MAC Satin Lipstick - MAC Red

4.4

on 11/7/2009 11:33:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Out of all the MAC red lippies, I keep on going back to this one. This is a very classy matte/satin red. Its pigmented and works for me. No hint of pink, fuschia or orange.

on 10/5/2009 11:02:00 AM

I was looking for a bright red lipstick with a yellow undertone and thats what i told the girl at the MAC counter. she suggested this, which clearly has a blue undertone but i was not aware of it. I swatched it only partially on my lip because i was choosing form a couple of shades and thought this one looked quite bright so i purchased: but alas! when i went home and did my whole lip, the blue undertones complete clash with my yellow base skin. I'm an asian NC20 and this lipstick looks crazy bright and not in a good way. However, the quality and colour payoff of the product is great. its creamy, stays on very well but the colour just does not suit me. I am aware that blue base reds can work for some girls with yellow skintones but it just does not seem to work for me. so the lesson is: try the lipstick on all of your mouth at the counter! dont just swipe on a little you wont get the full effect. For me, this is too bright and too blue-ish on me to be a "classic red". I'm still searching..

on 9/26/2009 9:39:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I loved the color-- a rich cool/blue toned red --when I swatched it in the store. But outside, it was just too much with my pale/fair skin. I tried to work with it, using it as just a stain...but it seeped into the fine lines around my upper lip. I tried using a reverse lipliner, concealer, regular lipliner...and that still happened. I am mid 30, and my lips already are getting some of those fine lines...but I have never had a problem lippie that bled like this before. I ended up returning it :(

on 8/5/2009 2:58:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Love this red for between matte red days. Isn't drying in the least, so its great for a day between say ruby woo which is mega drying. Great blue red with a slight shimmer, not a juicy lip just a slight light reflection.

on 6/25/2009 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

An amazing blue red! Not matte so is not drying at all but since it's a satin you get that rich texture and color.
The blue undertones are very flattering to most skin tones and do not make your teeth look yellow at all.

great red, my favorite aftre russian red.

on 6/16/2009 3:38:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Im NC20, Asian and this red looks good on me. Not too bright with bluish undertone. Formula is Satin and its not drying. Be careful though this sometimes settles into fine lines.. Make sure to moisturise lips before applying this. Want to try Russian Red next time..

on 6/2/2009 4:19:00 AM

I quite like this red
it kinda reminds me of like a geisha or oriental kind of red which goes well with my skin tone
has a matte finish. i think ill like to try russian red next though

on 5/16/2009 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was on a hunt for the perfect red lipstick and then I found this.... End the search, it's amazing! It needs a bit of clear gloss or a layer of Sephora LipAttitude Glamour in G13 to make it really pop, as it is a bit matte on my lips. I have to keep everything to a bare minimum as my lips take front stage when I wear this.

on 5/15/2009 1:37:00 PM

My favourite lipstick this and Russian red are wowza i cant live without them !

on 4/12/2009 2:00:00 PM

Lovely blue-red that makes my teeth look much whiter than they really are. I haven't really worn this out because I'm still daunted by the bright red but it's such a lovely colour. Definitely not for the faint-of-heart. 16.50CAD and will repurchase.

Popular Lipsticks