April 19, 2014 | 1779 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by lexeelayne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I was always a bit iffy on the original revlon colorstay foundation. But I tried this after reading multiple good reviews and pretty happy with my purchase. I just dip my finger in it then apply it on my face then blend it out with the Real techniques Expert face brush. It can look a tad value which I have a problem with a lot of the time with multiple foundations because I have dryer skin. Overall though, it gives good coverage and one of the foundations that will remain in my makeup drawer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by ouija

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I never understood the love for ColorStay Liquid - it was always just 'meh' for me - but when I saw this Chanel-esque jar in Walgreens I had to have it. The packaging is absolutely gorgeous and very elegant. But it's what's inside that counts, right? At first I wasn't too encouraged - it looked like a thick, goopy mess. But once I applied it, I was in love. I use Sand Beige, which is perfect for me. What I love best is that whether I apply a little or a lot, it melts right into my skin...never dries thick or cake-y looking. Excellent coverage, and it lasts all day. By 1 or 2 in the afternoon my nose is a bit shiny, but that's to be expected. Beautiful jar, beautiful results. This is one instance where you truly can judge a book by its cover!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 10:33:00 AM More reviews by sophiedecay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I felt that the liquid version of the colorstay range made me look ashy and doesnt last long on my skin. But the creme version does a better job. A little goes a long way, i find that the beauty blender applies this foundation flawlessly. Has a spf 20 and does last longer through out the day (i wouldnt say 24 hours but I have worn it for bout 12 hours and it still looks good).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by EboniBrandon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I love this foundation. My only gripe is the color selection. I purchased caramel. It runs darker and more reddish-brown than the liquid oily/combo formula but I was able to live with that. I wear toast or caramel (caramel is always a wee bit dark in any Colorstay formula on me) depending on the time of year or how much sun I've got. I can wear rich ginger as well and it looks great with a more yellow powder over top, but it is a peachy pink undertone and is not my 'go to' choice. I am NC45 most of the year for reference.

In this formula, toast and rich ginger are WAY too light for me. What I ended up doing is mixing some of my Photoready in caramel, which is a bit light and L'oreal True Match in W7 with it. Voila! Perfect color and the texture didnt change much. Still thick and puddingy.

I love the texture. Easy to work with, it spreads well and covers beautifully. I'd say medium to full depending on how clear your skin is to begin with. For everyday I dont even need a concealer as it is fine on it's own. For special occasions then I use those extras. It is also easy to travel with IMO as it is thick and wont leak.

It stays in place which is a huge plus. It doesnt have the same durability in terms of transfer as liquid colorstay. The liqid does not budge! This holds up well but I'm not going to go hugging anyone carelessly either.

It doesnt oxidize much on me. Another plus. Stands up well in heat, humidity and photographs well. No detectable white cast.

The things I dont like: The packaging is cute but it's glass so you dont want to drop it and run the risk of losing your product. I'm not sure why it's not a full ounce like most other foundations and considering it isnt I find it expensive for a drug store foundation. On the other hand with this I find I use less so it lasts just as long as my liquid.

Overall I love this and will repurchase. Having to mix it for a perfect match, price and packaging arent deal breakers for me with this product. The performance, portability ( I travel a lot), and flawless finish I get with this far outweigh any cons this product may have.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by dragongirl26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was doing some research earlier on paraben free drugstore foundations, and ran across this one by Revlon. After reading some reviews, it sounded like it fit the bill so I went and bought some. I just tested it a little while ago and I have to say...wow! I'm very impressed! I was not expecting it to be so silky and smooth. I've tried other whipped foundations in the past that are good for a couple of days and then turn dry and crumbly. I don't expect that to be the problem here, though I will definitely update this review if it does. The packaging is fantastic - it comes in a heavy glass jar, which gives it a high end quality purchase kind of feel. It looks very expensive sitting on my bathroom countertop, and I was only $13.99! The ivory color matches my skin tone perfectly. It doesn't look cakey or dry, and it doesn't leave streaks or lines. In fact, it blends in perfectly. I was considering purchasing the Make Up For Ever HD foundation, but why would I spend $50 when this beautiful glass jar does exactly what I need? As an added bonus, it was not made in China (which is another thing I tend to look for on cosmetics). When this runs out, it will definitely be a repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by poopinpants

