Clinique Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

3.6

ingredients: water\aqua\eau [] methyl trimethicone [] butylene glycol [] neopentyl glycol diheptanoate [] dimethicone [] trimethylsiloxysilicate [] nylon-12 [] silica [] laminaria saccharina extract [] salix alba (willow) bark extract [] aloe barbadensis leaf extract [] cholesterol [] glycerin [] zinc stearate [] peg-10 dimethicone [] caffeine [] lauryl peg-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone [] lecithin [] disteardimonium hectorite [] dimethicone/peg-10/15 crosspolymer [] tocopheryl acetate [] phenyl trimethicone [] triethoxycaprylylsilane [] laureth-7 [] magnesium aluminum silicate [] potassium sorbate [] sorbic acid [] sodium dehydroacetate [] triethyl citrate [] hydroxyapatite [] xanthan gum [] sodium chloride [] alcohol [] dipropylene glycol [] disodium edta [] sodium citrate [] sodium hyaluronate [] nylon-6 [] chlorphenesin [] phenoxyethanol [] [+/- titanium dioxide (ci 77891) [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) [] mica]v

on 9/13/2013 3:00:00 PM

Love it. I prefer mineal powder foundation, but if I had to pick a favourite liquid foundation, it would be Stay Matte. Provides excellent coverage, does not cause acne, feels light on the skin, looks quite natural. The only negative thing (for me) is that the lightest shade (Linen) is still a tad dark for my NC15 skin. But I blend it well, so it works just fine. Good value for money.

I have extremely oily skin and have been wanting to find a foundation that would make it through the day. I switched because I had been using Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H, which is almost twice the price of this one for the same amount of product and the Lancome foundation doesn't keep me matte.

Overall, I am a pretty disappointed that it does not keep me matte at all! It's wonderful for the first 15 minutes, but after that, I start to see some shine coming through. Right now, it has been around 10 hours since I first applied the foundation and I am an oily mess. I don't hate this enough to return it because the price was better than Lancome's and the color (Golden Neutral) is an exact match for me, but I will keep looking for a foundation that works for me. The foundation is a bit watery for my liking, and I feel like the coverage is not as great as Lancome Teint Idole 24H. By the end of the day, you can DEFINITELY see my blemishes again.

Bottom Line: I watched a couple reviews on YouTube about this foundation and some people seem to love it, but if you consider your skin "super oily" like I do, I wouldn't recommend this one for you.

on 8/29/2013 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Just as a background: I have very fair skin with pink undertones. I was on the hunt for a good foundation for my oily, sensitive, and acne prone skin but every time I purchased one, whether it be a high end or drugstore brand, the color always seemed to look orange-ish against my skin and always looked too dark no matter how light the shade. A few months ago, I went to Sephora and they used that machine that matches your skin tone to all the compatible makeup shades in the store, and their computer suggested this one. I got a sample of it and used it for about two days and fell in love. I loved the coverage and the shade matched perfectly with my skin and it had been a long time since a foundation looked that natural on my face. I have really oily skin and was extremely impressed with how long it lasted. I did have to blot and touch up eventually but it was a good 6 hours before I did which is so awesome for me. Obviously I purchased the full product for about $24 which I think is so worth it. I apply it with the Sephora 55 foundation brush and it's perfect! I will definitely repurchase.

on 8/21/2013 1:37:00 AM

This foundation does the job, but it is not HG status! I will buy it again but I am still on the search for a better foundation.

on 8/15/2013 12:29:00 AM

I wanted to like this so badly. I wore it for about on a month, but I noticed I was getting a ton of blackheads and bumps along my jawline. I think it clogs my pores.

Does not do much for my oily skin. It ends up sitting on top of my skin with a greasy layer by lunch time. It oxidizes on my chin only, which is odd.

Sadly, I will not repurchase.

on 8/9/2013 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this foundation! It's great and has tons of color options. This foundation has medium to full coverage and stays practically all day!! It's great for acne prone skin, doesn't cake, easy to blend, and super natural looking.

on 8/8/2013 9:54:00 PM

I have always had a hard time liking Clinique foundations. I was looking for a foundation that was medium coverage, matte and oil-free. Found it!!! As I get older I realize that I don't need to wear the heavy mask type foundation. It makes you look older!!!! This one is light but covers well! A very natural finish. Love it!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I've always been a fan of Clinique due to the fact that they are allergy tested. I'm only really turned off by the price because where I live, make up can be super expensive. I was previously using Maybelline's Fit Me foundation in the shade 310 but after going through my second bottle I finally realised that it was just too light and too dewy for my liking. I then gave in and bought my Clinique in #19 sand shade and it is a true match - makes my skin look really nice, coverage is really good and it doesn't let out oil as much after a few hours of wear (and with setting powder on top.) I would totally buy it again but I will just have to source a website that sells it for a little less since the department store charges so much!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

still on the hunt for my HG foundation. my skin is very oily and this doesn't keep it at bay like i thought it would. it also slides off of my face even with primer, powder, and setting spray. the color is good but the staying power and not keeping me matte is why i won't repurchase. it's a whatever foundation, not terrible, not great. i will still use it until i'm finished with it. the packaging is great though and clinique foundations always last forever.

on 7/23/2013 7:32:00 PM

This was the first ever Clinique foundation that I have used. I have never been a big foundation fan as it always causes me to break out however for special days or nights out I use it to even my complexion. This foundation was the best I have used in a while! Before this I owned a Chanel liquid and Dior 'forever' foundations. Both had appeared to do the job when first applied however even with powder they seemed to slide off my face and felt very unnatural to wear (if that makes sense!). Clinique's stay matte foundation really does work... It is the first foundation that I have found that stays put on the T zone (especially my nose area) and covers with a even/brighter/great coverage. It does not feel too thick yet it makes my skin appear brighter and much smoother. It does not appear to cause as many break outs either which is great! I was never sure about Clinique products however I have been very impressed and will definitely be buying this foundation again. The price is not cheap however I definitely believe that paying a little extra can really make the difference with all make up (as long as you do your research first!). If you are a girl who doesn't want to look plastered in make up but wants it to stay put and look fresh this is the one for you! I have an oily complexion across my T zone so an oil free formula is essential.