September 18, 2014 | 897 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eye Studio Master Precise Ink Pen Liner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by xxch3yxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is by far my favorite eyeliner EVER! I never apply liquid liner neatly but this takes the cake! I have total control of the thin and thickness of my liner and its perfect for creating wings! The outcome is very neat, very precise, and the color is very vibrant. The packaging clicks closed to ensure the pen does not dry out and the lid never falls off. I wish the price for this product were cheaper but it's such a wonderful liner that it's worth the cost! For a drugstore product, I must say im very pleased and quite impressed! I would recommend this to a friend 100%

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2013 4:11:00 AM More reviews by Alicecomleyy

I'm so messy if I attempt to use gel eyeliner with a brush, so this was the perfect solution for me! Great product, and it definitely does what it says on the tin, it's very precise! The product is brilliant for applying winged eyeliner as it offers such a precise, pointed tip which can easily be manoeuvred. The colour is intense, and for me it lasts all day without so much as a smudge which is great. The only down side to this product is that it's near impossible to line your waterline with it, as it immediately comes off and gets into your eye which isn't nice! But overall a great product, would definitely re-purchase :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 3:45:00 AM More reviews by PiMehMeh

I had been using Maybelline's Line Stiletto eyeliner for so many years that I decided to try this one for a change, wondering if it's the Line Stiletto's successor. Both are absolutely perfect for cat-eye looks--my everyday look--because of their tapered applicators. Like Line Stiletto, Master Precise is a liquid liner with a felt-tip applicator, but Master Precise's applicator is hair-thin, and the packaging is longer than Line Stiletto's packaging. The cap snaps onto the pen securely, versus the screw-on cap of Line Stiletto. It has the feel of a higher-end pen liner. It only comes in a single, black color and is equally, highly pigmented as Line Stiletto (which conversely is offered in various strengths of black). Both deliver a precise, bold and opaque black line upon the first stroke.

The most notable difference between the two liners is that Line Stiletto has a glossy, moisture-resistant finish that lasts all day, whereas Master Precise has a matte finish that I've found is more likely to smudge or fade throughout the day especially if exposed to moisture like sweat, oily eyelids, or humidity. I find that one advantage of Master Precise's matte and slightly smudging formula is that it is more forgiving than Line Stiletto in shaping the eyeliner with a cotton swab or brush to the desired shape, whereas Line Stiletto comes off in flakes once it's dried, and can look blotchy trying to fix.

Another issue I had with Master Precise is that its fine tip eventually begins to round-off to about the same shape as the tip of Line Stiletto's applicator. It's still sharp and buildable as need be, and again the line I draw is easy to clean-up or sharpen using brushes or cotton swabs, but it would be nicer and more true to its marketing that Master Precise maintains that 0.4mm-tip that practically no other drugstore eyeliner can boast except L'Oreal's Infallible Super-Slim.

The tip also becomes less soaked in product overtime, seemingly being trapped moreso in the base of the applicator. After a while, I had to apply this liner angled on its side to get product out of the applicator base and use the tip to shape what product I could get out of it. Line Stiletto has a similar problem as product starts to run out, but there is a ball inside the product that can be shaken to coat the applicator with the remaining product. There isn't such a thing in Master Precise's design.

Overall, I enjoyed my first trial of this product and ended up repurchasing another one because its application is so similar to Line Stiletto's, but with a significantly different finish and staying power. For staying power, I would stick to Line Stiletto, but for a matte black finish, Master Precise is perfect as long as moisture exposure is minimal.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by yas17

was very hesitant in purchasing this product but i ended up getting it after a friend convinced me and i'm very happy with that decision. i assumed that i'd have to continuously go over the line to achieve a presentable result but with one stroke it leaves you with a bold black colour. it's exactly what it advertises- precise- but that also has to do with how well you know how to apply it. i've also had it for quite a while now and it has yet to run out. favourite eyeliner ever!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by yechanhohyun

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the first liquid eyeliner I've ever used, and as far as I know, it does what it's supposed to do. I love the felt tip and the intense black color. It's fairly easy to use for a beginner like me. However, the tip is a little flimsy and dry, making it hard to create a thin line. Not sure if I would repurchase, seeing as there are many other drugstore liners I have yet to try.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Rabdaddy

Love it, it just works better upside down, which proves to be difficult when doing the left side of my face. Not like other pens where u can press it to wet the tip. Still great and long lasting though!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by melfucius

I've been using this eyeliner for a couple of months before I found another drugstore eyeliner (Lineur Intense) that I prefer just by a bit. It makes it really really easy to do winged eyeliner-which I do on a daily basis.
I do like how thin the felt tip is, but after a while it's really hard to get the product at the tip-as many other people have mentioned. The colour is great, comes out really pigmented for me.
The reason why I'm not 100% in love with this eyeliner is because it smudges on me quite easily (without me even rubbing my eyes accidentally).

I'm not sure if I'd repurchase this eyeliner again. I may repurchase this product again but continue to try out other ones in the mean time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

I had been using the Physician's Formula Serum pen liner before this but was off-put by its price point for a ds liner and the slight sheen it imparted. The Maybelline Master Precise liner has a very pointy felt tip, much better than any felt tip liquid liner I have ever seen. The product does not need to be clicked into the applicator or shaken really so you don't waste product the way you do with other liquid liners. The pigmentation of this liner is excellent; no bluish watery effects here and I really don't have to go over the line more than once. The finish is very black and matte. I have not experienced flaking or smudging with this liner although it does take a moment to set so be careful when applying. This is my go-to liner for daily looks, it is ridiculously easy to use even for the shakiest hand. Affordable and performs beautifully.
EDIT 7.1.13: Wore this for a concert and it was completely gone from my face at the end of the night. I will say it was an 8-hour affair in NYC outdoor heat. Even so, drugstore liners have never worn off completely on me before so this product isn't ideal for long-wearing/outdoor/waterproof purposes.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Erica7dawn

Great product for an eyeliner pencil! It stays on throughout the day, even after exercising moderately, there's barely a smudge. My eyelids are also sensitive to makeup products and I have had no reactions whatsoever to this pencil. Will buy again :).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Kellychancee

Such an amazing eyeliner. I've been using a liquid liner with a brush by elf, and now ill never go back. This one is sooo easy as the felt tip is stiff and doesn't bend around when you're trying to apply it. This is definitely my new go to liquid eyeliner