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

so the original revlon colorstay i like because of the coverage but its sooo thick and terribly hard to blend so it just stays in the spot and its just ugly so i bought this for $13 online but at target its $10 and my first impression of it was the packaging its so sleek and high end looking but i dont mind the bulkiness. i got this in caramel and it blends like a dream and perfectly blends into my skin and its the only color that matches my tone perfectly. the texture is like pudding and when you put it on its so light and airy and i love the coverage because its so light and not cakey or heavy at all. to me its a light to medium and i love how natural my skin looks. its semi-matte and it gives you a flawless natural finish. i will definitely buy this again. make sure to moisturize well before using it! i love how i dont need a setting powder to set it. this is just great and i hope revlon doesnt reformulate this xD but overall best foundation i have used hands down.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

OMG I LOVE this stuff. I am a huge fan of the liquid Colorstay and tried this because I heard it had even fuller coverage and was good for summer. This stuff is so lightweight yet covers like crazy. It's FULL coverage on me and does not feel like it. Its very creamy and rich and feels like satin on my skin. It photographs great and seems to fill in my pores.

It lasts so long like the liquid and doesn't transfer either. They are so similar, except this one is very creamy & you use less for fuller coverage. The packing is very heavy though, a large and heavy glass jar. I love glass jars so I am happy with it. It's a bit pricey for Revlon, but the stuff is definitely up to par with high end foundations. So when I think about it, this stuff is pretty cheap compared to paying $40-60 on a similar foundation. I am not kidding either when I say this stuff is comparable to the high end foundations, like Estee Lauder, etc.

I waited to get mine when Ulta had them for BOGO and used their coupon for $5 off $10. I got this and the liquid. BTW, I did not need a powder to set it or a concealer. It dried to a semi matte finish which I love and lasts forever. No break-through or breaking down of the foundation after 12 hours. I use the liquid more because I don't need full coverage really, but use this when I have somewhere important to go or pictures. I know I can rely on both to get me through great.

EDIT***** I used this for Christmas, applied it at 8am, took it off at 2am the next morning because we were gone so long. This stuff...omg...my HG foundation. NO WEAR at ALL at 2am. I felt it stayed put and never faded or looked greasy or weird or anything by 2am. I had a bad breakout of roseacea that day and it covered completely with no show-through. Everyone was commenting on how nice my skin looked. HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend!!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by StephScraps

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love it! Great coverage. I apply it with a Studio M mineral brush, the type with a squarish top, and it blends beautifully. Evens out my skin tone and covers my redness and age spots.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by toriiimiiin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

As one of those people who prefers to splurge on base makeup, I must say, this is a remarkable foundation. I had a photoshoot coming up and, having forgotten that all of my foundations have some sort of SPF in them, I stopped by CVS to pick up an SPF-free foundation to use in a pinch so I wouldn't have a white cast in the pictures. I was very pleasantly surprised. True to the name "whipped creme", the foundation has a very smooth texture, and feels unexpectedly light on the face, not heavy at all as I thought it would be. I was also surprised by how pigmented this was; you can easily achieve full coverage with this foundation in no time at all. Because of how "rich" this foundation feels, I expected my combination-oily skin to be an oil slick within an hour, but I actually found that this kept my oiliness under control pretty well. I suppose my only gripe would be the packaging - it comes in a heavy glass jar that isn't particularly travel-friendly. I honestly only expected to wear this once, but I now find myself reaching for this for all my special occasions or whenever I feel like I need more coverage because I know this will get the job done both quickly and well. This is a high-quality drugstore product that brings stiff competition to its higher-end rivals.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

I just LOOOOVE the coverage of this foundation. Out of the jar, it looks quite thick but the best way to apply this is with your fingers. It blends like a dream and the coverage is so amazing, you can skip powder/concealer. The longevity is no doubt amazing. This is perfect for days my skin isn't looking to good. I just don't care for the packaging - it's heavy and inconvenient for travel and you actually don't get much product. The only con is it can emphasize dry patches/cake up if you don't exfoliate and moisturizer. But regardless, I love it so much!