July 29, 2014 | 1231 users online

Lip Treatments - E.L.F. - Studio Lip Exfoliator

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Angelique79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Read in more than a handful of articles that this was an essential buy, and they were right. It smells and tastes like the natural ingredients that it uses and it's easy to apply, making exfoliating your lips a cinch. I compare this to Fresh Brown Sugar Lip Scrub, which came in a jar and is a cult classic. I actually like ELF's lipstick bullet formula better because Fresh's formula was jelly like and got everywhere on the mouth.

Love that Target has an ELF section now, because that makes it even more attainable. There's nothing worse than ordering something online and having to not only pay extra money to have it shipped to you but also WAIT for it to ship to you.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by missnat

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A lip exfoliator that you can keep in your purse and use anywhere, anytime? Yes, please! I've used mine at least 10 times and it hasn't broken on me like it has for a few people here. Maybe there was a lame batch. It works great, although if I overuse it, my lips actually get chapped, but that's my fault for not being able to stop, haha! Beautiful packaging, great taste/smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2013 12:08:00 PM More reviews by ComplexBeauty09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

With the ingredients list and the price it hard to pass up! Avocado, jojoba and shea! No mineral oil in sight! The scent is the only down side of this product- you get a cheap chocolate, vanilla, hazelnut fragrance oil, ugh. Make sure you use it like it states- wet lips (after shower or washing your face works well) and apply. Great little treat to get all your girlfriends for the colder months ahead!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 10:38:00 AM More reviews by glamerous3059

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WOW!!! IS ALL I CAN SAY. THIS IS AWSOM FOR $3. BE CAREFUL IT BREAKS EASLY BUT ITS OK I TAKE QTIP AND SCOOP OUT, ADD COCONUT OIL OR OILIVE OIL AND SCRUB. I LOVE IT. ITS MAKE LIPS SOOO SMOOTH. YOU CANT GO WRONG WITH THIS.
BUY MORE THAN 1. REVIEWS ON YOUTUBE UNDER-FEARLESS FEMME

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 3:31:00 AM More reviews by vancandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I very rarely give products five stars (ahem, lippies), but the E.L.F lip exfoliator definitely meets the mark. Yeah, the product is a little loose in the tube and can get mashed against the side if you're rough with it (which I am), but come on. I mean it's three dollars. Buying your own sugar and olive oil is cheaper in the long run, yes, but using this product is well worth the convenience of not having to mix up a little recipe every morning and evening.

The product does its job, and well. It leaves lips feeling soft and makes lipstick application so much smoother. It also tastes and smells good to boot--I mean it's made out of sugar and fat, so of course it tastes good :)

I'd rebuy this for the rest of my life, unless another brand came out with an equally good 2 dollar version of course.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Jen283

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this cautiously, having read mixed reviews on this products online. But I'm glad I did because I'm OBSESSED! I apply this every morning before my makeup and my lips have never been better! I now wear my frosty/dry lipsticks without blinking! This product is like a brown sugar scrub but in a stick form. You have to warm this up on your lips for a minute for it to spread nicely. Rub it in, wipe off the excess, follow with a balm! I keep a balm on while I do my makeup and apply my lipstick last. This product will cure your dryness/flakiness within days and you'll wonder how you ever lived without it. It also tastes amazing. For $3 I think everyone should try this.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by troo12

I have never seen a product like this before so I laughed at the thought of a "lip exfoliator". But that was until I tried it. I don't have dry lips but my lip stick tends to flake off. What's the harm in trying a cheap product just to see if it works? And it did!!!! Amazing stuff.
It also tastes good if you accidentally get some in your mouth. But don't try to drink water after you use it because it makes the water taste gross. Weird how that works, but I learned my lesson.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by neeeks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great product! Like previous reviewers said, IT IS NOT A LIP BALM. It's an exfoliator meant to remove the dead skin flakes from your crusty lips. After you've exfoliated THEN you can apply lip balm. It helps soothe your lips, especially since winter is just around the corner and no one wants chapped lips. I also use it before I put on lipstick and it works great.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMaven94

First off, anyone who complains about this product's price? Try working in a high end store where anything like this would be around 30 bucks and half the size. I love this product! It is very convenient as I can't take my home made lip treatment out and about with me and not make a mess. And for those of you who are complaining about it not moisturizing your lips, IT IS NOT A LIP BALM. It is meant for exfoliating your lips not nourishing them. After use, pair it with a lip balm and watch the magic unfold! My lips are chronically dry and flaky so this product was a gift from the gods! It even has what I think is a moisturizing oil in it meant to make the sugar grains be more gentle as they exfoliate. The only down side to this product is that after a while it started crumbling. Granted I was going hardcore and rough with it so I probably did that! and it has a very sweet taste which is awesome!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by snis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Apparently I am in the minority on this product. I found it hard to apply; it is almost like a solid stick of sugar packed together with little moisturizer. IMHO it needs to be creamier to facilitate application. Once you do get it on and work it into your lips, it does exfoliate them but I just don't like the formula. Even though it is cheap, I will not purchase this again. I will go back to my homemade remedy of brown sugar, honey and olive oil.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No