November 26, 2014 | 1904 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eye Studio Master Precise Ink Pen Liner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Luvmakeup626

I LUV LUV LUV this eyeliner!!! I am a dancer and when i preform its very natural for my makeup to smudge and come off but this stays on! It was very inexspensive and i love the tip it makes it really easy to apply the eyeliner.

Overall thoughts

i really like this eyeliner it is my fav! i recomend anyone to try this!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2013 6:29:00 PM More reviews by sgalvin687

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm usually too lazy to write reviews however I felt compelled to with this product because I really didn't like this liner...I usually wear liquid or pen liners to avoid smudging but after a very short amount of time of wearing this product I had the dreaded "panda eyes" look....I feel like I wasted money on this product and will stick to my extra slim Milani liner which works so well that I've repurchased numerous times and have even bought extras to stock up on case its ever discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by heyitsmar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really don't like this eyeliner. The one good thing I have to say about it is that it's easy to control because it's a pen-type liquid eyeliner. It was my first liquid eyeliner, and it wasn't intimidating at all. This one *tiny* pro is outweighed by all the cons:
-The formula flakes, fades, creases, and smudges so easily! All you have to do is blink with this stuff on your eyelids to see what I mean.
-The felt tip is too long to have a good amount of control over it.
-It doesn't glide on smoothly and tugs on my eyelids.
-It doesn't go on as dark as I would like it to.

It's basically a mess of an eyeliner. After just a couple of hours, I looked like a full-on raccoon! Stay away from this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by anelcz3

This is the second liquid eyeliner I have used, the first being covergirl linexact which was a horrible experience! At first I was unsure if I should purchase another pen liner but after reading some reviews, I decided to give it a shot. I am so glad I purchase this product! It is very pigmented, can easily get as close to the lashline as possible, and the ink does not smudge, smear, as I apply. Definitely will make this my go to liquid liner and will probably stock up!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by wixter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was the first eyeliner I used, and I'm glad that I didn't try a different one as this pen made it very easy to apply the liner. However, now that I am experienced, I hate this liner, and I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who is experienced with liquid eyeliner.

Since I am used to putting on pencil and gel liner, I thought a pen would be really easy to apply liner, which it is. The flexible, long, felt tip made applying a thin line very easy.

However, it was difficult to make an even wing as the tip would overflow with product and would make the wing too thick. It took many layers to build to a very dark black, and even though it was continuous flow, it would stop working mid eyeliner.

This also fades very quickly! I've never seen an eyeliner fade so fast!

Once again, this was great to learn with, but now that I know what I'm doing, I will never use this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 8:01:00 AM More reviews by JRom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favourite liquid eyeliner! I have tried many liquid eyeliners over the years again this is best drugstore one I've tried overall. The price is amazing, the pen itself is easy to use and can produce controlled thin or thick lines, and the product is a solid matte black. It is definitely an essential to have. I love my cat eyes but I also have oily skin and sweat a lot in this summer heat, but this product does very well in these conditions. I can wear it for about 5 hours without it wearing off a bit. The only slight issue I could have with this product is that the tip of the pen brush can deform a bit overtime (looking a bit curved). However, I'm fairly skilled at makeup application and this doesn't pose too much of a problem for me, but a word of caution to those who think it might affect them.
Unfortunately I can no longer find this product at any SDM anywhere; it's been replaced on shelves by Maybelline's "drama" and "smokey" here in Canada so I've had to return to my more expensive, albeit also amazing, Lancome gel liners.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by xxch3yxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is by far my favorite eyeliner EVER! I never apply liquid liner neatly but this takes the cake! I have total control of the thin and thickness of my liner and its perfect for creating wings! The outcome is very neat, very precise, and the color is very vibrant. The packaging clicks closed to ensure the pen does not dry out and the lid never falls off. I wish the price for this product were cheaper but it's such a wonderful liner that it's worth the cost! For a drugstore product, I must say im very pleased and quite impressed! I would recommend this to a friend 100%

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2013 4:11:00 AM More reviews by Alicecomleyy

I'm so messy if I attempt to use gel eyeliner with a brush, so this was the perfect solution for me! Great product, and it definitely does what it says on the tin, it's very precise! The product is brilliant for applying winged eyeliner as it offers such a precise, pointed tip which can easily be manoeuvred. The colour is intense, and for me it lasts all day without so much as a smudge which is great. The only down side to this product is that it's near impossible to line your waterline with it, as it immediately comes off and gets into your eye which isn't nice! But overall a great product, would definitely re-purchase :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 3:45:00 AM More reviews by PiMehMeh

I had been using Maybelline's Line Stiletto eyeliner for so many years that I decided to try this one for a change, wondering if it's the Line Stiletto's successor. Both are absolutely perfect for cat-eye looks--my everyday look--because of their tapered applicators. Like Line Stiletto, Master Precise is a liquid liner with a felt-tip applicator, but Master Precise's applicator is hair-thin, and the packaging is longer than Line Stiletto's packaging. The cap snaps onto the pen securely, versus the screw-on cap of Line Stiletto. It has the feel of a higher-end pen liner. It only comes in a single, black color and is equally, highly pigmented as Line Stiletto (which conversely is offered in various strengths of black). Both deliver a precise, bold and opaque black line upon the first stroke.

The most notable difference between the two liners is that Line Stiletto has a glossy, moisture-resistant finish that lasts all day, whereas Master Precise has a matte finish that I've found is more likely to smudge or fade throughout the day especially if exposed to moisture like sweat, oily eyelids, or humidity. I find that one advantage of Master Precise's matte and slightly smudging formula is that it is more forgiving than Line Stiletto in shaping the eyeliner with a cotton swab or brush to the desired shape, whereas Line Stiletto comes off in flakes once it's dried, and can look blotchy trying to fix.

Another issue I had with Master Precise is that its fine tip eventually begins to round-off to about the same shape as the tip of Line Stiletto's applicator. It's still sharp and buildable as need be, and again the line I draw is easy to clean-up or sharpen using brushes or cotton swabs, but it would be nicer and more true to its marketing that Master Precise maintains that 0.4mm-tip that practically no other drugstore eyeliner can boast except L'Oreal's Infallible Super-Slim.

The tip also becomes less soaked in product overtime, seemingly being trapped moreso in the base of the applicator. After a while, I had to apply this liner angled on its side to get product out of the applicator base and use the tip to shape what product I could get out of it. Line Stiletto has a similar problem as product starts to run out, but there is a ball inside the product that can be shaken to coat the applicator with the remaining product. There isn't such a thing in Master Precise's design.

Overall, I enjoyed my first trial of this product and ended up repurchasing another one because its application is so similar to Line Stiletto's, but with a significantly different finish and staying power. For staying power, I would stick to Line Stiletto, but for a matte black finish, Master Precise is perfect as long as moisture exposure is minimal.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by yas17

was very hesitant in purchasing this product but i ended up getting it after a friend convinced me and i'm very happy with that decision. i assumed that i'd have to continuously go over the line to achieve a presentable result but with one stroke it leaves you with a bold black colour. it's exactly what it advertises- precise- but that also has to do with how well you know how to apply it. i've also had it for quite a while now and it has yet to run out. favourite eyeliner ever!