MAC Matte - Saddle

4.8

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Silica, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Red 40 Lake, Ultramarines, Yellow 5 Lake]

on 5/11/2007 11:28:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I can't wear most browns, some are too warm, red or orange, end up looking bruised or swollen. Saddle is an interesting color which I never thought of using. I am a MMM, NC30, Stila D and GA #6. I first put on a neutral wash of color like MAC naked lunch, gleam, you get the idea. Then I sweep saddle on my lower lids, from inside to outside. Perfect!!

on 10/19/2006 2:43:00 PM

Ick. One more mediocre Mac eyeshadow. When will I learn that their e/s lack pigment and have a chalky texture? Their veluxe pearl is the only formula that is 1/2 way decent--too bad 'cuz their colors rock. I have many more d/s shadows that are of superior quality, therefore I will not buy this again and doubt I'll even use this one up! ****EDIT****

As often happens, I find it difficult to write a truly objective review. I've discovered recently that I actually really like Saddle--in fact, it's become an everyday basic shade for me, I use it all the time. The trick IMO is to use it blended over a very soft, shimmery shade (like Stila)--it isn't so chalky this way and blends out with a nice subtlety. Also, using a different brush (fluffier) made a big difference. It still isn't the best e/s in the world but its worth working with.

on 9/10/2006 10:07:00 PM

NC45 African American with red and green undertones. Saddle is my absolute HG. My favorite professional combination is Naked Lunch on browbone, Soft Brown as a wash, and Saddle in the crease. It is the perfect combination. MACs mattes are the best, and Saddle is no distinction. For most of my MAC addiction, MAs have been recommending colors that have the wrong undertone - Cork, Soba, Era, Patina, are all beautiful colors, but have more of a grayish undertone that don't compliment my skin and undertone, while they may be HGs for others. Not to sound vain, but when I apply colors like Saddle, I love how I look (lol). Saddle is beyond HG, I will buy it again, and again, and again.

on 8/25/2006 8:18:00 AM

Saddle is one of my favorite, go to crease shades. I find the color to be a good mix of orange, brown, tan and peach. A great neutral shade that I can wear with alot of versatility and different lid shades. It also offers a great wash of color that just gives me a polished look for a simple and easy 5 minute eye. The depth of color is the same as MAC Cork but this one is definately more wearable for a GGG/DDD like myself becuase of the undertones. Saddle is more of a warm orange/brown while Cork is cooler toned and has a greyness about it. I wear this alot in the crease with Texture on the lid and Arena to highlight.

on 8/21/2006 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I LOVE this shadow on my dark brown eyes and nc42-44/c6 skin. The MA combined this in the crease with gleam packed on to the lid and a lot of black eyeliner and I loved the end result (if only I could subtract some of the black eyeliner). This would make a great everyday look, also, but I actually had it on at night and it still stood out. I highly recommend this to similar complexions. Although it looks boring in the pan, it looks amazing on and the texture is fabulous also.

on 1/17/2006 1:44:00 AM

A matte version of texture. Very smooth texture! They looked so similar in terms of a brownish taupe with a orangish undertone! Very flatting on my C4 skin. Different from the plain regular neutrals because the orangish undertone gives it an extra kick. Would go well with antiqued.

on 7/28/2005 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Saddle is a nice, somewhat neutral shade that I can wear when I don't have a lot of time to devote to detailed eyeshadow application. It's a great wash of color that just gives me a polished look. Someone mentioned that this one is similar to Cork, which is very true. The color depth is the same, although the undertones make them different. This one has more of a slight orange undertone to it, whereas Cork had more of a greyness to it and was not quite as wearable (on me anyway). All I have to do is add a nice soft browbone highlighter (Arena is my favorite one right now), and I'm out the door minutes later.

on 3/11/2005 3:44:00 PM

Saddle is one of my favorites to wear in the crease, with pollen or nylon on the lids lined with bountiful brown. Very pretty.

on 3/14/2004 10:42:00 PM

ok - i must redeem this color. it is *perfect* for brown-eyed girls when paired with Shroom (and even Paradisco). I use this color ONLY for creasing with a pointed brush on the inside (apply to the creases with your eyes open) and it is LOVELY. i do not think that it is boring at all! it is easy to apply and I am soooo happy that I bought (even though at first I was skeptical) I use Saddle to make my lighter shades darker for night or just with a shimmery shade for a fresh angelic look during the day. and this is one of my HG eyeshadows and I will never get tired of using this shade!

on 3/5/2004 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this for an everyday look paired with Naked Lunch. On me, it is a deeper version of Cork with a little more orange in it. Everyone tries to put me in orange eyeshadows to make my blue eyes pop, but I can never get used to them. This is a great compromise. More of a brown with orange undertones. Looks great paired with a peach lip. :-)

Top Rated MAC Products