September 17, 2014 | 1904 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2014 10:02:00 AM More reviews by hannahx831

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Based on the reviews and descriptions, I really wanted to love this foundation. There are so many positives. The whipped bouncy texture is great, and it gives a great medium to full coverage. It doesn't feel heavy or greasy, and really lasts all day. It also has good oil control. The down side is the finish, it's not exactly matte, which is what I was looking for. It has a slight dewey finish, and like other reviewers said, there's a slight gray cast to it. If Revlon could make this truly matte and fix the grayness, then this would be the perfect drugstore foundation. The packaging is bulky as well. I'll use it up, but I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by sstanding

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this foundation for a while and have repurchased two or three times. The coverage is great, and the color matches well (although there is a gray cast as stated in previous reviews). My main beef with this product is the PACKAGING! Every single one I have purchased, the lid has broken and now will no longer close - a BIG issue with this heavy, clunky container! Because of the poor packaging I will NOT be repurchasing. After the last one I purchased broke 2 days later, I'm done.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2014 10:47:00 PM More reviews by pinkypink96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This would cling to all my dry patches and make my skin look dull. I would not recommend for dry skin

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2014 5:24:00 PM More reviews by MsGuppy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

PROS: Revlon Colorstay Whipped creme makeup has a nice light & bouncy consistency, and it lasted the whole day. It covered my breakouts. CONS: It gave my pimples. The lid broke. The foundation is in a heavy glass jar but only contains 23.7 mL (0.8 Fl. Oz.) of product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2014 3:47:00 PM More reviews by megxoxo91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Skintone/type: Very fair, sensitive skin with yellow undertones but that overall is often more red than anything else due to acne, rosacea, and dryness, but also susceptible to oiliness and shine w/ the wrong makeup. My skin is so much fun to contend with. :]

Shade: I chose the shade Buff because Ivory seemed too pink. I believe it's a match, although I expected it to be a bit darker than it is by how it looks in the jar but the color payoff is surprisingly white and makes me look sort of "blah".

Price, application and wear: Purchased at Walmart for $10.97 and I think that's sort of a lot. It is not HG-status for me so I'll be leery of that price when considering a repurchase. I admit I have only used my fingers to apply this so far because I'm usually in a hurry and don't want to risk testing it out with a brush quite yet but I will soon. I don't have the best brush application skills! I love cream foundation and the texture and blendability of this is wonderful. It isn't a heavy-feeling foundation on my skin which is a big plus. Used with the PhotoReady primer and Colorstay powder, my skin can breathe just fine. Coverage I would say is just barely hitting medium even if I build it up and generally is just so-so. It doesn't cover everything and I tend to use more concealer with this than I do other foundations. There is absolutely no discernible reason they should put a sticker on it that promises 24 hour wear... after about 3 hours it begins to melt and a touch-up is needed. The scent while it mercifully fades is not pleasant upon application, and the jar packaging is not my favorite. It weighs too much and is hard to keep clean.

Last thoughts: If I could, I would probably rate it more like a 3 1/2 and purchase again a "maybe". :) I can't say I recommend it or that I don't recommend it... just something you have to try and see for yourself. It sounds like it works really flawlessly for many, so it could just be my fickle skin.

3/25/14: Update! I repurchased but in Sand Beige, and it's FAR better than Buff. It gives my skin the right amount of color I want and seems much more corrective to all of the varying tones in it than just a pale wash of fdtn (as Buff was doing). And I've been using it w/ the Real Techniques buffing brush and am really happy with it now! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by smnthalbrt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've bought probably around 4 jars of this stuff, always in the color Buff because it matches my super pale winter skin with yellow undertones better than anything I've been able to find, especially impressed since it's a drugstore product.
It gives me great full coverage, which is a must for me because of hyper-pigmentation of ugly acne scars. My skins on the normal/drier side and I usually don't use a powder because it can tend to look pretty cakey.
Recently I've started tanning again and I went out and bought the Maybelline Fit Me foundation in 230 sand or something like that, and I just mix the two together to give me the right shade as I'm getting darker each day. The two mixed together is the perfect amount of coverage and dewiness.
I apply it with an ELF powder brush and when going out wear Hard Candy primer underneath. It wears a long time.
Looooove this stuff, besides the jar packaging. Bottle + Pump would be a dream come true.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Bellinop

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for about 2 weeks. I really love it! It looks better without a coverstick underneath. It lasts all day/evening. I am 55 and have acne scares. This really helps to cover them and not looked over done. This has not given me any breakouts!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by ShellyB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

3 days into use and I am really impressed by ColorStay Whipped Creme so far. I am an NW20/25 and got this in 240 Natural Beige. It's a great match for my skin tone. It glides onto skin with ease and I get great coverage with easily 12+ hours of wear. I like this better than the Colorstay Liquid because I don't feel it on my face like I do the liquid. My skin is on the sensitive side and this does not irritate it. I also have not experienced any breakouts yet. Very happy that I took a chance. This is a winner!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by l0laxc0la

This is a solid foundation!! I really like it and I'll probably buy it again! The color "110 Ivory" is literally a PERFECT match for my skin... I've never found anything better even in HE stuff. I am very pale and very neutral so I hate things that are too pink (I want to conceal some facial redness) or too yellow (Just looks fake and orangey on me). This is perfect for my N15 skin.

Also, formula-wise, my skin is SUPER sensitive and almost every liquid foundation gives me a reaction. I can't have chemical sunscreen or parabens in my foundations, and luckily, this has neither. Also, I think the formula has a bit of salicylic acid in it, and I have noticed that my blemishes seem to dry up nicely when I use this foundation regularly, which is a big bonus!!!

The texture, as others have said, is very.. unique.. but I think it gives a very nice skin-like and natural finish to the skin while providing some serious coverage. This is the closest thing to a full-coverage foundation that I have. Because of its thick texture, you can build it up quite a bit on "bad skin days" but you can also use a damp sponge to sheer it out to a really nice barely there finish.

This stuff is just so versatile. I wear it a lot and will definitely repurchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Catlove

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

The first foundation that I ever used up so quickly. Covers well, leaves a satin finish kinda glow from within look. Cushiony whipped medium to full coverage, I was absolutely in LOVE but one big problem is I can't find it anywhere here. Please someone tell me this has not been eliminated from the Revlon line???? I've noticed my Kroger doesn't carry it anymore and they once had a full display. Can anyone answer? Thanks.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No