September 30, 2014 | 1082 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 2:21:00 AM More reviews by FearlessBarb

I have oily skin and I mix this with about half as much sunblock as the product and apply with my fingers then finish with a foundation sponge. It gives good coverage and looks pretty natural. I finish with a translucent powder. Nothing seems to stay very matte on me but I'm not going for a dry look at my age. It lasts well through the day even though I blot often. The color is a good match and is flattering, I use Linen, a warm /neutral color.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by LoveMakeup4Ever

I really love this foundation. I only get oily in my t-zone with certain Foundations but This stayed matte all day. I didn't even have to use a powder. The price is good for a non drugstore foundation. I bought this for $24 and the packaging is in a tube which is great so you can apply the right amount. Definitely will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i am NC42 and i tried this in both "Sand" and then again in "Golden Neutral". Sand is just way too flat and dark-grey cast. Golden Neutral was a much better match but just a tad too light. The color range is not very good, it jumps all over the place and there is so much PINK in all of them! Even the SA at Sephora said he thought Clinique had the worst foundation color options. So it definitely performs well in the STAY MATTE area, thus 3 stars but it really highlights your dry spots. Dry skin peeps stay away from this. this foundation managed to find my dry spots around my nostrils and cheeks. not a good look. after 4 hours a little oil was peeping through, not bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by katymz38

love this. makes my skin matte in the morning and 10 hours later, my skin looks flawless and dewy. love it. great for oily skinned girls. would definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2013 9:40:00 AM More reviews by Curlycat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Doesn't irritate my skin.
Doesn't break my out.
It has lasted a long time, you only have to apply very little.
Gives decent coverage.
High pigmentation.

Doesn't last all day.
It's too dry.
It covers well the first minutes but then it kinda melts or something.
The color "vanilla" seems to be a little too dark for my skin.

= I want to try another matte foundation next time. I won't repurchase. This one is more suitable for the oily skin types I suppose.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2013 10:40:00 AM More reviews by gaucho

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I will start with the caveat that I am normally not a fan of liquid foundation, preferring powder, and I only tried this because I got a free sample from a Clinique salesperson who convinced me that this would be ideal for my skin. I was willing to give it a try since my favourite powder foundation has been discontinued, but she could not have been more wrong! First, the foundation is quite thick and concentrated, and a little goes a long way. I found it difficult to get this on evenly and blend it well. Second, it ended up looking pretty cakey on me, and the finish was not natural-looking. Third, if you have any dry patches or areas your moisturizer may have missed, this foundation will exacerbate the situation and will make your skin look quite flaky (which doesn't help with the cakey effect). On the whole, my face felt tight and uncomfortable, but did not look all that matte. The coverage seemed fine, although the colour (#05) was a little yellow for my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by FabulousFemme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The lightest shade of this foundation is much too dark for my skin tone! I was so excited to purchase this, but clearly it's made for women with dark skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by AmCam28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this for my wedding last year & use this as my summer foundation. I use Clinique's Superbalanced the rest of the year. I have extremely finicky skin, so I gravitate towards Clinique's non-allergenic, fragrance-free, oil-free products. I have tan skin, so color matching is always tricky, but #20 Golden Neutral blends in undetectably during the summer. Golden Neutral is a little dark/orange for my untanned skin.

Pros: oil-free, non-comedogenic, fragrance free, holds up pretty well in warm weather, no spf- so it looks good in photos

Cons: will transfer onto clothes, does need touch ups

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2013 1:23:00 AM More reviews by charlie1206

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

what brought me to this foundation was the fact that it said " stay matte" I am very oily and I look for foundations that can help with my oil . First off , the coverage is medium to full if yoild it up it can be full coverage . It does give u a matte look, my skin does still get oily through out the day and the foundation does start to fade away over time . I also have acne prone skin this foundation does not make me breakout at all or cause any pimples . I only really wear this in the summer cause I want something to keep me matte , The reason I gave it 3 stars is because for me I need a foundation I want to wear all year around and this doesnt do it for me , also it transfers really bad m if I somebody gives me a hug this will end up all on there shirt I hate that . This is a great foundation for someone who has combination skin (not that oily ) and wants a light to medium coverage , my color in this is 25 (spice) in Mac studio fix fluid I'm NC50

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by cgarretson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin and have looked for a liquid foundation for years that actually accomplished what all "matte" foundations claim to do. This product takes the cake for me. I apply it with a brush instead of a sponge, and to me that makes all of the difference. Obviously your skin will not look matte while wearing the makeup if you are working out or sweating intensely during the activity, but the purpose of the makeup is to diminish oil. I only wear foundation during the winter, and this gets the job done.