November 26, 2014 | 1053 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by e12345

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. It's the best liquid foundation I've tried and it covers fairly well. I only have to use concealer on major red spots. It works very well when it comes to keeping the oiliness of my face at bay. Although the price isn't the best (around $30), I think it's worth the money. It doesn't cause me breakouts and it lasts on my face practically the whole day, unless I touch my face. I just cover it with a cheap face powder from New York Color & it cuts down the shine even more. The bottle lasts me about 3 months and when it gets low, I cut the tube in half & wipe the makeup out with my brush to get the last of it out. I highly recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by lizzietoast

My all time favorite foundation. The coverage is very natural but definitely evens and covers blemishes. I have found there is a wide color range which practically matches all skins. I use a beauty blender or real techniques buffing brush to apply this and it is absolutely beautiful! I do not have horribly oily skin but I love that this foundation allows me to look" just powdered" the whole day. It costs about 27$ but has lasted me ages. I do not this the price is something to scare you away from this perfect product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 2:21:00 AM More reviews by FearlessBarb

I have oily skin and I mix this with about half as much sunblock as the product and apply with my fingers then finish with a foundation sponge. It gives good coverage and looks pretty natural. I finish with a translucent powder. Nothing seems to stay very matte on me but I'm not going for a dry look at my age. It lasts well through the day even though I blot often. The color is a good match and is flattering, I use Linen, a warm /neutral color.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by LoveMakeup4Ever

I really love this foundation. I only get oily in my t-zone with certain Foundations but This stayed matte all day. I didn't even have to use a powder. The price is good for a non drugstore foundation. I bought this for $24 and the packaging is in a tube which is great so you can apply the right amount. Definitely will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i am NC42 and i tried this in both "Sand" and then again in "Golden Neutral". Sand is just way too flat and dark-grey cast. Golden Neutral was a much better match but just a tad too light. The color range is not very good, it jumps all over the place and there is so much PINK in all of them! Even the SA at Sephora said he thought Clinique had the worst foundation color options. So it definitely performs well in the STAY MATTE area, thus 3 stars but it really highlights your dry spots. Dry skin peeps stay away from this. this foundation managed to find my dry spots around my nostrils and cheeks. not a good look. after 4 hours a little oil was peeping through, not bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by katymz38

love this. makes my skin matte in the morning and 10 hours later, my skin looks flawless and dewy. love it. great for oily skinned girls. would definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2013 9:40:00 AM More reviews by Curlycat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Doesn't irritate my skin.
Doesn't break my out.
It has lasted a long time, you only have to apply very little.
Gives decent coverage.
High pigmentation.

Doesn't last all day.
It's too dry.
It covers well the first minutes but then it kinda melts or something.
The color "vanilla" seems to be a little too dark for my skin.

= I want to try another matte foundation next time. I won't repurchase. This one is more suitable for the oily skin types I suppose.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2013 10:40:00 AM More reviews by gaucho

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I will start with the caveat that I am normally not a fan of liquid foundation, preferring powder, and I only tried this because I got a free sample from a Clinique salesperson who convinced me that this would be ideal for my skin. I was willing to give it a try since my favourite powder foundation has been discontinued, but she could not have been more wrong! First, the foundation is quite thick and concentrated, and a little goes a long way. I found it difficult to get this on evenly and blend it well. Second, it ended up looking pretty cakey on me, and the finish was not natural-looking. Third, if you have any dry patches or areas your moisturizer may have missed, this foundation will exacerbate the situation and will make your skin look quite flaky (which doesn't help with the cakey effect). On the whole, my face felt tight and uncomfortable, but did not look all that matte. The coverage seemed fine, although the colour (#05) was a little yellow for my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by FabulousFemme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The lightest shade of this foundation is much too dark for my skin tone! I was so excited to purchase this, but clearly it's made for women with dark skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by AmCam28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this for my wedding last year & use this as my summer foundation. I use Clinique's Superbalanced the rest of the year. I have extremely finicky skin, so I gravitate towards Clinique's non-allergenic, fragrance-free, oil-free products. I have tan skin, so color matching is always tricky, but #20 Golden Neutral blends in undetectably during the summer. Golden Neutral is a little dark/orange for my untanned skin.

Pros: oil-free, non-comedogenic, fragrance free, holds up pretty well in warm weather, no spf- so it looks good in photos

Cons: will transfer onto clothes, does need touch ups