April 18, 2014 | 1833 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick - MAC Red

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2009 3:38:00 AM More reviews by khymm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Im NC20, Asian and this red looks good on me. Not too bright with bluish undertone. Formula is Satin and its not drying. Be careful though this sometimes settles into fine lines.. Make sure to moisturise lips before applying this. Want to try Russian Red next time..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2009 4:19:00 AM More reviews by wontonwendy

I quite like this red
it kinda reminds me of like a geisha or oriental kind of red which goes well with my skin tone
has a matte finish. i think ill like to try russian red next though

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by kmelia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was on a hunt for the perfect red lipstick and then I found this.... End the search, it's amazing! It needs a bit of clear gloss or a layer of Sephora LipAttitude Glamour in G13 to make it really pop, as it is a bit matte on my lips. I have to keep everything to a bare minimum as my lips take front stage when I wear this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2009 1:37:00 PM More reviews by ieatsparkle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My favourite lipstick this and Russian red are wowza i cant live without them !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2009 2:00:00 PM More reviews by jessicaho

Lovely blue-red that makes my teeth look much whiter than they really are. I haven't really worn this out because I'm still daunted by the bright red but it's such a lovely colour. Definitely not for the faint-of-heart. 16.50CAD and will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2009 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Abrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This to me creates the perfect red lip, I was hesitant to buy this because of its bright red appearance, but trying it on I was pleasantly surprised.

Next to my extremely pale skin it turned out to be the perfect blood red color, and with a bit of clear gloss it came to become the perfect red lip.

But I am taking off one red lippy because of the fact that my other friends who have darker skin have tried this lipstick look like they have bright fuchsia on their lips which isn't the most attractive thing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2009 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Faster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A beautiful formula for a red lipstick, Satin is great - not too shiny, not too matte.MAC Red (to me) is a dark true red leaning to the wine side of red on my pigmented lips.Lasts & lasts, never flakes or bleeds! I use this with MAC's Brick liner & apply with a brush for the cleanest lines.Yum, i love this lipstick.(For reference me : very pale n/nc 15ish with dark hair)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2009 2:55:00 AM More reviews by llumi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This red is one that does what so many others fail to do. Looks good on different skin tones and lip colors. It's creamy, doesn't leech onto your teeth, and rarely feathers at the lipline if you don't use liner. Tres Magnifique.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2009 12:44:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Definitely not was I was expecting!! In an attempt to find a creamy, smooth version of my beloved Ruby Woo, this looked like just the answer. In the tube, the color looked just like Ruby Woo, a true red with blue undertones. It looked about the same swatched on my hand except super creamy, so of course I bought it. It was returned the next day!! Even on my pale, neutral skin this looked like a fuschia red. The color does not compare to Ruby Woo. And I only buy blue toned red lipsticks, so this was a shock!! But I was in love with the texture, so creamy and felt nice on my lips. But I'd rather stay with my chalky Ruby Woo than use a creamy magenta color!! I think this would work on fair skin with pink undertones, but this might look magenta on neutral and yellow skin tones. Definitely try it on your lips before you buy!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2009 2:39:00 AM More reviews by arikabh

i dont really like the pink tone in this lipstick, and im not a fan of the slippery feeling satin finish. not my favorite red.