on all skin tones if you like bright colors.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

The sexiest, richest fall lip I've ever found. I love it so!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This color is amazing. During the day I wear it alone and it is a deep fuchsia color. At night I wear it with MAC's lip pencil in Vino which add a deep burgundy tinge to it. Every time I wear it I get at least one compliment. One of my friends said I should wear it 24/7 lol. Any darker than this would be too vampy/gothic looking.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

rebel is a beautiful, bold berrry/purpleish lipstick. it's unique and with any bold lip, i think u need the confidence to wear with it ;) every time i wear it, i'm asked by friends and by strangers what lipstick i'm wearing on my lips or what brand it is. it has great lasting power with a lipliner underneath it. i gave it a 4/5 bc i find mac lipsticks a little drying on the lips, so definitely apply this lipstick with moisturized lips. even better, use a lip scrub prior to wearing rebel, then a light lip balm, then lipliner, then rebel haha. there are times i don't use a lip scrub before rebel, and throughout the day it dries out my lipstick and it gets patchy and really noticable. NOT CUTE. other than that, fabulous lipstick.

Recommended for Medium Skin