April 19, 2014 | 840 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by xannieee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This was my very first high-end foundation and I was so excited to use it.
I have to say, it has a great texture and it goes on very smoothly and this foundation didn't break me out at all. The packaging was also very cute.
However, this foundation doesn't stay on my face the entire day like my MakeUp Forever Mat Velvet+. Also, if you don't mind a scent to the foundation then you can consider buying it. It's a great foundation but I wouldn't repurchase because I use my MakeUp Forever one.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Hamberguaaa246

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Having very very very oily skin in the past i have been skeptical of foundations and whether they're actually oil controlling or not. Each foundation i've tried oil has always triumphed and come through leaving my make up a mess. Massive props to clinique and this foundation , this truly does control oil like no other foundation i've tried and so i'm pretty happy with the product. I put it on at the start of the day and though my make up isn't perfect after 6/8 hours ( what makeup does achieve this though) it has controlled the oil incredibly. Criticisms would be how dark the shades tend to be , I got honey and i find it tends to be on the slightly orange-y side also it is a very sheer coverage ( you're informed of this on the box though so that was my own error) however this foundation is build able and you can achieve a decent coverage by building it up. Use in conjunction with a good powder and you're good to go.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2013 12:52:00 AM More reviews by flower805

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sob.... I really wanted to love this product. It met all of my standards as far as texture and coverage. BUT (and this is a huge BUT), it oxidized like crazy on me! And that's saying a lot, because the warmer shades ALREADY lean way too orange for my asian, yellow-undertone skin :( The SA matched me with 8.0 Golden Neutral, and it seemed perfect in the store (damn you, deceptive department store lighting!) but as soon as I got home and put it on, I looked like a bad spray-tan victim.

Sigh. Oh, Clinique. When are you going to realize oompa loompas don't exist naturally in the real world?

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This was my HG for years until it was discontinued a few years ago. This is the new and improved version but it's not even close to being as good as the original. I tried the lightest shade Linen and could see that as the MA was applying that it was too dark. As the day went on, it oxidized and then to a very peachy/orange color. I looked like an Oompa Loompa in training! #foundationfail

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 1:52:00 AM More reviews by jjmacdon

FINALLY I have found my perfect foundation. I have tried everything for my sensitive, acne prone combination skin and this is the only one that stays put all day without sliding off. It hasn't caused breakouts on me either. The coverage is very good without being cakey. I follow it up with Vichy Dermablend Concealer Stick for any stand out spots and then an allover powder with the Vichy Dermablend setting powder and my face looks great all day. I tried the Clinique acne solutions concealer and it always slid off on me or dried really flakey/cakey. The Clinique loose powders including the redness solutions loose powder also didn't work as well as the Vichy Setting powder, so now I have my favorite system. This foundation is GREAT for combination/oily/sensitive/acne prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by lini07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

bought this in Golden, was a bit dark on my skin(indian skin),however when I blended it with a sponge applicator, it looked natural.
1st time user of this product, I LOVE IT...my skin is super oily, this helps oil control...put this on 8am, its now 11 and my skin isnt oily.
usually within an hour my skin gets oily.

great product,blends well, smooth going on. non sticky, no sort of smell to it.

I am a user of clinique 3 step care (for oily combination skin) and since then I am a fan of their products.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by hodabarr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this product in summer time, and even though I had someone match me, the colour is still too dark and that sucks. It's been half a year since I've used this product, but what I remember is that it actually made my skin oily and cakey.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Victoriajane89

I am really disapointed with this foundation. I have oily skin and always looking for a foundation that lasts, covers and doesn't make me shiny or to caked looking!

The texture of this foundation is quick thick and creamy and applies really well to the skin and is very blend-able. You can reapply to the blemished areas and not look like cake based! Lasted all day and made my skin soft.

The problem is it made my skin red... not a rash but just a pinky/red where I had applied the foundation.. and I have never had this from a foundation before. I would recommend this foundation to people but make sure you get a sample first to try out to see if your skin likes it!

Good price for the quality otherwise.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by PinkCarnation

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation. I am a Clinique Type 3 and this is perfect for my combo/oily skin. It stays on all day even in high humidity. It goes on very smoothly and doesn't settle into any lines.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by laurelwatanabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Ok, I'm kind of a foundation addict I have a new one every month but I think I might stick with this one a bit longer. I have been using the Smashbox BB cream and really like it but it wasn't offering enough coverage, I've had some breakouts and redness and dry patches due to the cold. I haven't found a Clinique product in the past I've liked so I asked for a sample it last a couple days and I really liked it, it offered a lot of coverage without looking cakey and even though it's matte it doesn't cling to my dry patches. It keeps the oil away and still has a little bit of dew to it. I like it a lot. I'm an NC25 and am using 04 Creamwhip. I am half Japanese and have a yellow base.