September 19, 2014 | 1683 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Saddle

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2006 10:42:00 PM More reviews by sana_j

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this shadow on my dark brown eyes and nc42-44/c6 skin. The MA combined this in the crease with gleam packed on to the lid and a lot of black eyeliner and I loved the end result (if only I could subtract some of the black eyeliner). This would make a great everyday look, also, but I actually had it on at night and it still stood out. I highly recommend this to similar complexions. Although it looks boring in the pan, it looks amazing on and the texture is fabulous also.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2006 1:44:00 AM More reviews by melikemochi

A matte version of texture. Very smooth texture! They looked so similar in terms of a brownish taupe with a orangish undertone! Very flatting on my C4 skin. Different from the plain regular neutrals because the orangish undertone gives it an extra kick. Would go well with antiqued.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2005 2:33:00 PM More reviews by MostAdorable

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Saddle is a nice, somewhat neutral shade that I can wear when I don't have a lot of time to devote to detailed eyeshadow application. It's a great wash of color that just gives me a polished look. Someone mentioned that this one is similar to Cork, which is very true. The color depth is the same, although the undertones make them different. This one has more of a slight orange undertone to it, whereas Cork had more of a greyness to it and was not quite as wearable (on me anyway). All I have to do is add a nice soft browbone highlighter (Arena is my favorite one right now), and I'm out the door minutes later.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2005 3:44:00 PM More reviews by spollie

Saddle is one of my favorites to wear in the crease, with pollen or nylon on the lids lined with bountiful brown. Very pretty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2004 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Marla20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ok - i must redeem this color. it is *perfect* for brown-eyed girls when paired with Shroom (and even Paradisco). I use this color ONLY for creasing with a pointed brush on the inside (apply to the creases with your eyes open) and it is LOVELY. i do not think that it is boring at all! it is easy to apply and I am soooo happy that I bought (even though at first I was skeptical) I use Saddle to make my lighter shades darker for night or just with a shimmery shade for a fresh angelic look during the day. and this is one of my HG eyeshadows and I will never get tired of using this shade!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2004 1:54:00 PM More reviews by cdsf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this for an everyday look paired with Naked Lunch. On me, it is a deeper version of Cork with a little more orange in it. Everyone tries to put me in orange eyeshadows to make my blue eyes pop, but I can never get used to them. This is a great compromise. More of a brown with orange undertones. Looks great paired with a peach lip. :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2003 8:01:00 PM More reviews by SCAB_RN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This makes a great brow liner for redheads or auburn highlights.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2003 11:24:00 AM More reviews by sydklg

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this for my eyebrows w/my reddish hair...the only reason I wouldn't buy it again is b/c I can't use it as an eyeshadow - too orangey...I might try it as a liner and see what happens. Or maybe over a lighter shadow like Kitten? UPDATE - works great over MAC Glare to give a toasty, warm brown as a wash! But I still wouldn't purchase again. I'm sure there is something better out there.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2002 11:06:00 AM More reviews by laurilauri

good basic brown but it's a little too warm for my coloring. i like it better when i use it for wet lining rather than a crease color. i still wear it but probably would not re-buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2002 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Calamity

Warm medium brown. Perfect everyday crease colour for an MMM. One of my "job interview" colours - meaning, boring but attractive colours that give a "safe", polished look.