Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 1/10/2015 10:13:00 PM

I've been using this foundation for years. It covers all my acne, and never once made me looked cakey and was the only foundation I ever used that never made me look cakey.. Even the slightest bit. You only need a little when applying it. It stays on all day too. When I used a flat foundation brush with this I found it gave me streaks so when I started using beauty blenders it worked perfectly while applying this. If you have acne, this is the best cover up you'll find at a drug store to cover it up.

on 1/10/2015 10:23:00 AM

Well I used up an entire container of this! I use a foundation brush to lightly go over the areas of my face that need coverage after I moisturize with Vitamin c serum. Sometimes I get rosacea or acne and I can add more product as needed, though I have been taking better care of my skin, eating differently, and drinking more water so I do not need to use much to cover up flaws! If I want total coverage, this is too heavy for daytime in the sunlight for me, and I need to use an all over TM and may use this as spot cover instead. I have this in Nude, and I oscillate as to if this is perfect, too light or dark, but I think this is as close to my skin color I can get for me. Somehow this stops working for me, then, it is just what I need 3 months later. Perhaps there is no one right foundation for me all the time, but this is a good one for me to have on hand.

on 1/8/2015 6:04:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This really did not work for me. I tried over a light sunscreen as it looked very dewy. It spred easily, but I wanted to cover redness so added more to build. It looked super caked and unnatural. I took everything off and tried a very moisturizing sunscreen and a silicone primer (Maybelline Baby skins). I used very little and tried a sigma F80 and then a beauty blender. While it blends, it doesn't blend in. It moves around. Still looked caked though. Too bad as I have used the Color Stay liquid in buff (same shade) and like it. The mouse texture does feel intersting in the jar.. It's a thick liquid that feels a bit sticky or bouncy. I thought it might feel like one of those jelly bb creams they make in Asia. It does spread easily. The jar really is messy and unsanitary. It could easily spill and you have to put your hands. You need a spatula or must keep dipping your fingers in. A bottle you can pour a little on your finger tip..That has nothing to do with why I don't like it. The packaging does look nice though and has a heavy feel that makes it look fancy.

It had two big problems is that it looked very caked and sat on top of my skin, never blending into it. You would not want to build, as it cakes easily. The liquid is buildable. I knew the color buff be a bit green on me, but the Ivory is quite pink looking. Revlon could use a pale foundation with yellow undertones. The color buff looked darker in the jar than the liquid colorstay version, which I have. . On it looked like a gray cast over my face. Did not blend with the skin at all. I looked like a snake about shed it's skin. It also felt weird too - tacky and sticky yet cakey. I didn't feel my skin was breathing. Hard to take off. Funny as it goes on easier than the liquid, which dries fast. Nothing sticks to it either (blush etc). I tried the liquid again in buff and it the color looks great and blends in with my skin.

This goes back to CVS. Glad they take things back.

on 1/5/2015 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I have lost track of how many foundations I have purchased in my lifetime- you name it I have probably tried it. Hi end - drugstore mixed in my own dressing room etc. it gets as old as I am. I have enough on hand but am always on a mission for perfect skin (an oxymoron I am sure). My recent temptation is with Marc Jacobs mousse which is wildly expensive and this Revlon of a similar texture.

I hear the groans and calling foul - these two foundations are on opposite ends of the spectrum- HE and DS. However I have purchased both and found that the coverage (for me) is almost equal. I tried MJ on one side of my face and Revlon on the other - and lo! They looked almost the same! In fact the Revlon held up better for a longer time- no fading or shiny nose here.

Quite honestly I really like this foundation and will continue to purchase. I use my fingers and a BB sponge and then a Sigma flat (80?) to blend some more. Mist with water and dust with UD powder (my current fave) dust some Guerlain meteorites add blush and yes I am 15 again lol.

Financially this is a bargain- aesthetically it works as well as Any HE foundation - and the glass jar while a bit cumbersome is handsome and has easy access for spatula or fingers (I love my own germs). Most creme foundations of this consistency come in heavy jars - so don't make this your criteria for trying this product. I am buying some small plastic jars for ease in traveling - just as I depot eyeshadow and lipsticks I will now do it with foundation.

on 1/1/2015 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

This is a very late review and I no longer use this product. When my acne scars were deep and had angry cystic acne, I often turned to this. Medium to full coverage. I had used the Revlon Colorstay and found that clogged by pores because of the amazing full coverage, decided to try this formulation.

