September 19, 2014 | 1861 users online

Lip Treatments - E.L.F. - Studio Lip Exfoliator

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by martini8787

I really enjoy using this in my night time routine every few nights. I bust it out before I wash my face that way any bits are washed away. After all that I put on my favorite balm to keep my lips moisturized. In my book everyone should have one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by jatkins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love it! I found this on Pintrest. Although I've tried most of ELF's products, this is just not something that I figured they would be good at. So, I didn't try it early on. After I saw the ingredients listed on Pintrest, I knew I had to get. Making my own brown sugar and oil scrub is just a pain and super inconvenient when I need it quickly. Unfortunately, my Target has been sold out for months, so it took me a while to be able to pick one up. This weekend I bought the very last one on the shelf. So, if you see it, grab it!

Both my husband and I use this. Just like other reviewers said, the first couple layers of each new tube just feel like a decent lip balm. You have to wear it down a tiny bit before you get to the scrubbing granules. I highly recommend this for getting rid of dead skin. The directions recommend following up with a lip balm. I see no reason for that since this is so moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by WendyTran

I ordered it online to try it out, since i heard a lot of good reviews on it. My lips are not super dry or super chapped, but I like to keep them moisturized and dry skin free, so that they would look good with a lip product on.
PS: when you try it for the first time, the first layer will only be like a lip balm, the grainy part comes after a few swipes. Dont freak out! :)
Ive always been using a wet towel of a tooth brush to take of excess skin on my lips, but this is a great option too.

SCENT & TASTE
The FIRST thing I noticed when I applied it was the scent. Its smells so GOOD! Im not good at describing scents, but it has a sweet vanilla scent. It does not smell chemical or cheap.
It tastes a mix of 2 things: sweet and the other I cant described, its a weird taste\smell, but not disturbing.

PACKAGING AND PRICE: Of course, the price is great. 3$. The packaging is great too, its very convenient. You can carry it in your purse if you want to: a quick non-messy way to exfoliate lips without a toothbrush or towel. The tube itself does not look cheap. For the price, you get 4.4 g, which is good. But for me, its not a lot because I use is several times a day, with my sister too. The bullet diminishes quite quickly xD

PERFORMANCE: This does the same job a toothbrush or towel would do. But, there is a plus: it moisturizes my lips too! However, I think that if you have REALLY chapped lips, this could be a bit painful if youre in a rush. The grainy part is rough, thats why it works. With chapped lips, using a bit more time is better.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 7:09:00 AM More reviews by mznoour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Convenient and does its job!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by SanjediMasta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Have repurchased this product so many times as gifts and for myself! I used to use the lip scrubs from lush and this is similar but cheaper and much more convenient. Easiest application you could ask for and it really feels like your pampering your lips, not like a chore.

The ingredients and benefits of this product are excellent in the short and long term. It gives instantly smooth, moisturised and yummy lips! In the long term I have noticed I don't even need to exfoliate my lips as often.

Only thing I would note is that the first time I used it with water on my lips and this wasn't so good for the product as it dissolved the top layer. I now use it with a really teeny bit of lip balm on my lips first and the results are excellent!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Angelique79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Read in more than a handful of articles that this was an essential buy, and they were right. It smells and tastes like the natural ingredients that it uses and it's easy to apply, making exfoliating your lips a cinch. I compare this to Fresh Brown Sugar Lip Scrub, which came in a jar and is a cult classic. I actually like ELF's lipstick bullet formula better because Fresh's formula was jelly like and got everywhere on the mouth.

Love that Target has an ELF section now, because that makes it even more attainable. There's nothing worse than ordering something online and having to not only pay extra money to have it shipped to you but also WAIT for it to ship to you.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by missnat

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A lip exfoliator that you can keep in your purse and use anywhere, anytime? Yes, please! I've used mine at least 10 times and it hasn't broken on me like it has for a few people here. Maybe there was a lame batch. It works great, although if I overuse it, my lips actually get chapped, but that's my fault for not being able to stop, haha! Beautiful packaging, great taste/smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2013 12:08:00 PM More reviews by ComplexBeauty09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

With the ingredients list and the price it hard to pass up! Avocado, jojoba and shea! No mineral oil in sight! The scent is the only down side of this product- you get a cheap chocolate, vanilla, hazelnut fragrance oil, ugh. Make sure you use it like it states- wet lips (after shower or washing your face works well) and apply. Great little treat to get all your girlfriends for the colder months ahead!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 10:38:00 AM More reviews by glamerous3059

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WOW!!! IS ALL I CAN SAY. THIS IS AWSOM FOR $3. BE CAREFUL IT BREAKS EASLY BUT ITS OK I TAKE QTIP AND SCOOP OUT, ADD COCONUT OIL OR OILIVE OIL AND SCRUB. I LOVE IT. ITS MAKE LIPS SOOO SMOOTH. YOU CANT GO WRONG WITH THIS.
BUY MORE THAN 1. REVIEWS ON YOUTUBE UNDER-FEARLESS FEMME

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 3:31:00 AM More reviews by vancandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I very rarely give products five stars (ahem, lippies), but the E.L.F lip exfoliator definitely meets the mark. Yeah, the product is a little loose in the tube and can get mashed against the side if you're rough with it (which I am), but come on. I mean it's three dollars. Buying your own sugar and olive oil is cheaper in the long run, yes, but using this product is well worth the convenience of not having to mix up a little recipe every morning and evening.

The product does its job, and well. It leaves lips feeling soft and makes lipstick application so much smoother. It also tastes and smells good to boot--I mean it's made out of sugar and fat, so of course it tastes good :)

I'd rebuy this for the rest of my life, unless another brand came out with an equally good 2 dollar version of course.