July 25, 2014 | 1641 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by AmCam28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this for my wedding last year & use this as my summer foundation. I use Clinique's Superbalanced the rest of the year. I have extremely finicky skin, so I gravitate towards Clinique's non-allergenic, fragrance-free, oil-free products. I have tan skin, so color matching is always tricky, but #20 Golden Neutral blends in undetectably during the summer. Golden Neutral is a little dark/orange for my untanned skin.

Pros: oil-free, non-comedogenic, fragrance free, holds up pretty well in warm weather, no spf- so it looks good in photos

Cons: will transfer onto clothes, does need touch ups

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2013 1:23:00 AM More reviews by charlie1206

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

what brought me to this foundation was the fact that it said " stay matte" I am very oily and I look for foundations that can help with my oil . First off , the coverage is medium to full if yoild it up it can be full coverage . It does give u a matte look, my skin does still get oily through out the day and the foundation does start to fade away over time . I also have acne prone skin this foundation does not make me breakout at all or cause any pimples . I only really wear this in the summer cause I want something to keep me matte , The reason I gave it 3 stars is because for me I need a foundation I want to wear all year around and this doesnt do it for me , also it transfers really bad m if I somebody gives me a hug this will end up all on there shirt I hate that . This is a great foundation for someone who has combination skin (not that oily ) and wants a light to medium coverage , my color in this is 25 (spice) in Mac studio fix fluid I'm NC50

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by cgarretson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin and have looked for a liquid foundation for years that actually accomplished what all "matte" foundations claim to do. This product takes the cake for me. I apply it with a brush instead of a sponge, and to me that makes all of the difference. Obviously your skin will not look matte while wearing the makeup if you are working out or sweating intensely during the activity, but the purpose of the makeup is to diminish oil. I only wear foundation during the winter, and this gets the job done.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2013 2:48:00 AM More reviews by ah63

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like many other reviewers, this looked thick and cakey on me too. I got golden neutral #8. Works great for NC 35. When I got this I also got a sample of their new pore refining solutions makeup and I love love LUV that one. It looks like real skin and hides my pores and imperfections. And it keeps me more matte than stay matte. I got #8 golden neutral in that one too. So I returned the stay matte and exchanged it for pore refining solutions makeup. And I'm so happy I did!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Ginawwhan

This foundation is what I would call a "eh" product.
it's not horrible, but it's not that great either. It's not super expensive but it's not a cheap product either so I expected a little bit more than most drugstore foundations. However, I wouldn't say it was worth the money I would go for lo'real's true match or revlon's hd foundation instead, which is cheaper.

Pros:
-Matte, good for combination to oily skin
-not sticky when it goes on

Cons:
-Cakey
-Does not have a good coverage compared to the fact that it is cakey
-can be too drying sometimes

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2013 2:18:00 AM More reviews by q8a6y5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great foundation! I have rosacea and it s a buildable medium to full coverage for me. Doesn't break me out which is exceptional.
it looks natural on the face, even if i set it with a loose powder, so totally not cakey!
I have many other foundations, but i wear this the most because of the great coverage and the lasting power. It stays all day long without doing any touch ups!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Dendaria

Dont like it, its cake!!!! On my face....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2013 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

I live in the South, where it's hot and humid almost all year round. Which is why, I was very excited to try this product when it first launched. I was matched to the shade Golden Neutral. The color match was pretty good. It didn't oxidize badly on my face, like other Clinique foundations that I've used in the past have. Also, I will say that it does provide a pretty good level of oil control to my face. However, by the end of the day, there is shine that I see in the nose and forehead areas. So, for me, it does not provide all day oil control unfortunately. And, that's the main reason why I purchased it in the first place.

Even though, I don't think that it's a bad foundation, I don't really feel "wowed" by it enough for me to re-purchase it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by xannieee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This was my very first high-end foundation and I was so excited to use it.
I have to say, it has a great texture and it goes on very smoothly and this foundation didn't break me out at all. The packaging was also very cute.
However, this foundation doesn't stay on my face the entire day like my MakeUp Forever Mat Velvet+. Also, if you don't mind a scent to the foundation then you can consider buying it. It's a great foundation but I wouldn't repurchase because I use my MakeUp Forever one.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Hamberguaaa246

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Having very very very oily skin in the past i have been skeptical of foundations and whether they're actually oil controlling or not. Each foundation i've tried oil has always triumphed and come through leaving my make up a mess. Massive props to clinique and this foundation , this truly does control oil like no other foundation i've tried and so i'm pretty happy with the product. I put it on at the start of the day and though my make up isn't perfect after 6/8 hours ( what makeup does achieve this though) it has controlled the oil incredibly. Criticisms would be how dark the shades tend to be , I got honey and i find it tends to be on the slightly orange-y side also it is a very sheer coverage ( you're informed of this on the box though so that was my own error) however this foundation is build able and you can achieve a decent coverage by building it up. Use in conjunction with a good powder and you're good to go.