The product has a way of gliding into the imperfections of the skin and masking and softening it. As much as that sounds great, it also clogged my pores and felt like a mask. So, yes it made me feel like my imperfections were covered but it was a vicious cycle of treating the acne that came with it. My oily skin also enjoyed the thicker formulas as it kept the oilies at bay. Loved it and yet hated it. Very hard to remove it completely with makeup removers.

Now that my skin is less problematic, I prefer light to medium coverage products.

on 12/22/2014 4:48:00 AM

I have bad and I mean BAD acne scars. It has taken me a long time to find a product that is able to cover them all up but finally I have found my HG foundation. I apply it with a damp beauty blender and set it with a bit of powder for the best result.

Color selection is pretty good
Product is very bendable
Medium to full coverage
Feels light weight
Has a velvety/ matte finish
Doesn't cake up
Looks amazing in natural light
Last about 12 hours
Doesn't need to be touched up
Doesn't break me out

Packaging can be a bit messy
Slightly expensive being around $15
Clings the tiniest bit to dry patches

Overall this is an amazing product and is great if you're looking for a high coverage foundation that covers acne and acne scaring without being to heavy or cakey (:

on 12/21/2014 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I have been wearing this for about three weeks now and I really like it! I have used Nars sheer matte for several years and was looking for something a little less expensive to use on weekends and days off of work. I wear Santa Fe in Nars, I'm an NC30 in MAC, so I bought the shade warm golden. It's just about as good as it gets for color. In the summer I think I'll need one shade darker though.

I have very oily skin and this really does last. I still need to blot once or twice but even if I don't the shine isn't nearly as bad as with some other foundations I've tried. I tried applying with my fingers first but the result was too much coverage. So, I tried a few other techniques and settled on using a finger to dab on my face and then buffing in with a flat top kabuki. This results in a very nice finish that isn't too heavy. You don't need very much of this at all! But, that means it is very build-able. I can add a little where I need it and it covers really well. I do notice the gray cast when I first put it on, as other reviewers have mentioned, but once I set it with a finishing powder I don't notice it anymore. Bronzer and blush look great on top of this and don't get cakey. This foundation also does not oxidize on my oily skin which is nice. It's the same color all day.

As most everyone has said� the packaging is less than good. The glass jar is just not practical or clean. But, the product is good so I just deal with it. I don't think I would ever travel with this because of the packaging. Overall, this is a fantastic drug store foundation for my oily skin that I will definitely repurchase.

EDIT: I've been applying this with a Beauty Blender lately and have loved the way it looks. Much better than a brush!

on 12/16/2014 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I am picky about foundations. I have oily skin with my forehead being he spot that I must blot throughout the day.
I currently have 3 favorite foundations that I use.
Rimmel Lasting Finish
YSL Touche Eclat...forehead goes oily quick with this one but I still like it.
Covergirl 3 in 1

Revlon Colorstay whipped is a must have for me now that ive tried it. It is the ONLY foundation that I can truly go a whole day without needing to blot my forehead. The coverage is excellent. .it's neither wet nor dry.
My only issue was on deciding on what shade to buy. I bought Buff and it looks fine but when I first put it on, it has a slight grey cast to it that I don't notice later. I am thinking of trying a different shade. I see myself using this as long as they sell it!!

on 12/16/2014 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Before purchasing the whipped creme foundation first I Want to tell you about the Revlon colorstay liquid foundation. I first purchased the liquid in the shade warm golden. The shade looked like it would match. After putting it on about an hour later it turned very dark on me so much that I looked like I had an orange mask on. I returned it and purchased the whipped cream formula in sand beige. Color goes on a bit light but once it settled in, it matched my skin and looked very natural. I'm happy with this foundation as it gives medium to full coverage without looking cakey. Goes on smoothly and you don't need to work as quickly with it. This is very similar to the covergirl olay lift effect. Lasted all day. Color did not turn dark on me. Gives a satin finish. This is a pretty good drugstore foundation. I will update in a week or two to see if anything changes but so far I'm pleased with it. This foundation looks better as the day goes on. This is the opposite of some foundations where some of them looks great as soon as it is applied but than not as good as the day goes on. This is ok when first applied but gets better when it's on awhile.

on 12/15/2014 10:42:00 PM

beautiful to blend and apply, great colour matching choices, nice texture, would buy again
cons would be that it may have a weird unlikeable smell haah but not to bad

Popular Crème Foundations